Why isn't Faust your main, user? Don't you trust the doctor?

Why isn't Faust your main, user? Don't you trust the doctor?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/7MyPW
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because I play Baiken.

I like him but he isn't Baiken.

Because venom is my main.

Get that filth out of here.

inb4 Xturd apologists

Because Dizzy is my main.

He's not my doctor

T-thanks doc…

Venom and Jam all day erry day

I always hate gimmicky "freak" characters in fighting games, obviously put there for variety and hipsters.
Fuck this shit.
Screaming hotblooded antiheroes all day every day.

But with Faust things can be going your way.

A stencil is way more useful than a snooker cue

Dr. Piccolo! I need a second opinion on >>10697298's diagnosis. I think he might be suffering from dose withdrawal. What do you recommend?

Nice taste, user.

He is my main
Xrd is shit

Don't get upset just because someone who knows how to play the oddball wrecks your shit, ok? Try to be happy that you experienced such a rare moment instead.

I only played that game once in a japanese arcade where your opponents cabinet is opposite yours so you dont see them at all.

I picked faust and started trying out every fighting game special move motion I knew and then I discovered the teleport move where he opens the door on them. I was instantly in love with that move. The japanese kid raped me though.

Is that the guy who spams spheres? That was the guy I lost to. What a shit.

They're BALLS.
He handles balls and a long, hard shaft all day.

I will never get over how perfect this setup is

He does kinda spam spheres though.

Woah he even has the stick. I never noticed.

Except thats not a snooker but a pool quoe.

i like milf dizzy more i'm sorry

thanks mom

But why play as MILF Dizzy when you can inject her instead?

Because I'd rather snap your gangly ass in half.
Actually I probably won't, fuck this MU

Because I am no Top tier whore.

Since when?
I know a Faust player won Celtic Throwdown but is he really top tier now? How much have things changed since the last patch?

she not a babby why she has a pacifier

But Faust is my main user?

Tho i enjoy playing sol because dragon install music override

lewd cosplay

holy shit kill yourself

I bet you play humans in RPGs too

What's the best theme and why is it this?

Xturd shitters are not allowed an opinion.

Not top top tier but top players consistently rank him as S or A+ and he's never really budged from that spot throughout Xrd's balance changes.

Because this is the best Xrd theme. Character themes in Xrd have been pretty meh overall

You're even worse than the kind of tryhard faggots that suck 3S' cock like it's the second coming of christ and disregard everything else as inferior. You probably share the characteristic of sucking dicks at the game you so vehemently dickride because you never even played it that much. You wouldn't be acting like such a posing cockgobbler otherwise.

t. triggered Xturd shitter

I don't even play fighting games, I just listen to the music and watch tournaments and shit.
Why is Xrd hated? It seems like a fun game from what I've seen.

It's not hated at all. The biggest gripes people have with it is YRC and Danger Time. I don't mind the former and the latter rarely happens and doesn't really affect the game. Everytime I've dealt with people like they're either capcucks that are pissy something other than SFV is getting attention, or #R/AC+R tryharding dickriders that can't even play their game well. Pay them no mind.

Casualisation, retconning, just flat out ignoring the established story, no characters, sonic-tier NEW FRIENDS instead of reintroducing characters that are missing, continuing to shit out valentines, characters appearance range from slight downgrades to horrible redesigns that look like shit with few exceptions, etc. Why go into detail when people who don't even play are going to ask the same stupid shit every thread?

Imagine being as triggered as this guy.

I fucking love this song

Let's look at good GG character themes from outside of Xrd, then. I'll start with the best one

So instead of listing what you think is wrong mechanics wise you just brush off everything as "casualisation" and instead rant about how you don't like the story aspects as if anyone who plays the game for, y'know, the gameplay actually gives a shit about your opinion. At least try appearing like you actually played the game beyond a casual level. If all you're gonna do is namecalling at least try to come up with something a little more original than triggered for the third time.

.t man still triggered about his game being total shit

These two are probably my favorites character theme-wise. GG has a history of godlike VS themes so my absolute favorites lie there though.

(checked)
Dude, he's just baiting. Leave him alone and he'll go do something fun like play Accent Core if he ever played it in the first place

Do you even know what baiting means? How can pointing out that someone is triggered ever be considered bait.

You give these people too much credit. Anyway, onwards to best VS theme.

Never really put much time into Guilty Gears games, that's why. Always preferred SNK fighters over Capcom and Arc System Works stuff.

