END OF THE WEB. Private elite club W3C controls future of internet. Wants DRM for all web content

Background:

The recent controversy:

Read the whole thing here:

archive.is/h26nk
eff.org/deeplinks/2017/07/amid-unprecedented-controversy-w3c-greenlights-drm-web

TL;DR: Web standards being developed by the W3C will make it difficult, and legally dangerous for you to use any content (just video for now, but it will expand to all web content) without the permission of the owners, i.e., you want to make a commentary, redpill, meme, joke, etc., video containing literally any piece of data generated by someone else (especially a corporation), e.g., part of an advertisement, news broadcast, movie, tv show, youtube show, web article etc.? Too bad. Internet’s over. Go home.

1/2… KEEP READING. IT'S IMPORTANT.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S97TCpuBvnc
csail.mit.edu/),
ercim.eu/),
w3.org/Consortium/fees
w3.org/Consortium/Member/List
w3.org/Consortium/facts.html
youtube.com/watch?v=h94ZKGVg-B8
keio.ac.jp/en/
ev.buaa.edu.cn/
techdirt.com/articles/20170918/16322838234/eff-resigns-w3c-after-drm-html-is-approved-secret-vote.shtml
gopher.floodgap.com/gopher/gw.lite?gopher://port70.net/1chan
w3.org/TR/encrypted-media/#introduction
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skywave
github.com/smugdev/smugboard
idioms.thefreedictionary.com/count noses
addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/youtube_downloader_webx/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

…2/2

So what exactly is this W3C, how do they operate, and who has a say in what they’re doing? This youtube tech journalist guy (seems like a typical, but earnest, nu male tech guy on youtube, not red pilled or anything. Very normie audience I assume. But doing the only good journalism on this topic outside the EFF.) uncovered something remarkable:

youtube.com/watch?v=S97TCpuBvnc

Vid summary: The W3C does not appear to be a legal entity of any kind. It’s not an LLC, not a non-profit, not anything. It appears to be a completely unofficial private club administered by MIT (csail.mit.edu/), the European Research Consortium for Informatics (ercim.eu/), Keio University in Tokyo, and Beihang university in Beijing. This unofficial private club collects tens of millions of dollars annually from members (as can be calculated from the member list and annual fees), who pay these fees in order to take part in secret votes (the W3C does not publish vote records, meeting minutes, or take any other measures to make it’s activities acceptable to the public) that will shape the future of the internet. The W3C being an apparently completely unofficial private club, there is no way to know where this money goes. Tim Berners Lee could be spending it all on *cheese pizza* for all anybody knows. Furthermore, because the W3C is a legal non-entity, there’s no way for members of the public to influence this organization, that controls the future of the web, other than paying the fees and participating in the secret votes.

W3C member fees by country: w3.org/Consortium/fees

W3C member list: w3.org/Consortium/Member/List

W3C page describing what their organization is: w3.org/Consortium/facts.html

Previous video from the tech journalist summarizing the W3C DRM vote. He attended a press event and has had some emails going back and forth with the W3C trying to get more information: youtube.com/watch?v=h94ZKGVg-B8

Dig, anons. Dig for the only home we have left. For the internet anons. Destroy this beast or be destroyed.

And I forgot the links for Keio and Beihang:
keio.ac.jp/en/
ev.buaa.edu.cn/

tl;dr Online videos will have DRM now

How would this even be possible?

What do we do if they succeed? Do we start using HAMnet?

Too bad we have this thing called Fair Use.

By building in backdoors on all web applications? Remote desktop you can't shut off?

There will be an alternative to the internet in the future if it isn't here already. The Alternet the future, fast and free nobody can stop it.

Jewish capitalism unhappy with the internet's disruption of their ZOG media revenue.

We need it soon or we are fucked and we should still be doing all we can to expose people like the W3C. We shouldn't let censoring the net be easy for (((them))).

