What's with JRPGs with a complex battle grid and movement system...

What's with JRPGs with a complex battle grid and movement system, but the dominant strategy is still "approach and wale on 'em"?

Because jrpgs are for the lowest common denominator

Nice job showing you know nothing

I 100% the game and didn't need to use the evade command a whole lot, outside of one optional boss.

Seriously, it's like you can't even orbment.

You can't get by most fights without proper use of skills and buffs unless you over-level. You can beat all of those games without having to grind.

Evade? Do you mean Defend? Do you even know what the IP bar is for? Did you ever use a Critical to keep an enemy/boss from using a move? Or one of your Moves to push them back on the IP bar? Also first Nep game isn't like the others.

It pads the gameplay length and hides the fact that it's just an empty shell.

Evade is the command to run away, but it's hardly ever used. And "yes" to the rest of your questions.

I'm trying to say that the grid serves no purpose and that a FF-style left vs right layout would have served the game just as well if not better.

I don't understand the pic.
Neptunia will never ever be good?

Escape is the command to run away…unless it's different in the EU version. You are not helping yourself. Running away means running from a battle not evading an attack.

More over, it's not a grind based system.

grid*

I have no idea what you're trying to say, but I figure you want a response.

Positioning is key in a lot of these.
Gotta spread your people out so the boss won't hit you with attacks that hit multiple people, usually in a circle AoE. You can also dick about and bait enemies to gather together, blowing them all away instantly with a skill. Which is always lovely.

Here is a grid based system

heh

If you grind enough you can get through everything by wailing on it. It's a nice little path for people who are retarded

I don't mean run from the battle, I mean move a character position. It's called Evade and is in the same menu as Endure. A pointer is displayed to show where the character will go. And on that note, the game pre-selects a limited number of possible locations for Evade, and all of them are so far away that "Evade" might as well be renamed "hide in a corner".

Here is the Tremor move. The way the animation plays out led me to believe the battle map is a hexagonal grid. Even if it's not, my complaint still applies.

Because JRPGs are very simple games for weeb simpletons that masquerade themselve in a superficial layer of complexity by overwhelming the player with systems and numbers that are, in the end, utterly meaningless and everything can be brute forced by grinding and crushing your enemies with your overleveled animu toons.

JRPGs are gutter trash for waifuslaves.

video games are dumb

Good to see we've officially achieved cuckchan levels of post quality.

This. OP, I'm sorry these japanese waifu games for children aren't giving you the proper challenge and mental stimulation you require. Maybe you could try learning an instrument, or classical sculpture, or amateur robotics, or building a car from a kit, or basically anything outside of pushing buttons you meme'ing fuck.

It's been like this for weeks now.

I'm not saying the games aren't challenging, I'm saying I noticed a pattern where the movement system is tacked-on.

the worst is when the scaling is off, so the early game is fun and youre encouraged to use all the nuances and mechanics but by late game even without doing any grinding you just brute force everything sprinkled with a few buffs here and there.

shouldn't it be getting better now that school has started? Could it be people who cry summerfags are the shit posters we're all so wary of?

Cuckchan has better posts than this place.
You're suggesting the post quality here has improved. It hasn't.

Then go back, Pedro.

OP, I'm not sure what to tell you other than you're retarded. Shit games don't use the grid effectively if they have one but otherwise positioning is key for games that have one. Grouping your units together could be an awful idea for AoE thrown by the enemy, or it might be good to lock your opponents units down so they can't attack your mages.

we were doing well a week or so ago but da media attracted a new wave of underage Holla Forums

Most of em suck, that's why.

Final Fantasy Tactics made great use of a grid system.

Yeah, su-sure user, it's been only weeks a-ah ah, it's not like it's like this for years or anything.

It's just that user started browsing a few months ago :^)