"You must play Sega Saturn!"

"You must play Sega Saturn!"
Saturn thread! What have you been playing lately?

A friend and I just found our way beating the excellent Cotton Boomerang. I never was one much for shmups, but the tweaks to the grab mechanic, the new change mechanic, as well as the shot patterns made it a tremendous game! I loved how you could rapidly punch out any danmaku coming your way, it gave the game such a strong feeling of intensity. Plus the sprites all have a comical boxing glove knocking out the bullets. It's easily one of the best games I've played in my life, although the final boss is a bit easy. The game is even a little lewd.

Apart from that, I've also recently completed the tremendous panzer dragoon. The last proper stage gets so hectic, and the final boss was just devastating. It's hard to imagine how this game was overlooked. Not only does it manage to be one of the best looking games on the Saturn, but it easily puts to shame most games from competing platforms, despite the systems supposedly weak 3D. The music is amazing, and the style really stands out. Definitely a game that can really kick your ass later on too.

So, what have you been jamming out on with your Saturn? Loading it up on some CRTs and shooting out in virtua cop 1 & 2? digging some of those sick as fuck shmups? trying those unique platformers? What kinda fix is your Saturn giving you?

Other urls found in this thread:

bfy.tw/7ht4
verified-download.com/file/0SM588
fileice.net/download.php?file=3iccw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there is still no recommendation graphic for saturn gems.

it's a difficult task because there's probably hundreds of great games for it.

only have 22

you mean 100s

you may want to fix your lack of the original Panzer Dragoon and Panzer Dragoon Saga. Your lack of Cotton 2 and Cotton Boomerang, D, Deep Fear, Keio flying squadron 2, Mega Man 8, X4, Nights into Dreams, and Princess Crown, just to start.

Sure there is

I'm too retarded to set up a saturn emulator. I've tried a few times now and it just seems to crash.

I know how to mount disc images I know how to put bios in….. I just can't get the fucking thing to work.

Is there anything like a preconfigured saturn emulator out there?

the original hardware with pseudo saturn. saturn emulators are just above classic xbox tier.

That chart is shit. Chart user here is supposed to be making one.

Are you using SSF? That's easy to set up. Make sure you have the right bios, assign it to find the virtual drive in the menu, and make sure the region code is set.

Nigger, Saturn emulation is far above that. You're a nigger who can't into emulators

why do you think emulators are hard to use? They aren't remotely difficult. I just prefer the original hardware. If you have to settle with emulation, that's fine, but putting a bit of money into the solution until it's ideal is no issue for me.

Plus how would you play light gun games? seems retarded to even attempt that on an emulator.

use mednafen

bump

You poor fool.
not pictured, games not in dvd boxes yet, plus need to change some covers

Really? That might really help discussion for this system, plus since it recently got cracked we might be getting some good threads going in the future.

I'd be interested in helping, seeing as I made the xbox list.

That some good shit user, I dunno how far chart user is in regarding the Saturn chart. If for example he's 90% done which I doubt I'd be kind of stupid to make another one. Just wait till he pops up, he normally does

my research hasn't been nearly as comprehensive, but I've definitely uncovered more games that seem worth the time than I see talked about. I've found I'm most attracted to systems that have a small following of users for one reason or another, a small, intricate library, but are often dismissed by the masses who are otherwise satisfied with a gaming PC.

Don't actually buy this for the Saturn. Unlike Mega man 8, it's the pretty much the exact same as the PS1 version, just with a higher price tag.

Yeah, It's still in progress. Having a bit of a hard time finding proper cover scans for various games. Some times the only covers that come up are fairly faded, or worn as hell. And then there's cases like this one where it would work great, had whoever scanned it not lopped off the corner for some reason.

better graphics is a nice perk.

I'm wondering if chart user will ever make a Nintendo 64 chart. I don't think there's been one made yet.

My Saturn keeps resetting the clock every time it powers on.

What do.

get a new battery. remove the back panel, swap it out.

I got an rtf compiled of what people had been posting in a recent N64 thread. It's on the backburner for now.

bump for satan!

I heard there's now a way to play on hardware through a harddrive?

it's a work in progress, and I anticipate it to be released in 2 years tops. Currently the best means for playing saturn games is with pseudo saturn and burning discs.

