Super Mario for smartphones

It's more that their current and recent priorities have been very different from what anons were used to growing up, so a lot of people feel that they are (rightly) dead in spirit.

Sage for shit bait thread.

completely unfounded

The difference is that Sony is a multi-media company that makes all sorts of things. Nintendo is solely around video games, and was only doing things with its own systems.

Nintendo started as a toy company, and even then, it made Game and Watch and other cheap electronic toys before moving into video games. They probably treat their shit as toys and phone software as toys too.

I'm calling it, the NX will have an iOS/Android companion app that ties in to every game and shares ad revenue with publishers so every fucking third party wants to be on it.

So you're saying Nintendo is as bad as Sony now and that's a good thing?

Go back to where you came from.

No, I am implying that even when companies like Sony make games for smarphones that didn't stopped them from focusing at console games.

Shame literally everything they have done is pure shit.

Why the fuck are you implying anything on consoles hasn't been suicide inducing in years, normalfag?

well, in theory, they can keep all the simple 2easy bullshit on mobile and maybe, just maybe, on their dedicated hardware they'll stop dumbing down all their games constantly. by being able to get buckets of money from mobile (because shareholders fucking love mobile devices for some ungodly reason) they can use that cash to make their bigger games and not require dumbing down and shoehorning in their mainline games. at least, this is how it should be done: milk the mobilefags, give the dedicated supporters more of what they want using that cash.

it's a hopeful dream and not at all realistic, but it's how it could be done successfully. make pokemon go updates and mario bullshit on phones for the casuals who want their games to be piss-easy walking sims, then give real fans what they want on console/handheld releases, including standard difficulty curves and whatnot. not gonna happen, though.

Literal Retard

Reminder that we could've said the same when the Wii came out, and they developed great games and consoles since then.

Nofriendo

I gladly welcome any measure that brings consoles closer to death.

merely pretendo

And they haven't produced a good game themselves in forever, just like Nintendo.

And you should note "oh no, they're only going to make smartphones" is not the only thing being said.
To plenty of others it is simply another fuck up amongst a variety of recent fuckups, and in that combination shows how their priorities have slipped.

your moms priorities have slipped
right on to my dick

That'll hurt. My mom's pretty heavy.

I just know the reason they haven't said shit about the NX is because it's compatible with 3DS games and they don't want to risk losing shekels from n3DS sales.

Fucking kikes. I ain't buying their shit.

to dust i return

Just keep sucking that corporate cock, user~

Leftist detected

Not to mention how Nintendo's stock plummeted immediately after they announced they wouldn't be abandoning traditional dedicated-system games for mobile, because vultures were swarming them and thinking they were going entirely mobile just because of Pokemon Go.

Nintendo's not dying in any of our lifetimes, but whatever keeps the nintendoom crowd happy.

and sony is doing so well?

nintendo is probably going to use these mobile smart phone app sales to help offset the inevitable cost of selling their consoles on launch at a loss as they've done. As a hardcore, core audience gamer, this absolutely disgusts me and as someone who has never bought a nintendo product or ever considered buying one, I want everyone to know that they'll never see another cent from me!

One can hope. I know I do. But how likely is it that their hardcore games have been passion projects and they'll keep those going, even if they make so little money from it yet make hundreds of millions elsewhere?

It's not likely at all, but one can hope and dream and feel the same soul-crushed feeling other fans of other companies have felt ten times over already

I think the biggest reason they have is that they'll want to be cautious - Mario Run and Pokemon Go are hits among the casual crowd, the same fickle crew who abandoned the Wii U despite raising the Wii to success. The core crowd is what they can consistently rely on if they cater to them, and so can ensure a future for themselves with.

If only they'd do something about the jarring drop in quality their titles have suffered across the board…

what if OP never grew up and is hyped for more marioshit and le zelda as ever

Where'd you get that fucking face.