Earth Defense Force 4.1 EDF EDF!!!

EDF 5 SOON, PC VERSION NEVEREVER EDITION

Usefull links :
All songs :
youtube.com/watch?v=eH52BgHQ1iw
Weapons list :
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/
Enemy Health:
translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www50.atwiki.jp/edf_4/pages/5.html

Multiplayer Modifiers:
Multipliers:
Offline 1 or 2 players: 1x HP, 1x ATK
Online 2 players: 2.2x HP, 2.6x ATK
Online 3 players: 2.3x HP, 2.7x ATK
Online 1 or 4 players: 2.4x HP, 2.85x ATK

Other urls found in this thread:

humblebundle.com/store/earth-defense-force-41-the-shadow-of-new-despair
live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv274287247
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/
youtube.com/watch?v=lM08snwovlA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anyone up for a game? i'm making a Holla ForumsDF room, let's start with fortress siege on hard

Nigger check the fucking catalog

Not even the same thread

the game crashed just when I was dropping a balam fortress

It crashed for me too

Running some inferno bug king at VDF VDF

FUCKING HUMIES GET OUT GET OUT REEEEEEE

Cant wait to put him to rest

I'm making a new game, let's punch the fuck out of hectors

room name: kek

Hopefully this will help Holla Forums to stop worshiping kek.

Guess I have to grind armor now.

I meant 8.

Why are you advocating against the consumer?

epin

Got a room up for mission 62 on inferno now.
Called EDF!EDF! because I forgot to change my old name

Alright where are the fucking mods? The game's files got all extracted and blown wide open within hours of release, and the game itself is extremely simple technically. Making custom missions should be a cinch to anyone with a minimal grasp on the engine

is the genocide gun actually in the game now?

You can get it with CE, but not normally.

Is this worth a pirate?

No
it's worth a buy at full price

No thanks my man.

I'm not spending 46 yewros on a game that costs 20 ameribucks on ebay, user. The publisher is retarded for thinking to ask full price for a port of old software.
I started DLing it earlier, will buy it on sale if it's not shit.

What's with the DLC, are those weapons just unlocks for weapons you can normally get in game or actual new weapons? $100 for everything is ridiculous.

I don't know if this shit will let me post links, but right now EDF is on sale on the Humble Bundle. Just in time for me to get it.

humblebundle.com/store/earth-defense-force-41-the-shadow-of-new-despair

Green ants that are kicking my ass raw goddamn

They're new weapons, yeah. Some are unique, others are just recolors of higher leveled weapons.
The only fun one is Ifrit anyways, and a single level on hard mode invalidates them all since they're all under level 10.

Watch them complain about how all games are shit and that theres no good vidya or companies left

At the end of the day, who cares nigguh? EDF is a niche series anyways.
It already sold better on PC than it did on PS4

True enough, I guess some lurker or another user might find it.

Good point, I guess. I bought it just now, so hopefully some of the boys are still playing, at least

You can get it for cheaper on Kinguin. I'll just wait for a decent sale, though.

I heard they said they might be working on it, what makes you think it will be coming out soon?

The trailer showing the game?

Oh shit I should have been paying attention to the TGS

Why are people so bad at this game? Even faggots with 3000k+ armor and full lvl90 gear still can't take a fucking hint and stop shooting deroys in the water and stop aggroing the fucking dragons without warning

They still think damage trumps all.

Hell, Lv96 Demon Army kicked the ass of my crew on Normal. We had to carefully inch and crack those nests stage by stage. It took us three tries before we learned you cant just brute force trough everything.

Umihara Kawase died for our sins

It's only fault is it wasn't a memegame like Senran Kagura or Neptunia

Christcuck please go back to kissing Jamal's feet.

But Umihara Kawase didn't die, the publisher from the most recent games did. Sayonara was the publisher's best selling game and was one of the best selling games in the series.

The original creator of the series still holds the IP rights and Studio Saizensen still exists, that's why another publisher was able to pick it up so quickly.

Odds are they just farmed mission 81 over and over and thus never learnt shit about the other missions

So, is this the true form of the ravagers?

This megapepe is the first time an actually sentient enemy creature using a gun appears in the series, right?

