What's your go-to character when you start a new RPG and don't have a good clue on what kind of character to create...

What's your go-to character when you start a new RPG and don't have a good clue on what kind of character to create? Pic related, I like playing heroic tactians who completely outskill their opponents.

I roleplay as my ideal self, then use what I'd found through the game to make a fuck you op build ad play a complete fucking faggot who pranks everyone.

wizards because utility

D O R F

Faglord is not a class.

At least use the image of someone who didn't fuck everything up for everyone

I play myself because I'm not a faggot irl. The only thing I fix is my shitty hair genetics and I give myself a stronger jaw. As for class, I pick a jack of all trades. The more gameplay mechanics I can utilize the more fun I'll have.

a man of refined taste

It is a race though. See: Elves

The equvalent of pure wizard: 1hp, 1 melee damage, all the magics

we wuz wizzardz

dorf

race traitor

In /tg/ shit I like to take on the crooked preacher role. In DnD I multiclassed rogue with cleric. In PF I played Inquisitor.

So if I have to pick between slippery-dickery or miracle-magic, it usually depends on the game. But if I can do a bit of crossover here-and-there, I usually will. Even if it means not getting an optimal build.

It's video games

Good taste. I always try out Lawful Evil monster race wizard (even though I rather play without alignments), if the DM is lenient. Currently playing a Worm that Walks and it's a blast.

Whenever I play tabletop RPG, these kind of people tend to be huge faggots. They are more numerous than anyone would like.

Roguish swordsman who doesn't really care about anything besides personal gain and excitement. Because I've mainly stopped giving a shit about being a good guy when most RPG stories are pretty grey or vague with their character's reasons or ambitions as to why they do shit. Or somehow they let an SJW or two get involved with the writing.

I'm best motivated by anger or revenge in an RPG story.

What allows me to smack things with a hammer and cast holy spells at the same time.
That's always what I look for. If that doesn't exist, then generic warrior.

Berserker with as much Strength and Dexterity as possible.

Are we talking mystic Knight or paladin?

Dick ass rogue, Jack of all Trades.

Set up shit so I fight opponents in ways or locations that they are exceedingly uncomfortable or awkward in.

Depending on the limitations, that can mean a Spellblade or a Victorinox weapon master.

Either way. I generally lean paladin because that exists in most games but I'm fine either way.
I just want to be able to hit shit with a stick while also channeling god.

Couldn't that also mean druid? Actually, why is there never druids with plate armor / military grade weapons?

Shit yeah I forgot. I also want to be wearing plate armor.
And druids are dirty hippies. Don't want none of that.

DORF

Also if it's possible, a magic archer.

No, that would be griffitfags

Elves are life. Elves are love.

Now excuse me while I go create perfect hybrid offspring and a new Master Race

My man.
Butt his real class would be artillery

Mage or Archer because they are the most overpowered shit in literally very Game. Preferably as a hot girl because i want to be a hot girl

I can play faggy underpowered swordwielders in the next playthrough after i learned all the mechanics of the Game.

The best of both worlds.

Elven beauty, dexteritly, longevity and magical affinity
Human resillience and drive.

You know I'm right

Oh he's a faglord that one is.

This is not how it works, according to Holla Forums. You won't get a mix of traits, and instead, you will get some unholy monster that has somehow generated thousands of negative traits (uglyness, short lived, dumb, magically inept, lazy). But the worst of all is he won't know whether to follow Elven or human culture.

Perhaps I recognized your attempt because my go-to character is basically Guts, as in any class which allows access to two-handed weapons. Of course archers or any other kind of ranged character will be more powerful eventually, or I should say easier to play as, but melee classes always offer the best way to learn about the game's basics.

Well, I couldn't expect different from an ugly dwarf

I see the problem.

But that's real life user. The whole point of vidya is to provide a fantasy world, in this case a world where mulattos are somehow not shit.
t. a mulatto

If it's class based I generally go for things that are mobile or can move things around, failing that a crowd control class.

If you mean in character creation I always make a really and huge neckbeard guy.

