What the fuck is this?

What the fuck is this?

Friend is looking for something to play and wants us all to join him in this. I tried Destiny a few years ago but what is the big deal of this? it reads like it was made to pad a huge content gap at random.

Anyone play destiny still to know what the deal is?

Did they ever make it fun? or is it some Halo 4 tier garbage?

looks like DLC

Bungie is dead to me, and daily reminder that they were planning to release Destiny 2 this year.

Rise of Iron is basically a stopgap for Destiny 2 next year. Supposedly a new raid and some story missions. Probably not a good time to get into it, best time was The Taken King. Though I think they have some deal where you get all the expansions and main game for 60 now.

I didn't buy into the hype ever and only played it with TTK. Destiny is actually pretty fun as long as you don't expect much. It has solid gunplay for a console shooter but that's not saying much.

psn seems to be offering it for 30 if you ever had the game on ps3 and want to get everything on the bloodborne box i purchased last year.

I'm told that Destiny now is far and away a superior game than it was at launch. If you played it at launch for some stupid reason, you might want to give it a spin now and compare. As far as I'm aware there's nothing else even vaguely worthwhile multiplayerwise for the PS4 coming out soon.

im surprised how single player and rpg focussed the rest of CURRENT YEAR is

lmao

I went back into Destiny when The Taken King was added. I think the PvE gets dull after a while, and I enjoy shitting on kids in PvP. Despite it being a console shooter, it could be worse. Keyboard and mouse support would make this game far better, but the weapons and movement have the right amount of weight.

Also if you like making sci-fi fashion out of armor, I recommend it for that too.

I had more fun with Warframe than Destiny, and they're both bullshit grindfests.

Warframe felt more floaty to me, but the booty ridiculous. Grade A Irish repellant.

I wonder why they want to make a sequel, did it just not work out well after launch?

I assume to just cut off all the ties to ten year old console hardware limitations.

Yeah but Warframe had all those sweet acrobatics and shit, sliding around and running on walls slashing shit with a giant axe. Better guns too. And yeah, some niiiiice ass in that game.

I didn't play Destiny much but it just felt like CoD with different planets and nicer aesthetics.

I was too autistic in war frame. they let me stealth with bow and kunai so therefore i had to perfect stealth each mission i could.

trips

Now

Unless you're very bored I wouldn't bother, I'd just wait for the sequel.

I think that the base game is now available as a free download in place of the demo as well, if people haven't tried it at all. If you don't like the gameplay in that, don't bother buying anything.

I'll get right on that fam

Outside of being console shooters loved by console casuals, they're not similar at all.

What's the difference? Just felt like a standard FPS game with a nice aesthetic.

Destiny is Borderlands but even shittier.
There are many shit games out there, but not all of them are CoD or one of its many clones.

At least Halo 4 has a story. Destiny only has lore that you have to unlock and read through an app or Bungie's website.

They made a lot of money

More like "CoD is like Destiny". Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare have the "super" system.

they all feel floaty as fuck skyrim-tier

This topic and the fact that Destiny's still getting content/support is the biggest surprise of the month so far. Thought they tapped out a few months after The Taken King.

Its an expansion being made by the b-team while the a-team works on Destiny after the gigantic fucking disaster that Taken King was, we need to thank them and appreciate them for finally adding things like private matches in PvP.

Also they shut off clan features till the 20th, dear god what will people do without a name under their gamertag/PSN name, those poor souls.

I heard Taken King was supposed to redeem Destiny, was that false?

I played destiny once but couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do. I can't just believe all you did was run around shooting shit in some boring dungeons. I mean, that can't be all it is, right? I just don't know, honestly. I'm not memeing here.

No it's because they're under contract with Activision to make a trilogy. So the faster they get the trilogy out there and get Activision's money made, the faster they can make something actually fucking interesting.

It has the best feeling shooting mechanics of any game I've ever played, and I used to play competitive UT99 when I was a kid.

It's a 10 year contract

As bad as it is it was good fun while it lasted.

Not worth 60 bucks sure but I think I could of done MUCH worse.

If you really want a shitty grinding game at least play Warframe. Then you won't have to spend anything and you'll probably forget about wanting to play shitty games for co-op

DLC for a shit game. Are you blind or something?