I was paying attention when Yandev went nuclear and fucked offed to Reddit...

I was paying attention when Yandev went nuclear and fucked offed to Reddit, but I forgot to ask: what causes him to throw a bitch fit anyway? I remember him censoring some shit in his game

Also general scumbag developer thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/HXH92
please
stackoverflow.com/questions/638561/what-is-the-proper-way-to-format-code
prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/1896-yanderedev-evaxephon/
kernel.org/doc/Documentation/CodingStyle
hassanolity.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/the_c_programming_language_2.pdf
assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/12495
youtube.com/watch?v=jPqwDGXxLhU&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He was a faggot who couldn't handle the banter of an imageboard so he went to his circle jerk reddit.

No e-celeb threads allowed. Eat shit faggot.

Lack of asspats and headpats.

No one cares about the PC cuck.

Over the past few weeks leading up to him losing his shit, he did an interview on Kotaku even though they were shit well before GG or anything like that, he stopped posting on Holla Forums a bit more when threads became more impossible for discussion, he covered up the panty in the inventory menu which I didnt care for but other people did which caused quite a bit of commotion especially since it came across like he would actively ignore feedback in a game developed entirely around feedback, shit like that.

Besides that, Gearbox has been a pretty scummy developer after Borderlands, what with them stealing the artstyle from a guy who made short films. I wanted to give them credit after BL2 having a good PC port but then they wanted to treat a single player game like an MMO, and it turned out they stole money straight from Sega in order to "finish" Duke Nukem Forever and BL2 instead of making Aliens Colonial marines

tl;dr - He made a concept for an inventory system in which Yandere chan hides weapons and shit under her skirt. He caved into complaints about it showing her panties. So he changed it, Holla Forums called him a cuck and he couldn't handle it.
Even though that's fucking stupid because the original system was the superior because it showed what panties she was wearing so you could check if you had the right bonus. So basically, censoring his game shat on the gameplay as well

Why did you bring Gearbox into this?

Not only that, but you're forgetting the fact that 66% of the people in the poll about censoring it or not voted for not censoring.

Don't forget
That's what did it for me.

The OP wrote

Gearbox is a scummy developer so it fits.

Oh yeah, I did actually forget that. Guess I blocked it out of my memory because it's THAT fucking stupid.

Combination of his own gargantuan ego and Holla Forums not being helpful. He would've left sooner or later anyways because he wasn't getting asspats or his homework done for him by Holla Forumsirgins but the constant screaming and le ebin cuckdev xDDDD joke sped it along a fair deal. Shitposting was always present but escalated after he censored panties for no reason even after the vast majority of his voters didn't want it.

Hence why "CUCKDEV CUCKDEV YOU NEVER FOOLED ME XDDDDD" threads dominated this place for a couple weeks after he left.

Yandev is a retard, so are the guys chanting cuck long past the point of there being any humor value in it and trying to get a TORtanic out of a no-name stream-bait game, and the world keeps turning.

Reddit helped you guys out with Gamergate, how are they bad aside from SRS?

Because Reddit's whole upvote system is dumb and encourages mob behavior. Go ahead and post a contrary opinion on a subreddit. It'll be downvoted and out of sight within the hour.
This is bad because it causes circlejerks even worse than ones on imageboards. At least on an imageboard you can post your opinion and all people can do is call you a faggot. Your post doesn't get thrown further down the page or deleted for reaching a downvote threshold. On Reddit if you have a contrary opinion you get publicly shamed and ostracized for it.
In short, Reddit's system breeds single-minded behavior. Especially in relation to video games. So it causes shit taste and we all know how Holla Forums feels about shit taste.

I want cuckchan newfags to leave

Get the fuck out. Holla Forums shat GG down its fucking leg.

Gotta try and hide you've been here for about five minutes one way or another, quickest way to do that is to start screaming about Reddit without provocation to appeal to shitters and boogeyman fear-mongers.

You have to go back.

Reddit is terrible, here's a short list of reasons why:
>designed to reinforce established thought instead of doing literally anything new as opposed to here, where it's just the users doing it
I could put in more, but that would take work I don't feel like doing to make a point that's already obvious.

Eh, don't sell the mob-mentality short, it's present here too but in lesser quantities. You seen Holla Forums lately, or /polmeta/? Mods there will censor you if you're not Holla Forums-kosher or complain about the brit/pol/ etc. stuff to any capacity.

I recall one subreddit or another being kind of a red-headed stepchild of activity in its own right back when /gg/ was a thing. I haven't really kept track of glibberglam in general since they started circlejerking about adopting a seal or something, though.

Jesus Christ, no wonder you guys always talk shit about this guy. I had only heard about him saying he wanted to add absurd Yakuza gameplay options, this is outright sad though.

Is there gonna be a point where other people endlessly take it upon themselves to mod the game?

THIS GAME IS DEAD, LATE 2018 RELEASE

MEME GAME COMPELTEL FUCKING SHIT, DROPPED THE GAME ON APRIL FOOLSm DROPPED IT AGAIN ON STUPID (((""""DELAYS"""")))
BEUCASE WHAT AN AUTISTSITISTIC PEICE OF SHIT
not even slientassasin thebest hitman,
whoever likes yandere simulator is a irnoic piece of shit faggot who literally plays the game for TWO reasons, AND TWO OF THOSE REASONS AREN'T EVEN "I WANT A STEALTH GAME'B CEAUSE THIS SHIT WEEABOO GAME ISNT ABOUT STEALTH.
NEVNENRENVENNERNERVER E V E R
EEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR

L A T E 2 0 1 8
A
T
E

Is he actually making any progress or is he still answering emails?

Prob'ly still answering emails.

Reddit is an echo chamber hugbox where joining and agreeing with the hivemind is encouraged while dissenting opinions are shot down and rejected by the consensus.

Reddit regulars easily fall to mob mentality and refuse to listen to reason, communicate via memes and superficial, kneejerk reaction non-arguments based entirely on the spur of the moment gut feeling instead of thinking before posting.