I make my wizards tall and emaciated.

If the game only has premade classes i usually pick the mage.Otherwise i make a warrior that can cast support & healing spells(I know it sound like a paladin the difference is that my character can pick unholy magic like summoning,curses and debuffs).

If it's /tg/ I like playing a drunken fuckup of a wizard. I could never get into trying to be a serious wizard so the drunken fool is best

I am mixed race as well and other than being lazy as fuck (just like my father), there is nothing wrong with me. You have just listened way too much to the guys who insist that there is something wrong with you, and that if you think there isn't, you are clearly lying

discworld is best fantasy series

Paladin.

smashing evil and smashing elves.

I am wrong about everything and am a stupid idiot

t. 6b8d73

When I first play an RPG I usually play a sword and board soldier who wears heavy armour. It's the boring standard but I enjoy it and sometimes it turns out to be the best class. Then I look at the magic system and decide if trying to play a mage is going to be fun or an excerise in frustration and wasted potential. Sword and shield mixed with some magic for a paladin style character is usually my favourite though, I love constant sustain so I usually like to use any kind of regen or self healing build that lets me be a self sustaining juggernaught who never falls.

O-oh, I just realized. Guess I will go kill myself right now.

OLD MEN
SAVING THE WORLD
And then I play as a cute girl in my second playthrough.

DESPERATE

i like to make unbeatable warriors
pic related is my ideal character
this approach works great for me in mount and blade

Wouldn't the genetic master race be a hybrid of all the races?

No. We all know the genetic master race is far beyond the human veil, outside this existence and in the next plane. Birthed from the Elders themselves, they play their trumpets to the tune of destruction.

That sounds gay.

Red eyes white hair ripped with a big sword.Don't ask why.

Why?

You sound gay.

get out griffith and cut your damn hair, If you realize that a man can grab you and lob you head-off clean, then you not a "heroic" tactician that you thought to be.

Guts is mai waifu

mediocre

Wouldn't you want a waifu that can carry you around?

shouldn't you be the one carrying your waifu around? in your case you'd be the waifu.

exactly

Big guy with an axe, preferably two-hander, preferably orc, with berserking skills to compliment. Typically tradition bound, doesn't go back on deals or switch sides, isn't above dirty mercenary work. Finds smithing a soothing hobby, but is a born fighter. Will inevitably enter a monogamous relationship, have sex in the missionary position and have multiple children, even if it means giving up his life of battle to be a smith or farmer.

At least post the slightly less faggy Kaiser Lohengramm if you'll post Chinese cartoons.

Which is exactly how it works in real life, genetics isn't an RPG trait system it's far more complex than that and often just mixing two random groups has a far greater chance of negative permutations than positive ones.

Nope.
Only the best traits of the best races.

Do you want the dwarven dirtiness, fatness and facial hair on women?

Griffith fights with a saber or rapier against opponents in full armor. All the nutrients went to his hair, not his brain

I usually like monk-classes. Able to hit things hard and fast, but wearing practically no armour. I also like the generic warrior, hitting things hard and wearing a lot of armour.

In the berserk universe armor is practically nothing. It regularly sliced through even by the average grunt.

This is one of those aspects in which you can quickly see science can never get stuff right on the first try.

Try to find (pretty non-neutral, since you won't usually find them outside of extremely conservative sites such as Metapedia or Storm*) articles on the negative effects of miscegenation, and you will find an equally similar amount of studies on how it is actually positive. Unless you simply disregard the latter as Jewish studies, which would be the easy way out, you will realize most of these social studies are stupid and non-reproducible.

It's more or less like all those studies that tried to find a correlation between racism and intelligence. Some studies confirmed racists are dumber, while others confirmed racists are about as smart as anyone else, while other studies confirmed racists are more intelligent than their non-racist peers. Of course, one of them has to be true, but which one is it?

see

I see you are a man of refined taste as well

Apparently it's made from tinfoil

High defence and high alpha damage, preferably.

FUCK YOU

Well, you can make your own study, based on your own observations.

