Alright so aliens come to earth and ask you to show them how humans game...

Alright so aliens come to earth and ask you to show them how humans game, but their own backlogs are pretty full so they only ask for 5 games.

What 5 games do you give them? They don't have to be good games.

Depression Quest
Gone Home
Sunset
The Witness
Life is Strange

Nanking are the Niggers of the cosmos hopefully the aliens will show mercy on mankind and put us out of our misery

Web I meant mankind but whatevs

What the hell, I wanna get onto their alien games

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
System Shock 2
Antichamber
Skyrim
Minecraft Story Mode

I want them to get the full spectrum of good and bad, and a half-decent selection of genres. There's a great RTS, a great FPS/RPG, a decent puzzle game, an aggressively mediocre and incredibly buggy RPG, and a steaming shitpile of a non-game.

EDF
Aliens vs Predator
Doom
Starcraft
Deus Ex

look man I'm not gonna let you submit that because the aliens won't be happy about how we portray them.

Not sure that's gonna go over so great user.

Persona 1
Persona 2
Persona 3
Persona 4
Persona 5

skate 2 >

You motherfuckers watch this video and you watch it now. Tetris might not be your game, but it's the most important one to show to aliens.

What the fuck is 2x? For the PSX?

Minecraft
Superpower 2
Knights of Honor
Europa Universalis 4
Terraria

2x as in the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2X exclusive to the microsoft's Xbox because the xbox has TWO X's

God Hand
Stalker: SoC
Serious Sam
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy
Deus Ex.

Well shit, Xbox emulation can't come soon enough then.

Well then what do I give them? Destroy All Humans? Halo? Dead Space?

Destroy all Humans
Alien Isolation
UnReal World
Dorf Fort
Touhou 14

it's actually just thps2 with and x on top

Being that we're talking to the aliens I can assume that the language barrier is not a factor. I'm also assuming that they want the cream of the crop, not an accurate portrayal of the average video game. So:

Tetris has to be in, for the reasons already explained in this post and TGM 2015 is the most recent and up-to-date version of Tetris, with the highest skill ceiling, but keeping Tetris's incredibly low skill floor intact.

Of all the puzzle games I've played, I find Antichamber the most memorable. It achives this through a combination of a nonlinear style, an unusual set of mechanics, puzzles based on your perception, and some interesting inspirational messages, and has the additional benefit of perhaps giving some insight into two things that are less represented in the game industry, but are still a lot of fun for humans: exploration and departures from reality. Oh, and the uncluttered visual style is also pretty universal if you happen to be a three dimensional being, so that's a nice bonus.

Specifically, modified to remove the cutscenes and allow you to play the last world on Trauma difficulty (though you can only play Trauma after beating Nightmare because playing with the souls first is the only way you'll learn to miss them on Trauma. Also you'll miss cards on Trauma). The story would probably just be confusing and stupid to aliens, and is completely unimportant anyway. IMO, Painkiller is pretty much the cream of the crop in terms of FPS ultraviolence. Does that paint humans in a good light? Maybe not, but blood and gore in our fiction is a big thing in our culture and video games are no different. This game is probably the best way to experience that. Oh, and it's dead here on earth but I assume that they might get some use out of the multiplayer. It's not bad multiplayer either.

I'd have to consult someone else to choose the last two because I want a complex and well built RTS and something highly story-driven, possibly an adventure game, neither of which are my area of expertise.

Minecraft
Dark Souls + DSFix
CoD 4
Morrowind + stability, graphics mods
Maser of Orion

If ayys are anything like us they've probably done the exact same with their own vidya, games about killing humans who fill the sky with weird flashy shit and then come down in flying saucers to probe their cloacas along with the few deviants who wouldn't mind such a thing

Doom 2
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
Super Mario World
Pokemon Crystal
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town

what are you some kind of alien loving scum?

Are you trying to get them to kill us all?

Maybe he's trying to get them to think we're all hyper-empathic pussies, so they're drastically unprepared to do battle with the real us.

Fuck off, chink, and take your lack of empathy for your fellow man elsewhere.

Ayy Lmao

Didn't you read? Yes, he is.
It would be a mercy kill.

Humanity, fuck no!

Jackie Chan please go.

They tell you that their planet is also infested with casuals and wanted you to do the same.

sakura spirit and those mgs pachinko machines

Im with you

MGS1
MGS2
MGS3
MGS4
MGS5
In that order.

very confusing

Better the gene pool, and kill yourself.

Tekken 3
Ketsui
DOOM (with modern sourceport)
Deus Ex
Ridge Racer R4

yakuza 1 through 5

EDF