Why? why do YOU have the keyblade?!

what did he mean by this?

"No, this can't be happening ! I'm in charge here !"

Tell me about Riku. Why does he wear the blindfold?

>>>Holla Forums

In the original Kingdom Hearts the keyblade didn't give a fuck if you were evil or good, it would just pick whoever was the strongest and most determined person at the time.

Square then retconned this because it was too morally ambiguous and an actual interesting part of the plot and we can't have that in a disney themed game, so now you go to keyblade school and you learn how to shove a keyblade up your ass just like you'd learn how to use any other weapon and it's literally the lamest fucking thing ever.

Worst part is since then Nomura can't decide if any one user's Keyblade is still the Keyblade or a Keyblade. Characters flip-flop between the two, especially if the game's referring to or otherwise bringing up Kingdom Hearts 1.

if it just went to the most determined person it would go to frisk though. then there wouldnt be a kingdom hearts and everyone would have a bad time

The horrible part is I know this is going to bait a huge amount of people, and the thread's going to fucking die from here.

Since BBS it's just "a keyblade".
Sora is still special because spoilers (like everyone hasn't figured this shit out already) he's a kingdom hearts.
He has like 6000 fucking billion hearts up his ass so eventually he'll become kingdom hearts and that's how his saga will end, it has nothing to do with the fact that he can use keyblades, the only reason why he can use keyblades is because he absorbed Ventus and other people in his ass.

Basically forget the whole "keyblades are special" part, it doesn't matter anymore.

I forget who said that, was it Roxas or Riku?

It held back Xehanort.

The retcon was, by the way, that any keyblade wielder who's a master can just do a little ritual to give you access to a keyblade when you're old enough and that users of the dark (Terra) are still allowed to have keyblades if their hearts don't falter.

However Sora is host to a keyblade user's heart which grants him equal access so it's such a giant ass mess of a "retcon" that that bit where the keyblade chooses the most determined person at the time is actually still TRUE, it's just muddled by backstory and justifications that didn't need to be.

It's shown that even a user of the dark can use a keyblade as long as they're determined enough to use it. Terra never lost it, Xehanort never lost it, etc. Riku was unable during Kingdom Hearts because he had plenty of doubts, and was able to use it during Hollow Bastion because he was acting all superior and got shut down by Sora for being a fag by using the power of friendship and whatever the fuck.

It's still a pretty grey weapon.

Fuck off with your Facebook tier memes.

They're still special, or else every character would have one. you don't see Aladdin rocking a Keyblade, do you?

Yeah, the heart holds Darkness and Light. Keyblades are powerful and stuff, but you have to forget that THE X-blade is a dangerous as fuck weapon that is mostly used for nefarious purposes.

Look if 50 goddamn characters can use a keyblade it's not so special anymore.
Now it's like owning a gun in japan, very few people do, but you're still not the only one, there's a reasonable big group of people in japan that owns a gun and owning one hardly makes you all that special.

i wish, nobody cares any more. besides kingdom hearts anons are too level headed for that shit. i think

There wil always be that one guy.
Just you wait, he'll show up, his autism prevents him from sleeping.

Just give it time, user, maybe Poopy Joe will grace us and try to shit up the thread before being banned and easily identified again.

Though Kingdom Hearts threads are pretty impervious, you're right. Maybe it's the subject matter's its own kind of shield against autism just by virtue of already being autistic.

It's more like it's entry level autism that everyone's experienced and the really autistic want more of a challenge to how autistic they can go.

I thought keyblades were still special
it was a matter of will and strength whether or not you could use one but the whole light/dark shit didnt matter

While we're on the subject of autism and this is a KH thread, let me post something that's obligatory for every KH thread.

Sage

yeah, pretty much.

Here's the established rules:

1. If you have a Keyblade, you can give a booster seat to someone by using a little ritual, which Riku did for Kairi in KH2, so it's not like it's new.

2. If you're host to a keyblade wielder's soul, you get a booster seat like above

3. You can lose your keyblade if you turn into a whiny bitch or have self-doubt, and someone can jack your keyblade if you're in this vulnerable position.

4. If you can't rely on personal strength, you can use connected hearts (i.e. just make friends) to make the necessary personal strength to carry your own blade.

5. Keyblades reflect the soul. Sora's keyblade is generic because it's borrowed power and he has little sense of self because he's the classic Jesus type.

I'm going to fucking barf, dude.

and all keyblades are cheap knockoffs of the x-blade which is the true keyblade and the x in x-blade and be produced chi

*pronounced

also the x-blade may as well be a nuke that is powered off of the souls of billions.

