What games deal with a semi realistic apocalypse or destruction of modern society like the fall of the Roman Empire

What games deal with a semi realistic apocalypse or destruction of modern society like the fall of the Roman Empire.

By that I mean Energy shortages due to oil reserves running out, Climate change, ocean and water acidification, ect causing the collapse of modern society.
Hell even the refuge Crisis might turn Europe into a hell hole if it continues for another 20 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

geoengineeringwatch.org/chuck-norris-a-government-cover-up-of-epic-proportions/
therightstuff.biz/2016/02/07/trumpus-gracchus/
archive.org/details/msdos_Gateway_1992
archive.org/details/msdos_Gateway_2_-_Homeworld_1993
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0272771410002167
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2025, Europe will die.

Mad Max

This

Racists BTFO.

Oh or the idea of technology replacing 95% of peoples jobs so most people live like filthy peasants while the top 5% live like futuristic they are from a different species.

Europe never existed.

Not every country is Germany and not every country acts like Germany. Couldn't the same be said about niggers in the US? Or maybe the muslims in Canada.

Fallout's story on society is pretty neat. It's a fairly plausible story too. Literally the US being Jews as always and the rest of the world not caring anymore and letting China try to do what they can. Since that doesn't work out China just nukes the US out of spite. All since the US stole the last oil wells that were within Chinese sea.

You're forgetting that this is years after Europe had already been practically invaded. Just because they're closing shop now doesn't mean there aren't already millions of mudslimes currently in the countries.

Sage for not vidya.

Stalker.
The Last Of Us, but you wanted a game, so…
Not gonna happen.
Doesn’t exist.
Cyclical and natural occurrences.
Nothing there is real or would cause collapse.
Invasion.
The dune coons in Europe are going to be slaughtered before 2020.> Energy shortages due to oil reserves running out, Climate change, ocean and water acidification, ect causing the collapse of modern society.

Typical.

I'd rather think the world would get fucked over an economical crisis. You can kill Muslims but you can't kill loans. In that way, countries like Greece are in a perma fucked state and it's just going to take a single country in Eastern Europe to develop at big speeds to fuck them over. I'm simply not someone that worries about refugees. They use my county as a passthrough to Germany. And that's if the refugee hunters or border patrol don't catch them first. The only group of refugees are in the capital and that's all sorts of complicated since there's gangs, drug addicts and drunk people at night. I'll say it again user, not every country is Germany.

Yes it does
Source

It's called forgetting debt and wiping the slate clean for a fresh start.

As long as Russia and the US exist, doing that is pretty tough for my country in its current state. At least we're not tied down to Israel like others though. The Jews hate us even though we helped them during WW2. Ungrateful kikes. Hoping that in the next 10-15 years we cut ties with European countries and just use the European union as a diplomatic excuse and just do diplomacy with Eastern countries. Heck, my country is fucking helping ISIS. They did a single terrorist attack in the largest airport here. And it was a few years ago. The only people that died were Jews and a single Muslim.

Holy shit you are a retard.

The fucked up part is that the forced immigration welcoming will eventually pasteurize another regime.

Why does this link to mlp when I search for the source of this image, user?

Real life

Because that's an MLP character, user!

As far as I remember, STALKER never talks about life outside the zone in any meaninful way. Although one would have to imagine that the happenings within the zone (and the artifacts) have had major consequences in the world.

I kind of like stalker how it is though, what happens in the zone stays in the zone. Adding the outside world (or adding women) would just ruin it

What really bothers me is that no one went up to gulf countries and had them taking in refugees.
Because gulf countries(or at least the UAE) are actually very multicultural and they have shittons of money(cops have high end sports cars, every building is unbelievably extravagant, air conditioned and whatnot), in fact most of the emarties(I have no idea what to call UAE natives) are really rich and most of the working class are people from various parts of europe, america, middle east and asia.

I guess it might be because some living prices there are stupidly high(to the point that some people live in Sharja and work in Dubai and they have to travel between the two cities on their work days) but god damnit they're all incredibly rich and they'll fit right in with the arabian culture. So why isn't anyone calling out Saudi Arabia and the gulf countries on not taking in many refugees? Shit if Egypt can do it and they've been in the shitter for the past few decades why can't they do it

Tiberian Sun

Mad Max is. People think that the world ends in nuclear hellstorm in it but it's actually an oil crisis which leads to the breakdown of modern society that does the mad max world in.

