Games entirely self contained indoors in the villains lair

No retreating to the neighboring town for supplies, no dicking around in the Gold Saucer area (unless settlements were dug inside somehow).

Inner courtyards and the like is fine though.

Witchaven.

Maniac Mansion is like this.

Good choice and have a more accurately arranged map good sir.

In a similar vein there's Hugo.

Haunting Ground, if the mansion's surroundings count. You're still very much trapped.

Aren't all Devil May Cry with Dante like that?
Except for the first stage in DMC3, I'm pretty sure they take place in one.. place. I know 1 is set in a castle and 3 is set in a tower.

Resident Evil 1?
Portal games, I guess.
Super House of Dead Ninjas.
System shock games?
I haven't finished all of these and I'm way too tired to look it up.

Clocktower for the SNES i suppose

Mario 64, technically

Well at least if it actually counts as a game

Koudelka takes place entirely within the (admittedly large) wings and grounds of the decrepit Nemeton Monastery. Can't even buy anything (and hence the game has no use for money either) since there's like only one other person in the area that doesn't want to murder the three main characters, leaving the player to have to scavenge for anything useful.

Resident Evil 4 i guess?

Speaking of a house of residing evil…

all the good oldschool crash games have you stuck inside the evil guys teleporterbase where you are teleported near crystals that you have to collect and return to the hub to power the ebil genius superweapon

but if you collect all the gems you can then power the rivals superweapon

Crash 1 only moves onto the bad guy's island for the last third of the game. And a couple levels there that aren't in the power plant or the castle, so those still don't feel like they're in the bad guy's lair.

And Crash 2 and 3 have the hubs be the bad guy's base, but most of the levels involve you teleporting outside of the bad guy's base, so it doesn't really count. Only the last five levels of Crash 2 are Cortex territory, and only two levels (plus the last boss room) in Crash 3 actually belong to Cortex, I think.

Thank god I was born a millennial. Fuck what all you haters say about me. It's the tip of the technology era right before the inevitable race wars, extinction of the white man and downfall of humanity forever.

Are you baiting or just retarded?

I'm so happy I'm not forced to play short boring 2d games for 20 years before being amazed by barebones 3d fpses like doom. plus I can pirate everything. I'm so happy.

So a little of both then.

Would most Metroid games count? Can entire planets be the bad guys' lair?

Luigi's Mansion

Battlespire, Ultima Underground, King's Field, Shadow Tower, Wolfenstein 3D, Terminator Rampage, etc. Dungeon crawler games in general.

no surprise honestly

Pic related

Dungeon keeper
System shock
Descent

Well, amnesia fits that description

Millennial is anybody between 30 and 21

It's anyone who's primary childhood experience was after the year 2000.

And I would know because I am one.

Was going to say this. In a similar vein of being old and horror,
Ao Oni
Corpse Party
White Day

Vanquish.