I'm not a tech user but from what I've read, they are going to build it into HTML5 somehow: techdirt.com/articles/20170918/16322838234/eff-resigns-w3c-after-drm-html-is-approved-secret-vote.shtml

With the recent crackdown on youtube etc. not really surprising, Should rather consider if we have a way of creating an alternative or just hope SHTF before they gain significant progress.

TVs were used to control the masses, but TV is dying so control of the Internet is needed to control the masses.
Why do you think the UK PM was blaming Amazon shopping suggestions after she let the Parsons Green terrorist into the country as a "child refugee"?
The Internet is evil goy, we need to 'protect'* you from it

*control

Oh no, you mean Jewish filth will require shekels?. That actually doesn't suck. It means more time for doing important things.

Without piracy, Jews can't reach the poor subhuman races and if they can't do that, they can't brainwash them. The Jew has once again put the Shekels before his plan of White genocide.

OP is on an imageboard and thinks, 'the internet is over' if we don't have kike video.

Tell me user, where did you see TGSNT? Checked it out form the local library I'm sure… Where did you get those images to make all those nice holohoax infographics? Surely you traveled to Auchwitz yourself and took the pictures correct?

Enjoy your ban

Oh boy it's EXACTLY like pillowfort but it has budget in millions!

You are too stupid to use this site.

I maintain that one day the internet will bvreak apart and you will have completely seperate internet for different geographical locations. The rising east (Eastern Europe + Russia + Asia) when they finally kick the jew world order in the balls, is not going to want to deal with their shit internet regulations, and will want to impose their own. The (((Powers that be))) are really moving to take full control. It will still be harder than they imagine.

I just hope we get competent, accessible and reliable peer to peer internet by then. In any case, I'm happy I got to be young when we had uncensored uncontrolled internet.

We need to build another parallel Internet, infrastructure and all.

It's the ONLY solution.

national intranet china-style?

The internet will never die even if the web does

Fair use is dead, look at JewTube.

From the eff article:

Bypassing DRM is a crime in itself.

>>>Holla Forums791300

That's nice.
Would only be a shame if they started blocking it.

That's already present, in order for this to work it would require a massive overhaul of everything. Even the HTML5 trick they're going to use isn't going to accomplish anything as they hope it will, DRM has always hurt legitimate users while everyone else will simply crack it. Everyone will adapt to get smarter and bypass the censorship, or if they're unable to to simply abandon the bubble they coprporations is forming around themselves which is far more dangerous to the status quo.

All that would do is prevent you from accessing the clearnet, i2p being blocked entirely would require cutting you off entirely.

Last time gopher tried pulling something like this it died spectacularly. Let's hope that someone develops a new protocol as an alternative to this one when it keels over as well.

they'll declare it illegal, same fate as cryptocurrencies

there'll be no need to "cutting off": if you use something illegal and someone finds out, you'll be in jail (same as cocaine)

Probably.
But they could just completely cut off your access if they notice any activity designed to obfuscate your browsing habits.

Now I imagine that they'd have to roll that out progressively as people renew their internet contracts, but if all (((tech elites))) decide that this is what they want to do with their infrastructure, what's there to stop them really?

Yeah, or this. They'd just make it illegal.

The future is gnunet. Install gnunet.

Good. Then one of the millions of neckbeards on the planet will make a real alternative and we can go back to having our own world just like back in the late 90s before disgusting normies and attention whoring girls flooded into the net from MySpace.

this. its bound to happen eventually. I miss the days where it was still "nerdy" to even fucking use the internet at all. It was nerdy to play vidya at all too. early attention whoring was confined to small parcels of the internet, the rest was a wide landscape of simple html and frames where each user had no e-baggage or identity. Pre jewgle intertnet is still something that makes me nostalgic…that and my dreams of one day exploring Europe.

That this hasn't happened yet worries me greatly though. Normalfagnet has been cancer for a long time now, a decade plus, and is rapidly deteriorating. It needs to happen fast.