That's because the majority of the "refugees" come from Afghanistan, not Syria. The ones that come in Syria are jews that aren't accepted into those countries simply due to being too jewish about it. I know that Saudi Arabia only cares about its own people too. That's why they're heading to richer Western European countries at any rate, since those are all about bullshit equality where the minority is treated better than the majority.

Don't worry Trump is going to bring back jobs. All those factories will be reopened! We're gonna deal with the Chinese (whatever that means).

I've been to the rust belt and it's depressing as hell.

There's Rage and Fallout New Vegas, lots of factions or groups trying to replace the old world with theirs.

Stalker has been mentioned but I'll expand upon it. It's not an apocalypse in the conventional sense; the outside world is 'fine' and it's doing what it's currently doing.

The Zone is cut off and become a world within the world, so while there is some outside influence (Duty is rumoured to be getting cash and weapons from outside) it's a unique setting anyway.

This is a mistake mods make; I've seen people go "Well I put the gun prices up to these amounts because that's what they are on the internet." Missing the point the Zone is outside that world.

Fuck's sake, I keep forgetting to account for the preview box not being the same as the post box.

Somewhere in mad max I think it's stated that everywhere else aside from Australia was reduced to a nuclear hellhole.

What Trump does and doesn't do is irrelevant. His purpose is to move the Overton window to the right. When was the last time someone in the West won an election on a platform that basically says "We need to get the brown people out!"?

Yeah, but the Zone is constantly growing. Each time someone makes a wish it becomes larger. Duty has a point when it views it as a dangerous phenomenon and that people should stay out of it.

They're a paramilitary organization funded by the government most likely, considering how aligned they tend to be with what the military is trying to accomplish (keeping people out, and especially out of the center of the Zone).

Also, you have those foreign mercenaries, likely funded by a Western power trying to get stuff from the Zone out.

In the intro to the Road Warrior it is very heavily implied that the current state of the world was brought about by a nuclear war between Russia and the US, born from the stresses of resource scarcity.

Irrelevancy has its benefits

Solar flares are a reasonable possibility too. On their own I doubt they'd destroy society permanently (3-5 years of crazy shit at least) but you could easily propose a scenario in which every country takes the chance in the chaos to settle regional disputes. Certainly the normal peace-keeping nations are surely the ones who will be hardest hit.

Wasteland is a classic.

If a 2 degree change in weather over a decade is enough to cause the complete destruction of society then that society was doomed to begin with. Even if 'global warming' was real and cumulative this planet experienced massive swings in temperatures while our primitive ancestors thrived on it.

The real threat is that of geoengineering to use weather as a weapon gone wrong. Here's what Chuck Norris has to say about it:

geoengineeringwatch.org/chuck-norris-a-government-cover-up-of-epic-proportions/

You realize this would make it the fastest and most devastating event in earth climate ever known to earths history outside of possibly the deadliest extinction event right?
You realize how fucking huge a 2 degree change in only 10 years would be right? I am not saying that is how it is but you are an idiot if you would blame human society for not being able to handle literally the worst thing to happen to earth in a billion years if temp could increase so quickly as a constant 2 degrees over only a few years.

Of course not. Most countries aren't still under occupation.

What's the best game that lets you play as a mohawked bdsm bandit with a pointy stick, assaulting random villagers?

Aside from HnK mouso?

Not gonna happen, reserves just means what's currently economy viable to extract, when prices skyrocket due to reserves falling low, suddenly a lot more oil gets pushed into reserves because it becomes viable
For example fracking, which needs oil in the $65+ range

So oil becomes more and more expensive and the amounts run lower and lower causing either a physical or economic shortage.

at least we get a new apocalyptic setting for vidya

thanks europe

not necessarily

Not that long ago we had record high prices, and now we're looking at potential record low prices

Now if you want to argue long run, then yeah, we will eventually run out of oil provided we don't find a way to synthesize it, or move to another energy source, but you're looking at a several century span
People have been saying for decades that "next year it's gonna all run out"

Local antifa group.

Unless there is infinite oil or we find ways to artificially create it in a good manner it is literally impossible for it not to be this way.

I'm pretty sure you can already synthesise it from coal. Certainly the Germans were doing a lot of that in WW2. Granted that's just moving the problem onto another finite resource.

Yes. Considering how little investment is placed in space colonization the current human society deserves to be completely destroyed for its lack of purposeful resource allocation. It's so dysfunctional that it isn't likely to survive obvious and present dangers.

