Too many games either make me feel like a brawler or an exploiter of weak AI scripts...

Too many games either make me feel like a brawler or an exploiter of weak AI scripts. What games let me feel like a truly witty bastard when I'm doing things the smart way?

Dark Souls pvp
Armored Cores during PS2 era.

DS1 and 3 are full on JoJo pt2 simulators.

I find that the Deception games makes me feel like that.
It's sort like one big puzzle game where it requires certain things from each mission so you start thinking how to place your traps in a clever way to get the outcome that you want in the end.
It requires pretty good timing and long term planning plus positioning, it can get tricky.

What the hell did I just watch?

JA 1.13 to some extend. The AI is still dumb as shit but the sheer mass of enemies forces you to come up with well thought out tactics. Also infiltrating with only a handful of underequipped mercs is still an awesome feeling.

But I have the same problem. The moment I figure out the AI the game becomes boring.

roller coaster tycoon, dungeon defenders, hybrid sausage?

I couldn't really pull off the combos or bait the AI too well so it's just been collecting dust

Splinter Cell

Morrowind.

How ? There is nothing dangerous on the island. You can pull off cool stuff but its nowhere necessary.

I liked CoD: Ghosts AI personally. But it wasn't great.
Same goes for Dragon Age Origins.

The main problem is games aren't made with AI in mind anymore. It's all circlejerking on facebook about your sweet 360 no scope.

Command and Conquer was also a good one.

Rust.

It's not a perfect game but it's the best implementation of sandbox PvP to date. Sandbox = unique settings and "unbalanced" (aka unpredictable) battlefields, be it inside a cave or between two huge towers.

You can really outsmart people on a level that doesn't come close to any actual raw skill FPS.

Go watch Trausi, he's known for outwitting zerg clans and taking all their shit.

Deception is about setting up traps that force enemies to move in certain ways, so you can chain various traps together. In the first game, I think I used to use some sort of electrical trap that pulls enemies toward it, then a swinging hammer into a wall of spikes, as my go-to combo when complex shit wasn't an option.

EYE divine cybermancy on ghost mode requires you to not be retarded

human pinball

i don't entirely agree with him but i actually cant think of anything closer

i had enormous fun fucking with chameleon in derk 2

see

There's much more you can do than just that, you just have to be imaginative.

Is he alright?

He died to death

Final Fantasy XII had it's moments.
I remember calculating how to get to the Giant Crystal faster (before i discovered the crystal to teleport) and seeing as there were enemies on the way with about 11000 hp i would throw all my HP up shit gear on vaan, while also giving him the cursed shield (so he would keep loosing hp but he would actually stay alive because 95% block) and set the others to heal him only when below 100 hp.
So i would cast that spell to deal my lost hp as damage, and one shot everything that would normally take a minute of weapon swinging to die.