ITT: Videogame Soundtracks you consider criminally underrated

ITT: Videogame Soundtracks you consider criminally underrated

Vid related. Halo ODST mechanically is just a mediocre cash in to try and mix the Halo 3 engine some more. But the art style and music was designed to make your none super soldier trooper feel lonely, isolated and vulnerable and while the rest of it is forgettable in the grand scheme of things its got a really unique soundtrack that has sadly been forgotten by time.

Dumping several

the ambient shit was good yer

shame it was the last passable gaylo game

Codbabbys didn't like the attempt to do a more low key sci fi story in a human city after their strange faux patriotism "finish the final fights of ultimate war guys" bombast

nah it sold like crazy cos of the map packs

everyone played it once

firefight woulda been played more but only two player co op sucked cock for regularfags

I played Reach firefight constantly when I wasn't playing invasion with friends

Bought the guide for the lore, reached max years and cleared the game multiple times. That fucking OST is tippy toppers m80's

Just wanted to post some Oddworld tbh, sound design in Oddysee and Exoddus were spot on.

I think some blind guy has completed Oddysee as well becuase of how well they did the sound design.

Metro is basically filled with these, never see anyone discussing the game either.

reach sux tho sorry dewd

The best part was that the soundtrack was put on the game disk in a format that allowed it to be read by any CD player.

TECHNOLOGY

A cerebral soundtrack which takes notes from historical sources but does not emulate - the composer instead uses historical fragments and tradition to create unique pieces for each of the zones (Hellenic, Egyptian, and Medieval) which are really enjoyable and evocative. There's something very powerful about the ponderous grandiosity of it.

The Age of Kings soundtrack was godlike, the conquerors also had some pretty great tracks. I hardly ever see it around here.

Did anyone else ever get the vibe that Bungie were always very frustrated PC developers working on a console game? They were constantly adding features like map and game type editors that you don't really see in other console shooters.

I have never heard anyone talk about how comfy some of the music in Huniepop is

I'd imagine Destiny would be a solid pc shooter if you took out the auto aim

Feels good.

that shit is still stuck on my head

the composer does some other nice stuff
hadn't even heard of this game

I remember just casually putting it in the 360 since I was bored in my cousin's place years ago. That intro with the army and than seeing this badass kick those super soldiers ass. Finally put together when this played.

More like overrated as fuck. Nothing but generic Hans Zimmar ripoff scores like every other hackjob western game "composer"

Ignoring the fact that he'd probably be better compared to John Williams, it's pretty clear you didn't even listen to the music he posted. Zimmer rarely ever ventures outside the loud, bombastic side of things while the track OP put up is much more subdued.

Way to perch on that Halo pedestal, traitors.

Everytime

I wouldn't be surprised. The sound design in it is great and is useful even if you're a normal player.

Maybe not so much here on Holla Forums, but I know that none of my normalfag friends know or have even heard of Neotokyo. God, I love the OST…

I heard that there's this blind dude that plays fighting games competitively and that he is particularly good at one of the Killer Instinct games because of its excellent sound design.

strap in

There's a lot of criminally underrated games that started out as Sourcemods. Neotokyo deserves to be far more well known than Counter-Strike.

It really does. Ed Harrison deserves to be a lot more well-known too. I know he recently did some work for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, but that game turned out kinda shit…so…fuck.

This one was arranged by Jake Kaufman, actually

Well the mainstream mostly liked it and I think if he's trying to get his name out there, saying "I worked on that big budget Deus Ex game recently" will work better than "I worked on this super good sourcemod that noone played"

True, but goddamn, that OST is heavenly.

The Age of games seem to have pretty good soundtracks in particular

Apparently those were dogpeople. Shame we don't see more of them though, they seemed pretty badass in their own right.

Black Flag's soundtrack fit it's theme very well.

Mostly old games I guess, some of them have great music but most people don't even know they exist

I will just leave this here and let you faggots decide.

Halo fanboys are like that.

NO
FUCK IT TOOK ME MORE THAN 10 YEARS TO GET THAT SOUNDTRACK OUT OF MY HEAD FUCK YOU user

fuck this game and everything it represents, but holy shit was the soundtrack great.

Such a great soundtrack. I use it all the time as background music in my syfy ttrpgs

everquest

I consider Black Mesa's soundtrack to be criminally underrated

Also the Half-Life series in general has some damn fine soundtracks that are way underrated

From Ian Livingstone.

GRID 1 & 2 has some awesome music by him too, but f1 2012 is the best.

I can't help but love the soundtrack

Armored Core music is kind of underrated.

i just want to build vehicles and especially mechs and airships user.
why did this all happen

not sure if this was posted or not

Why? It's a shitty live performance gimmick, nothing more.