Elysium (WoW Private server) General: Working as Intended EDITION

Elysium?!

A new server made by the russians who made Valkyrie, a server created back in '09, this time with a focus on the international community rather than just Russians

(Alliance)
(Horde)

Contact
Get in discord

Discord
discord.inf8.xyz/

-Don't be an autist
-Don't be a normalfag
-Don't be swami
-Don't be petpriest
-Don't spam
-Moderate your mememastery to a tasteful minimum
-Dorfs only (Dorf fort only rule)

Why alliance this time and why only dwarves?
change of pace and the novelty, also deeprun tram flute works outside DRT

NEED HELP LEVELING UP BECAUSE I AM SUCH A FUCKING SCRUB

Ask in the guild if anyone wants to party with you

WHAT PROFESSIONS SHOULD I TAKE

Whatever the fuck you want really.

WHAT CLASS SHOULD I PICK

Whatever the fuck you want.

SOUNDS COOL, WHERE DO I SIGN UP

Make an account at valkyrie-wow.org/about/?#8

Download the game here: logon.vanillagaming.org/VanillaGaming_1121_Pack.rar.torrent

Change the text in realmlist.wtf to

set realmlist logon.valkyrie-wow.com

Select the "Elysium" realm on login

There are some people currently playing on the L4G server, you can go there if you want as well.

HURRR DATS TOO HARD

Too bad.

GUILD BOARD?

>>>/nostalrius/ is the old one for nostalrius. Heavily outdated.

GUILD BANK?

Working on this

QUESTIONS

Post in this thread, or message one of the officers at the top of this post.

Strength and autism.

reposting this oldie

I got a few questions:
1)How big are our guilds?
2)How good is the scripting/raids?
3)What are the rates and the botting policy?
4)Would anyone be willing to quest and level with me on a set schedule and try to stay grouped in level?
5)Are the server mods cucked?
6)Is the server progressive, and what patch is it on?
What classes do we need most? I'd assume it's warlocks and druids as usual?
8)Is futa gay?

The Horde-side guild is up to 55 members, with some alts. Fairly active, with 5-6 people being on at any given time. Can't speak for the Alliance-side guild.
It's decent. Raids can't be spoken for, but the scripting is on-par with most other private servers. Pathing is a bit fucked though.
I have no idea what you mean by 'rates'. The botting policy is probably the same as any other server. Multiboxing is allowed, though only with 1 other account.
What the fuck are we? Your handler? Catch up and level like everyone else. We have high-level people in the guild who might be willing to run you through dungeons at most.
No more than on any other server.
Server is almost exactly like Nost in it's progression. DM and AV are going to be released in a month since Ragnaros was downed. You can see more on their site.
it's warlocks and druids as usual?
Play whatever the fuck you want. The likelihood we'll raid is pretty small.
8)Is futa gay?
It depends on the existence of testicles.

-How bad is pathing?

-Rates means xp/gold/item rates. I personally prefer 1x or 2x for xp and 1x for everything else. Interesting that they allow multiboxing though.

-I don't want a "handler" or to be powerleveled or anything. I just want someone to level with, since playing MMOs alone is boring. Also stuff like warrior/priest are boring to solo level but fun at higher.

People always say this, then the guild ends up with 12 rogues or some shit. Just wanna know for balance when doing dungeons and shit.

the scripts seem to be from Beta or early release
mobs that can heal themselves end up in an infinite cycle of healing themselves if you get them down to below 30-25% between each heal without killing them
some mobs spam their abilities, like the burning blade melee guys east of Orgrimmar, even though you have the immolation debuff
the ranged quilboars in the tauren spawn area doesn't use their ranged weapons etc

pathing is pretty much what it was during release with fleeing mobs walking through the terrain in caves or ducking underground and random "invisible" walls here and there you can't charge mobs through even though you should be able to
XP and gold rates seem to be 1x, items aswell although I don't have the loot tracker mod installed so can't realy tell

I'm not in the guild but when I did a /who infinity there was 5 or 6 warriors online, 1 druid, 1 warlock and I think 1 mage aswell but it might have been a priest

also key note: the entire server population is still disproportionately low level and the economy is fucked- nobody's selling mats or anything, at least in significant numbers.