What are the most racist boards on 8ch?
Holla Forums and Holla Forums.

Is 4chan or Holla Forums more racist on average?
Holla Forums.

Are Holla Forums and Holla Forums regulars more intelligent than other boards regulars?
What's the average age group of the regulars?

Are people on Holla Forums more intelligent than people on 4chan?
What's their respective average age group?

Once you can nail down this information you can figure out if racists are stupid or intelligent on average.

ebin downvote post.

You would have to define what a regular means in the context of the study, and what to do with crossboarders that browse Holla Forums and/or Holla Forums regularly along with other boards.

Imageboard-bound internet citizens sounds like a pretty biased sample, unless it's specifically that population that interests you.

But what if they're Christian elves?

Are Christian elves allowed to become lewd nuns?

Shame pure monk in tabletop always just seems to be a confused mess.

If unarmed combat is viable, I am obligated to make my waifu. Otherwise I like to make cute lolis and/or other 2hus.

Why even live?

A warrior with no magic. All he relies on is a solid weapon, a bow, items, wits and guts.

I don't see why not!

Then they'd be arguing why we need to accept orc refugees

Wrong. Use the intelligence gifted to you by your white parent to lead the nogs to paradise in .

Most American blacks are mulatto anyway so you're probably not even a quadroon. France had a quadroon general.

Are you sure? Who is she?

No fucking kidding. It's bad.

I'll tend to go Sword and Board in most games. So I suppose that's the Warrior/Fighter class.

i love playing as a massive cunt who's really stronk, way of the samurai 2 did this bril, you can tell the little girl who saved your life to fuck off, and 5 seconds later tell some other fat cunts to fuck off and beat their shit in, it's gr8 fun

Pic 2 is amazing. Really, really good. I can't exaggerate how much I love it.

I like to create old men on my first playthrough. Class doesn't matter but in Dark Souls 3. I liked the idea of a battle hardened mercenary

That sounds like it would be boring to play, a tactician means you make plans or tactics, so you would be on the sidelines during a fight or battle telling other people what to do.

That's basically what you do in any strategy game.

I mean in a tabletop RPG

It matters even less on the tabletop.

Within 6 months?

i make a trap

Dorf's can lick my hairy feet tbh.

That bagpipe was higher level of hell to inflict on your team mates.

The pibgorn literally made people's ears bleed.

As for general RPGs, the concept of a burglar/thief/rouge which literally trolls people to death using debuffs and stuns is sexy. Also usually great for PvP because of stuns…
Bonus points if they're motivated simy for the lulz.

Plate armor is for pussies. Monks are where it's at.

Imagine how much more orcs stink to them, with Elven heightened senses.

What ever class lets me go hand to hand combat only

Because Donte, lol.

I see those pixels. Source?

I don't have to user, everyone just assumes it.

Dorf warhammer and shield meat-tank, damage resistance out the ass whenever possible

A KNIGHT WITHOUT ARMOR IN A SAVAGE LAND

this is great

REMINDER

I make sluts

Ok I have to ask. I could never get into the metal gear games since it seems so jumbled like There is solid snake but he is some kind of clone or something and then there is liquid snake as well which is a copy and something about foxdie and nano machines that makes them grow old?

Could someone give me a breakdown of what the hell happened in this franchise?

Fusiliers, arbelists, and archers, in order of preference, are the classes I gravitate towards the most.

Plinking the enemy with a piece of cutting-edge projectile weaponry is good fun.

just like, play game.
Start with Metal Gear Solid or if you can stomach it, Metal Gear 1 and 2.

Is there a game where I can play as Rakshas?

To give it to you as simple as possible, John/Naked Snake/Big Boss is the first snake, covert ops hero, stops cold war from escalating to WW3, considered perfect soldier. Defects to create autonomous mercenary state due to allies wanting to clone him. They clone him anyways and create Solid Snake/David/Iroquois Pliskin/Old Snake , Liquid Snake/Eli, and Solidus Snake/George Sears.

All that clears up is clone confusion, still doesn't clear up the entire wacky clusterfuck of MGS' story. Play the games.