Almost exactly a decade. 2007 is when facebook no longer required a .edu email, 'The Big Bang Theory' premeired, and the first iphone came out. That was the year the web died.

It was when the net started to die. The net wasn't truly dead until around 2013. Now it is just a rotting corpse.

Open source net would be the biggest way to rebel against the JWO.

i remember hearing some politician say that the Internet was the biggest hurdle they have ever faced against their global tyranny.

Freedom of information is the great enabler of all other freedoms.

Install Java Runtime Version 7 or higher. Or use unofficial russian i2pd.. yeah, legit as fuck.

The commercialization started in 1996~ with the DOTCOM bubble. It's subsequent crash in 1999 gave us peace of mind until late 2002. In 2004 the last of the nerdy guys were there. Things like GoogleVideo started in 2005~. Like you said in 2006-7 the normalization of the internet occurred with mass pushing of social media and the mass advent of the smartphone.

Oh no, the kikes are rasing the bar to legitimately view their kike trash. This sure is bad for us seeing as how it worked so well for Cable.

Like we won't just rip it anyways.

Embed very related

unless you're 40 years old user, i'm betting you didn't

When the VA Tech shooting happened (((they))) opened the floodgates to CIAbook. Should've known something was strange when people 'threw sheep' for fun. Which turned to poking. Fucking social medias has done more harm than talmudvision has in ages really.

Oh no! Now how will I watch webms on the interneth8 machine? :^)

This problem, like ALL problems is caused by normalfags trusting jews. If you give Netflix money, YOU caused this. All of you people that pay money to soulless corporations collectively deserve the suffering that these corporations will bring to you. Of course, someone like myself won't be affected because I don't give money to jewtube red and I don't have Amazon Prime. I feel no sympathy for anyone hurt by the new DRM policy.

agree with the (((hidden))) part of your post but it is because of those normiefaggots that ultimately the free flow of information is going to suffer. do i feel bad for anyone that gave shekels to schlomo for this DRM bullshit? no. but will it more than likely affect myself and others like myself negatively? oh yeah. hence why there is anger from other posters in this thread mein nigger.

THIS. the talmudvision required more time for the disinformation to saturate into the viewer. social media gives a whole new meaning to "instant gratification" and with this comes a new era of (((justice))) to gather those gratification points.

ahhh goolagvideo - what a warm failure huehue.

>watches (((entertainment))) illegally
>still watching (((entertainment)))

nigger stop taking their bait

> w3.org/Consortium/fees

So if we get 8000 euros together we can learn all this information.
Kikestarter anyone?

An Aethernet?

Browser -> UFEI Bios -> Intel ME/Amd PSP

We already have multiple ways to leave the goynet behind for good. All three of these have been developed to the point where you can start using them right now and have been that way for at least one full year.
The problem is that most people aren't willing to spend the time to learn how they work, so the only people using any of these (besides Tor) are nerds pissing around with the tech for it's own sake. In my opinion the most important thing right now is for us to actually start using this stuff instead of humming and hahhing about there being no alternatives to the world wide web, as if nobody is doing anything to solve that problem.

This is why the darknet exists. Normienet is about to have its depleted uranium curtain dropped on it and it's going to spend 10 years dying as identity-free darknets rise.

This is a shitty forced meme forced by people who don't know how it works.

put you on a list and are difficult to use correctly, but they are a good start. There's still A LOT work to do, though.

I remember Internet 1.0 and anyone who tells you that NuInternet is better is a damned fool but the truth was it was over before it began. I remember my first time on the Internet at the University my Mother worked at, I was awed but equally amazed it was allowed to exist. The truth is, Government isn’t stupid they had to allow the Internet to be free to make it an ubiquitous part of everyone’s life, now that has been achieved they are free to control it and so to everyone and everything.