That's a very good point and I really wish /pol was smart enough to make it.

Trump does bring change. He's not gonna solve shit but it will make Capitol Hill look like it was in 1859 just before the Civil war.

It won't get you your job or middle class status back but it'll be a fun ride.

This
I expect no visible change, but a definite "line in the sand" between left and right and a lot more fracturing
sage for off topic

It's calculated that by about the end of this century it will run out. It's a much bigger problem than you think.

The thing is that political battles are fought with demographics these days. If trump loses, the US will be flooded with immigrants who vote overwhelmingly democrat, leading to the right wing being incapable of being in power any longer. However, if immigration is halted to brown countries, and those here illegally are deported (thus decreasing the increase of anchor babies substantially) demographics will be firmly in the right's favor, as right wing whites breed substantially more than their left wing counterparts.

Yeah sorry for bringing politics into this. I'm just bored.

It's weird that nobody seems to use their brain in this election. If America is going to economically blockade China or put tariffs on imports the rest of the world WILL react.

And then we have a trade war.

Are you meaning microbe destruction? How coldhearted of you, user! ;^)

At least someone here isn't a racist with a narrow worldview.

But thats not his platform at all, You sound like all the faggots calling him a racist. Enforcing US immigration laws and not importing people en mass from wartorn countries where terrorists can easily infiltrate isnt the same as mass deporting anyone darker than a Sicilian. Trump's platform is putting the needs and safety of citizens first and foremost, something that you think would be common sense in the government, but apparently not in [current year]

My edgemeter has exploded right now.

Trump calling Mexicans rapists isn't smart if you need those votes.

And then we have Hillary who calls Trump supporters deplorables.

Politicians really are stupid this cycle.

He is right though. Mass extinctions are natural occurrences, although they are stochastic, not strictly cyclical.

Illegal immigration is really easy to solve.

Fine every company that hires an undocumented worker.

You don't need a wall for that.

Personally I don't see how cracking down on illegal immigration is going to make America great again, it's not gonna bring back jobs or solve poverty.

It's a small problem blown out of proportion.

Let him rewrite all atlases, won't we? I think not.

Hellmoo

No love for

RAGE

? ? ?

You aren't really being told what happens outside the Zone. Judging from the book "Roadside Picnic", the world outside is being changed too, albeit more slowly.

Bring back jobs? no. But it can alleviate poverty. Illegal immigration drives down wages and force lower class citizens to compete with people who will work for next to nothing. Its a losing game for someone trying to get ahead since a citizen has a minimum wage they can earn and an illegal doesn't, effectivly giving business an exploitable servent class. It always suprised me as to how liberals would unironically advocate for illegal immigration with the whole "they do the jobs that americans wont" schick which is essentially advocating for the exploitation of a group of people, but honestly its nothing new to them

Is that creature a woman? Or some "genderfluid" freak of nature?

Nukes were exchanged but as an empty gesture after everyone had lost control and it had all fallen apart. Just as a final fuck you to everything. It wasn't the cause of the end of civilization, just the nails in the coffin of its corpse.

It's not a person, it's an Antifa.

Holy shit, beating up an antifa would probably make me feel bad the night after. It would be like beating up some retard.

See my point? These people are clearly below sentience.

Not sure what you're talking about, there are alot of leftists who hate Israel. If you're talking about controlled opposition in general, I'm sure if you grabbed a random ISIS member, they'd be anti-Israel too despite ISIS's overall stance toward them.

On a micro scale, possibly Spec Ops: the line?
The destruction of Dubai will probably occur in any worldwide catastrophic situation, and although the crisis is contained in the city it is a good representation of how most cities will turn out.

Not the best example, just one that hasn't been mentioned yet.

The overton window aspect of Trump's campaign is frequently mentioned on Holla Forums, rarely outside of it.
A historical comparison has been made between Trump and Tiberius Gracchus, a moderate reformer in the Roman Republic who campaigned to bring jobs back to the middle class and end the "bread and circuses" welfare state in the cities.
The historical comparison is unfortunate because Tiberius was murdered by a coalition of senators who stood to lose everything with the reinstatement of the middle class, but that just makes it more accurate. Two assassination attempts have already been made on Trump's life, and more will follow.
More about it here:
therightstuff.biz/2016/02/07/trumpus-gracchus/

alla awkbah xd xd xd

Funny how even Polish Antifa is somehow less faggoty than western ones.

Not here.
These people are constantly fighting anyone right-wing aggressor and we have a lot of right-wing nationalistic football fans.

