August 2007

So what do you think actually changed? Because they ended up releasing Left 4 Dead instead

What happened at Valve between the release of the Orange Box and Left 4 Dead where Valve did a permanent 180 on the Half-Life series after years of planning? Keep in mind it wasn't too late yet and fans expectations weren't that high from anticipation yet

we'll probably never know
it doesn't matter now anyway, if hl3 comes out of modern valve it'll be utter garbage

yeah i know
most "3" games suck ass

not always

it usually depends if the original dev team sticks around or not, new dev teams will almost always lose the plot when trying to continue a series made by somebody else (unless the original devs were complete idiots and the new style is actually an improvement over their work)

L4D was made mostly by turtle rock studios.

what?

From what I hear Valve's company structure didn't help either, they let their employees work on whatever they want, but nobody else at the company seems to want to do anything besides cosmetics for multiplayer games. Plus they're making so much money off of Steam I can see them just walking into work and not needing to do anything.

I also heard they were responsible for the groundwork of CS:GO while it was just meant to be a port of Source to 360. I wonder why they left.

Nah, 4s or 5s you should probably worry about instead.

lol you made my point even more solid

They had a hand on overseeing the games, even the fucking sequel L4D2, its why you get their developer commentary on those fucking maps with Gaben.

Episode 3 never ever, even the Steam Machine threads had some hope they'll release it as its gotta-buy-software game.

To stop a Gaben, take control and press the Gaben

ain't my fault that you have shit taste user

some people count the gta 3d games as a trilogy, though i agree that it's arguable since they each had a self contained storyline

yeah 4s and 5s are almost universally trash, final fantasy is the only exception i can think of off the top of my head

i enjoyed it
only complaints i had was the janky movement and combat being a bit too easy

Here's a better list:
>Bare Knuckle 3 Not the butchered NA version
But that Metal Slug 3 listing is ok.

FUCKING CHECKED

Eh, you should have specified since most people would think your going by release order.

I want reddit to leave.

Where is everybody getting this world peace behind the scenes shit?!

It's a secret Instagram and Kikebook

Let's lay this out flat and see:

It's Cheech & Chong syndrome. Valve made Gabe rich and then he got lazy and gave up caring about the people who put him there or the work itself.

HL3 being a bundle-in with Steam Machines would've actually made people buy those fucking failure prebuilts.

neat
holy attention whore

lmao stay triggered weeb fag

First he got fatter, then he got lazy.

To be honest, totally dropping Ep3 is what I hate the most about how Valve turned out.

you and I both know that's not true

The end times are truly upon us.

anything out of valve recently has been about VR, not their multiplayer games. CSGO and TF2 get roughly the same amount of treatment, except CSGO is considered esports or something. dota 2 is ASSFAGGOTS and will always be ASSFAGGOTS.

It's never coming out. How do you not understand and accept this after so long?

If it ever comes out, I'll be DNF all over again.
Valve will probably even outsource it to Gearbox as well

I pirated the game and only played like an hour because I got bored, but if you are gonna start criticizing it criticize something that matters.

No please, spam that face as much as possible.

Given its current track record you're actually helping to ensure HL3 does see the light of day.

Just stop it already, fucks sake. If Valve is smart they will never make it because they will never live up to the hype no matter what they do, unless they send out a robot waifu that sucks your dick with every copy.

Now that's the stuff

What the fuck does that even mean?

Its shit

So what are you going to do it anyway if they release Ep.3 anyway?

It has been so long the game should be perfect to satisfy everybody. Even if it gets released the game most likely is going to bomb for not getting to the players' expectation.

I know it's shit, but the bugs in the first webm are non problems, you should have posted that webm with the shit bam ham combat first, as it actually makes a statement about a legitimate flaw.

are you really that retarded? or just have low expecting in quality?

Low expectations, and the bugs that were in that webm were, like I said, non issues as they didn't really affect gameplay. Nothing that corrupted a save or made a mission unable to be completed. Oh no a floating intangible box, what shall I do! other than walk past it.

ok, keep eating shit then, i wont stop you.

I told you in my first fucking post, the first thing I said, was that I pirated then stopped after an hour because I didn't like it.

I think you need to get some sleep, user.

Half-Life is a good game. Half-Life 2 is boring as shit

Debate me.

Valve makes more money from Steam royalties and microtransactions on community-made content than they do making full games. Half Life doesn't fit either of those strategies.

Valve stopped being a game company years ago. Now it just rakes in free revenue from Steam while everyone there works on retarded pet projects that will never see the light of day.

That's the general consensus of the series, even outside 8/v/.

