This drives me up the fucking wall

this drives me up the fucking wall

did teenagers translate this shit ?

the way to say that is " I couldn't care less" " I could care less" means YOU CARE , have more fucking room to not care.

fucking hell.

this fucking game "fetch quest the game". I still haven't gotten a skell yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commutative_property
youtu.be/EAYUuspQ6BY?t=107
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thats what you get for playing nip games

Did teenagers write your comment?

Worse then that. SJWs did.

It's called a Doll.
I dropped this game pretty quick.

Lost me when it ditched all the previous lore. Xenoblade took place during a Zohar phase transfer experiment, which is why the Gods look like fully biological and mechanical versions of Deus.

Are you surprised? Pic related, Treehouse is salty when people are better at their jobs than them. Japanese food puns are always blatantly obvious, they have to be inept to not realize shit like that.

no going to lie there is a lot of tits and ass in the game. there is this one boss fight were the camera is is moving up and down her body for about 2 mins. as she is walking to you.

That image is satire btw

If it was satire that would imply they are self aware.
If they were self aware they wouldn't be as terrible as they are.

Have you started learning Japanese yet?

What were you expecting?

What for?

I hate when you want to talk about an anime and sperglords all chimp in about how it's different from the manga. Well, yeah, it should be. If I wanted the story from the manga, I'd read the fucking manga. There's nothing wrong with the anime telling an altered story in the same universe.

Seriously?
Maybe if they make sure to set that expectation with the viewers and add a subtitle.
Otherwise fuck that. Plenty of people just want to see the story they know animated.

So you can get a job at Nintendo and push out a good translation.

Holy fucking shit YES.
Everyone in the piece of shit sounds like they are typing in face book, it makes me want to fucking kill myself.
The game also has a tn of problems too, I would like to know what the hell happened in development.

You aren't part of the clique. They aren't going to hire you.
If anything, the fact that (I'd hope) you've spoken out against the practices of Treehouse and the rest of the industry clique means that you are blacklisted entirely from the industry.

Nintendo is dead inside.

They must have been scraping the barrell with their hires because a lot of the treehouse staff don't seem to be able to understand japanese at all, or else they wouldn't need a dedicated translator during treehouse streams

It doesn't matter if you aren't part of the clique, claim you are bi, claim you are 1/6th inuit, they can't check that sort of shit, use their retarded ideology against them.

It's just winter

Quinn fucked her way into the spotlight. They'll make you prove it. Those beardy white men take full advantage of their positions.
Are you retarded? Ancestry is easily fact checkable.
Yeah, good luck.

they can't make you prove it that's sexual preference shaming

ancestry isn't that easy to check you stupid fuck, and it's even easier to blur the lines, claim the father on your birth cert isn't your real dad, they can't check that shit. that cracker ass white chick played a nigger for years and she was blatantly white, and it took forever for someone to actually check that shit and she was in a role that was built around her being a nigger.

If I lived in the US i'd be taking these tards for everything they are worth. lazy fucking clapistanis

No it doesn't. Learn english and stay out of it until you have something to say.

Now now you two, play nice.

There was one mission where some guy wants to to collar xenos for "education". I was joking with myself about how it was time to purge the xenos, then my quest marker took me waaaaay outta town, I became suspicious. When I went to the mission area he was surrounded by alien bodies and giving them a choice to either jump off the cliff, or get shot in the face. You have a chance to interrupt but I let that fucking kill everyone because I hate this game so much. This shit came way out of left field I felt like.
Now why is this important?
Its because the shitty translation makes every one a fucking airhead, saying thing like
Im not kidding about that line, this is how the fucking people talk. Like the only literature the fucking mongoloids that translated this shit consume is twitter and facebook. The entire tone of the game is ruined because of this.
This vessel can no longer contain my rage.

You're really going to hate it in 20 years when this is held up as an example of good localization and literacy standards fall ever further.

OP GET BACK IN HERE, I'M NOT DONE BEING MAD YET
Then theres this other mini boss fight at the end of a quest chain about god and shit thats ALSO TERRIBLE. So you kill mini boss and she's all like crazy and shit. She starts dying and begins to go on about her hand doesn't work, and is this her blood and it hurts so much and blah blah blah. But instead of being able to write good dialog they just DO IT IN CAPS BECAUSE SHES YELLING,BECAUSE YOU KNOW, WRITING IS HARD. Because they are idiots, holy fuck I'm going to karate chop a nu-male in half.

under most circumstances employers aren't allowed to check and asking questions about it is illegal

Is this a reference to Ampho bombs? Can't think of what else it could be.