Christcucks out

Anyone feels like playing right now?

you forgot online coop Wing Divers

still embarrassing seeing how poorly the game sold on pc

nice one

It sold poorly in every platform you nig nog

Its not dead, its publisher is and the devs own the IP and work for Degica.
Stop posting misinfo you fucking niggers

What if every ravager invasion so far was actually from different empires and they all just happened to buy Bug Co. brand bio weapons? Or they all have giant insect infestations which they for some reason cannot kill so they drop them all on Earth like some giant garbage dump?

Are the motorcycles slightly less impossible to control with a controller?

Only if you git gud.
The only controllable ones are the non-turbo variants

Triggers my autism and hardens my dick everytime

Anyone up for Golden Darkness?

g-guess not

VDF 15/09 online if anyone want to.

Holy fucking PTSD Batman.
I wasn't expecting to see my most hated enemy in an older game. I even got web-raped to death in the same way when I went for a pickup. God I hate these fucks.

JUST a hundred more missions until I am there.
J U S T

I FUCKING HATE YOU ALL
I'M THE ONLY INFERNO ROOM UP AT THE MOMENT WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU ALL EVEN GO TO

How's your gay room called faggot?

Homo-only room

oh you were the faggot with a room with MISSION 2, no fucking shit no one gave a shit to join

What did you mean by this?

Did you mean "at mission 2" perhaps? Or mission 2 a person or something?
My room's at 67

m8 you need to name the room VDF anyways to get nerds from here to join

M8 I didn't want anyone from here to join, my available time is a mess right now so I might have to stop playing at any minute

this game really needs an anti-cheat system for multiplayer at least

How hard do things even hit at higher difficulties?

don't know the exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure the regular jumpy spider can one-shot just about anyone on inferno

Oh damn. And they probably move as fast as ants do although I only tried hardest once and goddamn was it horrifying.

Nah they move at regular speed but shoot much MUCH faster so they can literally kill you the same second they spot you, and they move in packs

They do about 8k dmg at point blank(each).

wow this really died already

To be fair, it's been a month, and the DLCs suck and are jewish bullshit

Does anyone have a savegame of a fencer class?
I recently lost mine, (I got up to misson 20~ or so) and I honestly don't want to unlock the hueg weapons again.

How is it possible for anyone to be this retarded? DLC missions are all better than the base missions and that's 50 fucking new missions.

I'm going through them on each difficulty one-by-one, however I have enough armor to do the first few missions without immediately getting killed on inferno, so I'm good.

Oh yeah the missions are all worth every penny, absolute 10/10 DLC on that regard. But the weapons are horseshit, specially considering they are level 10 shit that gets outclassed by mission 2 on hard

Advice for Mission 11 with the insane amount of flying drones? Just seems like I don't have enough appropriate firepower as Ranger or Wing Diver, haven't played the other classes.

Ranger can make it a cinch with any sniper rifle and steady pulse, just stay away from the horde and use buildings as cover a lot.

Ranger has best anti air, either go with dual Lysanders swap between shots or rifle + non-cycle heal gun to heal yourself. Wing Diver has nice lances that oneshot close enough drones, for those that are further away use Idunn or something else but you probably wont have to bother with "range" on that mission. Use cover as both classes and grab 1 squad of NPCs, preferably with sniper rifles.

Not sure what you mean by steady pulse (unless you just mean good aim) but I got it done with a sniper rifle and managing to survive long enough for that missile thing the npcs drop in to kill the drones when I got overwhelmed at the end.

I think the Sniper Laser I have for Wing Diver would be pretty good, though between the lower health and having to manage her energy bar it'd be a lot harder than Ranger. I don't really see how you can ignore range since you get overwhelmed so easily if or when they get close to you.

You're making me want to fork over 40$ for the missions now

Aren't they $10 each?

Is Insect Armageddon worth the $20 buckarooneys for me and my friend?

Wait for a sale, the DLC weapons are pretty much needed. Jet and Heavy armors are the only decent classes as the Ranger and Tactical armors are beyond shit.

No, it's the next step in the evolution of giant incests!

True ravager is ayy lmao

How do we know that these are the true ravagers

Have you never heard of speculation?

It just doesn't make sense at all, the ravagers are space jews, they'd never go fight themselves instead of just sending a robot/bug/whatever instead

They're definitely higher class citizens than the frogs who get minimal armor.

So you do know what speculation is after all, huh.

