Why do so few (non-ripoff) games come from China? They've got 1,357,000...

Why do so few (non-ripoff) games come from China? They've got 1,357,000,000 people yet you never hear any games coming from there.
I've heard of more games coming from smaller nations such as Ireland and Finland than them.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions
google.com/search?q=Argentina olympic team&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gws_rd=cr&ei=CuzYV9DkHIi3eMy8mYAK#gws_rd=cr&mie=oly,["/m/011vln34",3,"a",1,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,"",null,"",null,null,null,null,null,0]
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All their games are knockoffs of western games, created as propaganda to promote Chinese nationalism over the west; this is possible due to a heavily censored and regulated internet, on top of the fact that it game consoles are banned there. To the average Chinese person, if they were somehow exposed to western games (eg Overwatch or TF2) they would already be in the mindset that China did it first.

Secondly, Chinese are greedy jews when it comes to business. I think because of their internet structure, they wouldn't have a digital distribution system for international audiences (imagine if they were hacked for example); physically shipping games is expensive and unless they find a buyer, it would be difficult to turn a profit. It's much easier for them to say, scam people on metal orders

As someone who has lived in Hong Kong for 5 years I can tell you its not that simple

For one thing; the government bans game consoles made in other countries. This means no Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft consoles. 90 percent of "gamers" in China are PC gamers on their Pentiums (although more recently Intel Atoms have gotten good enough for gaming that they're taking off in China)

Another thing is most so-called "ripoffs" as they are seen in the west is legitimate games in China, in China they treat intellectual property like how the west treats folklore. Nobody can "own" it and they are free to be transformed and such

also, the Nintendo Famicom architecture and cartridge format have become a de-facto standard for "baseline" gaming in China, basically everybody and their uncles have a Famicom clone much like how the rest of the world has IBM PC clones.

You have a market thats heavily censored, and dominated by PCs and Famicoms

Finally, most technological development in China is in the southeast, everywhere else is poverty stricken (and again, mostly dominated by the Famiclones because they're cheap) so most would-be developers go off to South Korea (where their work is from outsourcing), Japan, and even the United States

Wow, an actual decent answer that is logical and doesn't contain an argument about them being Jews.

Oh don't worry, there are plenty of Jews on Hong Kong. Don't think you can get off that easy faggot

Can you explain why brazillians are so obsessed with anime, and being annoyed on the internet?

Excuse you but my post covers 90% of the same points

Being annoying.

W8, no consoles at all ? Then shouldn't they be making tons of their own PC games ?
Or is it not-profitable there ?

Again, most of the game developers either leave abroad and/or outsource their work to American companies

There ARE many smalltime game development companies, but those small guys are the ones pumping out Famicom games

How come you never hear about any Chinese movies or modern literature?
Because China is a cultural wasteland.

Hong Kong has a huge motion picture industry though. The only reason you never hear about Chinese movies is the same reason you never hear about Bollywood movies; westerners never have the opportunity to get exposed to these things

I think you misunderstand legit Asian homework ethics.
Wikipedia says that Worst Korea is pretty bad, but China censors even more, so I bet that people are too busy studying to get out instead of sittin on their arse playing vidyas.

If Bollywood is anything to go off of, they can keep their movies.

Much like Hong Kong, Bollywoods golden age has long come to pass, as are the days of Mohammad Rafi and Jackie Chan. The reason why these places always end up being cultural black holes is because Hollywood overshadows it, because Hollywood has higher budgets and the most expensive schools of filmmaking

censor it wang
censor it all

It's done to make money. The ruling party does not use videogames to promote nationalism, and private companies don't care about Chinese nationalism.

Chinese game companies are just as greedy as western companies, but are operating under different circumstances. If western companies could lawfully and easily plagiarise to the extent Chinese ones do, then they would.

Your points are dumb.

Because more than half of those 1.3 billion people don't own a console or a PC. We are talking about abject poverty here or people who live outside the countries economy by hunting/gathering their own food in villages.

Because the Han is a genocidal who inbred to a million times its original size, selecting to obedience to the masters and their lovecraftian fishface.

I thought this one looks pretty neat.

goddammit didn't post my fucking image.

Yet all their movies are still shit.

They really must feel threatened by Japan and their cultural offerings.

