Play a game

What's her name?

Other urls found in this thread:

yo-u-turn.blogspot.com.br/2013/10/va-monster-tale-free-download.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Okami, though I played through it twice.

I never did manage to find the OST for this shit.

Bayonetta. Mostly because I don't really have the desire to sit down and Pure Platinum everything.

Portal 2

The characters were very endearing, Glados got an origin story, implied to be the main character's mother turned AI.

When the story ends, Glados deletes her newly unlocked memories that made her human, and sends you off onto the surface, outside of Aperture Science.

As you ascend, a robot opera starts playing, where Glados literally sings the following:

My dear child…
Why don't you walk far away?
Yes, far away from Science!
My dear, dear baby…
Ah, my beloved!
Ah, my dear!

I might be biased, since it played into my mommy issues, but the game was just… Touching. I don't know, it wasn't anything groundbreaking, but if anybody does a story right, that's Portal 2.

I could never replay it though, because it's a linear, story-driven game, and I have a very good memory, so I'd just be bored.

*any game does a story right

It is a good game tho

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland.
One summer I played that bad boy at least once every single day, and I still wasn't tired of it.

Locoroco

You could try the co-op missions.
I still haven't gone through them because I have no buddies to play with.

Not really "short" though.

The Fall

short comfy puzzles & storyline

Is this the Protomen game we've been waiting for?

Metro 2033

Game was magical, sad it never made a sequel.

Crystalis

>I still watch the Chapter 13 ones every Christmas
:(

My nigga

Every single NDS Castlevania ever since my DSL broke down.

Klonoa 2. Always wanted to 100% it, never got around to doing so.

My nigga. I remember trading another game for that a long time ago. Still have it on the shelf above my desk.

i hated the fucking story so much. especially the "Dark Ones" bullshit.

I could be your buddy

vanquish

I hated how it never got resolved even with Last Light.

I wish there would be another game with the same atmosphere.

>Portal
>Danganronpa 1 and 2 are technically games because of the trials
I would replay Bayonetta and Bloodborne if they were on PC though, I just don't feel like going through all the hassle of dealing with consolos just to play them. No I do not own a proprietary closed platform like a con$ole because I have standards and only support platforms that respect the user's freedom, my roomate however does not give a shit.

The World Ends With you
except I replayed it about 4 times now

My fellow kinsman of a dying race

You are not alone

You know I just realized the point of the thread was to name something you never ended up replaying fuck I'm tired

The moment I finished the game I started New Game+. It was a really good experience that stills comfy.
He was just the Kid.

Day of the tentacle is one of them i guess

Try this yo-u-turn.blogspot.com.br/2013/10/va-monster-tale-free-download.html

user, frankly, this is a blessing. I think this is something Vanillaware understands, that's why they never release a sequel.
But I think some of their games share the same universe, like GrimGrimoire and Dragon's Crown.

The co-op puzzles are definitely superior to the ones in the singleplayer. The later ones really force you to think.

I like this one ^_^

Undertale

Ghost Trick
Drill Dozer
Magical Starsign
Chibi-Robo!
Might Switch Force 1+2

Paper Mario just really struck the right chord with me for whatever reason, moreso than the sequel.

Read the books, it's dark, depressing and satisfying

Also LL explains why he can partially understand the Dark Ones

It's the little things.
I really, really want a sequel.

They where in talks for a remake though.

Also, I don't know why I never beat Eternal Daughter, its freeware but something always happen when I start up a game.

The creator ended up making spelunky. Eternal Daughteru 2 nevah.

Ori and the Blind Forest.

I haven't played such a solid platformer in years, because the genre is basically dead.

Soul Blazer

Been meaning to play the rest of the "enix trilogy".

Illusion of Time/Gaia is fucking sweet. Definitely get on that. Terranigma is the third and just sublime.

Fun puzzle game, amazing ambiance, and a really really comfy soundtrack.
The only walking sim and one of they very few vidya that ever made me feel.