True Ravager is the bugs.

These are obviously mercenaries you tards, notice how they aren't even from the same species

What if the greys are here to help humankind against the reptilians? Fifth class confirmed?

Nigger it was an obvious joke. Stop being retarded.

Thats the joke.

Truly, the pinnacle of comedy. All human progress and understanding has led up to this moment between two anonymous people on an online imageboard.

I'd like to take this moment to call for the eradication of all Jews and for the return of lesser peoples to their own countries.

God what a letdown

Indeed. I'll give you guys another knee-slapper while I'm on a roll. Seriously, I'm on a roll and am about to be eaten. Save me!
Why did the giant ant cross the road? To shotgun you from behind! HA HA HA HA!
I'm sorry.

I pirated it and it's really fun, but yeah holy fuck is it expensive. It's the price of a AAA game here in cancuckland.
I heard the pirated version had working online (with other pirated versions), but I couldn't get it to work (game crashes on launch with the multiplayer-enabled steam.dll). Anyone have any experience with this?

I use smart steam emu

Christ, even on that sale, it's almost 50 monopoly monies. Thanks, trudeau.

Fuck, the kikes got me good. Bit drunk and made awful decisions. Bought EDF, then noticed Grim Dawn was the monthly, payed for monthly, bought Dark Souls for friend, then realized I could've got 10% off on EDF if I did it in a different order. RIP wallet.

The new alien is called The Colonist. Judging by their name, I highly doubt they are mercenaries.

rip VDF you will be missed

these goddamn things are unkillable

Until a non-steam version of it is available, I will continue doing just that. Don't get me wrong, I feel that EDF is an exceptional and excellent game.

It's just an exceptional and excellent game that has made a tremendous mistake. As long as that error is uncorrected, the only thing the game deserves is failure.

you'll be glad to learn then that, in all likelihood, this game is already a stellar financial success with a mere sales 70k steam sales, since the budget used to make these is generally less than 5 figures

If you create a room, the people will not come

I'm about to say "Shills" at this point, its the same fucking push Dragon's Dogma got, and when I bought it turned out to be an extremely boring game

Haha yeah god forbid people have fun with a game in the current year

I dunno if you're agreeing with me or you're hyper defending this game

cancer personified right here

But that's wrong, user.
They're demanding that you pay full AAA price just for the DLC, because recolored enemies and painted lv1 guns are "worth it" and "DLC done right".

There is liking a game and then a game getting the Dragon's Dogma treatment

The threads show literally the exact same parallels:

-Its a port
-Price was slightly reduced for it
-Its hyped to hell and back
-Talking about events that make it seem common but are actually very rare
-Have a rabid Holla Forums presence
-Filled to the fucking brim with DLC when a port of a 3 year old game should have everything included already

This doesn't set off alarms for you? Does for me

Haha yeah man, it's totally just those shills they've hired to stay on a community with less than 5k users, even though the game itself is a budget title that sold less than 300k worldwide it's shills man, it's all fucking shills I'm telling you, no one could like a videogame in 2016.

Ok, even you can't be this dense, and marketers have openly admitted to filling up Holla Forums with posts REPEATEDLY

how is mission pack 2?

Yeah man, I'm sure that they spent a shitton on marketers on such a small userbase, even though they don't even have an advertising budget and the game took 5 figures to get made, haha

Holy shit, you are this dense

Seriously man, just look at the thread.
People are discussing the game, setting up rooms, just having fun. If you don't like the game, that's okay, but pleasure don't shit up the thread.

It's a flavour of the month you mongoloid. All flavour of the months are like this; mid/low budget, unpolished games with something specific that is unique and fun in them.
EYE, DD, EDF, STALKER, Corneroids (RIP), MGR, DaS1, Neotokyo (RIP), Tribes (RIP), Payday, Sanic racing transformed, Hotline Miami, etc.
They're all fairly simple games that have something super unique, and feel like a breath of fresh air (and let us get hyped up for something again, because none of us can ever get hyped for a real AAA release for obvious reasons).

Japs don't viral market outside of 2ch, it's westerners that do here. And the american divisions of the jap companies behind stuff like EDF are poor as shit and don't give a FUCK about us.