These are the last days of the Internet. We will find a way of staying in touch, they can’t close us off from each other but they can classify us as criminals for doing so. He who controls information controls the truth and they will find support from the public when they give people life sentences for engaging in wrongthought outside of approved and policed platforms.

Dystopia.

What is Holla Forumss opinion of this?

Install SmartOS

Go to Holla Forums and ask there or do your own research. There are way too many people here who don't know shit and spread disinfo.

Netflix and Amazon will use DRM, Youtube might use DRM too, most of the web won't, though.

Whelp, there goes youtube-dl

There have always been more or less complicated ways around it.

I know. "Guiz the Communists are taking the internet" thread #6000000 lol.

Yes. Amateur networks, free, and we have to do it.

China is part of the MIT secret club. But while China has many willing trading partners, no other country is willing to let China handle its censorship policies. Time to learn all the darknets that exist, and to make new ones too.

Sort of. What will come will necessarily be a different design than the old Internet. We will try to make it better and more elegant, because let's face it, the design of the first Internet was a kludge.

I am imagining that the infrastructure will be something like a user-friendly HAM radio. Imagine if everybody had a Piratebox on his windowsill.

Why Doctor Stallman, I didn't think you surfed InfinityChan! How good to see you!

Long ago, an obnoxious megalomaniacal genius called Bruce Sterling wrote a book about what would happen when the nations of the world were balkanizing the Net but some nations realized that they could become data havens. The idea is that a data haven is like Switzerland. It is small, neutral, defensible. It handles everyone's data. It does not play favorites. Instead of a Swiss bank account, everyone wants to have a server in a data haven.

Suppose that Beijing goes full-on book-burner. Suppose that the USA degenerates even further (hard to imagine, I know). There are still about five billion humans who are not necessarily willing to knuckle under to either China or the USA. Some of those five billion people will have enough cash to start up data havens. Many data havens will fail, but some country - maybe Hungary, maybe Iceland - will enact Swiss-style laws protecting data privacy.

You are ignoring the legal factor. Just because up until this point policy makers have been lenient almost to the point of willingly appearing ignorant of Internet policy does not mean this will continue. The cabal of controlling tech giants had to form, grow, consume, monopolize and then be brought on board. Had aggressive legal policy been implemented before such a closed network of controlling parties have established itself then the endgame would have been jeopardised.

Now that it is practical for the Internet to function (this does not mean in the way it has been understood to work in the past but to literally function) with restrictive laws, they will be formed.

You want to communicate online? Sure you can! Via an approved social media platform. You want to operate retail space online? Sure you can! Via an approved ecommerce platform. You want to upload and share media content? Sure you can! Via an approved media platform. Each with their own T&C’s (which can operate above the law but are formed with policy makers in exchange for market dominance).

If you go against the grain you will either be no-platformed by the cabal of established web giants or you will be breaking a law.

As a backup, maybe. For everyday use we can stick to existing infrastructure. We need to use anonymization and encryption technology no matter what infrastructure we use. Not only do WE need to use it, it has to be widespread and normie compatible to blend into the masses.

(check'd)
Wew, I have long fantasised about operating a nation such as this. Thank you for bringing this book to my attention.

OpenNIC. Change your DNS resolver and stop relying on faggot shit.

What's wrong with IPFS?

So your assumption is that we're going to live under china tier censorship? I think this is going to be highly unlikely and there's little technical defence against this, but sure we can prepare for this.

Why though? The longer your dns queries travel through the internet the more likely they're being snooped on.

IPFS is similar to bittorrent in a lot of ways:
1. Communication between nodes is not encrypted
2. You either need to run an ipfs client (normies aren't going to do that, so you're limiting the user base to suspicious autists) or use more or less centralized ipfs nodes, which can be easily snooped on.
3. No dynamic content, this means no imageboards on IPFS
4. Still not Tor compatible
5. Development has stalled for years

We could try doing this.
Set up a foundation and move into some small, mostly irrelevant but easily defended nation. An island one perhaps?

