Doom 4

I tried the demo and thought it was pretty cool, so I bought the game off a sale and immediately claimed it as my GOTY. But why does everyone on Holla Forums hate this game so much? Is it just because PSYCH, nuDoom sucks and I'm about to pirate it. In any case I'm not here to talk about nuDoom, I only needed to bait you into reading this just so I could ask the following. Did anyone notice how the colors for the greentext has just changed? Seriously, it looks wrong. Mark, if you're reading this, I better hope you change the color back.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/doom-emulation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

check your options

Why would you pirate a bad game?
Greentext looks the same to me.

greetext looks the same to me

for me some threads are the new green, some threads are the old green. nfi why.

Because there is even something to be learned from failures. Also, that's my post you just capped.

This green.

That's odd, the greentext appears in normal colors when you just update the page, but the new colors kick in when you refresh the page.

holy shit you're right. What bullshit is this?

check

It won't show up when you first open the options too.

Glorious php.

Huh, yeah the new greentext is darker. Looks a lot uglier tbh.

If you're coming here for a serious discussion you're a fucking retard.

Don't you have any game companies to "assimilate" or fanbases to alienate, Pete?

I'm conflicted. Don't like change/value the tradition, but this is also my favorite shade of green. I'd vote the former in any case.

Everything looks normal to me, OP.

refresh the page

nuDoom is a good game
contrarians btfo

It ain't DOOM, but neither was Doom 3. It's alright for what it is since it's much faster than most modern shooters.

You need to be over 18 to post on Holla Forums.

if the game was called DOOOM and not DOOM Holla Forums would be sucking todd's big cock.

You are not very smart, are you?

m-muh Holla Forums boogeyman
I said the art was shit
I dont think you know what moeshit is.

Once again, 18+ to post.

hDoom designs are bad because they are moeshit. Those are not moeshit. They are actually quite fappable designs for a matured mind.

Another change is that supposedly webms have now the 10 MB size limit, not 8 like before.

What irks me the most, why don't images zoom on hover, as they did in coldrims times?

Hardly news. Do you know that you can screencap an entire thread now?

Not that guy but that looks like shit. Just because the fanart isn't moeshit, doesn't make it good and vice versa.

Except it is good. It's a nice blend of cool and lewd. I and many others would play and fap to a game that had these designs, and there's nothing you or your shit taste could do about it.

maybe the tits and tights could be just a teeny bit smaller, but nothing's perfect

I dont care how lewd or cool your nuBaron waifu is, that artstyle is fucking shit-tier.

It's decently colored, the lineart is good. What's your problem, fag?

Why would you pirate a game that you don't like?

Vidya sadomasochism.

This meme is so stupid. Have you ever heard of someone leaving a site because they're too young to use it? If you want to be snide, at least make it less asinine.

Despite gaming mostly on my PC, I found Doom to be a good game to purchase for my PS4 because:

1- The port is pretty good, including the framerate
2- The MP, while being underwhelming for a PC game, is pretty good for a console game

So its a good game to get and play MP with your consolefag friends who refuse to touch a PC game.

The single player was also pretty solid. While I wish the 12 monster limit wasn't in place, and that we had less spawning monsters and more already-placed-there ones (so the game would feel less like a horde mode), the monster AI is leaps and bounds beyond the AI of the old Doom games, so that makes me happy enough,

Because I've already spent hours writing shit on Doom 4 even though all I did was watch a stream instead of actually playing it, now I get to confirm whether my criticism actually holds true.
In addition, it is said people learn from mistakes, and I think there is something to be learned from bad games too, like how NOT to do things. I'm playing all kinds of games right now and trying to view them from a more critical standpoint so I can learn to not make those same mistakes in future games I might make. It is a shoddy excuse with a shoddy future in mind, but it's all I'm looking forward to in my life.

What do you think could have been improved from Doom's original AI?

Did Denuvo tank that hard?

Its been cracked user, and its shit
I played 1 hour refunded and then finished it
Its fucking trash

There are advantages.