It's absolutely nothing like Holla Forums.

I recall the plebbit brigade running him out, also the Jewtube comments of his update videos, so he's only answering emails, probably hired someone to filter them through beacuse his hipster welfare has gone through the roof.

Really the more obvious an issue is the more faggots you have on your side.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/r9k/

How long do you think it'll take until we finally go back to hating memes and running nearly all usage of them out of town?
I used to think those days were shitty, but I'll take that over living in Meme Hell.

When did even reddit or youtube call him out besides the email debacle and wanting to transition a """Stealth""" game into a beat em up?

Holy jesus I heard people say the game's code was shit but I never even fathomed that it was THIS shit.

When I called him a Notch emulator nobody listened.

That's the fucking wurm unlimited code.

Do you think the guy's ever gonna break and pass off control to someone else? Would that be allowed for Patreon or whatever else he uses (not that that kind of thing ever seems to show any accountability)? Honestly I feel bad for him but he'd probably stay saner and possibly find a moment of happiness here and there if he just settled for developing the assets alongside having his input considered.

I don't even know anything about coding and I can tell that's not Yanderedev's code.

Metal? Stone? Melting? Streetlamps? That other guy's probably right, I'd bet that is Wurm's code. I'd know, I've experienced how shitty it is.

>Holla Forums doesn't even like video games :^)
I'm ninety percent sure that the OP's of these threads are just YD polling the site again

The Notch cycle dictated that he had to fuck off

Although, unlike Notch's game, Yan Sim will be totally irrelevant shovelware

Are you really sure?

pretty inspiring webm actually. if this chucklefuck can make a game then why haven't I?

No, that'd be shit-stirrers who won't let the bastard go because they can't shit on him if they don't keep the memory alive.

I kinda stopped following development of the game after threads about it stopped getting posted here. But finding out about the censoring incident well and seeing how little progress is being made over all…well I'm guessing it's another for the trash bin

The guy was a cuck and couldn't handle criticism

What the fucking shit is wrong with modders.

That's just it, though.

Everyone knows the chans are crawling with misanthropes that love to shit on everybody's day, but if you can look past that there are an awful lot of nice, kind and intelligent people lurking here. Yandere dev should have dealt with the bantz but he's mentally unprepared for the honesty this website has.

Seriously if I was getting patreon bucks like him I would be nice to everyone, especially you fags.

Making a game where every action has a ripple effect on all the other characters is a massive challenge, but if he wasn't up to the task he shouldn't have started advertising his game.

Yandev was always a faggot. He's especially a faggot when you consider how you got other developers higher on the totem pole, probably right this second, on this website and they manage to not flail around getting assblasted at what's a regular day around here.

Yeah what this guy said. You don't see me whining about the fallout 4 criticism

I suppose this means /cow/ was right all along, huh?

Is there a way to make a community policing system without it falling down to mob rule?

i didn't follow the game super-well but it's doomed to fail now

Yeah, he did a whole video where he said he wanted to add in depth beat-em-up mechanics with flashy moves like Yakuza to his stealth game, then got butthurt when Holla Forums told him it was retarded.

Now that he's fucked off to his hugbox he's doubled down on that and plans on adding it in again for one of the rivals.

Feature. Fucking. Creep.

Such a good premise No surprise since he stole it from Holla Forums wasted by some faggot.

No. That's why you establish a power system of moderators who are overseen by an administrator who doesn't give a shit about whatever the board's topics are. He's just there to make sure the site functions well and that the moderators aren't abusing their power.

but then admins and mods can just create their own mob rule ahem mark ahem

Like the Looking Glass dev(s).

The new "features" are terrible ideas, like there are so many ways to kill people but given that there are supposed to be rivals, it makes me wonder if any of the methods will be useful. In the end the game will probably become a apprentice of all trades, jack at none.

and then the clowns like "oh i played yakuza i want a fighting aspect" but that's fucking retarded because it was the only thing involving any kind of social stealth since hitman and he's like "i wanna rumble too'

what a mook, hopefully some gooks just steal the better ideas

That's why I said the admin must not have any vested interest. Mark actually gives a shit about vidya. What you need is someone impartial or doesn't like vidya being there just to make sure the moderators aren't being shitheads.

There was already a nip game that was pretty much Grand Theft Pantsu. Its only lacking the yandere part.

Jokes aside, Todd Howard is such a memer that I almost guarantee he and some of his Bethesda staff visit Holla Forums. They just don't give a shit because they already have a winning formula for making money.

What if users were automatically profiled they would be told into different political and social spectrums, and whenever someone reported something a set of other users from the opposite side of the spectrum would get the report and check whether or not the post violated any rules.

todd himself probably makes the dankest todd memes

I wonder if this guy is working on SS3

Hell that inspired YanDev wanting the game to go "open world" in the first place.

That's not even considering the fact that the game doesnt even have a proper stealth system implemented yet. How the fuck can he add a brawler system in, especially since the game itself is still in a massively unfinished state? If anything he should wait until the game is finished, and then make an anime girl beat em up.

This

I now understand why that cunt that makes a game revolving around a psychopathic murdering girl. He can't take criticism at all and is a general bitch who would like it if he just killed off things that aren't nice to him.

so, here's a question…

Are there any game devs that Holla Forums doesn't consider to be scumbags?

A few.

Running with Scissors, Croteam, Falcom, Remedy, Sandlot, it aint much but hey, its something.

Jesus christ anons
If you're gonna shit on cuckdev you gotta at least save the archive he spurged on

archive.is/HXH92

fucking social media schizos

for me;
Falcom, Running with Scissors, Croteam, wayforward, dracue software, vanillaware and Tamsoft. SNK is close to getting back into my good list. and Sega will be too once they start using their non-sonic IPs again.

I would consider croteam worth giving a shit about if any of the serious sam games were good.

