So, I bought Shadows of Mordor for 20 € for my ps3, so the game looks like pure unadulterated shit...

So, I bought Shadows of Mordor for 20 € for my ps3, so the game looks like pure unadulterated shit, and I found the game pretty interesting… if it actually had more sustance. 3 or 4 days after buying it and I'm near 100%. I'm trying to make my own decent orc army but it is starting to be boring searching for a decent orc to turn into a warchief.

So… how can I make the game more enjoying as it is lacking a lot? Is there any other game where I can command orcs and do orcy stuff? I've heard there is a sequel coming, any news about that?

You really can't. The problem with shadow of mordor is that someone out there feels like he was trying to make a really fun game through the nemesis system but it ended up as some halfassed color coded enemies tier system and everything else in the game was just bland and nothing worth talking about. I mean shit, Brand, the most fun ability in the game is locked until the second chapter.

Exactly that's the problem I found. It could have been a great and fun game, but it's so empty… It's like having a really tasty sandwich, but after the first bite you notice there is only bread.

Just play it until you get bored then uninstall and don't play it for like 6 months.

Then come back when you remember it exists, and reinstall and start from the beginning.

Been doing this pattern since it came out, and I'm still enjoying it.

The key is to quit and uninstall right when you start to get bored.

I actually started a new game a few days ago.

I'm probably on my 5th play through and I've never gotten to the point where loading it up makes me sick.

I've noticed that they'll occasionally make an update here and there and add new traits for captains, so that's fun.

So… you can't do a new game +? I just want to start branding from the very beginning.

Also, as I said, I bought it for the PS3

I can't remember, but I never do. The buildup of regaining all the skills helps keep me interested.

I see… I guess there are no other games about being orcy and rule over your orcs?

Can't think of anything with orcs, but if you want to lord over an army of monsters, you could try the Overlord series, 1 + Raising Hell + 2 are pretty good.

Though that's more like lording over a band of gremlins than orcs.

Oh shit, just read that there isn't no new game plus. What is with all those shitty open world games and not even getting the option to restart the game with skills you already developed? I don't want to wait hours again to get the fucking branding when there are 3 or 4 missions left before the game ends.

If you like RTS, I'd highly recommend Warcraft 2.
Stay away from WC3, though, it's shit.

I kinda liked Warcraft 3, but I'm looking mostly for any new game. I'm sure I already played most of the old ones.

I guess we won't play a Shadows of Mordor where you are an Uruk raising your own army because you got a ring or something and you are ready to tell Sauron to fuck off.

Well there's dungeon master games, and others of the genre, such as Impire.

What kind of stuff is it exactly you're looking for?

The ps3 version does not even have the nemesis system. Go pirate the PC version at least

I guess you mean Dungeon Keeper? and yeah, played those and loved them. To be honest I don't know, probably something where you play your character but you can also recruit and manage your own gang and army?

I just wanted to talk about how shitty yet how much wasted potential Shadows of Mordor have and wondering if there are similar games where you can do action yet you can recruit people.

The Wii one is pretty cool too.

Its called Assassin's Creed Brotherhood :^)

isnt that one mgs like that? I never played it but i heard there was a mgs like that. pretty cool idea too bad mgs is extremely autistic

Doesn't the PS3 version run at 15fps and not include the Nemesis System (the game's main draw)?

Two of them, Peace Walker and Phantom Pain.

Unfortunately I think anything like that is always going to basically be a facebook level sidegame like in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

it runs so poorly on ps3 I took it back for a new copy that wasn't scratched and the guy says "oh, they all do that" so I got my money back.

There is this PSP game called Undead Knights where you raise zombies to fight for you. Its not that great but maybe it'll scratch your fancy.

Ripoff series. The harry poofter of it's time.

Yeah, it runs horribly, loadtime everytime I hit pause, the textures not even loading. Also the music gets bugged and plays it nonstop, even in cutshots.

I already have both, enjoying it pretty well but now I'm tired of Phantom Pain because I reach the point it isn't even funny to do FOB events and need days to do even the littlest thing.

I think it does have the Nemesis system… how does it work anyway? because if I had it maybe the game could be more bearable.

All the captains but a few die after finishing them, not even getting back.

Git Row