Then again, considering the demographic nuke China is about to face they are the most likely nation to invest heavily in the Waifu Age.

They have no respect, on any level, for the idea of intellectual property. Why would they take a risk to create something new and see it cloned by their countrymen in hours, when they could get filthy rich slavishly copying the creations of gweilos?

The reason that you never hear about Chinese movies is that they're hilariously bad excuses for propaganda. t. guy who was forced by friends to watch shit like Ip Man.

League of Legends are owned by China now. Revelation Online looks like a solid orginal game but it will likely be p2w. Transformers Online also dont look bad but it have some similarities to OW

Well user some of the big Chinese companies is buying out various game companies and monopolizing everything. So technically you have played Chinese games.

Jews are synonymous with dishonest business practices and Anons whom are expats working in Hong Kong have hammered it home time and again that the Chinese are chronically lieing cheapskate frauds 99% of the time and this is in fact a culturally encouraged thing the saying that will be repeated to the new guy by various Chinese businesses when they fall for the scams is "you get what you pay for".

They felt shame when Kung Fu Panda was made.

i thought Shit Korea had some bans/taxes on video games which pretty much killed any vidya development there

Watch this shit anime based on a chinese webcomic and you'll get the idea of how far behind they are.

I've no doubt that China will start a glorious new age of colonialism. They're already laying the groundworks in Africa. When it's time to find waifus, it'll off to the colonies to massacre tribals and bring back concubines.

China has never really been expansionist though. They're likely to ship off some of their Zeta tier males over to Africa to breed them a mongrel race of half-apes, but they're still going to be left with 100+ million young men without any chance of finding a wife.

They will have to do something, and the most likely solution will be waifus, at least to alleviate some of the pressure.

Jesus fucking Christ, my blood is boiling.
All I can hope is that as Trump makes American manufacturing more attractive, our honesty, our humanity, will be the force that changes economic tides. Perhaps it will only start with the smaller manufacturers, but whoever it is, they will wake up and realize that it is better in the long run to deal with more expensive trustworthy white folk, than "cheaper" chinese sewer rats.

As much as I hate jews, I have to say that the chinese have clearly out-jewed the jew within the space of a decade. Where the jew excels in cultural manipulation, the chink excels in stealing from you to your face with the backing of his country

I wouldn't mind this, to be honest. It would improve the conditions of the nigs. It would spread non-groid genes amongt the most-groid population on earth. It would give white nations a reason to cast aside their white guilt and colonize assfrica again.

There are actually a lot of Chinese construction workers and shit that work in Africa, marry a local woman, and then stay there rather than go back because being moderately well-off in Africa is better than being poor as dirt in China.

hahahahahaha

Manufacturing is already moving back to the US and has been for years. Cheap gas means cheap power and cheap rail freight beats the shit out of shipping everything across the Pacific. Most of it is fully or almost fully automated though so it doesn't bring a lot of jobs, just savings.

Since we're shit-talking China, can someone post the image of that portuguese user ranting about chinese people?

Didn't mean to quote.

I'd argue that Europe wasn't expansionist either, until some Portuguese guys decided they wanted to find India and everyone realized how profitable colonialism was. Every country, given the opportunity, goes more or less the same way.

Do you think white countries will still exist by this time? The USA will be struggling with an ethnic conflict, Europe will be under dhimmitude, Russia will be bordered by islamists to the west and southwest and Chinks to the east. At least there will still be Argentina.

Oy vey, remember the 40 million.

Why the fuck wouldn't they? You're either a kike shill or a melodramatic stormfag and either way you're a faggot

America is still majority white, and whites in America are almost entirely pure blood as studies show. I think Europe is going to be fine And white hispanics are still white in the same sense Slavs are still white inb4 slavs aren't white

No, but I can give you
INDONESIAN user RANTING ABOUT CHINESE DOGS

Sounds like the white westerners that marry and retire in southeast asia, rather than waste their lives (literally) in the rat race for rotten kike-spoiled cunts.

Trump will, God willing, be president within a few months. I should hope that white civilization would not collapse in that time.

Its a majority Muslim country, like that sperg has any fucking room to talk or any room to be calling anyone else pigs

China had far more occasion to expand considering how old their society and empire was. Still, China then isn't certainly China now, but i do believe most of their problems are poverty and services related rather than genetic.As now, China is doing all the right steps to kick off America influence from Europe and world finance. Obama and US complete focus on the Middle East destroyed years of accurate geopolitics made since the fall of the USSR.