Todd actually admitted that some of the shit they tried with F4 didn't work, so hey, maybe they're actually parsing out the criticism from the memes. Looking at the game itself, they did try and ape some of the things New Vegas did right, just nowhere near as well due to the butchered mechanics and voiced protagonist.

When did Todd of all people admit that?

Okay

Reminder that this faggot was known for being a huge cockmongler even before he started development on the game.

I still remember all those morons saying "B-but he's changed!".

please use archive.is/fallout-4-lead-todd-howard-dialogue-system-didnt-work-as-well/

It's kind of mixed in with PR speak, but he admitted that they took the criticism they got with the base game and hope to improve on it. They added more choice to Far Harbor, and admitted that the dialogue system 'didn't work as well as we hoped'.

So they tried to touch up F4 a bit with their DLC releases and he said they plan on taking that criticism long term.

So, we'll see I guess. As much as I dislike their new approach, that's kind of nice to see.

There was a time when he was actually shaping up to be pretty unfaggoty. He'd routinely talk shit about the SJWs and how he wouldn't compromise his game for them, he could take the bantz, he owned up to his previous spergouts. It looked like he'd actually matured for a little while.

Then he turned his back on literally all of that by letting the SJWs censor his game, doing an interview with Cucktaco purely for the exposure, then proceeding to have the spergiest of all spergouts.

Guess autism really is one hell of a drug.

It was all newfags who weren't around to remember him being a faggot as EvaXephon, it has to have been. As soon as that connection was made I jumped ship and stopped giving a single fuck about the game, as if curtain being pulled on the MikeZ drama with Eva/YanD stacking the scenario in his favor didn't make him look like a big enough faggot.

Why all the threads about this game suddenly again?

Ignore this man and his thing, lest you give him the attention he wants.

If the team actually makes critcism and makes a genuine good game next time I'll be first to give it a fair chance.

When he first posted ideas of his game in the spring of 2014, most of us thought he matured, in general we had fun discussing how the game may end up.

But after wanting to implement various bad ideas and losing it acting like Huey, it became more depressing to see.

You remember that Dreamboy story?

Todd wrote that. He's dreamboy. "Todd" in the story is Zenimax.

Really at this point Todd and company have the easiest job in the world. Just don't strip anything else away, expand, at this point you'd get a better ES game by just adding in features they already took out. That wouldn't even be work.

Also fire the fucking spic already and hire Avellone. Just fucking do it god dammit. Have him write the next couple of Fallouts since he isn't doing much else.

Yo-you're the monster Holla Forums! You belong on this boat!

Apparently there's now a censor panties button because he wants his game to be all over twitch for the jew gold so he needs to make his game as USA friendly as possible.

good

that's bullshit but i believe it

So if someone were to say make the exact same game but without the tacky crap Yandere Dev is adding.

Would you be in support of that? It seems to me the issue here is more so a management issue, which is something I can take care of easily.

I'd rather see a stealth game than anything else,

Pretty much. A lot of his ideas were already 'borrowed' from anons anyway, and you've already seen just how shit his code is.

Strip out the shitty features like the beat-em-up elements and memes and you could probably produce a game just as good in half the time.

I wouldn't necessarily go the yandere girl route because it'd be obvious what you were trying to do, but hey, do what you wanna do.

I've seen all these YanDev videos where people mock the code but as a C beginner myself I can't tell. Which is bad since I am making a game in my free time too.

How can you tell when yor code is shit?

As neat as it would be, I'd be on the fence in case you are an idea guy or you can genuinely prove you can do it.

Besides, its not like Yandev can stop your or like he has a complete patent on a game centered around being a yandere.

Just watch out for the DMCA claims that he'll try to hit you with. I'm sure he'd try it.
Otherwise I'm in the same boat as

Your code should be understandable and readable to people other than yourself, essentially.

If you code something that only you can understand, or if someone has to try to LEARN your code format for debug purposes, it's probably shit.

stackoverflow.com/questions/638561/what-is-the-proper-way-to-format-code

Jesus FUCKING christ all those passed boolean arguments make me want to rip my eyes out.

How the fuck does Wurm even work? Slav magic?

Your code is shit when you revisit it after a few months and think, "What the fuck is going on?" while you're reading it.

I doubt he'd DMCA it. There was some android knockoff that I never heard of outside a few posts but he let it slip by I think.

Other than that its all free game in terms of mechanics and design.

You know your code is shit when you're trying to find the lines of code pertaining to X and it takes you more than 60 seconds

Looks like many of you here know algorithm better than yandev. Why aren't YOU releasing any game, then?

I'm be down to see it just for the shit storm it makes but don't expect my money.

Because neither is Yandev.

Reddit's an ad platform. It's built so that only acceptable views are visible.

The whole point of community policing systems is to establish mob rule.

No, this would enforce in-group out-group behavior that would divide the community. In addition it wouldn't help much with policing because as time goes on groups would degenerate into protecting their own no matter what while reporting others.

This makes me gag.
Show me more. Did those faggots make a pony model swap already?

But the reports are sent to be verified by people of opposite political and social profiles? Wouldn't it do the opposite?

Until one of the groups gets its own people verified on the other side. Easiest solution is to not label anyone and just let everyone call each other faggots, you fucking faggot.

So here are two possible scenarios. For the sake of example let's call one side of the spectrum Holla Forums and the other side Holla Forums. Of course, this is assuming that the technology exists, which it doesn't.

Scenario 1: Holla Forums submits report against Holla Forums. Holla Forums is given the opportunity to read over the report, and approves it.

Scenario 2: Holla Forums submits report against Holla Forums. Holla Forums is given the opportunity to read over the report, and denies it.

Either way the system would be abused by pitting groups against one another.

Holy shit you are cancer

I don't buy it

I thought summer was over?

But GG is actually the only reason Holla Forums's user count is higher than 200.