Shelter
Gunpoint
The Fall
The Swapper
To The Moon
A Bird Story

Will do, so it only gets better right? damn, just have to stop procrastinating on things.

Also unrelated/related, I started Little's King Story on Wii thinking it would be a short sweet title, but left it after just the second mission, just because, guess I'll return to it to find out.

Okami. Short or not, it was a small fragment of my life that I remember fondly.

This one was nice because I played the co-op with my dad. One of the last ones we played together.

Fez

I know, I know. Please bully me.

Let me tell you something about this game. It's not unbeatable, but the last level and last boss just make you think about the meaning of even play the game. Even if you have everything you are just so damn weak and slow if compared to what the game throws at you that it's hilarious. The difficulty there not only have a spike, it leaves the planet.
But the game have a cool ending.
Yeah, I cheated to beat the last boss, not proud but frankly, I preferred to do that than to give up the game at then ending.

MEIN NEGROS

ur waifu a shit

Those quads and that music convinced me I need to play The Swapper. Know any magnet links?

I replayed that game so much and I still love it. It's an old favorite of mine, right next to Jak and Daxter: the Precursor Legacy and Spyro: Year of the Dragon.
(checked)
I loved Portal 2 as well, and I know this feel. Occasionally I get the urge to play it again, only to be reminded of all the puzzles, and I once again lose interest in playing it.

reminder

No, sorry. Ask in the share thread. The game's sold on GOG so there's definitely a DRM-free version floating around somewhere.

The only walking sim that actually did something unique to that genre.
One of the best video games I ever played.
I occasionally try to replay it, but it never feels as magical as the first time.
I don't know what it was trying to do, but it did it fucking great.
Also had a great OST, which helps.

t. shill

To be fair, there's plenty of reasons to hate it regardless of fanbase.

I the ost MADE hotline miami.
Same goes for the sequel, but it had fewer memorable tracks…

I haven't finished a game in 6 years with the exception of spec ops: the line. that game was really short, and I picked it up after playing it for 2 hours a long time ago so I had to just play it 2-3 more hours to finsih the game. The game was meh tier, really. So I can't really say it's stayed with me or anything.

Trine

I don't "think about it regularly" but it was a genuinely good experience the first time around.

Certainly not short in the slightest, but I still really loved my time with it and hold it close. I'll probably replay it in a few years or something (admittedly it is a real time investment, given how long it is).

One of the best $10 or so I've spent on a game in my opinion.

I've actually had a habit of replaying that every so often. The way I see it, it's like rereading a really good book: you may know what's going to happen already, but the execution is just so good I don't mind going through it again.

I've been meaning to get around to those myself.

you are actually retarded, i'm very sorry

every day i wish i could forget ghost trick so i could play it for the first time again

when Yomiel breaks the 4th wall after you get caught by him, literally the eeriest thing

Suck my dick, user. Choke on it.

i haven't replayed a game in years

Pretty much any game I played on 3DS or DS.
It never takes me around 10h to beat them with exceptions being RPGs.
And I must say I remember all of them quite nicely with exception of Fire Emblem Awekening.

If I lived out there and didn't know the game's reputation as being really good, I think I'd have written it off as shovelware considering that cover looks borderline clip-art tier.

Yeah gonna go with this. I don't think I played it more than once, at least to the end.

god i want to cum inside patty…

What I've learned from this thread is that I really need to play Ghost Trick

Soul Suspect.

it really has no replay value whatsoever, but it was a nice little detective thriller "game"

If you like puzzle adventure games, it's really enjoyable. There's even some bonus scenes between chapters every so often if you go check out old locations.

Now go before someone spoils shit.

shit good idea, I was in this same situation with Danganronpa last month and didn't get lucky with friendly advice such as yours. Fortunately I have a hard time remembering Japanese names so the spoilers didn't stick. Goodbye and goodnight!

You're a cat.

no, you are

Wasn't it the botched game that couldn't be finished because the dev used the Kickstarter money in legal issues ?

not just think but actually communicate which is gay.