What do you even consider good AI in an FPS? Honestly. Serious Sam is loved to hell and back here and it has the most simplistic AI to ever grace a game. Not that this is a problem since the idea is to have touhou amount of enemies on the screen, but its still pretty simple.

The AI in the original games was simples as fuck. Monsters couldnt take advantage of high ground, did not run away from you if you go too close to reposition themselves and generally only considered one vector of aproximation, which was a straight line from them to you. This was improved in the current AI.

Do you also buy Call of Duty and play LoL because you want to play with friends?
No, its just the bare minimum
Fucking Halo has better A.I and enemy prioritization than NuDoom
Reddit formatting
>>>/out/

Projectile-firing enemies are still capable of harassing you from ranges. Keep in mind that the average movement speed for all enemies is slow compared to the player, so usually they did not have the chance to move around effectively to begin with. In order to make up for this fact, more enemies were placed by hand around more places. Rather than one highly-mobile enemy, you have multiple stationary enemies of various types. In this case, would it be necessary to create an AI where monsters take advantage of high ground when they are not able to move around that much by themselves?

All enemies in Doom except for the zombiemen have melee attacks, so it's not like they have much reason (or possibility given their low movement speed) to reposition themselves and give you more breathing space too. Enemies which attack from long-range and whose best interest would be to stay in the back come in the form of zombiemen whose hitscan reaches far and wide, whereas there are barely any enemies in Doom who are safer in the back, as projectiles are easily dodged. However, zombiemen go down in a few shots, so it's not like their life expectancy is something they will be keeping in mind. It's not like they can outrun you either.

Suppose all enemies zigzagged towards you, then what? Doom was never about accuracy considering the game was built around keyboard aiming and auto-aim, what reason would the enemies in Doom have to move in anything BUT a straight line towards you? Keep again in mind that their movement speed is pretty low, and if you were to be flanked, more enemies would have to be placed by hand around your flanks.

My base of comparison were the previous Doom games like I said. Besides, Halo DOES have one of the best - if not the best - AI in console shooters.

They are, but they are incapable of going to a higher range to take better advantage of their innate abilities by themselves. They must be there to begin with.

This is true, yeah.

I said as much in my comment, so I acknowledge that.

The game has to be analyzed in context. No, it wouldn't make sense because they are slow as molasses compared to Doomguy. That doesn't make the AI well developed, but you could, perhaps, say that it was adequate for what it went out to achieve.

I'm evaluating the game from a more modern perspective, so I'm thinking of the old doom games from a mouselook perspective (otherwise its hard to even compare both games - and while this is not fair to the old doom, this doesnt matter since its not much of a "let's see which one is better" kind of comparison). The problem with the old doom is that, coupled with Doomguy's speed, it was really easy to just get the monsters to focus all their fire in a single line - usually obliterating many amongst their ranks while doing so - while you punished them from afar. It was also too easy to run away from them. You didn't really have monster like 2016 Pinky, whose charge can outrun you while also being capable of doing sharp turns to avoid being rodeo'd by a simple sidestep, or the 2016 baron of hell. This, I think, made the old games too easy. I felt they needed monsters more capable of closing the gap to put pressure into the player to force him to move, reposition and allow the ranged monsters enough time to stop being herded and resume firing from multiple angles.

Of course, the old doom games alleviated these issues many times with the brilliant level design, so there is that,. but it was also too easy to just backtrack and impose distance to reapproach enemies even when you were surprised in a situation where they were thrown right in your face.

Forgot to address this. The issue is that the melee attacks are underwhelming, mostly due to the fact that the monsters are too slow. Pinky is the main example - he only has a melee attack, yet he is slow as shit. They are only dangerous in a small, sealed space where you can barely navigate and have no room to use your rocket launcher, and even then only in sufficient numbers. Barring that, only the occasional cloaked Pinky might score a hit.