Shit.
*John/Jack/Naked Snake/Big Boss/Vic Boss

Also Punished Snake/Venom Snake/Ahab/Big Boss' Phantom is a brainwashed body double that Big Boss used to work in his stead while doing undercover stuff.

What the fuck.

Thats just sounds like clones of clones of clones and wacky retarded plot.

How can people keep track of this shit lol

The warrior/berserker with big, totally impractical weapons like greataxes is rarely not fun. Sword and board is boring, very few games get magic right and rogue/thief/ranger has never appealed to me.

Its mainly a way to use the same face for different characters. They tried a different MC in MGS2 and people hated it. Originally it was just the MC and the main antagonist who were clones of each other in MGS as a "you are not your genes" aesop and just took off from there.

Rogue with background in alchemy.
Utility master, basically.

It isn't really that bad. All those /'s were just aliases that the characters have gone by. There is one original, Big Boss, three clones of him, Liquid, Solid, and Solidus, and one brainwashed double, Venom.

MGS will seem infinitely convoluted when explained to someone that hasn't played it himself, and it's pretty convoluted to people who've played through it once, and people who have played through multiple times can understand the convoluted half baked story labyrinth no hate I love MGS just telling it like it is.

Ah I see. I played a couple of them but it really does force you to play from the very beginning. Thats not really a bad thing but at the same time some of those games were more stand alone yet in order to understand what the fuck was actually going on you needed to know everything else it seemed.

BLOOD, DARKNESS, COME UNTO ME

Sword and Cutlass pirate type character. Even better when I can use bombs and explosives (or combine it with wizard for fire balls)

*gun and cutlass

Okay, now find the character and playstyle that is opposite of your favorite on this thread and use that for your next playthrough.

OP you are scum, and probably a faggot as well. You probably enjoy this healthy and heterosexual gif.

Generally some kind of mage with utility skills
Pure wizard

15 years ago, during the mandatory "tough guy wannabe" teenage years, I made nothing but "Grizzled middle-aged veteran soldiers with scars and a hard attitude".
Then I realized that was a stupid idea when every game with non-customizable characters already had those as protagonists or supporting characters.
Now, in rpgs that allow full character customization, I play weird shit like pro wrestlers determined to prove the superiority of lucha over the forces of evil, or mentally retarded, "STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON" gangsters who have no capacity for anything other then popping as many buffing items as possible at once (doping up), and then firing blindly into the enemy with a ranged weapon

Warrior classes.

You can't fuck up swinging a sword.

Oh ho Judeau.

He's just a better character objectively, newfriend.

The trick is to avoid being hit in the first place, scrub.

How sad that most of tabletop DnD DMs prohibit playing monks because they are unbelievably OP.

Monks were a mistake. If there is one class that needs to be purged from D&D, it's monks. They are shit and don't fit in.

If that was true, they'd also be banning classes like wizards and sorcerers. I believe monks are usually considered incredibly underpowered due to their Multi-Ability Dependency and low selection of weaponry available to them.

Hello Monte.

I usually start with something tough and durable so I can learn enemy patterns, then go after them with finesse based characters.

Monks are pure shit in D&D. It's meme to pretend they are worth anything.

I never implied that. I only said that a game with Monk banned is a game with a blind game master.

I would like to know where I can play some table top with some buds, maybe online

I do a spellsword of some kind if possible.
If not I just max out on niggery diggery

Big dick weapon weilder, two handing hammers and great axes when possible with HUEG armor. Why settle for anything less than smashing everything into submission? Barring that, Hammer/Axe and board with chaotic neutral tendencies, or dickass crossbowman with roguish tendencies when possible.

user please.

I never have played a later edition than 3.5. Monks have it pretty good there. Lots of guaranteed passive abilities, all resistances are by default high, a reasonable hit die, the flurry of blows skill tree with unarmed and monk weapons, and most importantly, low dependency on the quality of equipment.

*resistances → saving throws
*skill tree → ability tree

It's an original work of some drawfriend. A variation of a popular meme, newfriend.