Played it through on the xbox, ocasionally think of downloading it for the pc but decide against it. Also helps that they didn't take a big fat shit on it by doing a remaster/remake or releasing beyond good and evil 2

I was just really in the mood for an arcade shooter

Swapper's atmosphere and puzzles were comfy as shit. Never gets difficult to the point that it gets stressful either. Wish the story was so far up it's own ass.

*wasn't

Bastion

Terranigma. The ending is profound and dramatic enough, that completing the games is also able to make you feel whole.

I am not gay
The Stanley Parable

Shit man, same. And the music is so full of emotion, especially in Crysta, that I fear it would be hard to go back.

I found it really hard to get through the first hour or so of gameplay for some reasons, does it get better after a certain point? I kind of want to finish it but, I don't want to pick it back up just to drop it again

Madworld

Same. And also No More Heroes 1 & 2. I should get my Wii remote hooked up to my computer and replay those in Dolphin.

The amount of time I gave them and seeing the ending (specially how N64 used Credit Line for both scenarios) it gave me some good feelings

The music, the autistic cases sometimes, that fucking clown and investigations 2 had a good story compared to 1.

I still remember finishing this one with my cousin.

I'm not sure if i can count this one since I havent beaten Dear Martel yet, but Dear Emile as painful as it was I still enjoyed the story.

There's a few mentions like Ghost Trick, StellaGlow, Professor Layton (Any game but considering Diabolical Box the best) and Limbo. Would list more but those are the ones I remember right now.

Yall niggers have some good taste
i cant wait till rom loading off a memory dard is a thing for 3ds

I think I might or might not have finished this game.
I remember the last boss being complete and absolute bullshit.
Tried to replay it like 10 years later and I have no fucking idea how I came that far as a kid without breaking my computer in half.

I spent a lot of time fucking around in the first town and dungeon, too. Once you get used to it, and once you leave Burg, things move at a brisk pace because the game is only ~20-25 hours long. Unless you're generally not into JRPGs, I recommend you give it one more shot. I enjoyed it very much, the story has some fun twists along the way.

You don't have to pure plat everything.
Just plat is enough to unlock jeanne.

Speaking of which, I only beat W101 once, because the fucking kahkoo-regah challenges give you a death-strike if you fail them. So if you want to get platinum, and can tell you've missed a good rank before it's over, you have to quit back to the main level, wait for it to load, go back into the kahkoo-regah, wait for it to load, then try again.

But on my first playthrough, it was my favorite Platinum title of all time.

To the moon
It's no really a good game, but for fucks sake. The god damned story is going to inject tears straight into your eyeballs.

You nignogs have taste.

I forgot to mention Tales of Phantasia. Played it back in high school on our shitty Macs using the SNES DeJap translation (the source of the "fucks like a tiger" meme for Arche). Even grinded up the entire party to level 99, beat the hidden dungeon, did everything.

Got hyped over Phantasian Productions creating a translation for the PSX version, even bought a Japanese PSX copy of the game, waited like seven years, downloaded the patch, patched the ISO… and then never got around to playing it.

A part of me just wants to go and replay the SNES/DeJap version because that ROM was broken as shit and would randomly drop items into your inventory, like late game weapons for Klarth (which made it effective to put him at the front of the party and to cleave enemies in half with the spine of his book), but another part of me wants to play the PSX version since it allows you to switch which character you're playing as and the sprites and art actually match Fujishima's designs.

Same for me. I've been thinking of replaying it for some time now but just never get around to it. Nice game.

That's the one thing I hate about those games. You destroyed all the enemies with smokin' sick style and never got hit? Here's a silver medal because you didn't tediously backtrack to find a shitty little portal and sit through a loading screen.

Metal Gear Rising at least put the VR challenges in their own section but still had a bunch of missable fights that you have to backtrack for. I'd rather that sort of thing counted for a bonus challenge than platinum on the main level (which you're trying to do as fast as possible since you're graded on time).

Gunpoint.

I loved it, and I 'm not in a rush to risk spoiling the memory while trying to refresh it.