Playing devil's advocate here for a second, so don't sperg out.
While the original is obviously better, I suppose the reason why the misnomer became so popular, besides people being unable to differentiate homophones, is probably because it implies you care so little you couldn't bother with caring to begin with.

And that is why I didn't buy fire emblem fates. There were other reasons but that was THE reason.

No, but my biennial tradition of watching through One Piece to the point I stopped reading the manga and reading the manga from there resulted in me picking up at least three dozen words this time.

I also got a stupid joke about an origami frog as a charm to return safe in a book I read once even before I got to Water 7 and it makes the same joke

So maybe I might this time. I dunno. I wanted to learn German for a long time but there might not BE a Germany in a decade or two.

The game is more of Hey lets put this robot on a stick and wave it around for you for 7 hours of griding aimlessly

Oh man did that robot feel good I bet it did

Now lets make the text hard to read for every dialog box

They should see what happens when video games transition into manga

Why is everyone retarded except me?

I only ever seem to see Americans make that mistake.

The point in the first image is that the localization team can't even write proper English.

Was this written by schizo user? It seems pretty short and its not his style not to go into long winded rants about absolutely nothing. But what was written is just as confusing.

That's the general level of what to expect from Americanizations of Japanese video games. If you're going to play a game, play it in the original language, always.

16 years ago. I regret nothing.

How did this become a thing?

The irony is as thick as Anita.

Simple. People who do a terrible job of localization are allowed to continue doing it, and are using their position to continue pushing the idea that the consumer is always wrong and the industry is always right.

It's just another extension of "If you hate our three color-coded endings, you're a bigot!", "If you hate DLC you're an entitled piece of shit!", and "If you hate DRM you're a ridiculous fool who needs to get with the times!"

IRA memes

That excuse for literal retardation needs to fucking die. If it's sarcasm, it's the worst use of sarcasm you can possibly imagine. The only reason this awful excuse has become popular is that it lets fuckwits defend other fuckwits when people with semi-functional brains call them out on being stupid. "I could care less" is so stupid an expression that it tells you that whoever uses it has no understanding of either languages or logic.

On the topic of retarded phrases, how did 'same difference' come to be a thing? I've actually had people try to correct me when I said "same thing" and say I should be saying "same difference".

Same difference doesn't even fucking mean anything, unless you're comparing two differences I guess.

If A and B differ in colour; and X and Y also differ in colour, then the difference between A and B is the same as between X and Y. So it's the same difference.
Well, it's a fucking idiotic phrase. Are you surrounded by niggers who want to look educated?

Don't forget MonHun X's foreignization that tries to push the idea that improving at a game is a horrible idea and you should always be a shitter baby who gets carried in multiplayer.

I don't know about the schizo you're talking about, but I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if we've got our very own spergkraut equivalent on vidya.
Regardless, my point was just that it might be used as a sort of "double negative" to up the magnitude of the expression, just like one might say "I don't fucking care." instead of just "I don't care.".

I agree. I'm just trying to come up with a reason as to why they're using that particular phrase, since it doesn't seem to be a case of confusing phonetics. Then again, as far as logic goes, I did say they might just be implying it, which fits nicely enough if you wanted to use basic propositional logic.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commutative_property

It's an oxymoron. It's basically saying there's a difference but the difference is trivial.

Why aren't you learning Nipponese?

But I am. I've just fucked up my daily schedule and so only learned kanji for the past month. But some 20 minutes and I start to actually memorize grammar for a change.

That sounds rad as fuck but I still don't have a clue what it means.
Is the artificial destiny emancipator the thing they used to stay alive? What's the Logos? Why are they going beyond it? Fuck.

As a matter of fact yeah, the only ones who said it went into social sciences.

m8 I don't think they can even do long division

Shit translation aside, what worries me more is that there is a lot of marxist wank material in the story that is so central that it must have come from the original Japanese.

That and just the general decline in the quality of the story and how it was told. Then again if we thought the localisation of this game and fates were bad, imagine what we would get if the devs went full blown Xenosaga with the next one.

This was good though

They're going to kick reason to the curb and screw fate. Yes it's a bit strained to fit the initials they want, but so is a ton of English native stuff.

