Was Age of Charlemagne a saving grace in a sea of DLC?

Was Age of Charlemagne a saving grace in a sea of DLC?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_WARHAMMER_Future_Content_Blog
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I guess it doesn't matter, I enjoyed it

What I want to know is will CA keep up the trend of quality DLC?

Some mechanics were defiantly in AoC. I particularly liked the war weariness one, limiting the player AND AI to not go to war constantly and build up economies and trade relations etc.

improved in AoC*

Otherwise the building trees were a welcome return to roots, where they needed you to build a cathedral main settlement building in order to buil church schools that boost research rate and hospitals that both increase sanitation and boost unit replenishment in the province.

That was 1 of three different building chains, thus making the settlements feel more realistic and balanced. Also able to maximize specialized settlements next to key resources for maximum profit

Has there ever been a more blatant shill thread?

Yes, but nobody around here even plays total war anymore.

The emptiness of this thread is proof of that, besides I didn't ask anyone to buy it.

It hugely improves on Attila, especially with war weariness and the not horrific costs to building stuff

No.
No there hasn't. Not even for Fallout 4.

Were the units seriously increased in upkeep costs or was that just because my non-AoC economical mod was rendered incompatible with AoC?

Thank God they didn't put fucking faction packs like every one of their other DLC's onto AoC. I'd drop CA right then and there and wait for cracks to newer games because this is my niche.

No idea, I didn't play a ton of Attila compared to Charlemagne

Well what was a general range for your units, my most expensive one was fucking 340 gold per turn for a single unit

Medieval 3 when.

I don't know if we want that with the way CA has been. I still can't tell if it's SEGA pressuring them or CA has genuinely gone down the deep end.

I think it was just certain units had ridiculous upkeep like the armored swordsmen

Anyways, M3 will probably be announced sometime in 2017 unless they throw a curve ball and do an entirely different period

I would rather have 1500's-late 1600's.

And for it to be not made by CA

or Sega

Likely Sega
See:
Relic, Atlus, Amplitude

I like Attila just fine though, and even Rome 2 can be fun with it fully patched and modded a bit.

What did you mean by this, like when Francia split into three?

I'm talking about DLC user, Attila was fine but Rome II at launch was non-quality controlled

30 years war period, also the start of the Pike+Shot warfare

Only if I get to liberate the Romans at Constantinople from the fucking turks

TW: Warhammer is actually pretty good.

Too bad it has Denuvo

I was looking at it, but denuvo and day one dlc plus not being able to take the whole map turned me off. Plus I've never been big into fantasy, low fantasy being the exception.

Its not vanilla but you can

Buy Russian key for like $10 - $20
Activate with VPN. Big deal.
Also I think there is a pirate version with cracked denuvo.

Honestly I'm having fun with it. There are mods that fix the stuff that sucks so eh. Only bad thing about this game is the DLC jewry.

Not even bypassed yet

The biggest issue with it is the jew levels on DLC are off the chart
It's only worth it on sale and waiting another year for them to pump out the rest of the DLC and all the new factions

Worst case scenario at least CA isn't Paradox

Is your anus prepared for when they announce how they will ruin Medieval 3 next as their next game?

Theres still two other TW games to make

The only people who care about denuvo in a thread are the denuvo shills looking to harvest screen shots

Which ones?

And it's made with a engine that can't handle melee combat in any satisfactory manner on a fundamental level.

Total War Arena
Total War Battles: Kingdom

former looks like a moba
the latter looks like f2p cellphone trash

What?

wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_WARHAMMER_Future_Content_Blog

Believe it or not its been fixed, no locked animation nor sudden stopping cavalry.

I will never give CA a single shekel, or bother pirating their shit games so long as they keep using Warscape.

Such progress!

Yeah, nah. Units are still incapable of holding a cohesive formation, fights are still one on one duels with pointlessly elaborate animations and their hack job concerning charges isn't fooling anyone that isn't retarded.

So you havent even seen footage?

Are we talking Warhammer or Attila?

the 1vs1 duel thing has always been in TW. Even in fucking rome1

I've played the fucking game you filthy shill. It's the same turd as Rome 2, they just made units lose morale faster so it doesn't become as obvious. They still blob like crazy.

And here is the other staple of this thread, the newfag.

Nope. The Rome and M2 engine allowed for soldiers to actually gang up on each other since animations were simple affairs, each unit being able to attack, block or parry. If you had ever played any of these games you'd have seen soldiers helping each other against enemies.

Total WaWa

>>>/suicide/

Buy the game goy else we Holocaust you back.

Nah, its actually playable

There are major differences to other games, its not just morale

This is still true, even if to a lesser extent

At most you would have 4-5 guys engaging while the rest was watching.

How can you do something that never happened?

That's like saying a Bethesda game is playable. You can polish a turd but it's still a turd.

I know, but the underlying foundation is shit, so no matter how much they sugarcoat it it will still taste like shit.

I want to like the games, I really do, but CA are hacks. They've had this shit engine that is utterly unsuited for simulating anything but line infantry engagements and they keep reusing it time and again.

>>>/gaschamber/

If nothing else, none of the games combined together can capture the moment of the rampdrop in M2TW, especially the music leading up to it.

Tell me, how is Attila now? Did the performance get better? Did the AI become at least a bit smarter, so that hiding cavalry in a forest isn't the winning tactic every single battle? Did it get more content?

AoC improved most of the gameplay mechanics, both Campaign and battle. I didn't even know you could exploit horses in forests, I always charged them and flanked like a real TW game should.

No, No, Paid one

I forgot to mention underlying blobbing units is still a problem, but it was reduced. Not really any consolation I guess but I still like to play the game personally. I wouldn't have made the thread otherwise.

And performance? I recall it dropping as low as 10fps even on campaign map

It has never done this for me, and I've had it since launch. But I don't know if my game is an exception or not, worst I get is a small framerate drop when zooming out as far as you can go and catching some clouds.