Also, to add: PC ports to well-liked console games that have already been out for a while and garnered a cult following are the perfect recipe for a flavour of the month hyped game on a board like this. A lot of us are primarily PCfags, but we end up hearing about neat games like this being on consoles, maybe playing it once or twice. Then it comes out on PC, and a lot of us rush to get it, feeling we're missing out on a new game. The people who already liked the game then notice renewed conversation/interest, and join the threads (or even rebuy it on PC), and then now that there's already a ton of people hyping it up in threads, a lot of random unrelated people start hopping on board. This is how a trend works, and it's incredibly hard to make an artificial trend on a site like this without FUCKLOADS of money.

Steamfags.

you have not played any of the DLC missions, I'll give you the weapons are a scam though

You can just pirate it, though

If this thread were primarily PC gamers, the region polls would have unanimously been for SSE.

If you want more SSE rooms, why not create one?

Don't change the subject.

What is even the subject here? All I see is some inane "steam sucks but I wont say why" fuckery

The reasons have been iterated to death. Steamfags are not PC gamers, and the other retard in this thread who thinks there are actual marketers promoting this game needs to kill himself.

Any and all marketing was groundwork to make dumb niggers think that digital games that use DRM and paid DLC can still be good and are acceptable purchases.

Oh it's one of THOSE retards

Now I can finally play the game.

Why do people make such a fuss about the limiters? Don't they know they are off by default on inferno?

The first 25 levels on inferno have weapon limit (starting at 77 increasing to no limit at level 26).

No one has been joining my easy/normal games for some reason, now I'm trying to 100% the game.

but then they would have to use weapons designed for that difficulty and mission, and sometimes be forced to try out some fringe weapons for maximum efficency

Even with level-appropriate weapons and armor, everything below hardest is easy as shit.
Even hardest gets really easy once you get the hang of inferno too.
There are many aspects that change between difficulties besides numbers you know

When do I get better hand cannons? They're by far the best and most fun fencer weapon. The autocannons are just shite to aim, shite damage, shite reload, missiles are ass without an air raider sacrificing a slot for you, and all the other artillery (except MAYBE the mortar) are just useless in 99% of situations.

WEW
Why arent you fags on the Overwatch general?
Too new to learn how to use a proxy?

How you guys do it I play this game almost four hours a day now I finally finished ONE playtrough D:

(Granted I mix it up on between all 4 classes doesnt change the fact Im still at total 26%)

you are playing the wrong class

Light mortar is actually an all around amazing weapon for him since it fires, recovers, reloads, and aims fast, has super long range, can clear out buildings, stun swarms of spiders (including kings), and does decent enough damage for general use. Pair it up with a galleon and you have an all-purpose ranged loadout.

It all depends on which difficulty are you trying to clear and how good your teammates are.

But the best one only does like, 3k damage.
It's not enough to kill even the black ants on mid-late inferno

There's your problem.

Setting up a VDF room, starting at 68 Inferno.
Name's VDF

3k is the heavy mortar, not light which only does 1600. I did say all-purpose, you know, not top-tier OP wombo-combo. You won't be dishing out big damage, but you are effective against every enemy type and bring a lot of utility and versatility with those weapons. So fucking what if it doesn't one-shot ants, not much else does for a fencer, and big numbers aren't everything. If you wanna one-shot ants then you bring a big cannon and deal with being a slow useless sack of shit while you use it.

Actually, most spears are fast as fuck and either one shot or two shot ants.
I've never tried the light mortars, but I might give them a try later, they seem good from what you're saying

I was talking about long range though. Spear and shield/javelin is your all-purpose short range option. Bringing both will allow you to fight everything across all ranges with a ton of utility compared to specializing, though it is still better to learn the missions and bring the right tools for the job. I'm just saying that if you are up against a large variety of enemies, fighting in an urban setting, or don't know what to expect on a new mission then galleon+mortar is a good choice to bring for your long range weapons.

I was using level 0-2 weapons, didn't have much unlocked. My favourite is still hand cannon (have the 3rd one now), but I don't like the gallic cannon or burst cannon very much because they're so goddamn slow, and don't really make up for that in DPS at all (meaning they're literally only useful against hectors). Maybe they get better, I dunno. Haven't tried arm hound though, it looked shitty, but if it's fun I might use it.
Got a jackhammer to finally replace the spear, and god this thing is fun. Flash spear also fun, but lower damage.

