I'm currently working on a foss game for linux that's inspired by Rimworld, SS 13, and FTL

I'm currently working on a foss game for linux that's inspired by Rimworld, SS 13, and FTL

releasing it in a week. I'm not even joking that it's going to be called "fast rimjob station" or FRS.

It's going to have interactive and destructible environments like SS 13 and some features that are inspired by FTL, and it's going to behave a little bit like ace of spaces when there are two vs teams, and more like rimworld when we are just working together to survive.

I hope it turns out to be really fun, OP-san!

adding all kinds of new gasses, not just the usual ones.

all kinds of new ways to generate power, and new ways to blow up the base.

bases can exist in space or on land, or even under water. have fun flooding everything

game will include escape pods, tentacle monsters, goo monsters, some well made hacking minigames, natural disasters like ocean floor earthquakes and underwater volcano.

it's also going to be inspired alot by lego rock raiders.

if Holla Forums wants anything else feel free to request and I will try to add them in later.

ok

Screenshot?

it's basically going to be like SS13 except that the jobs wont be such an insane chore, but will still be challenging. there will be more ways to break out of jail and there are not classes the same way as SS13, but rather you create a custom character that is persistent throughout games, meaning anyone can be a clown. you can unlock more parts when you get more XP by just playing and enjoying the game. every little action gives you some XP which will eventually unlock things. you get small amounts of XP towards things similar to what you are doing, and an even smaller amount of XP towards things not related to what you are doing, that way if you hate everything in the game but love one type of thing, you can still eventually unlock everything else. anyone can be a clown, but can you be a better clown than everyon else?

Not yet, I want to keep it under wraps until the unveiling. Holla Forums you are going to love this.

Are you sure that you really get a fast rimjob with your game?
People might complain if it's not fast enough

the game doesn't actually have anything to do with rim jobs, or any types of car repairs for that matter. it's just a mechanic joke.

Oh and prepare to enjoy a GUI that is just wonderful, and induces no headaches.

That's great user if you are telling the truth, but then why make a thread now?

h-hype?

I had been planning on telling Holla Forums sooner but I wanted it to be a surprise.

:c

I'm so sorry buddy, but you could still do jobs, working on the rim of the station?

[DOUBT]

vorecode when

I heard about it, what's that specifically again? I could add it for you.

might even add some lewd mods.

[white people eeh eer eeh eer eeh eeh eer!; black people DOUB DOOH DOO DUAH!]

Will it compile and run on ARM boards?

How long have you been working on this?

probably 2 days

So thats why its foss. So other people have to finish it for you.

ill believe it when i see it
if it's actually decent you've chosen to release it at a really good time

I don't think the Xonotic devs released their shit so MikeeUSA could finish it for them.

Nice. Just make sure you actually release it in a week because I don't think you will. Prove me wrong.

I've really enjoyed Rimworld because of the light focus on engineering. Building systems to deliver electricity, temperature regulation, and light are cool. Though I'd enjoy some more extensiveness, like being able to build piping systems to deliver water.

You better release this and make it free or really good. I'm going to be watching this board like a hawk until next tuesday to see if you'll live up to your word.

read