Pathing is fine on flat surface and small inclines. As soon as you throw steeper hills and craters into the mix though, it's starts getting a bit iffy. Mobs underwater become an even worse situation, but you don't fight mobs underwater too often for it to be a big problem

Rates seem to be normal. It's all 1x, XP included

There is a nice spread of levels in the guild, so if you can catch up, you can hitch your wagon with one of them.

We seem to be good on tanks for once. Healers may be what we need, but again, just play whatever.

To be fair, that's mostly because the server is still relatively new.

which part?
that they are using old, bad, scripts and haven't fixed pathing?
either way it's no excuse when they've supposedly been working on getting the server running since '09

the quest "Supplies for the Crossroads" isn't right either, you should get it together with the quest "Disrupt the Attacks" but you get it after you've done that and you only have to bring back 1 crate of supplies when it's supposed to be 3

Spotted the kronos shill

Even if he is a shill, he's probably right. All WoW private servers are shit, including Kronos.

None of them ever contribute back to mangos, so they've all got like 1 or 2 things that halfway work and the rest is broken.

agreed

why does no one push back into mangos?

why would they? so their competition can get a leg up?

it's a popularity contest

its so fucking dumb, they spend 2 years re-implementing shit 10 other groups have done. spinning up a new server after one gets c&d would be no trouble if those fucks clued up

This sadly. Everyone running servers are autists who want people sucking their e-dicks and giving "donations" rather than just wanting people to have a fun time playing the game.

Ehh imagine if those corecraft Germans suddenly open sourced their stuff today. Well who's got a population right now? Bet it's a bunch of faggoty shits that were just there first. Plus people have characters on that server, they won't move. Suddenly faggots reap the labor of autists

fun fact: nost didn't have to be taken down, even unpopular servers get C&Ds, the admins just move hosts

nost ruined it's community for a chance at paying jobs

corecraft would be done by now if they didnt have to do everything themselves

if everyone just properly sorted out the base systems and then left individual servers to just set up the particular rules, fuck that would be so much better

ye im glad those fucks got told to suck a fat one when they went to blizz

See that would be ideal if there was enough people playing these things. WoW is no fun with 50 random schmucks on your server, word of mouth about better scripting or gms or whatever doesn't do shit. You remember when it was nost vs Kronos and people were saying Kronos was better. Nobody moved until most died. If nost frenchies released their stuff before launch, feenix would have been the populated one

I'm not the one mentioning any other server

that would be smat, practical and nice, but we can't have nice things
if the people that sets up these private servers set aside their egos and took the jew cock out of their asses we, the people that likes to play old WoW, would maybe have a couple of servers to choose from and if one gets taken down a new one could easily and swiftly take its place

but they were wrong. Nost was shit, but Kronos was even worse.

Part of that was that Kronos was shit compared to Nost.

Also they could've still released their shit after they got shut down, like they had promised to.

but instead they went back on their promises and didn't release anything in hopes of sucking Blizzard's cock.

they had a weaksauce excuses of "lol can't release our custom anti-cheat"

They'd never eve make a new server now, would they?
So what's the point of withholding the code now?

because REASONS

Nost is now selling T shirts based of Blizzard's IP

to be fair in terms of WoW private servers we have default's which is shaping up and hopefully will be going public

for context, I submitted a ticket that just read "cyka blyvat"

they were never serious about that. Nostalrius was a scam where the developers tricked people into donating them money and were in turn tricked into thinking they'd get a job at Blizzard.

they got what they deserved.

any info on this default shit? what does he do that sets him apart from all the other servers?

wew lad

I hear he's a great coder, from him apparently Nost had him work on a few things and then blew him off and fucked his shit up.