I'd use the mortar more often if the hand cannon wasn't so goddamn fun when dual-wielded. For groups, at this point, I just unload two hand cannons until they get close, then I boost into the middle and wreck face with the jackhammer, boosting regularly so I don't get bitten.

A big thing to get gud at Fencing is to master recoil compensation and leading your shots. Get that down and you'll be blasting shit with any weapon in no time.
Also always dual wield the big guns

Already pretty good at hitting shit on the move at long range with the hand cannon, just kind of shit with the gallic cannon since it has the lead up before the shot which trips me up (not used to leading delayed shots, used to disc launchers/spinfusors, rocket launchers, etc.). I'll be damned if fencer isn't fun as fuck, though.

Also, you really gotta try this: Galleon(any) + Hell Flame Flamethrower(Level 82 one).
Works wonders for underground stages, the galleon on your left lefts you control the flamethrowers recoil after the first few blasts

good runs m8

Just bought it on kinguin for 33 yewros instead of 46 after playing through a few levels on a pirated copy. Any tips for newfags?

Not really, just do a normal playthrough. You will most likely stick to your main class because of the weapon and armor drops anyway

Wanna do MP campaign on hard with me? I'm only an hour or two into non-pirated version, but I solocarried a couple hard mode online games of level 26 (fire ant beach invasion) so I have level 20-something weapons despite shite armor.

Are you ok with playing with my son?

Sure, I just wanna play gaem.
About to put a room up named "Fencer A Best", you can search by names. Just be fasd because apart from "invite only" there isn't a way to stop randoms filling slots.

I'm still installing, is gonna take a while. Should probably play for a bit before going MP though, I did pretty shit when I tried out hard mode on the pirated copy. Maybe tomorrow.

best tip: skip normal and play on hard from the getgo. you will get much better weapons that way and will gitgud a lot faster too

I got a lvl 42 Hand Cannon around level 15-20ish range and its really great, however it's not the best weapon. Its one of the better long-range weapon for taking dropships and Retiarius, but its not the end-all-be-all weapon.

Beat the game on hard and once you get to later levels go back to the earlier missions on hardest and inferno for better weapons.

Tried again, and I just keep dying at the final wave of mission 1. The ants swarm the tanks too quickly for me to fend them off, and once everyone's dead they just swarm me. Rinse and repeat.
A-Am I that scrubby?

what class?

Just play a few missions on normal then

Ranger. Same loadout you have when you first boot the game.

Just keep your distance then and spam rockets on the last wave of ants from as far away as possible, let the tanks be bait

Mission 1 is of the hardest missions for a while. Generally, if you're just starting out you want to beat mission 1 on normal and then grind 2 on progressively harder difficulties. Mission 2 is a lot easier, only 2 waves and the ants are usually too busy attacking civilians to bother you if you keep your distance.

any of the reputable grey market sites selling it on sale?

Humble Bundle Store has it for $35.

Why are javelin combos so damn fun on fencer. Fastest thing alive, in the thickest armor.
Anyone know of any really fun combos with javelin, other than the normal "no boost cooldown at all" and "makes one weapon fire as fast as two"? With any of the really slow weapons, can the javelin make them faster?

But those are SJW faggots and dont give me that shit about giving all the money to donations. They still shave off a certain amount of money even if you donate "100%"

Whelp I'm retarded, should've thought of experimenting with classes on my own.

Please don't ever give money to those faggots. Use kinguin or something, that's where I got it and it's even slightly cheaper.

Using greymarket possibly stolen keys isn't much better especially if you intend to support the dev.

I'm not talking about supporting devs, although those keys are just bought in cheaper areas, not gray market. But you shouldn't support Humble Bundle because they're indie clique pieces of shit, no other reason needed.

Why else would you buy?

Sometimes with stolen credit cards.

why are japs so shit at videogames?

Multiplayer? But I mostly meant that if I have a choice between supporting the dev and known sanfran cancer, or not supporting the dev but also not fueling what's causing the industry to die, I'd choose to not pay.

Anyone who's ever played Phantasy Star Online 2 can tell you that the average Japanese gamer is no longer the guy who beats Tetris on max difficulty and with the blocks set to be invisible. The average Japanese gamer is now the guy who only logs on to the game to spend real money on the costume lottery to get new clothes for his loli that has over 4K hours logged and is still level 4 because that's how much he does anything other than lobby dance.