Because I can't into 2D fighters, I can only play 3D fighters.

I can't get into 3D fighters because most of them handle combo attacks hideously. I don't mean the attacker going from motion to motion, I mean how the target model looks when they're constantly juggled; you're basically punching their toes and feet constantly and it's just too jarring for me to enjoy.

Well now's the time to change that. Pick it up and hop on in with the rest of us.
The doctor will see you now.

I would, but KoF XIV and Under Night In-Birth is taking up most of my fighting game time. That and I gotta start practicing Samurai Shodown again to get ready.

Maybe I'll get into it next time the PC version goes on sale.

Is that any good? I saw two people playing it at the last tournament I went to. Sell me on it.

Noice.

maybe once Revelator releases on PC. A winter release is all but officially confirmed at this point.

It's made by French Bread, the people behind Melty Blood. Think of it as a more grounded anime fighter, there's airdashes and such but they're a lot less effective and used sparingly. A lot of walking around playing footsies, except on coke because goddamn most characters have some long ass fucking limbs. I personally don't enjoy it all that much because the roster is small, I can't find a character I like and the game is painfully chuunibyou. That's just a personal thing though. Overall, people really like it.

It looks like it's bullshit but it's actually pretty fair. The music is okay for anime games, but the characters are play very differently and it's easy to get into. Playing Akatsuki is suffering, though. No range unlike everyone else. It's also fun and French Bread is okay. Shame Raito was being dickish about his music though.

It's got some minor balance problems and the community is really small, but the character verity (play style not roster size) and combo options make up for it. Also the OST and animations are bretty good.

If you're looking for a new anime fighter to play and got friends willing to jump in with you, pick it up when it's on sale. If not, just skip it. It's a good side game to keep things fresh while waiting for the bigger titles to come out.

Until we get [st] and he's S-tier.

Shit, I gotta look up some footage now. I really liked playing as him since he's basically the exact same as he was from his own game, but his parries being tied to the GRD was bullshit. Otherwise I'd learn to parry aggressively. I hope they changed that in [st].

archive.is/7MyPW

It's a little old, because Mika isn't on it, but you should see how large the tier shakeup is.

I'm still pissed that they just didn't use [st] for the steam version. That's been the most painfully obvious jewish thing Arc System has done in recent years

[st] isn't even done, they've got more characters to add still, but yeah, I wish we'd gotten [st] in some form or another.

What the fuck happened
French Bread why
Give us [st] already, fuck

I thought they released an [st] build in arcades July last year?

This happened.

Those are tests for each new character or balance, I thought. Not really done, per se.

I guess that's okay? What is the TS gauge? Super meter? I can't see a lot of changes that make Akatsuki better, other than more GRD means more parries and he gets i-frames quicker in his EX tatsu.

3D fighters are all shite. I directly blame Mortal Kombat.
Also Robo-Ky is going to be shit in the new games since they decided to no longer let him be an asshole.

So I want to get into Guilty Gear. What's the best GG game to get into for someone who's hardly played any anime fighters? unless skullgirls counts.

If you're on PC, Xrd Sign is honestly a good starting point since it has a lot of good challenges and tutorials to clue your head in on how to play, but you can always fall back on the arcade and story if you want to just play. XX and Accent Core are also very good options. If you're on PS4 then just snag Revelator and catch up with the meta.
Barely, sorry. That game takes after Marvel 2 more than anime. But you can enjoy far more refined ladies like Millia Rage

Y'see, when I watch the neutral game and footwork, I feel the tension and complexity that working in the third dimension gives. Seeing Tekken 7 at Evo felt exciting when I considered just those parts; it's everything that happens after the first hit that I just can't stand.
Why?

Only 3D fighter I can tolerate is Soul Calibur. Being weapon based makes for great variety.

It's not hated, but nobody likes it as a revival of GG because it's overall more like BlazBlue.
If you ask me, everything that makes GGXrd a bad GG game would have made a great BB game, but that's just my opinion.

Oh shit, I forgot since it's been so long.
That game is fucking ace!

I mean the new one, fuck sorry, god damn industry with their fucking naming scheme.
Have you ever played any of the new 3D MK's? They have a ton of laziness and sins you see most newer 3D fighters call back to.

I'm still confused. Mortal Kombat X is the newest one and that's a 2D fighter

Who do you main folks?

how about that "meme faced" cat or snake loli thing? yeah, thats my main

I "main" H-Miyako. I don't invest much time into Melty because of Rev, but yeah, she's fun and reminds me Jam and Slayer (her C is like his 6P and all that counter-hit conversion stuff).