I think his server will be a BC server, and that he was looking for beta testers, but I didn't take him up on his offer I prefer vanilla and I don't have a link to anything of his. Maybe he'll read this thread?

even if he's the SS4Gogeta of coding I think he should make a vanilla server first for the sake of groundwork and also I think it's more popular anyway. besides, having a BC server running would require you to essentially work out the kinks of vanilla anyway so you might as well give them something they can actually play while you work on the expansion content.

Is anyone else just kinda sad about how Warcraft ended up?

Tencent is gonna keep getting bigger and bigger shares while NuBlizzard makes mobile cell phone games

this almost hurts like Rare, atleast theres no more childhood memories left for companies to rape

Goodbye Green Jesus

I think their fate was sealed when the South Park episode aired. you don't get normalfag attention like that without paying dearly.

we're thinking about holding off on TBC content and letting people play vanilla for a bit before doing the dark portal opens event which most TBC servers skip

Damn you didnt get the moment where he shitposted in dwarven?

afraid not. still funny tho, i really like how he just kind of starts to laugh desperately when he notices kasj on the horizon here.

exploration

Are there any good TBC servers?
I want to play a Paladin, but I don't want to be forced to heal in the end game.

default's server which is still in testing

whos default

So whats better for leveling/pve 1h + shield or 2h?

what class?

warrior

It was 2h in burning crusade, dunno about vanilla wow though.

generally speaking 2h is the better option because you can get a lucky crit and wipe out a third or so of your target's health on the first hit, but 1h/shield lets you interrupt casting and is probably the better option against enemies that attack fast.

you should carry around both to keep your skill up though.

also if you're prot spec it should go without saying to use a sword and board because shield slam will be your strongest move, but most people level in arms or fury which is where this advice is aimed at.

I played a tank for a bit in Nost and failed miserably, should I role a warrior and just git gud despite that meaning a lot of pissed off dungeon runs, or just roll something else?

huehuehue

what were you having trouble with?

Holding aggro, the party that was the worst would take it back away from me before the cooldown on taunt would finish. Also the priest would pull mobs and the hunter went afk for 20 minutes

If it had been a Burning Crusade you would have been able to just go Druid Tank and go muh hp while making your healsluts sweat. Dunno how viable that was in Vanilla. I really gotta stop answering

You're not the only one supposed to manage the aggro, it's the job of the others too. If your gear suck and they are playing with you as their tank they have to control themselves instead of going full dps like retards.

always mark your targets and try opening with a mocking blow on the first one you want to kill while smacking the others in kill order. rotate things like sunders and revenges on each target and you should be fine as long as the dps doesn't go full retard.

also I hope you aren't used thunderclap.

Spamming sunder armor seemed to work for me.
make sure to sunder targets besides the focused one or your healer will pull aggro

tanking is an ungrateful role to fill and can be very frustrating
in vanilla there used to be an often unspoke rule that you weren't allowed to deal damage for the first 5-10 seconds of every pull
of course if the damage dealers aren't targeting your main target you'll lose aggro on that target, whether that is your fault or the damage dealers fault depends on what type of npc it is, healers, spellcasters and melee damage dealers are the priority targets in that order
demoralizing shout and battle shout also builds a little bit of threat in vanilla and can sometimes be enough to hold shit glued to you when you're short on rage

the thing to know about battle shout and demo shout is that the former is better against a single target when all your groupmates are nearby while the latter is better against large groups of enemies.

it's because battle shout's threat is based on how much attack power it gives, so if you give +100 to all 5 potential targets that's 500 threat right there split between anything you're in combat with, while demo shout is just threat equal to the amount of lowered attack power.

demo shout in particular is practically necessary in MC for the imps.

that's not the same guy you're thinking of, Default was just a dude in our guild who was a tnak, you're thinking of the dude who claimed to work with nost and left

For context, you're an illiterate meme-spouting mongrel in not one but two languages.

And your next line will either be futa =/= gay or something, something feminine dick, right?
Had some fun with infinity but more often then not you motherfuckers made /vg/ seem reasonable and cancer free. The fact how most faggots treated it as a leveling guild didn't help any, either.

how often do u run into people in this server? thats my favourite part of the game but if theres only 1000 people seems like it wont happen that much?