How well did it sell on PC?

You're playing with faux-jap. probably a BR with proxy

No, those guys are legit japs.
Play online and you'll see

I played on console, japs are pretty chill

about 70k copies, which is roughly 3.5 million dollars which is 350 times the budget this game had

EDF5 stream, play by idol in maid outfit

live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv274287247

I dont know what's going on here

wow shitlord you want to kill sexy women with an incredibly large arsenal of cool sci fi guns reevaluate your self

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON. THEY BROUGHT THE EDF OUT ON STAGE

So have they shown the air raider and fencer? Are they confirmed and they just haven't done the new artwork? I don't want it to go back to just ranger and wing diver.

They had 4 people playing, and I'm pretty sure they were all on easy. Only 2 of them managed to get past the frogs. Even still, you can barely see what the new enemy looks like thanks to the shit stream quality.

I haven't seen them so far. I've literally only seen people play Ranger, too. Someone in the other thread (I think) said they were changing Fencer to be some kind of siege tank shit. I dunno if that's true or not, but I really hope it isn't.

It makes sense that they'd make some weapons that required the fencer to deploy stationary to use, and I hope that's what they meant, but fencer is my favorite class if they remove it entirely I'd be pretty disappointed.

I never realized Japs were so casual.

I'm hoping Air Raider with the gunship abilities from the Vita game.

Yeah, it's my favourite too. It seems silly to just remove all those weapons, and the vehicles from Air Raider too. Having said that, they did show some mechs that NPCs were using, so maybe there's still hope.

Yeah. I could be wrong, but one guy got hit by a frog at 24 hp and still survived it by quite a bit.

I think I cracked the code. If the user from earlier was telling the truth about the new Fencers having a siege mode where they can use 4 weapons at once, then what if these guys are the new Fencers? They even have the jet boosters.

Too huge to be Fencer armor, that seems like air raider power armor

Try using a spine driver or force ax as they come out much faster than spears, though do significantly less damage so you'll wanna dodge lots and be patient. Also only use light mortars as they don't root you for very long at all.

Come on D3, you spend all that money for booth babes but you cant spare a few dollars for EDF cosplay

I'm using a flash spear now, it's better. My best light mortar is like level 52 , it doesn't even oneshot the blue fliers but god help me if I try because one of them will kill me before I can move again.

Have you try jackhammer? best melee weapon in my opinion.

My best jackhammer is like level 12.

I'll find a Battle of the Gods grind server tomorrow and do that for a while, it's just frustrating to suddenly be dead weight.

Yeah, and it would seem out of place for one class to just be mechs rather than something at least the same size as infantry.

They're doing pvp now. Looks like Air Raider is confirmed at least. The blurry mess on the right is Wing Diver.

I know you're both probably right. It's just strange that they keep showing that exact same mech in all the trailers and everything, when I don't think we had officially seen anything about Air Raider until now

sometimes when I try to revive someone online, it doesn't work. why is this?

You can grind on mission 81 instead, it drops all weapons in the game for all classes except Air Raider(who needs to do some slightly higher level stages to get the rule of god)

You need your HP not to be in the red for it to work.

Creating a VDF, starting at 68 Inferno.

Ranger really seems gimped compared to Wing Diver, his weapons seem worse and health can't make up for the lack of firepower and mobility. Maybe I just don't have good weapons or am not using a good loadout.

I'd play with you but I've only been playing Hard.

Ranger is the strongest, just wait until you start getting Lysanders and Goliaths

I want /int/ to leave.

What?

Ranger is literally the best class.

Part of rangers strength is being able to move and shoot at the same time constantly. Learn to strafe bug shots properly. Constantly shoot hectors to put them off balance.
Also pick up those fucking npc squads. Number 1 priority for rangers should be recruiting npcs and keeping them healthy. Npcs will hitstun nearby bugs and are great at shooting down flying enemies. They also serve as a nice distraction when you decide to stand and shoot as they will spread out around you. If you're not playing ranger and someone else is, let them get the npc squads.
Proper loadout will help immensely. Don't bring a sniper rifle when there are only going to be bees. Avoid using explosives when bugs get close, especially on the higher difficulties. Not only can you kill your teammates/NPCs but you can very easily kill yourself.