But the point was to send it to a set of people, and if like maybe more than 1 voted to delete it, it would be deleted.
(Although with this system you would need the set of people to at varying locations on the political spectrum)

Well, I understand, but there is a way to do it not automatically.
Just make them take a 15-question test that will give them a 15-digit code to copy and paste.
Tell them to save the code and you have to paste it in whenever solving the 4 hour captcha. That code is saved for that IP adress for 24 hours.
Make it mandatory, however other users will never know eachother's code, just like they don't know eachother's ip.

You're talking about a system that isn't easy to abuse, right? A 15 digit code is trivial to abuse.

If the system's not automatic but relies on truthful responses from anons, it's flawed. Even if the system is automatic and produced properly, it still suffers from the fact that anons will be separated into groups and incentivized to either help their own in-group or penalize the enemy groups.

It's a shit system. A moderator in most cases is more transparent and less prone to abuse than your system.

Well hold on now, moot selling out is the reason why 8ch is on the map. Albeit, gamergate had a great deal to do with that.

Neither do you. So you're as bad as him?

Oh, an0n. Does your mother browse here?

The code would be as easy to abuse as faking your answers on a personality test would be. But the point is that it's just so people don't just report theads they like and then said people get to delete anything they want.

I also don't get why you're saying people will be separated into groups when there'd be no way for them to tell who is in what group.
Plus, if 200 anons are on at one time, and whenever somebody reports something, 4 anons get to verify the report. You've got a 2% chance to get chosen, and there's no way to tell who else gets chosen unless you're talking to them at the moment, so really it'd be hard to break, even if you lied on the test and said you were a raging sjw.

I'm not tripfagging on Holla Forums so I can act like a drama queen, pandering to Tumblr or doing interviews with Kotaku. I don't even have to do anything to be better than Yandev, since in the end neither of us will ever release anything.

Gamergay was retarded from the beginning. Claimed to be anti feminist while donating to feminists. And it just got shittier and shittier. What brought a lot of people here was moot cucking up his site after the fappening.

Oh good lord, it's a second exodusfag. Fuck off, you're the reason this site went to shit. I'm glad moot shoah'd your board.

Wasn't that confirmed to be fake? Pretty sure that shit is available publicly, due to a leak or whatever it was.

Plus as seen with OtherSide, Looking Glass turned out to be cucks, so they most likely consider Holla Forums to be "problematic".

It doesn't fucking matter. You said political opinion. If people get separated into groups that think alike, they'll act like it. You've got some problem turning the ideal that's in your head into a realistic scenario.

It's not even important to cross sides to circumvent the system, the system would be broken even as it's intended.

I just got done watching a video about how intentionally cutting down and condensing features made Thief a better game.
now here's a thread about Feature Creep Simulator.
heh.

sounds like bipolar tbh

Nah I came here before the first one.

It was, and in many ways still is, a work of beauty.

No, it did not. It claimed to be anti-corruption, while the majority of it's members were primarily anti-socjus. Everyone could see the way the wind was blowing as far as narrative was concerned, so there were moves made to donate to causes that they felt were positive for the industry as a whole while also co opting people and elements that socjus had injured.

Except no. Although there was a time when it was really bad because there was too much e-celeb masturbation and conspiracy crafting, it has long since overcome that.

best thing GG did was give a sandbox example of how mainstream media outlets conduct propaganda pushes.

That and it served as a good testing ground for cyber-intifadas and easy go-to example for what tactics work and what tactics just result in circlejerking and/or cuckoldry.

I'm a novice at C/C++ myself, but even I know that making nests of if/else statements is NOT a good idea. No wonder the game runs like complete crap. MikeZ was right all along.

Sure, as long as it's made in something other than Unity, like Godot for example. We need more people using alternative game engines.

Donating to TFYC was meant to piss off ZQ and her journo lapdogs. Besides, it was Holla Forums that came up with the whole idea anyway.

Atleast there's an user attempting the angered Skyline automobile post.

And couldn't handle people telling him to go shill elsewhere.

What is even the point if you don't have best dere?

Well, Mark claims he would ban him on sight. After all, EvaDev broke Mark's heart too.

Jew is as jew does.

Sure user but just remember to do it because you genuinely want to, don't do it to cater to us or for praise or any gay shit like that

Otherwise you're on your way to becoming yandev 2.0

Another problem is that he sees features from other games and wants to add them in just because he like them and not because it adds anything significant to the gameplay

Tossed EvaXephon's name in the Skynet search engine, was expecting Kiwi Farms to have the goods, or even ED. Wasn't expecting this:

prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/1896-yanderedev-evaxephon/

…I can see why Mark put out the fatwa on this con artist's gay ass.

Amplitude is cool in my eyes.

wew lad

Real code.

This. Legit good guys. Game is reasonably priced, DLCs full of content (latest one was a bit thin but next one looks sick as fuck), each improved the game and they priced it reasonably as well. Amazing soundtrack comes in mp3s with the game for free, they even made soundtrack DLC later on which ADDS new amazing music for cheap and comes with mp3s.

I like CroTeam. They make great and simple games for good price, not trying to be pretentious twats about revolutionary ideas, just really solid gameplay.

Dudes who made Witcher games are cool in my eyes as well despite the unannounced downgrade of W3 (everyone makes a bad decisions, so long as you don't make them all the fucking time like an asshole).

The people behind Shadowrun games are solid as well.

Holy shit
Mark gave him a second chance in the first place and look where it led us

Here's a few lines if you don't have twenty minutes to spare reading it all.

Nov 20 05:31:10 Everything I've worked on for months is now completely ruined
Nov 20 05:31:13 Most professional.
Nov 20 05:31:20 Heed my advice.
Nov 20 05:31:23 Actually, the stuff you've worked on for months is still there.
Nov 20 05:31:25 's just like one of my japanese animes
Nov 20 05:31:37 And now you know it could be better.
Nov 20 05:32:05 But instead of improving it by maybe TAKING some advice, or even just IMPROVING it, you're content to complain because it wasn't shiny and amazing the first time.
Nov 20 05:32:07 tl;dr if you're only making a thing for recognition, appreciation and fame instead of because you want to do it and see it bear fruit
Nov 20 05:32:10 then just.. what are you even

Never, the idea is that we use memes to mock others instead of constructing a coherent argument or joke out of them.