That's precisely what I'm getting at. Saying that the AI in D44M is better than OG Doom because it has more tricks up its sleeve is kind of a moot point if you consider that monster AIs are only part of a whole, and that a poorly used 'good' AI doesn't amount to much. The monster behaviors in OG Doom might've been basic, but it served its purpose more than well and doesn't need any improvements to begin with. Modern games might be more advanced technically, but from a functional standpoint they tend to be more than lacking.

That's what one calls depth. For example, I COULD spam this attack and combo to win, but that's no fun. I COULD constantly abuse the enemies' AI, but that's slow and no fun. I COULD backtrack infinitely and pick off enemies one by one, but that's no fun.
Or I could juggle enemies in order to build up my style meter, or I could just charge in and effectively take out all enemies guns blazing with bullets flying everywhere. Basically, the game allows you to play like a scrub, but it really encourages you to use all your abilities and git gud. Some games encourage you with higher scores, others do with just more fun.

It's kind of like the headless kamikazes in Serious Sam where despite their massive lethality they won't be a major cause of your many deaths, but rather make the player move around and prioritize targets. Enemies in Doom mean nothing by themselves, only in groups do they become dangerous, especially groups of mixed enemies where the same tactic can't be applied to the entire group, like sawing all the pinkies. You won't get killed by melee often in Doom, but that's the punishment you're gonna get for letting enemies get close.

Sure

0/10
Doom 3 was very much Doom, more akin to the original plans written in the Doom bible.

>>>/furry/
And don't come back.

This green is kinda dope, maybe a bit of yellow in there wouldn't hurt

The old games were better than this one, no question about it. Were you under the impression that I thought the new one is better? All I'm saying is that the AI alone is better, and it makes this console FPS work decently.

Now with this I disagree. There are no mechanics in place that promote this kind of playstyle. An example of gameplay element that promotes charging ahead instead of careful and safe elimination is found in the new doom, with the execution style that rewards you with health and possibly ammo + armor.

I think its not a good comparison because the Kamikazes outpaced you slightly in speed, so you couldn't simply move away from them indefinitely, and their high damage potential meant you had to prioritize them when they appeared. The old pinky, on the other hand, had a very low damage potential and could not outpace you. If you had a big ranged mob shooting at you with pinkys going for your head, you could easily direct the monsters behind to shoot their projectiles at the pinky, killing them while you picked off the distant shooters, for example - or just use the pinky as an inhuman barrier. I think the old pinky really needed either a speed boost or a charging attack.

Nigga, I never said that. The old doom is a lot more fun and replayable than this new one.

It's like my computer is trying to tell me something

Is the CPY torrent faster? I'm downloading the Fitgirl repack but it's still taking ages.

This is the fitgirl repack I am using, file checker detects one bad file but I cant do shit about it. Every time I launch the game I get a few seconds further but I am not willing to launch the game 50 times to get to the main menu. I'm about to just delete the game and forget about it

I'd rather have a real retro Doom instead of this half retro half modern mishmash to "appeal to everyone." I seriously wanted a fucking game where I can't even look up or down. That would actually be refreshing.

Same thing happened to me. What you have to do is rehash the torrent, then run the setup.exe again

So uninstall, re-check torrent and then install again?

You don't have to uninstall, you can just overwrite it

use the torrent client to verify the integrity of the whole folder

Alright, thanks guys

Ok I am being retarded but after forcing a recheck on the torrent the setup still wants to do a completely new installation of the game

Sorry if I was unclear, you do have to reinstall for it to replace the bad files(at least that's how it was in my case)

Fitgirl repack worked fine for me & hash check was successful. I was only shitposting on Holla Forums while installing so I don't think I interfered with it much.

Only problem I had was getting crashes when I set the Virtual Texturing Page Size to Nightmare (even though I have 6GB of VRAM) so I had to knock it down to Ultra which seems to fix the crashing. The crashing was happening at the very start of certain levels or after a short duration of gameplay so I assumed it was an instant or steady buildup of memory usage leading up to the crash.