Thats look like EDF 4.1, EDF5 UI looks slightly different in this

they played through 4.1 before during EDF5 streams

japan seems to love the versus mode for some reason

(✓)

To be honest, ranger is not the strongest by a long shot, but it's the most "to the point" class in the game. Pick up and play.
The ranger does have some good weapons, but every other class have something better, but probably harder to use.

This Ranger know how to save the Earth!

Another thing is that if you have heal gun or not you may kill your allies to get NPCs under their command and heal them after you revive them, just make sure allies agree to that kind of motivational NPC work.
Also Wing Divers might want Wing Diver NPCs for themselves as a mean of extra meatshield, even it WD can't heal them they move along with WD thus becoming more mobie than when supporting Ranger, they live the longest among any NPCs and that extra health barrier for WD might be more useful than a few extra pikmins for Ra.

Every class is strong in its own way.

Ranger is the most balance, Wing Diver have low DEF and more likely to get 1 hit kill, same with Air Raider.

What's the best way to kill deroys as wing diver on inferno. I can't get close enough to use the really strong weapons without getting lasered to death and high level sniper weapons suck ass.

Break the leg lasers from afar with the shitty sniper weapons, then close in and plasma ram them into dust

Fucksake this game needs anti-cheat systems really bad

user, just change rooms. Most people don't use cheats to be honest.
By the way, if you see a cheater on your room, DingDongBannu him.

That's easier said than done when there's barely 10 rooms up at any given time, and half of them are scrubs playing on normal

Dude, I've been playing this game every single day. You are lying, and I play from Brazil.
Sometimes it's harder to find Inferno rooms, but hardest, and hard are everywhere.
And you can always create one.

There are 3 inferno rooms up now, 1 is the faggot hacker room and the other are japs playing early ass shit

Well, play with them, you can always use more armor to be honest, and help some newbies can be fun sometimes.
I can't play at the moment because it's almost 35° Celsius and my PC would melt.

Do all weapons have the same drop rate as long as you are in the right level+difficulty? This goddamn Lysander Z just refuses to drop

Yeah you're right. Why the fuck would they do that.

I ended up picking this up for the PS4 and am having a blast with it. I know its not PC master race, but for 20 bucks vs buying NuDoom I figured I could have more fun dealing with kaiju tier monsters vs. twitchy rip and tear. Still only scrub tier weaponry but Im maining Valkyrie class

Do you mean the wing diver? Why not pirate the game for the pc though or cant your pc handle it? My main class is wing diver too, just feel too restricted after flying everywhere. Had no problem playing ranger in 2017 though

MY only thing is a taster of a laptop, and with the shit blowing up everywhere my computer would melt. I usually pirate the shit out of things, but this time felt like putting some money out, Its not often I buy a game but this shit seemed fun as fuck, and it is. Its worth paying for cuase when my brother visits I can have him co-op with me as well.

This is all I know about EDF.
Is it good?
Is it console exclusive?

Just pirate 4.1, it ramps up to starship troopers real fucking quick

You should pirate 4.1 for the PC to try it out.
Yes it's good.

Monster-S or a long range laser and a lot of patience.
Dool welding monster S kills deroys like they're nothing

Pirate on PC for a try, if you like it then buy. It's worth supporting in my opinion.

That's some real cancer goin on.

Man, I miss the little storytimes… 4.1 really needed a decent ending.

And yeah, its repetitive but fun.

Thanks, will do.

If you have even the slightest inclination to buy it later, dont spend too much time on the pirated. The save doesnt carry over.

No idea if that was supposed to be hard or not, probably are supposed to have a team backing you up making it easy, but I don't care.
I think that may have been the single most exciting fucking thing I've ever seen happen in a game without it being a prescripted cutscene.

If you thought that was a lot of flying drones, have fun on Mission 11.

BASED

Man, jap wrestling looks really fun

Putting a VDF up
Starting at Inferno 75

Jap wrestling IS some of the very best out there, but Asuka is a jap wrestler signed to WWE's smaller show NXT, which is in America.

ahem

Pepe and Kek, two of the most cancerous memes to ever crawl out of Holla Forums.
Is it a coincidence that Holla Forums has embraced them so?

Bailey is ugly as fuck. Alexa Bliss on the other hand is so hot it's painful.