THERE ARE NIGGERS WHO BOUGHT PRETENDO INSTEAD OF SATURN

Been playing this top tier crossover.

HE BOUGHT A PLAYTHING

Got a nice little piece to add to my Saturn station. It's a little faded, but that's part of the charm, right? Wish I had a way to show the creators.

Thank you based mednafen developers.

Do I have to install a virtual clone drive from redfox in order for it to work? I got nervous when it wanted me to install this additional software: "elaborate bytes ag storage controllers"

I've downloaded various Saturn emulators and couldn't get any of them to work. What's the catch? I'm pretty fucking illiterate when it comes to this shit.

buy the original hardware is the catch

Just pirate Alcohol 120% nigger goddamn.

See above. Then: bfy.tw/7ht4

How much should I pay for a Saturn?

The one I have gives me this shit:

To get the password for this zip, just go to the link below and you'll get the password within a couple of minutes! ENJOY!

Get it HERE:

verified-download.com/file/0SM588
or
fileice.net/download.php?file=3iccw

And the torrents I found for it have virus warnings in the comments.

Nigger are you fucking underage? Most of those comments always horseshit. Plus you should have some antivirus software that can warn you about getting a virus

About 60 tops

I do, I just err on the side of the caution. At least I got it working now, thanks for the help.

FTFY

Is there anyway to upscale SSF or yabause?

I don't think so.

best cd brand to burn games into?
also: someone pointed out the last time that you can get low speeds with an external burner, any brand recommendation?

SSF is locked at a default resolution.

I use verbatim, never had any issues or bad burns with them for both my DC and Saturn

mostly asking about low speed since people talk about how they need to use stuff like old thinkpads to burn consistenly saturn games.

I just use my old thinkpad because it's the slowest drive I have available. You'll get better results if you burn games at a slow speed. I'd suggest using verbatim discs.

I'm not sure if it's my Saturn, but occasionally pseudo saturn says there's no disc inserted, fixed by opening and closing the lid. Occasionally it'll also give an error 1, meaning the disc couldn't be read, but this is bypassed for me by just retrying the launch process. May be an aging laser, but once the games are running I think I've only ever had the system freeze once. Other times I've left the system running for hours with no problems. May just be oddities.

As far as brands for disc drives, LG and Lite-ON are both good. They cost something like 15-25 bucks, I think.

know it but the last internal dvd burner drives i've had gave me nothing lower than 16, which tbt annoys me, unless i need any particular software.

pretty sure it's just a hardware limitation. Can't go below a certain speed, as much as we might want it to. USB drives from LG or lite-on should be ideal. They usually list the burn speeds. no more than 8x is probably fine.

Its like you hate yourself

That exists? Now I'm curious.

That's not the Saturn rtf, that's the N64 for since someone asked about it.

Is that the Phoenix libretro front-end?

I need to play my Saturn more, haven't touched it much since set up Psuedo Saturn.
Does the network adapter still work?

When are we getting a proper DOOM for the Saturn anons? Think when USB add-on comes out, the Saturn homebrew scene will kick into action?

Any niggers tried Sonic Xtreme yet? Even at its bare basic, it's still fun to see it on the fucking thing finally. Probably the best homebrew.

On homebrew as well, any new translations or games for the thing? The fan engine for Saturn is still developing, so more shit may come in the future.

I'm really excited for a proper doom saturn. I think it would be great to see a game that utilized raycasting on a system that was practically designed from the ground up for warping 2D and being the most advanced 2D system around. I imagine it's inevitable once the back up loading board comes out. I know I'll be getting one as soon as I can.

I've yet to try Sonic Xtreme and I don't know if anything new has been translated.

It would be great. I didn't even know how bad DOOM was until burnt it to try. How can it run worse than the fucking 32X version.

But, I grew up with a pretendo 64

Sir, that is a beautiful thing to see. I hope you play them.

I suppose maybe it's my own personal issue of wanting high quality cover scans to make charts and infographics with, but for some games they seem non-existant. TCP isn't even of any help for this, as due to western Saturn cases not using a standard sized media case, the only covers they have are custom made ones sized to fit DVD cases, or something.

Would probably be easier using custom covers, but I generally prefer to use official ones so on the off-chance anons are actually looking for a game, it's more recognizable with what's actually out there.