Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue TGS 2016 trailer

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue TGS 2016 trailer

Judging by the footage in this trailer there might be a level where you have to play as Mickey in order to rescue Aqua.

I wonder if he'll control like he did in 2, then, if he's playable.

The amount of Aqua in this trailer pleases me.

WHEN JEWS WALK AWAY

where are all the Final Fantasy and Disney characters?

This fucking series isn't going to end until Nomura is dead, and he doesn't age.

i wonder if that game will have reaction commands

those sucked

He'll probably bullshit death itself with the same shit he's pulling with the sequels of his franchise.

this is just going to turn into a fucking Final Fantasy spin-off at this rate
Aqua is an okay character to focus on, the problem is it'll also focus on her relationship with the other two, gullible Dipshit Mgee and Teen Angst: The Character
I'm surprised Nomura isn't too embarrassed to show Mickey in his big boy, grown up, anime drama at this point

I only played the first and second one. All I know is this chick is from the psp game. Do I have to play all these fucking KH games to get the story or do they just act as side material to 1+2+3

I, without a doubt suspect that the worst part of this is going to be the side story with those masked faggots.

Best bet on the Xehanort vessels (if they are them) is that they're the cunts who made lord DERKNESH's keyblade or are possibly trainers or some shit.

Does this contain the first one? I've been debating playing through them again.

That's from the japan only browser MMO. The video is just a summary of the "plot."

id rather the entire series be OC, but the not pic related kind of OC

first one was fun 2nd one had a shit story but had good gameplay

The only KH I played was the second, and I think I rented it for a weekend and that was fucking years ago. I think it was okay and that I liked what I played, but I can't help but think that the series is a fucking otaku money grab now.

isn't that just a Final Fantasy game with decent combat?
I want the series to actually start acknowledging the disney shit as more than palette cleanser filler for the angsty moments

One user made a primer infograph that summarizes the plots of the games, though alternatively you can play the handheld games (birth by sleep, 358/2 days, re;coded, chain of memories) to make sense of it as some things happen in there that will most likely be pertinent to KH3.

The story is campy fun, and the spinoffs with spell panels play well.

You're thinking of the 1st game where magic mattered, abilities were abilities and not 1 time use gimmicks because each level in the game took into account there need for use, and donal and goofy actually did damage and held their own.

at this point i don't care if its bad

actually I'm gonna elaborate on that some

considering KH1 and 2 after having beaten them recently on normal, I think these parts are good

however these parts I don't like
>KH1 gummi shipsnot actually bad, just really mediocre and pales in comparison to that from 2
>sunlight storm gummi ship level in KH2how disssapointing that was

I didn't use magic though, but I assume that the mechanics of the spells themselves aside from the MP costs were better in 2 than they were in 1

also the final enemy at the end of assault of dreadnought's third mission in KH2 either had a ton of HP or you couldn't kill it by firing from the center of its location with spread weapons
I had a ship that had every cockpit and just about every neon orb and neon bar that I had, and a blizzaga and some blizzaras and a fira; it hit amazingly hard and moved by dodge rolling

I couldn't kill that rare enemy at the end, it probably has like a million hp or something

You realize the magic system in the first game was so bad that once you depleted all your MP you were fucked, right?

You unironically like kingdom hearts?

gummi ships are shit, they serve as a very poor game-extender that has nothing to do with the main game.

the gummi ships are like their own separate game incorporated into the main game, you can try to get all the best upgrades and max rank every stage but whats the point? the rewards are entirely gummi ship related (as in, there is no crafting items or keys you can get from gummi ship missions) and as far as rail shooters go, there are far better games out there

thats why you get as many MP rage and MP hastes or whatever as you can if you pick magic
even then you still get as many MP-gaining abilities as you can because you're going to get hurt and you're going to want to heal yourself

otherwise literally the only spell you use in KH1(after you get it) is cure/cura/curaga, and you never use MP-costing melee attacks that are equipped abilities

mana is only for healing

its got real nice aesthetic feels and in some cases music to it though, outside of sunlight storm

Except with all the MP haste/rage/whatever you could easily get back at least 1 MP almost immediately. Its actually just as good to stay low since it charges so quickly.

also, heres something else ill mention

remember ursula phase 1 from KH1?