My reaction can roughly be summarized by the image posted. This series is insane and I love it.

PATCH FOR THE MATCHING BUG WHEN

I have a question, what is the Titan tank supposed to be used for? compared to an epsilon railgun it's slower moving and firing, less accurate due to the weird projectile, doesn't seem that much more damaging, more expensive, and you get launched back 60 feet every time you fire the main gun

also, other than mission #14, which missions are good to grind armor/weapons?

The titan is kinda weird, it's a cross between railgun, naegling and those caravans with smooth-bore, but it's sub par at all these jobs.
For armor you'll want brute force on easyOr CE, seriously fuck grinding armor, waste of time and for weapons the missions 81 and 82 on Inferno are fairly easy and drop all weapons for all classes(except one air raider weapon)
Use this for reference:
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/
Change the language to english, and tick "show spawn mission"

She really doesn't hurt to look at though. She's definitely not as easy on the eyes as some of the others, but for fuck's sake, she's not hideous either.

bumb

You want to play some bby?

yes pls

Meet me at VDF
Oh, and you don't get to bring friends

GET IN YOU NOGS

Never gets old

Why is this so fun.

Well done user, you finally learned to enjoy videogames

is there a room up?

if I made one would people come?

There's a VDF up

I'm not seeing it

it's full
We are doing City Flaws inferno if you want to come suffer after someone else quits

this is gonna sound super gay, but do you guys have a discord or something?

Yep super gay

Get out of here faggot

cool cool, let us know

Anyone else have a problem with being unable to resurrect people sometimes? It's like their res hitbox just fucking disappears and I can't find the prompt no matter how much I trample over their body, and it makes me feel awful because it looks like I'm just taunting them and being a cunt.

In unrelated news: fuck people who bring the high-radius mortars to fucking TUNNEL LEVELS and just fire them everywhere, killing the entire team (players and all AI) over and over, then getting mad and killing you on purpose if you sarcastically say "Watch out for explosions"/"Good job".
One guy made such a mess of a tunnel game with his mortars that I got fed up and TK'd him, and literally nobody bothered to revive him until the end, haha.

s-sorry, was just wondering if you voice chat while playing

The only thing you need is the EDF song and random yells.

THE GAME HAS VOICE CHAT YOU FUCK

You need your health to be above red to resurrect people

Oh, well fuck. Guess I'm just retarded.

true enough

no billy

SOMEONE LEFT, NOW OR NEVER
VDF ROOM

WHERE

lol too slow again nigger

I'm not a sanic you cock-mongling faggot

I need more than 15 seconds to get to your room, fuck

You need to be a sanic in this game, son. Inferno does not fuck around

HURRY HURRY ITS ABOUT TO FILL AGAIN

VDF spots just opened

fucking already full

now
NOW

hurry hurry again

Is it actually fucking refilling up every 10 seconds? I almost want to say it's a problem on my end.

Actually yeah, it's filling that fast because we have 3 regulars and one pubfag that rotates every now and then

Yeah, very few people do high level inferno, so once someone sees a room with 2 or 3 people they flock to it quickly

I just crashed, hurry and see if you can manage to join before I get back

are you in yet m8

Sorry lads, I just can't stop disconnecting today.

Any tips on how to do mission 86 on Inferno solo with the ranger, please don't tell me it's just about farming an autistic amount of armor

80k armor takes, if I'm correct in my assumption that you get 50 armor max per run of mission 13, 1600 runs of that mission. That actually seems kinda doable depending on your level of autism.

more like retardation, since that would be 1600 runs of mindless grind for the "privilege" or getting killed in 4 seconds by spiders instead of 0.4 seconds

how retarded do you even have to be to bring a fucking shotgun to this mission?

Most japs I get stuck with tend to be okay, the bad ones leave pretty quickly.

I apparently got stuck with the 3 worst players in all of asia

Jesus christ they weren't kidding when they said these were EXTREME

I only did that as Fencer so far
youtube.com/watch?v=lM08snwovlA
But maybe I can still give some hints.
Try Stringer J9/Hercules as weapons.
Hercules should oneshot the flying drones and insects. J9 for the rest.
Make sure to gather all the soldiers at the beginning and don't let them die.

VDF ROOM UP
BE THERE OR BE SQUARE

new bread