It may not be the most optimal and final solution but it's the best move for now until other technologies/protocols mature.

They did this shit with DVD's.. 4chin haxors broke the code in 2 weeks.

It's a shit solution for most problems. The only thing I'd use it for is a distributed meme folder or other static, frequently accessed, user-created content consisting of small files that are rarely or never changed. If you want to host real web services, Tor and i2p are much better solutions because 1) they encrypt your communication, 2) hide who's communicating with whom, 3) you can have dynamic content.

So, would this shit be cucked by a simple VPN?

It was a rhetorical reply to the user, faggot. I know what we already have, I was pointing out the possible ways this can be attempted. Forcing those backdoors to operate through their fuckery.

DRM usually means that you can't copy or modify content arbitrarily. This has nothing to do with VPNs.

Video game companies can't even stop people cracking their games despite constant attempts with crap like denuvo.

Dummy, that is ONE fucking service. Nothing is stopping you from posting or hosting your own fucking content on yours or another's service under fair use.
While you may take soft-censorship hits from the corporations, the government can't go after you for something protected by fair use.

OH NO THE SYNAGOGUE WON'T LET ME POST MEIN KAMPF TO THEIR BULLETIN BOARD
So start mailing them copies. Leave a reading on voicemail. Just keep putting it back up. At most they can take it down.

There's a large demand for DRM in gaming, the most effective they've come up with keeps a game from being cracked for only a period of days to weeks. Many experts will consider DRM on the web to be a bigger problem, worthy of their skills. We either fight, physically, or wait for it to be subverted - voting and complaining is pointless.

Effectively but not as crude, the ideal is for the normalfags to be unaware that the censorship exists. China is acknowledged and accepted as an authoritarian regime so crude censorship is fine. The west works under the illusion of being free, thusly censorship must appear as no more than sensible efforts to reduce terrorism and hate. The end result is the same thing.

The difference between China and the West will likely be that the West having taken things slower will more effectively punish those implementing workarounds. China for years tolerated VPN usage for example. When the West finally brings the hammer down on the Internet expect those who bypass controls to be punished as terrorists.

It has been the cornerstone of my fantasy nation for years, a place that began via Method of Loci, a method that I encourage greatly. Essentially the Swiss model but with data instead of currency, Switzerland has enjoyed tremendous benefits operating as it has and I see no reason why a nation a data alternative wouldn’t share the same benefit. The incentive to leave it alone in peace is universal to all those who trust their data to it. Those fringe nations who do not would likely be dealt with by other nations who do should they threaten attack. Leaving the data economy to focus on keeping things comfy for it’s people.

The essential factor is developing a flawless security method. If the nation does not have a unique way of assuring total data security then it has nothing to offer but as long as it does then it has something more powerful than any weaponry because should you threaten the people of that nation, it could crash everybody as the press of a button.

What is DRM TL;DR:
DRM'ed content (usually video) is encrypted and can only be viewed with special software. This software is going to be your web browser. The content has meta information, also encrypted, that tells your browser what you can do with that content, such as:
- only view the content in specific countries
- only view it a limited number of times
- prevent you from copying the content.
If you right-click on such a DRM'ed video and then click on "save video as…", your browser will just be like, 'no'.

Can we write our own decryptor? Sure, but that is going to be difficult because the decryption keys and algorithms are secret and obfuscated and hidden in your browser's code so that reverse engineering it is really difficult.

Additionally, DRM might require DRM hardware inside your computer that is even more difficult to reverse-engineer because opening a chip and understanding how it works requires a lot of time, special microscopes, special knowledge and a special amount of money. Most computers don't have such hardware yet, but there have been plans by Microsoft and Intel since the early 2000s to add this.