It runs great using OpenGL or Vulkan. I hear Vulkan needs to have AA set to TSSAA 8x to enable async or something otherwise it doesn't do much. I'm running it at 4K so Vulkan wouldn't do much for me as it only helps 1080p & lower see noticeable performance gains. I use Vulkan anyways hoping that it adds some other technical improvements aside form framerate, but I don't know that it does.

Despite all the interruptions for glory kills the gameplay is still pretty damned fast.

Doom4 is one of the best shooters of the last few years.

Can anybody post a magnet to a version that's confirmed to be working?

I'm unsure as to what to dowload.

Is there a Mega link for this shit yet? The torrents are all slow as fuck and the other DDL links are throttled to fuck without paying them shekels.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:44928fdd8a05480be5c7a9f96ab3773bc1a7182c

One of the runes you can use makes your glory kills happen faster. While upgraded, you take like a second to kill a monster in the glory kill. If you combine it with the rune that makes you grab them from longer range and with the one that makes you faster after performing a kill, its like playing with Zangief instead of Doomguy. Shit is fast as fuck and you zip across the screen abusing the long range, including to upper terrain. Its pretty cool.

think about what you're saying here. The last few years have been utterly garbage for shooters. You're saying that nuDoom is just mediocre, but not as mediocre as the other games that released… In which I disagree, the games as bad as all the other shovel shit.

You know its bad when someone ported the entire game over to Doom 2s engine, so you're basically paying for graphics. Get the Doom 2 mod instead, much better.

moddb.com/mods/doom-emulation

Seriously ID accomplished next to nothing with this game when really all anyone probably wanted was an upgrade to the existing IDTech 1, 2 and 3, engines. (as IDtech 4 and 5 are both really shit engines to work with). I think they over convoluted what was supposed to be a very basic idea. IDTech 1 is a very accessible engine for developers, nearly any moron out there can put together a wad without issue. Like really all ID should have done is make the barrier to entry easier for modding their earlier engines and sell the tech as a training program for game dev. But this is Zenimax, so fuck it Season Passes, Day One DLC and closed source for everyone!.

go away

I don't think you know what porting means.

fine. Demake. I just got up.

That's better. But a demake is anything but comparable to the base game, except in certain circunstances - usually involving plataforming games.

Seriously, if you think that abomination they made is "just like" the new game, then I'd recommend getting a CT scan to check your brain for injury.

I have that one.
I have that one.
Don't have the one. Do you have to do the mastery requirement on the ruins to make them work or just equip them.

So I finally reinstalled doom and managed to get past the logos, turns out my computer can't handle it. Highest or lowest settings doesn't matter, it runs at at about 5 fps regardless, this is the first game that I wasn't able to run on my computer. Fuck this shit

Damn son. What's your gpu?

Literally kill yourself.

That's a driver issue. If you have no problems running other games there's no way you'd only get 5 fps with current drivers.

Did you upate geforce experience?

It's a GTX 750

This is getting scary, guys

Yeah did you not follow the Demo threads months back? nuDoom has massive compatibility issues and Anons pretty much written the game off right there if the shitty ass Demo brought their toaster to it's knees then what about the full game? It's not worth it to go buy a new machine just to play a game that is generally just another average FPS that is completely dull for half the game and then only somewhat enjoyable later but otherwise your just going to forget it in the back of your mind as it blurs and merges with the rest of the various FPS you've played.

But if it's crashing for that maybe you should take a closer look.

I have never heard anything, ever, about Halo AI being spectacular or amazing.

Nevermind your just a massive faggot.

Some user made a thread earlier saying that the new update to experience shaved his FPS in the new BF by 40 from the 60 he had before

One he uninstalled it it was fine

You dont even need to do the glory kills, i turned off the highlight and i even forgot you you could do it because i would keep shooting the enemies "knocked out" wihtout even noticing and they just die likle all the others. The only thing that distracts you is the health flying of the enmies.

And the game is really fucking fast on Nightmare, im 100% sure all these idiots shitting on game played on the easier modes.

if you have some shit running on background, like EVGA Precision, it will crash on the logos

He's right though. Halo's AI was probably the most sophisticated on ps2/xbox gen consoles. Not sure about last-gen.