Like it says right there in the screenshot, it's the 神の言葉

Localization aside, it's a poor game. Especially when compared to Xenoblade.
It's like they threw out everything they learned while making Xenoblade and game design in general.
The game feels like it's comprised entirely of side missions from a poor MMO. Absolutely awful.
Now, the soundtrack could save this game if it wasn't an absolute mess. They saw what the lads at Atlus were doing and decided to copy them. This did not work well. At all.
And to top it all off, the characters are abysmal. Especially the loli. She does the same joke every single time and it wasn't a good joke to begin with. Fucking hell. Your main character being a shitty self insert character is bad enough, but when comparing to Xenoblade's cast this game just suffers. At least the world looks nice I guess.
One good thing about the game is that it's the best JRPG on the Wii U! But that isn't much when you realize the only other one on the mess of a console is SMT X FE To my knowledge, anyway, a game that is an even bigger mess than this absolute travesty of a game.

Heaven forbid we have idiomatic expressions that have implicit sarcasm in them.

Congratulations OP, you have autism.

But that's how americans say it

There's also Dragon Quest 10, which actually is an MMO.

No its how idiots say it.

I'll conceed theres a lot of overlap though.

Honestly all of the religious/philosophical references in this game feel like they were just jammed in there because the other Xeno games have them.

youtu.be/EAYUuspQ6BY?t=107

Glad I wasn't the only one who caught that.

I honestly would've just been happy if the entire premise was "we gotta plug in the battery and stay alive". It built up enough tension without having to suddenly shovel on the triple-twist at the end.
That and I really dig the aesthetic and the PSO-style "whole new world" opening so it would've been nice if the game was good.
Oh and if the shit characters weren't compulsory all the time that would've been great.

Clearly OP zih needs to check zok privileges.

pic

The soundtrack convinced me to buy the original Xenogears before I knew anything else about it, and the soundtrack convinced me to not even pirate this game. It's especially jarring as a followup to Xenoblade, which was a wonderful soundtrack.

Because I have to pay to play the bald dude.

If translation quality was only a matter of the linguistic skills of the translators' own language, a lot of things in the industry wouldn't be so shit. Unfortunately the poorness in understanding English is so frequent and chronic among localization companies that we might as well write translation efforts off as being doomed forever. I'll be playing Russian Roulette when I find a video game try to tell me that "turrent" is acceptable or real.

Maybe it's actually good translation, because the character is a retard?

the statement " I could care less" means anything from 100% caring to 0.1% caring. you are saying you care but there is some lower amount of "care" that you can drop down to.

if some one says i love you , you respond back " I could care less about you" that could mean you love them back too and it wouldn't be a negative statement . The statement is fucking retarded. people always use it for a negative, so its wrong. there is never a right time to say " I could care less"

Also, being autistic about weird turns of phrase in videogames becoming my new hobby.

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

I've been kind of interested in getting this, does the UK localisation use the same translation and have all the shitty memes and crap in? I know sometimes us britbogs can avoid the shitty 8-4 cuckfest.

Usually we get the same shit. Usually it's the same script as the yank release, since it's cheaper than translating the game from the ground up.

God tier.

could have a point, she is a woman

I don't blame Laharl, Etna's clearly superior to those slut queens.

YOU CAN'T!

It has been forced upon me

I enjoyed xenoblade X but I had more fun before I got the robot. Advancing far enough to get the robot was my clear goal, the story came second. I marveled at the vast environments that took forever to traverse, the giant creatures that could accidentally stomp me to death, I had fun trying to get places I wasn't supposed to yet by climbing up the geometry of rocks and trees. I appreciated the soundtrack because I could listen to the entire duration of a song while running through an area. I took care choosing the best armor and weapons and skill sets.

As soon as I got a robot for myself and my party, it all went to shit. I could get everywhere I couldn't before by jumping super high or flying. The vehicle mode sucks because the driving physics are basically nonexistent, so using it to travel wasn't fun. Flying is cool but allows you to get into endgame places when you're not ready yet, and ruins the surprise you'd get from seeing that stuff for the first time when it's appropriate to the story. And the flying music replaces the environmental music and ruins the atmosphere. I don't give a shit about my on-foot weapons and armor anymore since I'm never on foot. The robot skills/arts/whatever don't seem as conducive to combos and feeling like a badass as the on-foot weapons. It does that annoying cockpit view thing at random so it's hard to place yourself for side/rear/above attacks. And because I no longer care about my ground gear, when I get my ass kicked and robot destroyed, I'm ill-equipped to continue fighting and have to run away or die. And to top it all off, piloting the robot just doesn't feel like you're piloting a giant robot. The rest of the world just shrinks and the gameplay is still exactly the same. It can turn on a fucking dime and jump like a goddamn gymnast. The thing has no weight. When I pilot a mech I want to leave craters for footprints and crush weaker creatures underfoot instead of allowing them to start a futile "battle" with me. I want to grab 50 foot insects by the horns and use wrestling moves on them, not hover 100 feet away annoying them with my peashooter while my giant fuck-you laser recharges.

