Are there any negative outcomes if these remastered consoles are successful...

Are there any negative outcomes if these remastered consoles are successful? maybe even longer console gen cycles that are already too far apart? shilling/forced adoption of 4K displays?

Besides tricking day1buy cucks into buying the same 8th gen console twice by releasing the inferior version first then 3 years later releasing the "real" version, I can't help but feel this will somehow lead to more anti consumer practices.

Kinda like how supporting xbox live made it acceptable now to pay for online multiplayer on consoles like ps4 instead of being a free service like before xbl existed.

Also I suspect with the WiiU's failure that nintendo will try to recover by following xbl and psn and charge for multiplayer as well.

Thats pretty much whats been going on for the last decade.

Only going to get worse.

What's stopping devs from making games that run decently on the improved console, but like shit on the regular one?

And who's to say these are even the final improved versions?

It will mean another dragged out generation like the 6th, this time where consoles are little more than worse PCs (having nearly all the downsides of PCs without any of the positives) and sold on hardware that becomes woefully outdated within years, forcing more parity with PC titles.
I sincerely hope this won't be the case but I feel like it's going to be an inevitability with Nintendo's reviving the "fuck our customers" strategy. Followed thereafter by Steam releasing their own subscription service and fully cementing paid online as the norm.

No, they're already outdated.

There's a reason why the 8th Generation will go down as the Remaster Gen.

But its not even on games people would probably want to play like Killer7, Shenmue, or games exclusive to old consoles/PCs that cant be properly emulated, it's on games people already played to death on 360 or PS3 that go for less than 15 dollars now.

That would only remind people that the team no longer has the talent to make good games if they were to remaster those games.

It's not even like most devs make good games nowadays, or at least something worth remembering. It isn't like there's been much new IPs now compared to back then either

Market penetration. When 90% of your total addressable market have version 1.0 you optimize for that and halfass the support for version 2.0. Hard to say where the crossover point would be but as it can be expected that the relative size of the TAM for version 2.0 will rise slow but steady, I'd expect the switch at around 30%.
Marketing people say this. It's a lie. This will be the last gen, because it'll last forever. When you buy a console 20 years from now, it'll still run games released 2013 because it's just the console gen 8.whatever then. Still the same base architecture, just with added bells and whistles. Like a PC, just with better compatibility.

The target demographic. There's absolutely no way that people owning a PS4 Pro will outnumber people owning a regular PS4 at the beginning. It will take years for that.
Until then Devs will develop games optimized for the lowest common demonimator.

PS4 pro CPU is barely more powerful than the PS3 CELL.

Well, simply put it depends on how many people will own the improved hardware.
Generally speaking 90% of the consumers will stay on their current PS4, thus it's in their best interests to keep aiming to please them as their priority.

Consoles have been outdated since they were first revealed for at least 3-4 generations.

The Cell was expensive, and part of what drove up the PS3's price. It was also hard to work with according to devs, and the time it would take to familiarize with that tech would be better spent on optimization or better rendering techniques on a less foreign architecture.

Granted, going x86 did jack shit for producing more interesting games like it was supposed to, but going Cell-based now wouldn't fix that at all. Seriously, why do you think it took a while for the PS3 to lose its "no gaems" meme?

Fixed

If it leads to an industry crash, I'm all for it.

Thanks kikes.

Hopefully it does, it did last time for the perpetrator.

is that the 4k pro shot or the 1080p pro

the 1080p pro has more effects , see this is going to always be the question asked from now on.

Remember PS2 slim? Remember Xbox 360 slim? PS3 Slim and Super Slim? Fucking DSi or PSP 1000/2000/3000? Or just this? I don't know how it is a big deal now. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but it's way too late to give a shit, nothing will fucking change, specially since the console have a couple of years of coming out to begging with Buying consoles on launch is retarded to begging with
Will I need to spam this information on every thread concerning that new PS4 and Xbone? Because holyfuck, how much of a ignorant faggot you have to be?

this game will have 3 modes

4k 30 fps
1080p 60 fps
1080p 30 fps ( Enriched Visuals enhances ) what ever the fuck that means

My only problem with improved consoles is that devs usually don't risk losing sells and develope exclusively for the improved console.
There isn't a lot of N3DS games even when it's a lot better than the O3DS. That's because if you make a game exclusively for N3DS it won't be able to run on O3DS, losing the potential customers that owns a O3DS.

Oh user you crack me up.

Outside of shit like the GBC, Sega Genesis add ons, DSi, and the "New" 3DS I don't really know of much instances where new iterations of hardware are like the "remaster consoles".

BETA
TESTING
CONSOLES

HDR takes very little processing power. all ps4s are getting in an update so it's not that. whats funny is that 99.9% of people will not have the tvs to support it.

There's also the GBA SP and the PSP Go.You're right on the fact that hardware wise it doesn't change extremely, but with the N64 expansion pack you had extra hardware, if that counts.

Last time I checked those have the exact same hardware as the previous model, sans manufacturing improvements or smaller die size.

Can you imagine if the console war comes down to HDR versus 4k Blu Rays?

Did those systems add processing power? No? Exactly, you fucking retard, now shut up and go lurk some more.

All those slim/dsi versions were basically cosmetic changes of the original without any significant hardware upgrades. So they're effects on the market aren't the same as ps4 pro or xbone scorpio.

It's a greedy attempt at milking the early adopters and faggots that buy consoles at launch that didn't expect another hardware upgrade until the 9th gen. And since these new consoles are half assed upgrades (no native 4k) and not a proper upgrade like from 8th to 9th gen, there's a bigger chance the 8th gen could last a lot longer than the 7th gen did. Which means more stagnant advancements in video games and more shitty outdated console ports for PC.

I was speaking in relative terms. This generation has consoles that are now rivaled in power by laptops and even some tablets. In a few years I wouldn't be surprised if the next iPad will be able have a peripheral to stream 4k movies to your 4KTV. Compared to this gen, shit like the PS3 really does look like the supercomputer it was advertised as.

Yeah, my bad

And with Playstation currently having a commanding lead over the Xbone - especially in Japan (which is pretty much where all the actual exclusives will be coming from), that means that the launch PS4 specs will be the baseline for even the majority of Xbox Scorpio games.

I was going to hold out for a PSNeo, but after seeing the Pro reveal, I think I'll just get a slim when it launches tomorrow. PSVR, if anything comes out for it, will run fine on a stock PS4 - and even if it doesn't, some autist will create drivers for it on the PC - where it will be the cheapest of the "high end" VR solutions. Good enough for stroke games, at least.

Save that extra hundred dollars to buy the whole two games worth playing on the system, and then just wait for the next hardware iteration in three or four years.

Fuck off gook.

if they make games more demanding than what the actual hardware can handle they wont hit the 4k meme mark

The play here is to keep making the same shitty looking games so that they will easily run on a higher resolution on better hardware

Dumb console kids are getting jewed hard, as usual

Well, if there's any good to come out of it it's the fact that the hardware is iterating on the same base and are basically mid-range gaming laptops in terms of specs. If this means a unified platform for future releases instead of fragmenting the user base every five or so years and starting from scratch and then releasing shitty HD remasters instead of just updating the old games, then that's one good thing. And it's another nail in the coffin of console "plug and play, don't have to worry about your hardware" BS peasants love to whinge about whenever their inferiority is thrust upon them by the bulging cod-piece of the gloriously ascended.

You forgot PS2 Super Slim.