Take into account how large the levels are and that the AI can go anywhere, that they behave as teams, that they take on different tasks in the group… what other shooter does any of that? In most console FPS/TPS enemies are heavily scripted for their specific situation (unique scripts for each enemy so they jump out of cover in a cool way when the player turns a corner, that sort of thing) or they just stand around (COD). AI that patrols a large area and then dynamically takes on a player who is also roaming around in that large area usually results in a buggy mess. Halo's AI practically never bugs out, it's extremely solid despite enabling complex behaviour.

This one isn't actually amazing or notable. Why would you even think this, the hard part is making the AI not magically navigate everything perfectly to your location when you let it roam the map freely.

FEAR achieved this by making the AI adhere to very basic squad movement. Half-Life 2 Combine do this in a far more sophisticated manner they're just so weak you never noticed and the guy that made it happen was one Modder that made sophisticated Bots.

You haven't played many FPS from 2001-2004 have you, Halo enemies are spawned through scripted sequences too.

It's called code optimization, and Halo enemies followed scripted spawn sequences as well.

*I'd like to point out now that what Halo and Halo 2 does that is impressive is absolutely none of the shit you listed. Halo was impressive for their AI because the AI had to navigate a fully simulated 3d environment and use sense given to them to do it. They fundamentally still did things that weren't noticeably different from other enemies besides respond to getting grenades chucked at them in an amusing manner. The backend is impressive, the front end not so much.

I was able to run it just fine on a GTX 660 TI. It might be your drivers or your cpu that's fucked, not sure.

Why would you think THAT is hard? That's not hard at all. They don't start out looking for you, or for anyone for that matter. They're on patrol routes until alerted in some way. The interesting stuff starts once there's a confrontation.

Heavily scripted and built from the ground up around the idea of cover positions. FEAR AI only works in small arenas and corridors with plenty of cover. Great for FEAR's gameplay but not a competitor for Halo or Half Life 2.

Also great. Do you have an argument as to what makes HL2 AI better than Halo's AI though? I can't think of one.

Of course they are, how else would you spawn them? I was talking about the fact that in many games all behaviour that resembles "AI" is custom scripted for that one occasion. Halo AI, like Half Life 2 AI, is general purpose. You can drop them in the map and they will sort of work right away. There are custom scripted events like jumping out of cover to surprise the player in the Halo games but the Halo AI does not depend on such tricks, they're icing on a cake whereas in many shooters that's all the bots CAN do. Completely on rails.

No, it isn't. Optimization is about performance, bugs are not (necessarily) related to performance. Bugs are emergent scenarios a designer or programmer didn't account for. In the case of Crysis the AI is similarly sophisticated as Halo or HL2 but there are way, way more bugs causing players to think Crysis enemies are "stupid" where Halo and HL2 enemies are "smart".

They shoot at you, go in and out of cover, and chuck grenades.

FEAR was designed with minimal scripting.

That's called a Bot and that's how AI have worked since Doom and even before that. Making the AI scripted for every occasion is a pain in the ass.

That's not what bug means in terms of software. It is a flaw, failure, or fault in a program.

They're actually designed to move in formations, Halo's are not.

any one DL the torrent ?

They can flee, alert other enemies to your presence and other cool stuff. There is a lot of group coordination. The same enemy will behave differently based on how many enemies there are, what types they are etc. When there's a lot of them they are more optimistic/offensive, for example. The key is POSITIONING. Depending on who/what and how many they are they will try to close the distance or increase it, all while navigating complex geometry (multiple floors, moving obstacles like vehicles and physically interactive boxes). IIRC they can intentionally flank you, something that's only an illusion in FEAR (FEAR bots flank you by accident, they don't set out to do so).

That's an absurd claim. Here, have a pdf on just how much scripting goes into FEAR's AI.

Are you sure they are moving in formations? It could just be a case like pic related where some bots are more aggressive than others so they naturally always end up being closer to the player / opposing bots and it looks like there's team coordination where really there's just individual differences between types of bots.