Nigga most of us gave him a second chance.

I was just trying to be cool I gave him a second chance too but I didn't know it was that bad

Upvoting.
Reddit wouldn't nearly be the shitfest that it is if it didn't have that. You might not get this user but most people here are free to act like faggots (and called out like you of course) but it's still all within the rules. There's also things like shadowbanning. The political correct quota. Generally the site is just another social media shitfest.

It's an advertiser's dream

I don't understand how two games generated that much hype

kernel.org/doc/Documentation/CodingStyle
hassanolity.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/the_c_programming_language_2.pdf

Follow these and you'll be good. Let the prophets guide you.

Teaching students to program, I swear they take this guide and do everything against it.

After this post I kinda understand why he left, but also why he got rightfully shat on.

That said, this board feels far more comfy than Holla Forums on 4cuck.

There's a dumb expectation and implication that Bethesda has never ever done anything wrong or bad within their existence.

With Yandev it's a huge circlejerk thanks to youtube spreading the game's popularity.

Didn't know about that.. Faggot deserves all the shit he got and all the shit he will get now that he's sold his soul to the normalfags and the youtube e-whores who just want a meme game to play for jewgle shekels.

Two wrongs don't make a right. What's more, one shit board doesn't make the site.
Holla Forums being a bunch of authoritarian bootlickers, it shouldn't surprise you when they're rulecucks too.

It went in various phases if so I recall, the first fit I witnessed was when he said in one of his videos he wouldn't have added more easter eggs/memes to the build while displaying one in the very video, and got mad when the discrepancy was pointed out. The second was when he made a video about how he hated receiving unnedeed emails (and I mean a 10 minute video) while he could have done it in a much simpler way. Lastly, the autistic blowout about the panties issue said

Also dumping the sourcecode pics

basically yandev is gayer than the fags straight outta sodom

Yeah, thats why you should use 80 character line limit and use tab indention (meaning 8 chars long). Anyone got an example of his code?

People could even use the Yandere chan model assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/12495

Look at

You faggots belong with cuckdev on reddit.

I think he asked on his blog with all of his youtube audience.

A note; the first pic is someone else's code that is much more optimized compared to cuckdev's clutter messy pile of shit

Sounds like he was trying to get the answer he wanted, so he didn't reach out the the people who helped him get as far as he did.

All I want is a game about a cute girl murdering people for love.

All Yandere Dev did was move further and further away from that simple concept.

Reminder that during the Bro-Team stream of the CON leaks, he actually asked Brote to search for "Yandere".

He wants the SJW crowd.

How many Else If statements until you should use a Switch Case?
And what is Switch Case?

Yes, that's wurm code. Yandev doesn't know what a switch is. The code also has way too few string comparisons.

He wanted to know if the CON artists were talking about him? Why?

hold up
hold up
what the flying fuck?

see fig. 3 in

tl;dr he got to a point he could make serious money if he disconnected from his roots so he dropped us off like a dumpster baby. Imageboards is why he got his fame and now he doesn't need em anymore.

I don't code but I am curious. What is a string comparison?

Pythonbabbies pls

Yandere-chan isn't even cute

Cuck-Dev, Cuck-Dev!!
You never fooled me!

A few.
It checks a variable once and compares its value like so:
switch(EyeColour) { case "white" do something case "blue" do something else

Cuck-Dev, Cuck-Dev!!
You never fooled me!
Also I feel like this should include worst things then just his face
He's got a lot more shit on him

if "thisisastring" == "thisisastring"
It's slow and there isn't a reason to do it besides if you really work with strings.
if "t" == "t"
Would be ok because one char is just a number but if you use a string (multiple chars) you compare multiple numbers with each other for no actual reason.

But it's not that bad if you don't loop over string comparisons all the time.

Makes sense. Thanks for spoonfeeding.

You'd be surprised how much shit actually trickles down from imageboards. It's not just reddit stealing your memes, shitposters are tastemakers.

Anytime somebody tries to talk about Yandere sim, no matter where they are, there's going to be one autist yelling "IT'S SHIT". That adds up to more than a few PR articles from the social justice journalism club.

As well as being slow, string comparisons have the problem that the compiler doesn't know when you mistyped the thing you're comparing to. Look up enums for a better alternative.

A string is a sequence of characters, like what I'm typing right now.
A string comparison consists of checking whether two string are identical.
Usually, you can do something like
RED = 1BLUE = 2if (color == RED) do this thingif (color == BLUE) do this other thing

Here I have told the computer that whenever I say RED or BLUE it should interpret it as 1 or 2.
This way, the computer is comparing numbers, which is much faster.
There's also the advantage of knowing whether you've made a typo, since if you accidentally typed "RDE" the computer won't know what it means because you didn't assign a number to it, and tell you there's a mistake. If it were a string comparison it would just decide that since "red" isn't equal to "rde" it can't do the corresponding action.

Makes sense, and looking at his code I can see how one mess up would take a long time to find and fix.

I've autisticly followed all o them yandev threads but I never saw this video
toplel

Oh, so that's why most comparisons in game code are done with ints or chars or just left to switch cases

Apparently he had some issues with SJWs in the past, which isn't surprisingly considering what a thirsty autistic virgin he was. He probably also expected someone from the clique to keep tabs on him since he's managed to become a popular indie guy without any influence from them.
Or maybe he's just getting paranoid from all the popularity.

This place is basically 4cuck jr anyway, so I don't blame him.