It hurts

Planescape: Torment

It does one thing and one thing only: tell a story. And it does it fantastically well. But there's no reason to do more than two playthroughs: your first one and an evil playthrough.

I had to call the sierra helpline a lot

No I am

Skies of Arcadia.

Sure I sucked ass at getting discoveries first, and the encounter race was out the ass- but it was comfy.
I wish more games did dynamic boss battle music.

Megaman X Command System had a neat battle system- but again, a flawed game.

Also Pokemon Silver for "surprise, you've got a second campaign."

Ori and the Blind Forest
I had no internet, so I only had access to a few game I had in my scurvy folder. I finished it 3 times, very rare for me to replay a game. although it's probably because I was without innernette

Same!

The PS1 version is a pretty decent remake, but as far as touching up the combat it doesn't go as far as it could have, leaving it somewhere between Destiny PS1 and Eternia in fluidity (melee artes flow reasonably well, but spells still interrupt the flow of combat). Also, in my experiences with it, the encounter rate was toned too far in the opposite direction from how high the SFC one was, leaving it feeling at times like I was having to actively hunt for enemies to fight, and having to put up with no manual combat setting for a good 8-10 hours is annoying (I see now why Phantasian Productions patch includes a hacked in technical ring from the start).

Absolute Zero's picked up the ToPX/NDX bundle for the future (ToPX being the most refined version of Phantasia), but Thoroughim has decided that he'd prefer to see Destiny DC finished first before returning more to Phantasia.

Penumbra: Black Plague
The atmosphere in that game was top notch.

Such cute not Mario RPG.

The prior entry on the GBA got fan translated recently, on the off chance you or others weren't aware and want more.

I'll have to check that out then. Been a while since look ed into gba mods.

Portal 2 was a mixed bag. Had its moments, but shit on the lore and tone from the first game. It does that thing sequels do where it's really long-winded, overexplains itself and makes excuses for the original

Also congratulations, all that 'glados = caroline' shit worked on you, you sucker. the rest of us found it unbearable.

Papers, Please. One of the few indie games I actually really enjoyed.

Very fun, but no replay value.

I like to play Tactics A1/A2 once a year

mah nigger

I grabbed that forever ago, thanks for the reminder

I wanted to find out more information about not Suika. Did this ever come out?

All 4 Boktai games for me. 2 was the first I played, 1 the first I finished, Lunar Knights the one that put these games back in my radar, and 3 was the best one of them all.

You don't bother with the better game?

Any of the Ace Attorney games.

This seems a good thread to ask. A lot of these comfy games seem like weeb games.

Which of these comfy games have an easy to understand level of Japanese language?

I think most of these have English versions.

でも、日本語を勉強したい。

is not really a short game but i've yet to play the game again even though is one of my favorite games.

日本語を学びことができない。

you shouldn't put people down like that user.

he at least has a goal in life, that's more than 80% of the board

I think you can just try out any game that isn't super text-heavy and start from there. If you're that interested in learning, you might as well take a dip into the deep end.

…unless you're, like, really new to Japanese. In that case, I suggest you just browse screenshots of games to check if they have lots of furigana or something so it'll be easier to read.

して見ます。

I'm not really new. In fact. I started learning Japanese in 2007, at high school. But I went to uni, studied another language and lost most of my skill. When I went to Japan a few months ago I could manage, but the longest conversation I could have was a stilted 5 minute one. My biggest problem with Japanese media is kanji. I have little trouble with よつばと!, but anything more complicated throws up a kanji wall.

Seems like more of a reason to just try anything out, then. From my own experience, a lot of games aren't that hard to understand unless you're looking at a Dating Sim or something else really text-heavy.

If you really want a suggestion though, then how about Keroro RPG? I haven't actually played a lot of it myself, but it's a discount Tales game that's pretty easy to read.

Short and sweet.
More the former than the latter.

The theme songs from both games still make me emotional.

System Shock 2.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out. I imagine I'd have to pirate it, won't I?