Hyde.

Good ol fashioned Ciel. Swords for days.

… so nobody but me likes Jam Kuradoberi?

F-Miyako.

H-Ciel.
I really wanted to play Satsuki, since I played her in Final Tuned, but I can't dunk people properly because my execution on stick is shit.
I need a Hitbox or something, since I'm used to play fighting games with a keyboard.

She's a gold digger who, despite being a powerful fighter (and very attractive), can't even keep a restaurant open let alone standing (and has worse matchups than slayer).

But Sol is fun

UNIEL is made by the guys who made Melty Blood, and it plays at a pace similar to KoF where offense is difficult but possible to react to and frame traps everywhere. The GRD system is all new, and it's basically tug of war in the midst of fighting each other to try and win Vorpal state. Vorpal state gives you a 10% damage boost while you have it, but more importantly lets you consume it to perform a time stopping roman cancel. You can use it to extend combos, make unsafe moves safe, or even just freeze time to see if your opponent pressed a button so you can blow them up with a super. In a similar vein to GG, the system gives you enough defensive options to keep you more active than just holding back and waiting. Overall, the game moves at a fast pace, the sprite work is pretty good, music's okay to great, characters and plot seem as though they're intentionally bad, and despite the small cast a fair amount of playstyles are covered. A large number of characters have fuckhuge hitboxes so you want to stay on the ground and looking out for big swings. Also, with the sole exception of Akatsuki, everyone's movelists are fairly large and offer a large variety with just three and a half buttons. The standard shoto character isn't quite Sol Badguy tier of having every possible motion used, but he's got a lot of command normals and his specials have rekka style followups that give him a lot of utility. Speaking of motions, the hardest motion in the game is either a 360 or a half circle forward. If you've got casual scrub friends, this game is great for them. They don't hit you with a tutorial that explains all of the mechanics of the game or drills you in combos, you have to go figure that shit out, but it's really easy to do so. They make the discovery phase of the game easy and fun and the road to mastery difficult but fun.

If you're a real man you'll play Akatsuki and 3rd Strike people to death. Parry lasers and grim reapers and anime incarnate to punch people with your Super Electric Nazi fists.

I assume the pdf cut off the next page, but from what I recall, he got a slew of quality of life changes. First off, they made him hit harder. The motherfucker that rivaled the top tiers for damage gets to hit harder. Second, they made his parry cost no GRD on success. If you whiff you give up GRD, though. Third, they gave him a Vorpal trait. It's not easy to notice except for Carmine, but most characters got a small buff specific to them while in Vorpal. For Carmine, all his blood attacks cost half the usual HP cost. Akatsuki's new Vorpal state makes both versions of his fireball recover faster so he has an easier time forcing enemies to play the shoto game. Fourth, he got a new close range B that is +0 and is useful for everything from anti-air to big combo damage to pressure.

Jam was my girl back in the #Reload days. Nowadays I play Sol because I met a guy who gets triggered by anything and everything Sol does. It's great.

But I do.

What match-ups? With right cards management she doesn't really have problem.

U wot m8? Arakune is Zato-1 tier, i.e. cool as shit. If I was to name faust equivalent in BB… I dunno, there isn't one. BB characters while less imaginative than GG ones, are also much less gimmicky in their designs.

Little special snowflake hipster sounds a bit frustrated.
Humans and robots are the best races.
Shotoclones is the best gameplay archetype.

Now this faggot is epitome of cheap, gimmicky, annoying piece of shit, that also looks cool. I don't mind losing to Axls, and probably would play him myself he wasn't so mach of a rage bait.

Fifth, his B tatsu got crazy buffs, gets a meterless combo in the corner and is overall a much more oppressive tool. Sixth, his overhead is now safe on block. Seventh, 2A is a low. Eighth, he can end combos in air throw for easy side switches near the corner and strong oki. He got a massive laundry list of buffs.

Didn't they also make his 6C chain shift OK on block? Now you can go for the biggest counter hit damage without worry as long as you have vorpal. Though that was sort of a bad habit of mine that might come back, because I was always fishing for a frame trap 6C at the end of blockstrings, and it got me blown up hard.

Yeah, that's true too.

I want to fuck that doctor

saved, nice

Jam is my secondary since she is a babe and is fun to play. Parrying and fly kicks are just too good.

But riding dolphins will always be the most fun.