that fight lasted for easily over 10 minutes, and you had to spare some mp to attack the cauldron so you could actually harm ursula

you also had the fight the eels, who would never go down for good; they were also there so you could always wail on them to get mp by hitting them

ursula phase 1 is a long fight on purpose; if you can't fight for long period of time without going down, you're not gonna survive that fight

you don't even need to pick the shield to win that fight, at least on normal

ursula phase 2 though, is different, and in my opinion alot harder, and is significantly hard on normal since I barely even grinded in that playthrough aside from often killing whatever enemies I found in zones
I think i started end of the world before level 50 and didnt even bother with hades cup or ultima weaponand had more trouble with maleficent phase 2 and some with chernobog

Huh????????????

oh yeah, and don't forget MP gift that goofy got

that thing was amazing, it should literally be his only equipped ability that costs MP after you get it

____________________LOL___________________

That's exactly what I did and I gave Donald only Cure. I was spamming gravity with full health the whole game and nothing stood in my way.

im sorry, what?

KH's Sephiroth fight was this in spades
he was tough sure, but the biggest challenge was he had a shitton of health that you had to meekly chip at every few seconds
skip to KH2 and the fucker is just comboing you into next Tuesday while you take out entire health bars with every 4 moves
both were challenging in different ways, but the former was more memorable, despite not having some shitty plot stapled to it

Anyone still have those webms where some user fucked with the game and had Sora's model folding in on itself?
i think there were 3 of them. I sadly lost them over time

Why the fuck did I buy 2.5 HD, I knew they were going to do this and I bought it anyway.

that ship has already sailed. i beat all of the game excluding DDD and the ipad one. shit lost me when time travel started to happen

I want that new simple and clean remix.

whats funny is that ive heard so many remixes of that fucking song when listening to that one i was like I've heard better

YOU WON'T HEAR ME SAY
PLEASE OH GOLDBERG DON'T GO!

Quick! someone use scan to discover the release date!

I would hope that 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 should cover everything before 3. Otherwise, I guess we just have to enjoy the gameplay because that is a god damn mess.

I honestly can't wait to see how confused people who only played 1 and 2 wind up. I mean, people were already a little lost when they skipped CoM

Are KH games named by a literal autist?

Short answer:
Probably.
Long answer:
Definitely

Just as confused people were when playing KH 2 for the first time with out playing chain of memories.

i remember stopping the game and explaining chain of memories to my brother at the time. because chain of memories was Just a GBA game at the time. im like "that guy is in a tube because he lost is memories when he went to a place and they are being restored at the moment. " dude just gave me a dear in the head lights look.

whats funny is that now i like "re chain of memorizes more than KH2 "

III WHEN

It seems like this series has more remixes, remasters, remakes, and compilations than it does original games.

By autists for autists with shit taste, yeah.

I'm here for you

How many people like these games?
I got bored in the first one midway through Jabu Jabu's belly and never bothered to return. I'm not sure I'm autistic enough to go through the series now.

Also should I do ground zeroes and X when they come out?

That's a shitty graph.

Is it even worth it to try to get into this franchise anymore?

I just wanna travel to Disney levels and beat the shit out of niggers with Donald and Goofy, is that so much to ask for?

First of all, I don't know why people are upset with the HD remakes coming before 3. In Dream Drop Distance the secret post-ending message was "We're making HD remakes then doing 3"
Second, magic in KH2 is crucial and matters a fucking lot if you want to play efficiently and not get 1HKO'd to the end-game Superbosses (as well as some bosses and even regular enemies) because all you know how to do is mash X. However, summons are fucking useless in 2, and it's a good reason why they haven't returned.

Yes.

I wish they'd bring trinities back, though.

I got those two HD rereleases on the PS3 and I have no idea if it would be redundant to buy 2.8.

If you want to be prepared for KH3 get 2.8 or pirate DDD, because they both throw a huge wrench in the story for 3.

It really should have stayed a cute little one off novelty crossover coming of age adventure game.

im fuckin excite for fragmentary passage

2.8 doesn't actually include 2. It's also the first of the point compilations to actually feature something new, instead of just being a set of remakes and remasters with prettier graphics. It's a remake of the 3DS game, a sequel to BBS, and another movie; this time, a side-story to that shitty mobile game instead of just being remade cutscenes from other games.

That huge wall of greentexts had a post that explains KH better than anything else I've ever seen:
The series was already a tangled mess before they added time travel bullshit into the mix.