The post apocalyptic genre is oversaturated with Mad Max rip-offs, to the point that no other scenario seems possible.

But especially if you go further back than the 80s, you'll see that most of the space age stories actually started with the idea that space exploration had followed the destruction of Earth.

There's 2 text adventures based on Frederik Pohl's 'Gateway' series, whose first chapter had a very keen sense of dread to it. The rest was stupid space operas. Just the premise felt very vidya. Rejects from the impoverished, overpopulated and stagnant Earth were willfully volunteering for a deadly experiment: to try and figure out the working of the machines from an alien starship graveyard. Science couldn't make sense of the ship's technology, but they were willing to sacrifice a few to do.

People would use the ships, and get credits if they survived: the luckiest of them, would be transported to far star systems and record data which would be used to triangulate the navigational systems. The kill ratio was staggering, people died from starvation or radiation or never came back.

meanwhile germany's football fans are showing refugees welcome transparents on stadiums

thats cuz
and

The only semi-realistic apocalypse around here is your goddamn face.

I wish there were a game that let you assassinate corrupt media moguls, and defend your country from antifa by caving their heads in.

You can play them in the browser now:
archive.org/details/msdos_Gateway_1992
archive.org/details/msdos_Gateway_2_-_Homeworld_1993

As far as we know, the world outside the zone is perfectly fine. Scientists go into the zone to study it. STALKERS enter the zone for funsies and money from collecting and selling artifacts.

user, if you look hard enough you will find places in every country where their world already ended. The only difference between first and third world is whether those places are the exception or rule.

Typical Republican scare-tactics. Nearly every organized terrorist attack since 9/11 has been foiled by Homeland Security and local police. The only mass-murders going on in America right now are people born here that go on shooting rampages.

Take a fucking course in climatology.

It’s abiotic.
AGW doesn’t exist; we’re not doing anything to the climate and the world is cooling, not warming.
ROAST IN HELL, LEFTIST
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0272771410002167
Reported for being a liberal.

allahu ackbar my friend

Funnily enough, they look equally as stupid as neo-Nazis.

Nope. Learn your climatological history.
Too easy, user.
Try 20,000.

sauce please

Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light

Underrail

generation what on youtube

dont know which vid though maybe something with migration or state

Fate of the World has the world going to shit on the worst case global warming scenario.

Pretty good, then.

I'm glad that (((XKCD))) has been able to (((correct the record))) about global warming!

A new form of cuck

Ahh it's been a while since I watched any of them

Agreed, I can't believe racists still exist in the current year.

Minus the dark ones, of course.

Does that shirt say BURN ISRAEL?

I thought it was funny they added the nuclear apocalypse in the second movie because people couldn't wrap their heads around society collapsing without NUKES WHOOOOA.

Did you ever see a country go to shit because of global warning? Now did you ever see a country go to shit because of an economic crisis? You should know at least Greece and Venezuela from recent news.

Why yes, there's no need to worry about terrorists entering the country because we strong surveillance laws to keep us safe. Perish the thought that maybe we shouldn't have a country occupied by a dark age doomsday cult that believes in the global imposition of theocratic law.

You mean state-propaganda?

So no research should be funded in anything ever because scientists can manipulate the data?
How else are you going to learn about or understand natural phenomenon. You're saying that the model predicted in the 70s is incorrect so then how should we create an accurate climate model if we don't fund research on it?

Climate change is barely a factor in any world event, at-worst it's a merely a mild anomaly of numerical statistics, more-than-likely it's fucking nothing. It's significance is heavily exaggerated to be used as a crutch for corrupt forces to gain and justify their power, scientists are paid-off to agree and the idiot masses lap that shit up because they love how it tastes.

By stopping stealing money from taxpayers for a start. If it's their money earned by them, they can do whatever. But as of now, pro-climate change market money is around 500 billions worldwide, while being skeptic against it is a crime in Canada. The model from the 70s was pure swindling.

And this is what I don't understand, we go and use this fucking bullshit to impose a carbon tax on fucking taxpayers, who don't pollute the air at all compared to businesses, and even they don't have much impact, and then Turdeau dumps millions of used water in the Saint-Lawrence and it's IT'S 2015 COME ON, it's like you guys believe in global warming, but not in local pollution, get fucked.

It's almost as if the world needs some reason to justify the massive human population movement that is coming in this century, and to place the blame for that movement at the feet of the "correct" people. Go look up a map of which countries are predicted to be most affected by climate change in this century. Now look up where the population increase is set to happen. The endgame is already upon us.