More powered off of two souls minimum, since Xehanort's plan was to get Ventus to become the pure-darkness needed until he realized he could just split the guy into two, give the hilariously weak "light" half into the care of his faggoty peer, and train the "dark" half himself. Unversed seemed to be an unpleasant side-effect of Vanitas even existing.

I don't have enough autism to understand Kingdom Hearts lore.
How do I level up?

if you played 1 and 2 then you need to play birth by sleep, you should probably play days and chain of memories too but thats optional. the kingdom hearts game on 3ds is important to the story of kingdom hearts 3 and the new kingdom hearts game 2.8 might also be important too but it's not out yet

If you have a PS3 you can grab 1.5 and 2.5 and they contain more or less everything you need.
The third and final collection will come out for PS4 and it'll fill in the 3DS title gap.

too add on to this it is now easier then ever to get the story of kingdom hearts with the hd remix games on ps3. kingdom hearts 1.5 has kingdom hearts 1 CoM and the story of days as a movie. kingdom hearts 2.5 has kingdom hearts 2 BBS and the story of the kingdom hearts recoded as a movie. and 2.8 will make also have the 3ds game on it

I decided to play them in order to get everything straight and I'm on the BBS remix now, it's kinda shallow but I guess that's to be expected of a fucking PSP port

You mean in order of release or in order of timeline?
You should ALWAYS play them in order of release, just like MGS playing them in order of timeline is the stupidest shit you can possibly do as you'll be confused by the mechanics changing in a non linear way and it'll fuck up your gameplay enjoyment of the series.

timeline
i played 1 and 2 the good ones forever ago but never played the others because it required a fucking psp and a ds

Vanilla 2 is the worst game in the series, dude.

nigga what? 2 is probably the best
chain of memories is probably the worst, fucking card based combat? really?

vanilla 2 did suck but the final mix version is the best game in the series

Let's not go down this road again, you've got people that jack off to KH1, people that like combat in KH2, people that worship the combat in BBS, and so on.
These groups will never reach an agreement, you'll just start arguing in circles like you've been doing for years.

megaman battle network kicks ass

that might be true because i havent played vanilla 2 since i was a kid/teen but i do remember liking it a lot more than 1

people are that crazy for BBS? it feels shallow to me and the whole command thing seems kinda clunky

They are still special. Is not like anyone can wield one or get it easily even when there's a handful of people who can. Considering the rules to wield one here it's still pretty rare to see one. Is not THE keyblade anymore, but it's something like the Jedi/Sith, it used to be really common until everyone killed each other with them and they because less common.

I do agree that Chain of Memories is kind of shitty but some anons like it.

This.

Because you were young and naive, It's still better than one, but some faggots think the gameplay in one is better even if it's just more basic and thus somewhat challenging compared to "Press triangle" and flashy attacks. It's like comparing Metroidvanias to Classicvanias.

I think it have to do with the melding system and the slots, although I think that just breaks the game. Also, the combat is more similar top KH1.

isnt THE keyblade the X blade?

can we all agree that the KH series music is top tier?

C'mere, I'll make it all stop!

Well no shit, it's Yoko Shimomura.

Yes, but since the rest aren't knockoffs, they aren't THE keyblade anymore. They're still somehow special, as in you can visit 20 worlds and never see someone who have one.

Yes. I want to know what song is this one, I really like it

i dont think theyre knock offs i think the x blade is just the only one that can unlock kingdom hearts

just click the video and youll know the name

Good point.
And no, I don't unless the song is called protect Cinderella, but I doubt it since I'm pretty sure this song is also on KH2

the song is called "Tension Rising" and made its debut in KH2 when Roxas was fighting Twilight Thorn

is your shit working alright? it should be right there
are you on a tellyphone

I didn't actually realize it was your video.I thought you were referring to mine.

So is jack going to comeback in KH3 wielding these funky weapons?

Considering how bad the latest movie did, I seriously doubt it. The world itself wasn't so bad, but Jack's voice was terrible.

do you think star wars or marvel will be in KH3?

Yeah, the 4th movie was pretty bad. But they're still trying again in 2017 with the next one.

Truth be told I imagine it'll happen eventually. Big hero 6 is going to be in it and it's technically marvel… but they changed so much it shouldn't even count.

As far as Star Wars goes I'd imagine you'd get a character running like how the Final Fantasy cast is used, or just some wacky summon. But it'd be very special circumstances. I doubt there'd be any worlds focused on them or traditional marvel.

Also fuck I meant to say "No, but I imagine it'll happen eventually"

0/10