China never gave a single shit about anything outside of China until the British kicked their teeth in and sacked the Summer Palace over torturing their diplomats. "Too egotistical to be expansionist" isn't much of a compliment.

Also their markets are completely fraudulent, their foreign currency reserves are shrinking at $15 billion a month, capital flight has increased despite the controls, foreign investment is falling, and global trade is shrinking so much the biggest SK shipping company went bankrupt. China's fucked and as people start to realize it they're clinging to America twice as hard. Pax Americana forever.

Thats mostly propaganda they tell their workers to boost morale through nationalism. For most of Chinas history it went through multiple periods of instability, including many revolts against the goverment. And in fact for most of its history "China" was really a small nation in South East Asia, it was only recently, like in the past century, that they began subjugating the Slavic, Tibetan, and Muslim territories to the west.

The ONLY difference between China and Europe is that in Europe, Rome fell, which destabilized all of Europe to a point beyond recovery for about a thousand years between 400 A.D. and 1400 A.D. In the east, China was Rome in a way, and it just never really fell as hard as Rome did

I want niggers exterminated.

And because Chinese society hates niggers, but hates half-niggers even more. At least one thing they do right.

It actually was. From Alexander right up to Rome. You can argue that Rome basically fought a long, expansionist war of "defense" since the Punic wars.

China, on the other hand, never really moved beyond its borders. All their history has basically been one long chain of civil wars and "internal" strife.

And all the damage communism did to the country. Mao fucked China worse than Stalin did Russia, about the only country leftism has ravaged more is Best Korea, and we can all agree that's about as low as you can get.

Nope. The US is pretty much done if you faggots don't elect Trump. He's basically your last hope of not becoming an extension of Mexico and sinking into genetic irrelevance.

No matter how inbred China can become it will still be better than whatever Pablo and José can breed out.

my theory is that the chinese only imitate and don't innovate because their language is so fucked up.
how do you do high level shit when you can't even communicate exact concepts?

There may be some truth to this as well. On one hand the Chinese language can be more symbolic and thus convey more abstract concepts using less characters. Which makes it a bit more like natural language. However, it also means the Chinese could not develop a usable typewriter until the 1940s whereas typewriters existed for the Latin alphabet since the 1870s

Doubt considering they had the first Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank summit some days ago with countires from every US influence sphere, Germany, Italy, UK, etc. They are shitting out infrastructure and connections towards Russia and Europe at an alarming rhythm and will probably drop the dollar in the future, which is going to be a game changer. Their presence in Africa should have sent alarms instead they are practically working without interference. I welcome competition in the world market.

I'm expecting every Chinese game to be called "Voyage of Legend" or "Chronicles of Combat" or some fucking generic name, all a variant of Journey to the West.

Chinese devs are very technically competent. But no one wants to take the ultimate risk (the ones that do eventually end up working for JP / US companies).

So did any long standing empire. Rome basically became one civil war after another after the Marian reforms. As much as they did boost military effectiveness they also made the legions state sponsored mercenaries, beholden to their generals for booty, and very willing to put him on the throne if the chance presented itself.

That's bullshit. Compare the size of the kingdoms during the RotK era, and modern China, and it's not that different.

The Han dynasty controlled a territory approximately 6 million square kilometers in size, modern China is about 9 million square kilometers.

Yeah, not like they got invaded by the premier rape horde of human history or anything. China fell several times actually, or to be more precise, the various Chinese kingdoms and empires did, which was similar to how the unified Roman empire collapsed and was carved into successor kingdoms.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions
It's like you're a retard or something.

They have a WW2 FPS online where you can only play as Chinese.

There are some decent Touhou fangames but I guess they count as ripoffs.

What's it called?

I don't really remember. I found a game called Glorious Mission though.

Chinks are cheap fucks who won't pay for non-F2P vidya and their government puts heavy limits on what content you can put in so exporting it to the west isn't so easy.

I wish someone would make a game set during the Boxer Rebellion.

They're likely the reason we'll never get to see a TW styled game about the Three Kingdoms, or have a Shogun expansion about conquering Korea and China in the 17th century.