Hey, I made that WebM Reverend Horton Heat, Pride of San Quinton if anyone's wondering

I remember some user saying that while Holla Forums is incredibly hostile and contradictory at times, most times, we know what we're talking about generally. Certainly more then Lelddit. Yandev couldn't handle the banter and suss out the knowledge we had and ran to Lelddit who are yes men to a fault. They'll make the game suffer as they push him into the deep end trying to get as many keys on a ring to jingle.

If Kevin Dunn is anything to go by, once your buddy buddy with the boss then so long as you don't irrevocably fuck up, like say murder a prostitute, then you're golden. The spic is gonna stay till Toddler leaves and someone competent, or at the very least not friends with the guy, and he'll be out the door with the trash in the morning

He has also been in contact and had an interview with Kotaku

Yes, friend. You should totally return to 4chan then, I'm sure it'd be much more your speed

Here come that goy

oy vey waddup

Was it that long one? That one who blew up on plebbit?

Actually wanted to watch it again, but lost it, could you post it?

Heavenly god, what a cuck.

I take back what I said earlier, fuck this guy.

Never played the Alice games, but American McGee seems like a pretty chill dude.

It is indeed the wurm code, but I saved it like that for laughs

even if an user has no knowledge in programming i think it's pretty easy to tell it's not yandere simulator mainly because there's shield/armour/food/magic/miningtool/etc mentioned.

HOW THE FUCK?!
HOW DO YOU TIE YOUR CODE TOGETHER IN SUCH A WAY THAT YOU NEED A SWITCH STATEMENT WITH 201 FUCKING CASES!?
Can Holla Forums figure out in just fifteen seconds just what the lurking yandev could have done instead?

That's from Wurm, you numbnut. YanXephon doesn't know or understand switch cases

Never gets old

Wurm was coded by Notch, actually.

shake my head to be honest

The whole thing was just dumb
Well fuck you too, buddy. Hard to be enthusiastic if you're letting shit get to you like that

Oh, my bad.
So are switch cases still only doing a single comparison per run even if they have a hundred cases to consider? Yeah, I'm a fucking moron

I hope all of you now know what shame feels like.

I'm one of those anons. I didn't feel shame, I felt pissed off at the little shit. Name calling everyone for being so awful. Hope the door hits his little jew nose.

Then you learned nothing, and will make the same mistake when some other faggot comes along.

There people aren't ironically defending reddit.
Daily reminder that reddit is closer than you think.

I gamble with people. If I take everything in life safely it'll be boring and disappointing even more for me. Like I said, I'm pissed off at the gremlin.

That only works here where the consequences are minimal. Apply that logic outside and you're going to get yourself killed

Same. It's yandev's call if he wants to be delusional, not ours.

The reason I apply this risk is cause I don't trust anyone. This is why I'd rather gamble. If it's a bad gamble, I'll suffer. That's just how it is.

A troubled lad are ya? Unless you are some sort of death seeker that mindset is silly. Everyone likes to gamble a bit, I love gambling myself, but one does not go far by loosely taking gambles every time. You have to know where to take a gamble, and look for all the odds. I knew about cuckdev back in cuckchan, when his game had basically a couple of models and a few animations. After a bit of talking it was apparent that the odds were in favor of him fucking up, his way of discussion and him claiming that he started the project fueled by his hate of the skullgirls devs were giveaways. So I took a "gamble" on the fact that he'd succumb to the easiest vices of fame if his game were to grow in following. Turns out I was right. It's not about playing it safe all the time, it's about weighting the risks correctly and making sure the odds are in your favor

after watching the Huey scenes in mgsv, comparing him to Huey is pretty accurate

more like 5

With Yandev I didn't know much about him. I never visited half Holla Forums. I was a Holla Forumstard and I was mostly on Holla Forums on Holla Forums for a while as well. I didn't know much about Yandere sim or yanderecuck. If I was on Holla Forums around the Notch days I'd probably know how it would end up being. Yanderecuck's situation is kind of like Notch's. A lot of false promises and shit programming.

For me I try to go on a chance by chance approach. I don't know if anything will ever kill me but due to not having many friends irl I don't have much that can screw me over on that regard. That's why I take gambling more vigorously. I hate most of my family as well so there's not as many consequences. It's like gambling away when you're a millionaire and another when you just have a pair of pants. The loss doesn't end up being that big. I am planning on building up in my life but I doubt it'll be building up my social life, I'm not too interested in that.

wut?

isn't this what always happens with any developer who makes it even slightly big on Holla Forums?

they fuck off to reddit and then progress on the game becomes minor, stagnates altogether or otherwise

note: virtual novels dont count

Thing is, if you want to build up your life you need to pick up on social smarts. Like it or not you'll be dealing with a lot of people, so if you just take your chances without any prior thought you'll just lose and one day the risk will be big enough to kill you. As I said, it's a good mentality for a death seeker, but if you want to survive you'll have to know who is shady and who isn't, friends and family aren't the only people who can screw you over.

I'm sure he'll remove that soon enough.

Notch got lucky and made loads of money.

Usually the mentality is that friends and family are the ones that won't screw you over here. I've experienced the opposite. I actually do the gambling because I'm willing to see what a stranger would do in comparison. I will get social connections but they'll most likely be one-sided. I'll put up trust to a very small percentage of society. And if it kills me I'm just not powerful enough to handle the risk.

This motherfucker went to the Game Journo School of PR.

oatmeal cookie

That happens more often than not, but there are still exceptions

I wasn't really interested in Notch's game, but I don't remember him sperging out or making retarded design decision like cuckdev here

Yeah I know how it is, that's why I'm never completely open with my friends, I make sure to just tell them things I know are minor or can't be used against me. I know how family can be, but at least in my end we tolerate each other, somewhat. I think I understand your gambling problem too, it's the classic nothing left to live for routine. That is, taking risk after risk regardless of the odds since you don't lose anything in dying. It's similar to the death seeker, only less extreme. You can continue gambling like that, but be mindful that you'll eventually find a stranger that will put you in the direst of straits.