Is it though? I am pretty sure anywhere but here people haven't played one and thought 2 was the peak of gaming up there with ebin ocarina of time.

Is it?

I don't generally pay attention to these people, but I sure do hear a lot about Half-Life 3.

If it ever comes out, you know that people are going to like it and say that it's the best thing ever no matter how shitty it is.

The difference is that Ocarina of Time is good, at least. Half-Life 2 just makes me want to go to bed.

I think you're wrong, they're both good games with lots of fun. But then again, I played both of them on their respective release dates.

I still think Half-Life 2 suffers from the Seinfeld condition, where so many shows have tried to copy it that if you were to watch it now for the first time it wouldn't be anything special.

Half-Life 2 being the "peak of gaming" is a meme spouted by valvedrone ledditors. I've seen several normalfags call out Half-Life 2 or even the entire series as overrated. Keep in mind, these are the same people who think games like CS or Quake are garbage because they dont have iron-sights.

the people you are talking about are probably calling it bad for the wrong reasons then.

I never said they were calling it bad for the right reasons.

He never said that you said that they were calling it bad for the right reasons.

that is true.

1996 was 20 years ago

f-fug

Boy sluts.

Catholic priest pls

It's just good taste, user.

(Checked)
I want to molest Holla Forums

The older you are the hotter it is in comparison in my opinion.

And most of them are fat neckbeards.

You will be seriously disappointed if you saw even five of them, user.

Which is why I will avoid that reality and keep using my imagination.

The few guys I've met here have been good looking
a hot bara and a pretty faced booty bumping cuteboy

Well this thread got derailed quick.
I think it's HLfags trying to numb the pain

I don't see why all the overweight anons don't use it as motivation to lose weight. That's the only way to be a girl for an older man who can take care of you.

I never said that he said that I said they were calling it bad for the right reasons.

I need to stop

I'm pretty much just waiting to die at this point. Gone too far to fit in anywhere else, anyway. It was kind of worth it to see the most popular girl in school (and her best friend's) tits on Holla Forums when we were 15. I called them by name in the thread, too. It was great.

I'm so sorry user. May your spirit rest easy.

I've wasted the last decade of my life.

I have no idea what the purpose of that anime girl is.

It has none, people with genuine autism tend to post pictures of anime girls that have absolutely no correlation to their text because in their autistic mind they think it expresses a feeling they believe everyone else can feel too but in reality we fucking don't and it looks cringeworthy

And of course nobody ever breaks radio silence about it so fucking whatever

What I did was realize that everything is a joke, we're just actors in a play being done for the amusement of God/ the Gods/ the Sun's asshole

(Checked)

You know this is one of the things that really makes me feel like I'm in some kind of alternate reality. I remember in 2012 or 2013 Half Life 3 coming out and seeing the reviews and gameplay of it on Holla Forums. Apparently it was a little disappointing after all the hype and was a mediocre but not a bad game.

Maybe I'm just going insane though… Anybody else on the same boat?

Nah, that's just a symptom of mental retardation.

Nice trips.

Yeah… I think that is probably the more likely conclusion when I have a slightly different version of history compared to everyone else…

Yes, it really is, seek medical attention

I'm not sure what they would even do that hasn't already been done in the past 3 installments of HL2.

Ice and snow isn't that exciting, nor can you do anything with it besides freezing to death mechanics and hopping over frozen lakes if they go for the boat is teleported into an ice shelf idea. I definitely wouldn't like to have another traveling vehicle section.

I thought for a long time that these threads were just troll threads and pretending that HL3 never happened was a meme.

That would make sense, actually.

And now that I think about it, I don't actually KNOW that Half-Life 3 hasn't been released yet.

It'd be Combine except winter camouflage and MAYBE a new cold-weather alien/Synth type (ignoring that HL2 didn't have half the Xen variety that HL1 did despite establishing Xen species roughly coexist with Earth species now) and maybe you slip on a lake's surface, and there's a snowmobile, and otherwise it's identical to baseline Half-Life 2. And that's HL3/Episode 3 if my experiences with the other HL2 games are any indication.

i know that feel

You need to know the secret handshake, slip Gabe $60 in-person, and give Erik Wolpaw a rimjob before you're given an executable for HL3 that doesn't allow screenshots or the simultaneous execution of recording software, shows up as blank fog if you try taking a picture of it with a real camera, and deletes itself after you've completed it.

San Andreas is the 5th GTA
Jak 1 is the Best Jak
Super Metroid is Metroid 3 Though it is the best Metroid

Just pedica my shit up famicus

They don't actually need to do anything, they have the premier game distribution service.
If you want to sell a computer game to a large audience you'll pay steam for every time your game is sold through their system.