You're literally crying about nothing if you hate fun so much go back to /vg/ and play with the furfags

once in a great while, there are already 60s raiding

user, there's a state of having fun and then there's one of being a moron. And I don't suppose you'd be trying this hard if you're having fun.

Anyway see you faggots come corecraft :^)

don't tell me you actually enjoy raiding.

anyone know how populated kronos 2 is btw?

2-3x Ely pop

All you do is to state how much "fun" you have while looking like a complete try-hard who is starving for attention, which is quite emberassing.
Nobody likes you, a shame that rule isn't enforced anymore. But hey, surely I am just a triggered normalfag, amirite?

who were you on /nost/? Post pics for proof if possible so I know if you're a cool guy who has a point or just a fun hating fag.

also just wanted to throw out that Rtas is a shit hunter who afks in raids with auto-attack macros and is outdamaged by priests.

who were you?

It's Gaijintsu.

Is kronos still a broken piece of shit?

i dont recognize you so you probably joined really late. I quit when I finished my pvp grind since our guild never did anything and all the raiding guilds were complete cancer.

Is that you Trollop? You still angry about huntards being "bad" in PvP?

hunters weren't bad per se, they were just incredibly broken/bugged on Nost (nered pet damage/attack speed, aspect of the cheetah got dazed from dots, etc) and all the proper Alliance teams ran 4+ Paladins, effectively countering them.

Hope ya'll have been keeping up on the class balance shitstorm

Ion pretty much just said "We don't give a fuck about how dps is"

Warlocks arn't even allowed into raids/mythics

Legion is gonna kill WoW lads, fucking w-e-w

it's a meme, he's not serious

Ganjitsu was the first sperg to leave Infinity because memes, and even after he left he'd just shit up chat channels about how bad the guild was

Hunters on nost also had bugged auto attack that didn't calculate damage based off the ranged attack stat, but the melee attack stat, also as a hunter I was able to train weapon skills with the polearm from start by using my xbow due to this

feels good to not have any context or frame of reference for this. been clean for 9 years now.

I'm glad I stopped at the start of WOTLK.

this sounds like a mess.

Pets also had this bug where they couldn't be targeted by spells, only auto-attacks could hit them, so you could send your pet in with eyes of the beast from the other zone and kill mages because all they could do is wand, and if they were about to kill your pet you could just stop using eyes of the beast and have your pet disappear.

It was a big problem for mages in AoE grinding spots, and no doubt helped them in PvP when mages would try to sheep the hunter and kill the pet.

the BM spec that increased the duration of eyes of the beast was bugged too, forcing the user to DC when they exited out the ability or the timer ran out

there was also the bug with mounted pet combat

I had my pet sheeped often enough, so this must have been a selective bug.

Who the hell is this guy?

Warlocks just can't catch a break. I played one from vanilla to cata, how bad they were in cata is what made me finally quit.
I feel pretty bad for all the warlock mains who stuck with the game.

Were you there for the beginning of BC? They were literal gods, fear would NEVER break.

They also had it real easy in pvp.

Yeah, but that was a really long time ago, they haven't had time in the spotlight since.

Two questions: Is the server vanilla? Have you niggers stopped switching servers every few weeks?

didn't mean to reply

We have a decent build-up on elysium. Can't say for certain how long we'll hang around.

Bump!

Needs more gif watermarks

Where the fuck is everybody?

I took a break after Nostralius but I don't see any of you spergs online.

I'm lonely.

When are we going to sacrifice 15 good boy points for Awakening so we can gank and loot people?

Where are you?

SW, just dinged 12. I haven't seen more than one Dorf Fort person on since I started.

That's because dorf fort is pretty much dead. The horde-side guild is were shit is happening

dorf fort is ded

hat's because dorf fort is pretty much dead. The dorf-only meme and autsistic-levels of purism basicalyl killed the viability of the guild, especially for players who wanted to play mages, locks, ect. The horde-side guild is were shit is happening now though.

are many people still playing?

Not as many as on Nost, but enough.
I think the server has grown a bit. The guild too.

