Musou games

I know they're practically all the same, but which one is considered the best one? Is there one that really stands out?

My personal favorite is Samurai Warriors 3. The loadout system was great and there were some surprisingly engaging storylines in there. It was also the first to include big finishers. However it has no musashi.
On the whole though, I'd say DW8 is the best in terms of content and polish.

Spinoff wise, Hyrule warriors was fun but it has too many frustrating elements to really qualify for top tier. Didn't play other spinoffs.

I really love samurai warriors 4, heard the expansion/sequel was crap though, can anyone confirm?

I want to have SEX with this pink haired bitch.

SW4-II is an Xtreme legends expansion, without the base game, sold full price. Also the only SW4 version on PC. That's all that really needs to be said.

I dont get you user is the game good or not?

I'm not sure how much more eloquent I can be, man. It is a DLC pack sold 50 bucks. A DLC pack without the full game. It is free battle mode and I think six five-mission campaigns, one for each new character. I'm rather afraid that's it.
Good or not isn't really the question here. 4-II is a cruel joke.

While not a true musou, Hyrule Warriors has been breddy fun.

That's the truest musou. The recent one's let you do all kinds of crazy ass shit, but lacked meaningful challenge. Hyrule Warriors, oddly enough, managed to have a meaningful challenge and be fun.

Also, Zhuge Liange is my nigga.

Take your benevolence back to tumblr, Liu.

bump.

Giant bosses are not meaningful challenge.

Well except Ganon.

Why would it not be considered a true musou?

It's not a musou if it doesn't have miles of dialogue about ambition.
Gameplay wise it certainly is one

I see.
I've seen it mentioned a few times as a good game, so I was wondering if someone would say it's the best one.
Personally I don't care about Zelda at all though, so I never really considered playing it unfortunately.

Oh and they apparently announced a Musou Stars at TGS. I'm not really impressed though, at least from what they showed.

Well, HW was my system seller and I certainly liked it. It had some good ideas, the adventure map was a fairly solid mode, and it did a good job at making it zelda.
That said, it's the poster child of a "first in the franchise" that direly needs polish and rebalancing. The most egregious issue is that link has like seven fucking movesets while most characters have one moveset and a fuck you. Second most pressing issue is that most of your damage is at the mercy of RNG. The counter system (after a certain move, the officer/giant boss has a wheel popping up over their head and you have to attack him to fill it, whereupon you do a very damaging attack) is fun at first, but in endgame where everything is an atrocious damage sponge, it's pretty much the only way you can do proper damage. Again, the counter pops when the boss wants it, not you, and some bosses make it pop once in a blue moon.
Third issue is everything about Lana.

I only enjoyed Samurai Warriors because I could make my own characters and make my own history of japan.

I've been curious about 4 because you can make children I've heard, but it didn't came to my country it seems.

Lana blows but Cia is the shit.

But user, since they are a Samefag you get em both for the price of one!

literally no reason to get hyrule warriors in that case. get any other mosou.

Well, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate really stood out for me, despite the fact that they released they pulled a Street Fighter 4 and threw in a little extra every release.

Also I want to have lots of SEX with HW zelda.

Trinity Souls of Zill O'll was really fun and the story was really good too.

Hopefully the new Berserk Musou.

As of right now? The newly announced Musou Stars.

Did that pic you ate taste good 8ch?

you know its easy to forget just how fucking fast guts is actually supposed to be considering his huge sword.

mildly excited for it.

I feel that Pirate Warriors 3, even if you don't like One Piece, stands out as one of the best Musous in recent memory. The variety between characters really helps keep it fresh; it's a little too easy though in the long run.

This game is going to be so shit.

There's nothing but a lack of power in everything.

Asterix Musou never ever

Disgusting.

Specifically, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2.

Is Reborn any good? The only DWG I've played is 2, can I play as best pilot?

idk about this, couldn't we get something like WO Empires?

I'm told one of them was really bad. Which one was that? I lost track of how many there are.

I don't care about Zelda either, but it's a good musou game anyway. Only thing that hampers it a little is some of the gimmicks looking at you, Zant.

I've loved Zelda since I saw her in the LTTP manual. She's gotten more beautiful with every game. Her HW model is stunning,

3 was the bad one. It literally only had 6 different map layouts with different skins placed onto the layout (Did I say that right?)

Reborn is great and yes Ridden and his Zaku II are in it.

I really wish they would've done a WO Empires or some kind of super remake that updates all the games and stories 1-3 plus the prequel story from Ultimate with all existing characters plus others that never made the cut like the characters from Trinity Soul's of Zill O'll plus more Atelier characters and Toukiden characters; maybe even a few more mystics

So Dark Souls and Dragon Dogma remain the best berserk games for Guts experience.
What a huge waste of time.

I played it and felt it was the worst musou I ever played. There's just something really tedious and slow about the gameplay, and the hyper attacks being the same thing across all characters isn't helping at all.
Maybe I'd have enjoyed it more when I was younger and still liked one piece, but it's the only musou I ever dropped early.