… the cause of which is usually that the programmer didn't account for something that could happen. I don't think Crysis' AI behaves in funny ways because of typos in the code. There's code being executed that someone thought would do X but really it does Y. Semantics.

Let's listen to this guys opinion extra hard. He knows art. lol.

When mapping for Half-Life 2, you are required to group combine soldiers into squads and assign squad leaders for them to function properly. The squad leaders are the soldiers with shotguns in-game, and the rest of the squad will move in a much more disorganized manner when said leaders are killed.

You don't seem to understand what scripting means in this context.

people on 8ch Holla Forums don't play new games unless they can pirate them and base their opinions off of acceptable opinions. It's pretty fucking pathetic and is contributing to the death of the board. Is it so hard for you ingrates to not talk about games unless you've played them?

this place is a shithole only for shitposting, im done

Thank fuck. Don't let the door hit your manlet ass on the way out, cocksucker. LOL

Just off yourself and do humanity a favor.

Mark is trash.

The posts added dynamically by the javascript updater are given a different color. If you refresh it will change.

Shitty little meme kid detected.

Nu Doom fucking rapes marathon.
Chex Quest fucking rapes marathon.

prove it faggot

Ok. Done.

Does anyone want to explain to me why 70% of threads are about AAA trash?

You should probably look at IDs before engaging in discussions. You're not going to get anything worthwhile from that literal child.

Marathon Phoenix on Total Carnage blows any FPS made in the past 7 years out of the water

Full time industry shills at work.

Why aren't we doing anything about it though. It didn't used to be like this last year so I know I'm not crazy. I'm not to only one to notice.

I mean yeah I make my own threads and try to make them quality, but they're ignored if they aren't about mainstream garbage.

It seems the buzzword spouting brain of the shitposter has been overwhelmed by someone demanding an explanation for his unruly behaviour. Experts are divided about the course of action generally taken by a shitposter in this situation, but it generally does one of two things. It will either pretend to be retarded to save face, or abandon the thread to seek greener pastures in which to shitpost.

user, I know this might sound alien to you but not everyone are into muscular demons that look like freaks. Some people are into, oh I don't know, human beings.

Why bother looking for and talking about recent games that are actually good when you can just sit back and be miserable instead?

They were specifically talking about the artstyle, not the subject.

Wouldn't having enemies that sponge constant damage be considered more towards the easy side/ Many anons pointed out the arenas and that's important to note. Perhaps to you a first person shooter just has to have action without much thought. To compensate for the easier to kill enemies, there were more enemies on each level. I'll ask a question that you should be able to answer rather easily. How many enemies have you fought at the same time in nu Doom? There is a massive restriction on monsters that you will encounter within a room. The design principle of the games is completely different. Nu Doom is designed around to play like Quake. Doom 1 and 2 are designed to play like your standard 90s shooter. Maze-like design, enemies placed very carefully while being in multitude of numbers. Health and pickups and secrets. And it's all up to you how you handle what you're given, figuring out the keycard location and having fun with the levels.

Doom 4 relies on AI, on more effects, on shinier looking but more simple maps. There are less enemies on screen so the enemies are made tougher. There is a biggerish focus on maps based on height. That sounds more like Quake than it does Doom.

Some people like Doom more than Quake, some like the opposite. But it's all subjective. For you to claim that nu Doom is better than Doom 1 and 2 is like saying that Half Life 2 is better than Half Life. The games have different focuses, narrative and gameplay-wise.

Also, your comment on viewing from a modern perspective is retarded. Why? The average person that plays video games these days has very low standards. They consider pixelshit indie games good. That to me is an insult to people that work hard on visuals. Your "modern perspective" simply isn't fair for that kind of game. To get the most enjoyment you have to forget everything about games from different eras and just go with what the game says. That's my own mistake too. I think I've played too much Morrowind and when I played Oblivion I played it wrong. So I'm going to try a new playthrough soon to hopefully be able to see the good side of it.

