Death Stranding will be an open word game with co-op

And did he even say which engine he picked? If so I missed it.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/MZtqv
twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

XOF engine

He's saying more about it at TSG, I think.
I'm not even fully sure what he was talking about, man. The translator was so fucking bad.

This fucker is like 200 years old and still hasnt learn to speak english.

Jesus fuck, just lock yourself on a hotel with a bunch prostitues and talk shit until you can talk like a human bean.

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

You'll get a stick and the other players will get a stick and you have to beat each other with sticks. Then you use a rope to string up the loser and leave him to die. This is Death Stranding.

It's a meme you dip, quit it with your shitty copypastas.

He can speak English.

The investors, however, have a need for people to understand him

Kojima does actually know English, it's just that he's not great at speaking it.
He spoke English at E3 this year, albeit not much.

Forgot embed.

Has this fucking moron learned nothing

I love how he just walks ahead of the light ramp.

For a second I thought they were going to play the Darth Vader theme

And it will have constant procedurally generated 30 minute cut scenes.

Kojiima is a huge westaboo. Sure he has an accent but his English is pretty good.

This was likely a presentation for Nips first and foremost.

I couldn't understand half of the shit he spoke, and when I do, the grammar and pronunciation are an absolute mess.

In fairness, that was nine years ago.
I'm sure he's gotten much better at English since. How else would he talk to all his Western friends? You think he goes around with a translator all day?

Nigger what are you doing?

I will be highly disappointed if the open world isnt done well. Its really fucking hard to make a good one, only games that pulled it off were gothic and gta 3. If the game isnt about exploration or knowledge of locations, it can only result in boring traveling from point a to b, which usually means backtracking. At least give us a fun traveling mechanic (like just cause 2's grapple-parachute)

It was designed to be timed to the walk-on music, but the live orchestra played a little fast

Do you even mainline MGS story?

He does, though. Like Del Toro and Reedus.

Reedus is his wife, Del Toro is their gay adopted love child.

prepare for dissapointment, he fucked up his last open world and I doubt he learned a single thing.

How bout you provide a source for that, buddy?

I am now highly curious to see what Reedus x Kojima yaoi would look like.

Too small and not very open ended in it's world design.

The GTA formula has been flawed since the beginning, and GTA V is just a leap backwards from GTA IV. GTA's open world is lifeless and makes exploration feel extremely pointless and boring.

In an open world game, the most important aspect is it has to encourage and reward exploration. The level design and quest design must be suited for open ended gameplay. The character progression and customization must be limitless. Open world in games like GTA are pointless because you just go from point A to point B without anything meaningful in between, and the missions aren't even suitable for open ended gameplay.

I think the only open world, open ended game that TRULY worked was Morrowind. Every game before and after it, Daggerfall is an exception arguably, really pales in comparison.

When you have a lot of money and a decent career and rep, you can be "friends" with anyone.

Source is Sony's TGS conference.
Here's a random article about it.
archive.is/MZtqv

So is Kojima implying you can play as him, Del Toro, AND Norman Reedus?

What's reedus even famous for? Boondock Saints?

The Walking Dead I think?

Walking Dead, and now for cucking Joshua Jackson

Did that show even survive Season 2? Fuck that farm.
who

Thats the point dummy. Morrowind was too empty. And why the fuck did you bring up daggerfall? That game's overworld was practically useless. Did you even play the game, or are you going off what youve heard others on Holla Forums say about it

GTA works because the skill is in the familiarity of the level. When youre in a high-speed chase with the cops, knowing exactly where to turn decides if you throw them off or not. A better example of this is crazy taxi: being able to avoid traffic and stop on a dime is only a small part of the challenge. Knowing where locations are, all the shortcuts, the best path of customers to take, etc. distinguish between being good at the mechanics, and good at the game.

My hope is konami didnt let him finish, or forced it upon him (that might not turn out to be true, though)

Uh oh. These days "open world co-op" is a red flag. This game will be interesting though, we'll see if Kojima can actually pull it off without being cucked by Konami or he was the reason MGS V turned out the way it did all along.

Isn't it like one of those hugely big tv shows like GoT?

In GTA3 there is a reason to explore though as there can be health packs and armor when you are in a pinch, as well as looking for secret packages to get free weapons outside your safehouse as you lose weapons upon death.

It's the most viewed show on cable. Unless you're talking quality wise. In which case I don't know, because I've never seen it and never plan to.

tfw it rhymes

Do you know how insanely hard it is for a Japanese person to learn English?

I'm a linguist, I know the huge differences between the languages, however over a decade of decently knowing the language is usually enough time to be understandable.

I have to admit, I chuckled.

Is Reedus the key to all of this?

Season 2 was like 10 episodes of filler and there were like 13 episodes.

Its just so dense, every single area has so many things going on.

Depends on exposure.

Not really. The topography, vegetation, and other landmarks are extremely intricate. The towns and population are colorful and plenty. Unique items and features are scattered all around in the map. "Emptiness" and backtracking can be entirely be avoided by creativity such as using various ways of teleporting and flying. Everything is completely open ended and free to abuse. It's an "empty" walking simulator only for beginners.

I don't agree with people who say that Daggerfall isn't flawed, but I just love the concept. The open world isn't useless at all. There might be a ton of copypasted people, quests, and stuff, the items and enemies might be level scaled, but the open ended-ness of the game is still unparalleled. It gives it's barren procedurally generated world a "meaning". Even an automatically generated quest can somehow be an adventure of it's own in this game.

YMS?

He's good friends with several native speakers and he types in English on his Twitter account constantly.
twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en

You know who Diane Kruger is?

Who?

Yeah.

Basically, Joshua Jackson was her boyfriend for many years. She did this movie with Reedus and some time when they were making the film an eyewitness saw her at a bar with Reedus making out with his face.

She broke up with Jackson like a few months later

Sorry for the double replies.

That's a lie. The AI and spawning of GTA cops are absolutely horrid and random. It's only true if you're talking about the Driver series, where stealth driving and studying the map are actually necessary.

That's not rewarding and open ended enough.

He doesn't live in an English speaking country. His exposure was always going to be limited.

Being able to write and being able speak aren't 1:1 skills and typing a few English sentences for a tweet is easy enough to fake, assuming that he doesn't just straight up have an English translator translating his Japanese tweets for him

He travels to them constantly, though. Doesn't he?
And as the other user said: most of his friends are English-speakers.

He could take an intensive english course instead of shitposting in twatter.

On business. Business trips are usually 'Go to country. Do business. Maybe see some sights. Go home'
Most of his famous friends are English speakers. I very much doubt most of his friends are anything but Japanese

His English used to be so shit at one point that he actually started crying

no
I dont agree with you, but im not changing your mind (and you arent mine). Lets agree to disagree, its almost offtopic anyways

The police AI is a flaw they never fixed, probably due to popularity. That doesnt invalidate my point on the open world being bad, just proof that the game isnt great

link?

Can't find it but as far as I can recall he was trying show off his English skills and realised that he was awful at it and then started crying on camera

I'm almost convinced that Kojima is actually multiple different people.

I'd fuck Kojima

him and Keanu Reeves are the same person

No way

Nothing wrong with open world.
There are games that done it right, stop being senseless haters.

Nice source, OP

See

Every since PT, Kojima is all about making people play and solve shit together.