Notch at least had the decency to post anonymously and to leave and not say anything, in the proper anonymous imageboard fashion.

The horror

This is his current target audience now "oh my god he has fetishes"

I'm to go ahead and say that I don't believe that the Yandere simulator will ever be released, or at least as the stalker killer game we all want. If he does manage to finish it, I expect it to be an incredibly watered down ripoff of Bully, focused more on character drama and fan pandering instead of creative kills.

We'll just have to be satisfied with the Yandere simulator in our minds.

at least they aren't this guy. I still don't understand what has to happen to a person for them to see a white guy and think "oh my god, how would he even DARE be a white male? How can someone do this?" while also being a white male himself

Yeah, that site's filled with a bunch of holier-than-thou retards. They grasp way too hard to find lolcow material then just obsess over the tiniest little shit they find on people.

OH GOD NO, FETISHES!?

WHATEVER WILL WE DO ABOUT FETISHES IN THIS LIGHT-ERO-LESBIAN-GURO-SIMULATOR?

It's a meme "game". The only purpose for its existence is to be streamed on twitch and youtube, not to actually be a proper game normal people can play.

That shit went right out the window when the cuckold decided not triggering reddit was the priority. Dismemberment and wanton murder of underage girls is okay for the leftists hordes, but showing panties is a no-no.

They're more like Muslims than they like to admit.

But back to the game. It won't even be a watered down version of Bully. I mean, yes, it will ape some of its (RPGish) mechanics, as it does some from Hitman, but it will never be anything other that a shitty Hitman clone with one single environment to kill people in and pointless stat grinding.

I have a theory on breaking that apart. It'll take years before I can apply it but I will essentially try to tackle the problem in a pretty awful, to the point of view of an observer way. I'm not throwing my life away, simply making it so I can get away with this kind of gambling. I have nothing to lose but I have fun with the world. "Man can be destroyed but not defeated." I like that little quote. It says a lot about people.

Well I can't really argue that without knowledge of this plan. The ideal situation would be the one that lets you get away with your gambles, but pushing your luck is something I know exists. Still, whether you are defeated or not depends on your priorities, if you value your life you'd see getting killed as losing. I realize you're not throwing your life away, you are betting it away if you indulge in such reckless gambling. But as I said before, I've no idea of your master plan so I can't really call you completely insane or anything of the sort.

It might honestly be called an insane thing, what I wanna do. But I've learned that persistence is key in getting what you want.

Moments like these are always fun on Holla Forums. I've been noticing some major shitposting but anons like you make it all better.

Man is this a website filled with women like tumblr too? It sounds AND looks like it.

CUCK-DEV, CUCK-DEV!!
YOU NEVER FOOLED ME!

Thanks. Being persistent is a good way to achieve your goals, but no amount of persistence will let you swim an entire ocean on your own. What I mean by this is that there are impossible objectives, and the best way to handle those is either looking for a different approach, or in the worst cases looking somewhere else.
I like talking about related and unrelated stuff with other anons, since there is no real identity here the only thing of value we have are our words, whoever you or I may be is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is what we have to say.

for any anons looking to create another sim,recruit a small team with minimum of 1 codefag,disappear from Holla Forums until you have a working prototype,then people will take you seriously

I'm hoping that what I'm seeking isn't impossible but I can't tell how bad it is since it's something I don't know enough about. It's like entering a completely different world from the one I'm used to. That's what makes it so exciting!

Something like this, if you don't have a working prototype you should stick to the avgd threads and lurk there until you get something substantial

I can relate to such a feeling, but let's not overdo it and waltz into a death trap. Battles like this are won through research and preparation, at the end of the day winning is a more satisfactory outcome than losing, so try to at least have an idea of what you're doing

The things I've checked only make me wonder more. Philosopher's dylema perhaps.

It's like the SJW version of /cow/.

What is a for loop? It is like cloud gaming?
It's still terrifying to know that people can make a game with so many if-statements/case-switches

It probably wont even be Bully or Hitman in the end, just a mess from ideas from various forums that wont be put together in a cohesive whole.

Thats not taking into account the game still isnt in a half finished state, it falls into a case of implementing pointless ideas = progress instead of working with all you have.

what is the game made in? because if its that easy for a shit coder produce a game what am I doing with my life

nvm its unity

"I'm YandereDev! I worked at a video game company for 3 years, then left to become a freelance programmer and pursue my dream of becoming an independent game developer. In the past, I've worked on 5 console games (for Wii, 360, and PS3) and 5 mobile games (for Vita and iPhone)."

this is really surprising given that code

Skynet?

Gamedevs aren't good coders.

He never specified where he worked or in what capacity.

Jewgle.

He didn't say what job he had at said company.

Wasn't he QA?

Well that would explain why he can't code worth shit.

Leave it to a cuckold to lie by omission.

Fucker taught you whipped faggots to not suck every devs dick whenever they give you a tickle. Lesson learned. You pussies created a jewish frankenstein and you're STILL making threads about it, fuckers are more pathetic than sjews still bitching about goobergays.

Too obvious.
You were supposed to leave forever, YanDev.

Hi EvaXephon, how many emails have you read today?

To be honest, when I see shit like this I highly doubt he'll ever get it released. It's so poorly cobbled together that he's just going to give up at some point.

Yeah, I totally meant you're like them politically and socially. No way in hell I was just using them as an example. Try to read again, homeslice.

sorry I'm not circlejerking with the rest of you, someone's gotta call you faggots for what you are. Yandev is a fag, but fags need their enablers and now you faggots want to complain months after getting burned by said faggot.

You know what? I'm not even mad.
Frankly, we had this coming from the beginning. It's happened a thousand times and will happen a thousand more times.
A game dev talks about his game on a website he visits. People enjoy it. He posts it elsewhere. People praise him. His ego inflates to massive proportions and he forgets his roots. Eventually he cuts ties with his original community and panders to other people, despite the effect it will likely have on the game.
Sound familliar?