Nost had way too many people. Thats why the server went to shit.

nice trips, it had perfect amount (6-8k) before the gooks turned up

so mad at those french jews for selling out the server to try and scrape some jobs from blizz

That makes no sense.
I played it and I remember levelling in the Barrens quite well, but I wouldn't describe Nost and its huge population as anything but fantastic.
Except for the bots and the chinks. Fuck them.

Basically gooks ruined it like they ruin everything

There's about 6 or 7 of us that are active, but we all live on different parts of the planet so we never seem to be on at the same time.

I remember Nost Barrens
you absolutely had to team up with people to be able to do any of the "kill x amount" quests, good times

ye best part, actually playing the game with other people

it was designed to be played that way originally, and I guess it still is even though most people seem to play it as a singlepleyer game
although I haven't played retail since Cataclysm so I can't realy say anything about the current playerbase

Nice song boy.

well fuck.

Like I said, I played horde on Nost, so I was happy we were going Alliance this time around.

Sad to hear it's dead. I'm liking the population situation over Nost (which felt like an Indian train ride) coupled with playing Alliance for a change so I think I'm staying…

My name is Tvvatdiddler and I'm a dorf hunter, if anyone wants to just play around or chat I'll be around…

or corpse camp me I guess

Or you could join the horde-side guild and share the bantz with a bunch of other fags.

I'm just so sick of horde user.

I haven't played on Alliance since 2006 ~ and miss it. Stomping around with you boys is fun but going through Barrens and Hillsbrad Foothillls for the 100th time is cancer.

Look i like vanilla to an extent too but doing this same ritual every year is madness.

So what classes was Infinity low on right now?

raiding is for queers, seriously. that you find it to be the goal of this game says a lot about you and how you're the type of person who ruined MMOs.

Play what you want.m The likelihood that infinity reaches the stage to raid, is practically nonexistent

Is this vanilla? Any of you guys play on some other servers with expansions?

I kind of feel like returning to WoW. But I already played vanilla, BC and WoTLK for literally thousands of hours. I'd like to play on a Cata or maybe even MoP(have no idea how this expansion is except for the pandas, didn't read anything about it)

I'm also kind of werewolf fetishist so Worgens alone would be a good enough reason for me to play. Just why the fuck didn't they add them from the start

enjoy buggy servers son, because there is no modern expansion PS that actually works even close to 90%

The biggest issue with Cata/MoP private servers, is they they usually have really bad population issues, coupled with typically very poor scripting. There just isn't much interest for those types of servers yet.

I honestly wanna play cata again too, to get the chance to progress through the other raids besides Heroic Dragon Soul.

I've been seeing you guys around on horde. Is there anyone in particular I should hit up for an invite? Been years since I played wow, and I'm little lost as far as guild stuff goes

think we cover it in the OP

and no we don't

No contact info there. I guess I'll just message someone in the guild lol

try

/who -g "Infinity"

Whisper either Burninmon or Sushicow

Thanks

I think the only active person that can invite to Dorf Fort is Kasj. Add him to your friend's list and shoot him a message if you see him on. One of you Horde fuggers that has high rank in Dorf Fort should promote us active people so that we can invite Holla Forums people.

what mods/client are you guys using?

I tried auctioneer and atlas via Curse and it didn't work.

get mods for 1.12 specifically

bump

you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think cata or mop will scratch that itch.

There are no private servers. All "rogue" servers are operated by Blizzard to lure leavers back into a subscription. Ofc they are deliberately broken to punish all those freeloaders.

No thanks, there's only so many times one can level a character to 60 on a buggy 1x rate server without becoming the south park caricature.

Good luck to the pissjug sockshitters though.

well the basic 'core' for most servers, like CMaNGOS does get constant fixes and updates to it's github

I don't think anyone here legitimately poopsocks

In any case more focus and attention is going towards defautl server since it's getting ready for PTR testing

Bump

Cheers, that worked. Completely flew over my head.

I can't find NPCscan for Vanilla tho, anyone know if there is a 1.12.1. version available?

go to the old nost board (linked in the OP) and look there for addons