Not unless it's dressed up to match the party line like Hero was.

don't suppose anyone got bigger versions of these graphs?

except last one.

You could never get away with it because of the Mongol invasion, let alone having a game where you go raping and pillaging the Chinese countryside as the Tokugawa Shogunate. China is still immensely butthurt about it to this day.

After thousands of year, Rome arrived in China.

China dreams of ruling a world it doesn't want to understand.

They've already peaked, it's all downhill from here. Good chunks of their country are becoming uninhabitable already.

Chinese business is basically all the worst traits of Western business- the single-minded pursuit of immediate profit at the expense of anything resembling long-term prosperity, taking advantage of absolutely everyone they think they can get away with, and most of the successful ones are in bed with the government.

A bank met. The UK's there because they're absolutely neurotic about losing their empire and if they can just believe that empires are cyclical then it's not their fault, so China will grow larger.

If by infrastructure and connections you mean the new silk road shit they're trying, their exports are falling and a rail line isn't going to change that assuming it doesn't horribly maim a thousand people the first time it gets used thanks to Chinese engineering and steel. Dropping the dollar would mean dropping their credibility, only cucks like the British believe the yuan is real and that's fading.

Dropping the ball in Africa was a mistake, but global warming's gonna fix that right up. :^)

I love shit like this. My favorite is the one where a British sinophile read a thing by a Chinese philosopher that described a machine that moves in circles, so the Chinese invented the helicopter over five thousand years ago laowei.

I think you'll find that the Mongols were Han, and Mongolia has always belonged to China. In fact China has never been conquered because all of its conquerors were Han.

Is that the one from the TAIWAN NUMBER ONE video?

Problem is creativity is damn near literally illegal in China, and certainly extremely discouraged. And as we should all damn well know, you can't make good shit without creativity.

China is basically desperately trying to fake its way into being a First World country, and it is not working.

Take a look at their cultural and historical art. That's why they don't make video games. They inherently lack the creative ability. Maybe they could make a Pong rival though. Pong compared to the Witcher 3 is like ancient Chinese/Asian art compared to European.

That seems awfully optimistic. UK has a trend of jumping ships at the right time.
Still you are right, a rail will not save them. We will see in the future, especially with US elections and France the next year.

I think you're confusing the Han dynasty from around 0 AD with the Yuan dynasty from the 13th century.

Han Chinese are a separate ethnicity to the steppe people, to whom the Mongolians belong.

i've met chinese college students here in murica that are convinced i should learn chinese because they are going to take over murica

Often because they were responsible for sinking the previous one, of course.

Look man you're gonna have to tell that to some Chinese professors because I can only repeat what I'm told.

China has copyright laws but not intellectual property laws. And most of the money in China is in factories. that's why games like LoL get bought out by that kind of company. The big gaming companies in Asia are in Japan.

HK =/= mainland China.

Also, nice of you to ignore Taiwan.

I wonder if China and Korea have so little game development going on specifically because Japan and their output covers most of their needs.

Hi CIDF, China hasn't invented anything of note in a thousand years.

The Chinese brought in cheap phones, tablets, headphones, keyboards, mice etc. I don't mind them these days. They're getting better at making bootleg hardware. Competition is always good. Heck, even Chinese clothes are getting better these days. Some of it is legitimately really nice.

AFAIK they have both, they just don't enforce it so long as it is to the benefit of the chinese government. Making rip-off BMWs, flooding foregin market with knock off goods are thing the government sees as a benefit to them, so they don't give a shit when they are called out. It would be different if a western company stole a chinese design, but that's not exactly likely to happen any time soon since anyone with a creative soul from China leaves the country as fast as they can.

Why not this one instead? The animation is rather choppy, but the renditions of Westerners are hilarious.

dam son

Same reason why everything is going to shit in the west: Communism.

China had some strong anti-vidya laws until like a year ago. Now they're easying on it, but very slowly and they still can't show evil things like the undead (WoW needed reskins to be sold there). My guess is they want to enter the market and are dropping the restrictions slowly so the local devs can get up to speed without having to compete with the international industry right away.

Maybe that isn't the complete reason but fuck it must make things harder, just like requiring the main character to be a proud transfat ginger negro hybrid made our vidya quality hit rock bottom.