I'm not going to forgive YanDev for his actions, but I won't demonise him either. It's hard to have integrity in this day and age.
When normalfags and SJWs attack you constantly, it can be easy to see anything other than straight up ballshining as abuse.
That said, he could have definitely handled the situation better. I mean, what the fuck was he thinking? Pandering to literally 10%? In a game that already does the same thing elsewhere and also far worse. Dismembering a corpse is fine, but showing panties is awful? The game already uses panty shots as currency and has a nude model of Yandere-Chan.

Frankly, it was a stab in the back for him to curse us out and go to a website famous for being hated by this one.
Honestly though, I'd still welcome YanDev back if he'd just say "Yeah that was pretty dumb of my faggot ass." Even if it's just so this game doesn't go full Ace of Spades retarded. I was honestly looking forward to it.

You've been outed, just stop.

>Frankly, we had this coming from the beginning.
Nuh uh, nigga, you had this coming from the beginning.

This is just emberassing

Did I really need denote the sarcasm, or are you merely pretending?

Are you finished, my dude?

Are you…referring to something specific or did you just come here to make yourself known?

Who are you quoting?

Use your words, user. I know you can do it.

You've not learned a damned thing.

Something tells me this guy likes faggots.

I thought he made it optional?

Probably not, to be honest with you.
I just want to see the game made right.

That will never happen. Now uncuck yourself.

Oh man you've got me now.

Pretty sure that's bullshit, since IIRC back on 4chan Holla Forums when he was first fishing for ideas he claimed that he had never worked on a game before.

QA isn't working on a game, it's testing games.

QAs are the cancer of the industry.

Mostly because only retards do it. People go into QA because they lack the qualifications to get actual game industry jobs.

As YanDev so aptly proves.

That fucking part about Lady Boyle's party makes me so fucking mad. I thought I would piece it out from the info given but nope, as soon as you read about the clues the game gives a fucking tooltip like "LADY BOYLE IS THE WHITE ONE KILL HER YOU DOOFUS".

Gone are the days when the industry followed the motto of "by gamers, for gamers". Now they cater to normalfags.

WE LOVE YOU YANDEVII

The point was that
Makes it sound like he was employed at a video game company for 3 years, which is most definitely a lie.

As someone who is currently game deving, besides selling out and dumbing down what else should I avoid?

youtube.com/watch?v=jPqwDGXxLhU&feature=youtu.be about 15m in

The yandare dev was stupid, but who is surprised? People who like this kind of weeb crap with muh sexy animu waifus are usually thirsty drama whores who will sell out the first opportunity they get. See: moot, Hotwheels, the Skullgirls devs, etc. And they are supported by legions of people just like them who have been conditioned to accept shit as long as it has a pretty girl in it. It's gonna keep happening, lol

Really? I never heard this. Do tell.

They drank the cool-aid and retroactively edited and patched sprites so that there are fewer panty shots.

I really hope this doesn't become a regular thing just because some random chucklefuck didn't get to feel good enough back when the 'le cuckdev went to le reddit, dance thread' business was at its peak.

Well shit.
I mean, I knew about Parasoul's edited voice line, but that's the first I'm hearing of that.
Is there a way to patch them back in?

Doesn't Yandev packets the source code with the latest downloads of the build or whatever? It is very possible for someone to just fork the game from the current state and make something worthwhile out of it still. Before it gets inevitably paywalled by the fag dev that is

Those code snippets are from his stream, this shit's more closed than a hot girl near me

Good

And either way, with code like his you might as well write it all from scratch.

DATA STRUCTURES!
FUCKING
DATA
STRUCTURES
Learn some fucking double linked lists or something.

Ok, I got linked this by a friend bitching about Yandere Dev having "cucked his own vision"
And I'm looking over this and all I see are people bitching about minor changes and saying that it goes against everything he stood for
The only actually complaint I can find is that he's not that great at coding. Even though he seems to manage somehow
If anyone here can point me towards a complaint that actual matters, that would be cool thanks
And no, cutting back on the underwear mechanic hardly counts
I'm seeing stuff about changes to the combat system
Can someone articulate kindly explain to me the issues with the combat system changes. That would be nice, thanks

no.

No no user.
201 switch cases and 10 times nested if/else blocks does not mean you're "not that great at coding".
It means you don't even have a grasp of the most basic of basics.

And yet he's still managed to make the game work

this should be motivation for capable anons to not doubt themselves

"if yanderedev can do it,imagine what you can accomplish"*

* attempt to write good code,read a book on good code,avoid feature creep, be open to criticism

As someone who has been given formal training on coding, its quite clear to me that whatever YanD is doing, he's doing something right
Cause when you get down to it, its not about making your code perfect, its about getting something that works
The least amount of work, for the most amount of results

Yeah that is true,as long as it works and doesn't run like shit. Does it run pretty well?

I haven't heard people complain enough to worry
The odd bug here or there that gets patched eventually
Nothing out of the ordinary for something still in development

Like… It would be admirable if this shit was Scott Pilgrim or whatever the fuck but the whole point is you're supposed to be a psychopath. I mean fuck, even Mirai Nikki seems to know how to handle the general premise better.

Don't forget the part where they put a shit new game on kikestarter, got multiple extensions of their deadline which no one else ever gets, and when they still appeared to be underfunded before the deadline they suddenly got a big donation. That big donator didn't feel like donating the previous times the deadline was upon them, of course. And the new game is an SJWfest, nothing like what they got popular for.

The only people who play it are youtubers with beefy rigs, not the gorillions of kiddies with normal to shit laptops who watch said youtubers.

He made a post complaining about people sending him error reports because he couldn't understand them.

His coding is like a house of cards.

Late reply. It's evaluates the variable once and then checks it against each case.

Hi Yandev

I can theoretically make a nuclear reactor to work, but that doesn't mean it will run well.

user, please stop, you're making a fool of yourself.