I don't follow user.

I tried the demo. I'm not feeling it. Movement speed is still too slow, weapons take up massive amounts of screenspace and because I can just get health from executions I'm not really feeling challenged. In a way it's a lot like they took everything I hated about Serious Sam and multiplied it.

There are no games to discuss, therefore all threads are shitposting about AAA trash.

Also why is this thread stuck at 87 replies on the catalog?

There are plenty of good games released recently you fucking mook. Men of War Origins, Rouge System, Day of Infamy, etc. Get out of here you casual.

Catalog's frozen
Servers probably fucked up

Babby's first game design.

I was rephrasing what I previously said, which was a generalization of Holla Forums's current outlook on the industry and upcoming games. I know there are good games coming out, but most of Holla Forums doesn't. I'm definitely not backpedaling here or anything.

That's pretty sad then dude. I take back calling you a mook, I'm just really upset. Where the hell do I go to have good vidya discussion.

I heard halfchan's /vg/ is still somewhat decent. It probably isn't.

Who says you have to read it?

I just looked on halfchan. Som of the threads are actually half decent. A few people are even talking about TrackIR. Am I in bizzarro world? I thought that place was trashed by normalfags now

I think for me it's just getting older and not seeing the charm of newer games. It's not that I'm hellbent on corporations. I keep using Steam and have never cared about DRM. But I just don't see the fun in a lot of these games. I don't see passion. I just feel like these games are designed for numbers, not people. And me, I'm a person. Maybe Oblivion and Skyrim are more polished. But the real charm is in Shivering Isles or Dragonborn. While Morrowind is a work of love. Clunky but fun. In that same way I hate looking at Fallout 3 and 4. Are they really games of love? They seem beyond empty.

Again, you only just cited mainstream games. I just listed a few good ones earlier. If you don't like the genres, then fine, but don't say good games aren't there.

Bungie.
Also that clip the guy showed just had a bunch of aliens who dont do anything but die or miss you with their projectiles.

The first level of marathon is shit. It's open source. Go try it. You'll see.

Like I said, I think it's just me. There have been a few companies and people that genuinely impressed me. Off. Middens. Gingeva. Penumbra Black Plague. I wouldn't say that there aren't good games. Heck, even the mainstream games are objectively good. However, very few will grab my attention. And I like to ask myself questions like why I can't fathom a second playthrough of Dragon Age yet I'm replaying Morrowind for the 7th or 8th time now.

A lot of Holla Forums is people that either hate gaming in general without realizing it or are people like me with obscure demands for what a game has to be.

You can play the game just fine without reading anything aside from the exit terminals (which can be flipped through in a second)
Those are Fighters, who serve as cannon fodder for the first handful of levels until more tougher enemies become more common place later on.
Even the Marathon fanbase acknowledges that the first game is pretty mediocre and is only upheld by a well-written story. Marathon only starts getting good with Marathon 2: Durandal

So, has any of you read the Doom books?

Played past the demo area, but still confused if i am playing a gory Halo/CoD or a singleplayer Quake 3 with slow-run set as default. Plus no surprises nor high enemy count, with really small arenas for "longer" combats.
That forced XP-esque progression is gay as fuck, it reminds of Wolfenstein 2009.
Aside from this issues, its a well optmized title overall.

THICKER

It will go away with the video game crash of $currentyear

I never said that. I even said it explicitely here that I prefer the old games:

What I do think is that the nuDoom is a pretty good console fps. I wouldn't get it on the PC, and I probably wouldnt buy it unless it was absurdly discounted if my friends had not acquired it as well.

But there are some things that the new doom did right, like how the monsters put a lot more pressure on you.

Its made to appeal to the CoD/halo crowd, Simple as that.

Granted, I like some of its ideas and the fancy graphics are dazzling, but snap map is just a pitiful gesture towards modding with no real commitment or sincerity, and denuvo is just a slap to the face of PC gamers everywhere.