What proof do you have?

the reason for the rampant copy culture of chinks is simply that their individuality and creativity was destroyed in favour of conformity so the emperor can easily unite and rule the country. They have been many chinese ethnic groups living there for a long time and the last thing an emperor wants is infighting. So he destroyed their creativity

1,357,000,000 soulless drones. They can rip-off and reverse engineer just about anything, but you won't catch them creating something new.

I think they're fine with undead, just not skeletons.

This.

The Chinese don't need gweilo.

They have an internal market.

Explanation:

In China when you go to the hospital you have to pay up front in cash.

"He not my little boy"

"You bring you pay!"

China is the most capitalist country on the planet. It is Ayn Rand's utopia. Only the strong/rich survive.

Manchu were Korean.

It's not only that. East Asia has the idea that when you help someone, he becomes your responsibility for the rest of your life. In other words, you save someone, now he's your adopted student. So, people will rather not help anyone else. Especially in China.

I swear, only east Asians that can claim to have a soul are Japanese and even they are fucking crazy.

Because their a country comprised of nothing but thieves and crooks.

It’s in their blood, man.

Then you’re a retard who knows nothing about China and nothing about colonialism.

So just like the west

Kikepedia disagrees:
In 1206, the Mongols who were vassals to the Jurchens rose in Mongolia. Their leader, Genghis Khan, led Mongol troops against the Jurchens who were finally defeated by Ögedei Khan in 1234. Under the Mongols' control, the Jurchens were divided into two groups and treated differently: the ones who were born and raised in North China and fluent in Chinese were considered to be Chinese (Han), but the people who were born and raised in the Jurchen homeland (Manchuria) without Chinese-speaking abilities were treated as Mongols politically. From that time, the Jurchens of North China increasingly merged with the Han Chinese while those living in their homeland started to be Mongolized. They adopted Mongolian customs, names and the Mongolian language. As time went on, fewer and fewer Jurchens could recognize their own script.

Because even when we're demoralized and told to hate ourselves, our culture, our history, and our race from the day were born we still manage to have more of a soul than those slant eyed fucks.

>>>Holla Forums

bu where did that came from?

because theyre busy eating dogs

My proof is that a bunch of Chinese professors claim everyone that ever kicked the shit out of them is Han because if they weren't Han that means China got conquered by foreigners and that isn't acceptable. It's completely retarded and transparently false and there's hundreds of millions of Chinese that believe it.

The Mongols conquered China, therefore they were Han, therefore Mongolia has always belonged to China.

Jesus Christ why did I have to explain that.

Jokes on you, I'm suburb masterrace.

I've seen one Chinese historical movie, and it was pretty good. Definitely better than the shit we're making here in Russia.

In Indonesia and Malaysia pig is a huge fucking insult. There's a case of agitators trying to start race riots by chanting "Go home crazy pigs" in reference to the Chinese.

Chinks are ant people with no independent thought. They won't create their own art.

Why do I have an erection?

Holy shit, really? I've been waiting so long for a WW2 game that lets you play as the Chinese.

Why would you want to play a game where you're repeatedly gangraped by Imperial Japanese soldiers before being experimented on by Unit 731?

ah okay, watch out for those darkies

in the great chinese republic of great china, there are only two roles.

sweatshop workers, and government employees.

I feel like I've read this exact post before.

Look up Tencent. They own LoL.

They also bought nearly half of Unreal's equity, which means they're making money of each successful game that uses the engine.

The Chinese have been investing and influencing Western vidya for quite some time.

There's a difference between owning a game and making a game.
Valve didn't make the first L4D, but they own the rights.

thought lollard after it had become popular. they have their fingers in many a moba

Seriously goyim?

I understand that. I'm just reminding anons that the Chinese are involved in the vidya industry.

Although I agree that the chances of quality vidya coming out of China are slim because of their strict government and generally shit culture.

What about Taiwan?

they bought

chinese don't buy games. actual studying and don't dishonor mother and father stereotype. also alot of people work 80 hours a day for a bag of rice.

They're making plamo of that thing. Also that game seems pretty original, I can't think of any games that look like that out in the past 5 years.