In their defense, lots of actual people in real life say it the wrong way. More often than not, in my experience. Grammatical errors in dialog like that aren't mistakes on the writer's part if they're intentionally making the characters speak wrong. Not everybody uses perfect grammar, so writing dialog for such a person would require flawed grammar.

But, that's only a defense if that was their conscious intent. If it was an accident because the writers themselves didn't know any better, than they do indeed suck.

Wait, you mean the Wii game? That actually had anything to do with the plot of other Xeno games? I thought it didn't. Or am I misunderstanding what you're talking about?

For me, the problem is that the vast majority of the time, the anime is different from the manga for the worse. I rarely look at the differences and think it's better that way. And before you jump on me just preferring whatever I saw first, there are times when I saw the anime before reading the manga, and then preferred the manga's version of the story when I got to it.

Also, I really don't see the problem with reading a manga, enjoying the story and characters, and just wanting exactly that but with colored, animated visuals instead. Plus, I usually find the anime draws the characters better. Seems like anime writers can never improve the writing, but anime artists can definitely improve the visuals.

My sister is fluent and I asked her to help me, I started yesterday. I'm giving it my best, really as I am hoping to atleast reach my goal.

Playing Kirby's Dreamland in Japanese.

Come learn Japanese on Busuu with me, It's 14 dollars for a month and if you like it you can keep going.

If I knew a way to make gift accounts I'd do it for a few anons…Would anyone be down/know how to do so?

Would it help if I said she looks exactly like a blonde Allison Brie?

Eh I paid because you can speak to native speakers through the site and it's been really helpful but I did previously pirate the material and while it was helpful I'm finding just speaking to people (and wathing as much Nozomi Tsuji, Sayaka kimoto and Ai Kado stuff as possible) maybe one day I'll be Thane Sensei…

IIRC DJT's guide has a website with nipponese skype accounts.

This was my exact experience with the game. Especially with the soundtrack. I loved doing ridiculous trick jumps to get places that seemed like I wasn't supposed to get to, or to find a way around some stupid strong enemy.

Oh serious? Oh well, 20 bucks and I got it for a month after that I'll look into that, thanks user

Worse than that. Weebs did.

My country seems to have a hard-on for the japs so its not that hard to actually learn japanese, heck my sister's high school curiculum includes jap language so i can get some help from her
And a neighbor of mine teaches japanese in a local university so lots of options but so little time

=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

Anita ain't thick.

but I wish she was
she is the definition of hatefuck
I'd shove my dick down her throat for hours

Hope you like the AIDS from her sexually-liberated leftist vaghole.

Donut dew definition?
Pastry water words?
Food leaves dysphemism?

do not do crazy?

Almost, check the pronunciation guide.

Do not do feminism or feminist.

The implications here are completely understandable.

I felt the exact same way and honestly felt extremely upset that me building out the ultimate combo-sniper able to destroy parts in seconds and near always stay in over-drive mode or have max TP to revive thus allowing me the ability to fight some higher leveled enemies was overshadowed by just jumping into a "SKELL."

The moment I saw how OP the robot was I decided to only use it for transport or in boss battles against other giant creatures. I had so much more fun the moment I decided to not use the "SKELLS" and even ended up being challenged by the final boss due to deciding to not use them.

The game just needed a more solid main campaign. I absolutely loved the exploration and nothing was more fun to me than going as far as I possibly could and planting probes despite being 40 levels lower than the enemies.
As much as I loved the combat as well I'd prefer more real-time action over the tool-bar style and I hope the next game has the ability to control AI actions as much as Gambits in FFXII at the very least.

I absolutely hated the soundtrack at first but I'll admit it did grow on me despite its flaws. The flying-theme cut-in being the biggest one alongside vocals and lyrics in cut-scenes drowning out the characters. If only Monolith had the foresight to include a secondary OST not done by Sawano.