It certainly fails as a PC game. Its a it because I could see the skeleton of a proper PC game underneath it if only it ditched the crappy consoles in favor of the PC plataform.

They suck. All of them.
FPS is a PC genre.

TimeSplitters does aiming well though.

>>>/oven/

becomes
now reverse it
TOODDDDDD

Wow.

I actually thought it was pretty good.

Multiplayer was shit though.

Anyone got that DOOM infograph? I keep forgetting to save it.

i am laff at u, finally downloaded this big stupid bitch, its enjoyable to an extent, im like level 8 or something on ultra-violence, the railgun is fucking retarded and doesnt belong in this game otherwise its OK i guess, spend 10 minutes killing everything and 20 minutes wandering the level looking for fucking action figures and logs i wont read. Also those blurry textures that pop in agaaa its not as bad as Rage(tm) but its still laughable for a triple A 60gig game

I would be so salty if I bought this tho, fucking buyfags will never learn and belong in a camp

I literally only used the super shotgun for the rest of the game once I first got it

probably my favorite as well, although slowly walking as you mow down a horde with blazing minigun can be enjoyable

I think the double tap makes it stupidly powerful, but I still enjoy it.

Don't know what people are talking about in terms of AI and the game being slow though, it's plenty fast on Nightmare at least.

They're just trying to acclimate themselves to the group.

I was a bit worried because it's also on consoles and all but I enjoyed it.

I watched a video on how to complete a challenge and it definitely seems the console version is toned down, the guy didn't even have to jump or do anything else other than strafe lazily.

how is that racist?

obviously he doesnt think its that bad. but wants to have an excuse to not pay for it

It wasn't great but it was significantly better than I expected.

My biggest complaints were the awful demon designs and literally everything being shaded orange, and the awful short animations that play every single fucking time you do everything.

I was very pleased to see how fast you moved and that no guns required reloading, it felt far more like a throwback to the classic style of FPS than I was expecting. The multiple upgrades were kinda cool, although most of them were just pointless.

They still fucked up the pacing though. You get these fast paced fights and then segments of doing nothing but walking while some fucker babbles nonsense in your ear. I still don't understand why every fucking AAA game has to have that in it, just let me fight already.

I'll call it a 7/10 and my personal GOTY, but only because literally nothing else decent has come out this year.

Oh, I forgot to mention: The game is fucking easy as piss, if you can circle strafe literally nothing is a threat to you. It was clearly designed with consoletards who are used to just sitting behind a wall to regain health in mind.

Actually I'm giving it 6/10 because of that.

(((embed marketing)))

I dislike how some of the upgrades make it retarded to use the regular fire for some weapons.
e.g. shotgun explosive rounds. I also dislike how shit like the plasma rifle and rocket launcher, which had to be used sparingly in realdoom, can be used however the fuck you want due to pinata economics.

This game is a schizophrenic version of TNO, for being a new installment and not deciding what it wants to be at the end despite the known concept of the series.
I do feel like its on 6-6.5/10 for being a bit too dumb down, despite the tech.
At least it made me want to go play DOOM 4 Doom.Thanks Bethesda and nuID

It's not better.

I agree with That isn't scripting (at least not within any context I've seen it used in any vidya discussion) that's programming, that's a simple coded AI that achieves the same results the much more complex Halo AI does. Even though it's consciously doing it around the same key variable (positioning) the HALO AI fails because no new complex behavior forms as a result. Not one that you'd actually notice it's just doing exactly as it was designed to do. As I said before Halo is impressive in the back end of the whole thing because the devs went for full 3D simulation including the AI's limitations in it's perception. Halo 2 which is basically the same engine, the Elite that had it's appearance constantly changing was because the game itself took the initiative and decided to make the Elite look like that even though it didn't have any instructions to do so because the devs forgot to. Now that is impressive and speaks volumes more about the quality of Halo's programming then the Bots.

all these little bitch underage pirate fags. Kids, it's obvious you shit talk Doom because you can't afford it and you're just butthurt it wasn't a free torrent on release day. Everyone here knows it.