It's like you faglords love to suck communist dick, ROC is the real China.

chinese devs know their shovelware is only good enough for their own whales

i can't find the video of a chinese dev talking about how they pump shitty MMOs every 2~3 months that are 80% identical the last one just to hook whales with absurd amounts of cash shop items and shortcuts in which the whales do a mad rush to see who will get 1st place in the game ranking system and all the tactics they use to force people to move between servers and games to waste even more money buying their shit

he also talks about how the ocident is learning this trickes and using on their own games (the video is 5~6 years old IIRC)

if anyone knows the video i'm talking about, please post it, the only thing i'm finding are whale cannons on fucking GTA5

google.com/search?q=Argentina olympic team&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gws_rd=cr&ei=CuzYV9DkHIi3eMy8mYAK#gws_rd=cr&mie=oly,["/m/011vln34",3,"a",1,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,"",null,"",null,null,null,null,null,0]

I mean look at all those niggers.

There's no impetus for achievement.
The only people with any money there are con men.
Over half their real estate industry is fake.

Chinese don't actually study, they just try and memorize a bunch of shit so they can do well in a test for muh social prestige, they don't actually care for the content

Jesus, they must have more hormones in the water than USA.

Search $100,000 whales. It was a GDC presentation.

The greatness of china…..

It's as retarded as claiming that Avars and Magyars were Slavs, and nobody does that.

It's like claiming bulgars and tracs are slavs.. oh wait.

Sounds like heaven.

China is a profoundly retarded country.

this tbh 1,357,000,000 and they barely even feel like they're from the same country in anything but name. Its why the communists are so fucking triggered at the thought of separatists or losing territory, because their whole identity as a state is a lie.

most of those people live in poverty user and work slave labor so you can buy cheap electronics

So, does it means that PC gaming is leftist degeneracy?

Yeah, sure, as opposed to non-communist countries that are soooo happy to give away their territories left and right, yeah?

US gave independence to the Philippines in 1946 and Britain signed Hong Kong away to China in 1997, two examples off the top of my head, so you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Now imagine Communist China doing even so little that.

Good goy!

Don't know what you're trying to meme, friend, throwing a Holla Forums meme at me when its Holla Forums that is trying to defend the honor of Communist China.

Don't they crave originality, or exploration, or anything?

Guess again, fag

Okay

PRCIDF

Still wrong

Okay if it isn't Holla Forums and PRCIDF that are so interested in defending the honor of Communist China, then who?

shitposter :v)

/wrists

Russians. Because it's our best ally and you guys are faggots.

EVE Online in China

"I ask Duo Ye to summarise the fight. He is blunt. “Someone tried to defect, it didn’t go well, and PIBC crushed them.” And what of the aftermath? “Everyone is wondering now whether PIBC is so big that it’s just mopping up the rest of the map and becoming the only viable alliance, but I would say not from what I see. Yes there are consequences, for example one of the losing alliances paid a heavy amount of ISK to regain friendship with PIBC.”

But they’re still on the board? “Exactly, and PIBC is already involved in another war with other alliances. I wouldn’t like to say really, but one thing I will say is that the Chinese character is to resolve things through negotiations – they don’t necessarily want to kill you if, in the long term, that will provide more economic benefits. So yeah maybe they won’t kill you,” Ye lets out a hearty laugh, “but settle for some torture or something like that.”"

Because:
- Communism itself is shit, it sounds great in theory but it depends too much on humans not being dicks to work, and we know humans are dicks all the time. I seem to remember some faggot who said that communism can only work with elves or something since they are noble, immortal and don't need no $ - when you think about it, he's right.
- China's particular brand of communism is retarded because it's actually crony capitalism (like most real life communist nations) and properties, especially intellectual ones, don't mean shit - the laws there are only ever enacted to keep the elites up top and the plebs down and out.
- The Chinese are the original Asian Jews and their merchantfaggotry might even be older than the kikes' own brand of it, so why bother making a game when you can just steal other people's work, plus the law doesn't even care as long as you're not pising on Chairman Mao's photos or something.
t. an Asian Jew

ME CHINESE ME NO NiCE ME gO PEE PEE in your RICE

user, it's not that simple.
Language-wise, they only have one or two word for all of these words: swine, pig, boar, hog.
The first one dictates the rest.

I have no idea why that line got me so hard.

It was concluded that the contributions to the Bulgarian gene pool from the pre-Slavic indigenous population definitely outnumber that of the Slavic settlers who spread their language in the Balkans mainly by assimilation.

Is Spectral vs Generation Chinese or Taiwanese?