It would be a capitulation to gift the institution of science to the Jews simply because they have influence on it already. Do you want to live in a world where the only non-commercial research is that which is funded by the likes of Bill Gates and George Soros?

That's right goy, make sure those mean scientists don't cut into our profits! Don't you know that what's good for industry is best for everybody?

The shekels will trickle down eventually!

Irony will be no defense on the day of the rope

What do you mean? Public science funding is stealing money from taxpayers? I agree the carbon tax shit is bullshit same with watershed pollution. But how can you definitely say there is no climate change if you refuse to research it

Nobody denies that climate changes, just that human effect on it is negligible and not worth getting fucked up the ass with carbon taxes (which big businesses will be immune to). You're letting politicians and their corporate masters shit all over your face and asking for more.

There isn't really any good way to show a collapse beyond everyone starting to shoot each other

Reported for obvious kike shill.

Reducto ad absurdum, faggot. Kill yourself.

Reported for obvious kike shill.

Because I’ve researched it and all data we have ever collected proves it doesn’t exist.

Legit retarded fam.

Thanks for correcting the record!

You have trouble reading don't you?

Alright, then why say that only this data can be manipulated when any data in any scientific experimentation or observation can be manipulated by the scientists running the tests. Why is it that only this one is susceptible to corruption?

also
Where the fuck do you think we are you braindead faggot?

Where did this meme come from? Its all chinks and sikhs here, not muslims.

Almost all projections on both CO2 levels and temperature that were modeled were way above the actual results. It was actually pretty hilarious to see barely anyone manage to create a model that had a LESS drastic outcome than the actual results, which suggests either climate change being real but vastly blown out of proportion or climate change possibly being fake.

You seem upset tbh fam.

Caravaneer is set on a climate change post-apocalypsis

smh

Urban decay is also a theme in Hotline Miami 2 but I feel that its importance is diminished by its artistic choice to make exteriors a purple void so we can't see streets, lawns, or sidewalks and the action is the majority of levels might as well be taking place in isolated pastures outside of Jacksonville or in hilltop villas overlooking the city of Tallahassee if not for the expository text that tells you what street in Miami you're on.

However, in spite of this weakness: I find that it has a very realistic depiction of a Communist takeover scenario. For the most part, people's lives seem to be unchanged in this Soviet puppet state but there's a couple of things missing. The game proper starts with a Halloween party but Thanksgiving and Christmas are never mentioned and no decorations for either holiday are ever seen. Maybe the developers forgot about those holidays or perhaps they deliberately omitted any mention of them to signify how the American and Christian identities have been undermined with political correctness and state-enforced atheism.

Most scientists didn't expect the ocean to eat up so much CO2 which at first seems like a good thing but it is actually a bad thing. It means the ocean is fucked now too.

Perhaps Halloween fits the aesthetic of Hotline Miami more than the goddamn turkey day?
I mean, Jacket is basically trick or treating in HM1.

Increase in temp plus ocean acidification trends say otherwise.
Even if it is all fake peak oil means we should be taxing people and looking for alternative energy sources any ways.

If you idiots weren't so scared of taxes we might not be so far in debt.

Reported.

Because we’re not discussing manipulation and it can always be uncovered. And it has been. AGW is not happening.
A place where kike shills don’t get to lie without being reported.

I love this matter of fact style of posting followed up by nothing but ignorance.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about your reports, you child. Why don't you announce how many cocks are in your ass, too?

And then there is this shitposting faggot who can't stand being out of his hugbox.

Or maybe the fans represent the pilgrims coming over to America to shoot all of the Indians while the Son represents an Iroquis getting his revenge by scalping the pilgrims?

Or maybe Manny Pardo represents Santa Claus judging Tony to be Naughty and giving him a face full of "coal" (and by that, I mean lead).

I'm glad you see the folly in looking too deeply into hipster indie games.

Thanks for posting one of the only images that are related to my request.

What I want to know is where does Kwanzaa fit into all of this?

bout 35

Half of them think that Vaccines are bad despite all evidence of them being bad literally was started by a Jew trying to sue medical researchers.
No one is more blind than the man certain he sees all.

This isn't Holla Forums you don't get banned for disagreeing.
Anyway we are probably having an effect on the environment, the effects however are debatable and the overall impact is probably many times less severe then liberals make it out to be.