There's software for this sort of stuff already, it's called cjdns. It creates 100% encrypted mesh net that can function without Internet if the users are connected somehow (even through several hops, and it can be used as an i2p-style overlay network if there's no direct link). It's intended to be as simple as this:

The French have several islands in the south Pacific and south Atlantic, inhabited only sheep and weather researchers, each occupying several square miles. They have no strategic military purpose and no resources like oil, so if we combined our funds we could purchase one or a cluster of these islands fairly cheap.

Then we finance the development of the island/islands by opening casinos on them. Investors give us millions in exchange for allowing them to build a casino/hotel on what will soon become a luxury resort island in international waters with no national regulations to deal with. Tax the casinos for steady income. Invest in undersea fiber optic for internet access (these islands already have satellite internet uplink, but since that can be jammed and is dependent on weather/available sats overhead, that should only be a backup), build a massive server farm, start distributing our own OS and TOR-style encryption/anonymity software, and begin hosting whatever people are willing to pay us to host.

For security, we start buying up military weapons; machine guns, howitzers, some old Exocet anti-ship missiles. Allay suspicions by advertising our newest tourist attraction: for a nominal fee, you can shoot/blow up shit on our island's target range. Then we hire ex-special forces to act as security for the island. Anybody tries to raid us for violating their laws, they get a surprise greeting from anti-aircraft/anti-ship weaponry and boots on the ground ready to defend the island.

Thus, we all become billionaires and a haven of freedom the world can look up to.

The data is the security. You hold the data of the world; you have something more powerful than any conventional weapon. If you found a nation with an army then it will be seen as a threat and will be invaded. If you quietly form a nation who’s economy is based on secure data storage it won’t be seen as the same level of threat and stands more chance of being allowed to develop. Once formed you have an essential doomsday device without having to have spent a penny on heavy arms, better still you have been paid for make it. Your people can live free, a small pocket of people comfy in a shire of their own making.

Furthermore, the (very) long-term plan could be to grow in power and influence globally and raise the Black Sun worldwide. We will never fix the world through brute strength because the enemy holds control of the world’s biggest armies. We MUST thing outside of the box, we must save the world from the treachery of the merchant and secure a future for our children.

think*

That data is only held for ransom so long as they're not willing to send a helicopter full of federal agents to raid the island. You don't officially have a military, just security guards/police to maintain order on the island, and any weapons you have are for tourists to play with. A military is no threat if it is literally incapable of offensive action, which ours would be.

Having to send a real military force to enforce your cease-and-desist orders or demands to hand over data is more than most are willing to do, particularly given the negative publicity involved in attacking a tiny island nation full of tourists for hosting a 'forbidden' website like piratebay or a Chinese political forum. The armed troops on the island are a deterrent against smaller incursions (as well as pirates or a government attack disguised as pirates), and the negative publicity is a deterrent against bigger incursions.

Holding data hostage and threatening to leak it if attacked only works if they can't cut your undersea cable and jam your satellite feed, both of which are easily done. We'd need a presence in other nations as well for that threat to be realistic.

Never rely on one defense solely. You need a layered defense to have any hope of survival.

Are you actually retarded enough to think I was suggesting we could somehow CONQUER THE WORLD with a small army of hired mercenaries on a tiny island that exists as a tourist trap/data haven?

we still have >>>/namibia/

For such a nation to be successful it would have to hold the data of opposing world powers. In this scenario the fall of said nation would be mutually assured destruction, you wouldn’t need to defend yourself because others would.

Understand that ‘federal agents’ raiding this is Island would be no different to them invading the Russian or Chinese mainland and vice versa. This is why developing a flawless security method is essential. The only flaw in security is you, the data nation, BUT you operate under total neutrality, your very existence relies upon it so you are trusted.

You are thinking upon conventional terms, you WILL NEVER achieve anything but being crushed so long as you do.

Are there any guides on digging for anons that want to get involved?

OpenBSD because linux kernel is for fags. No one will hold your hand with OpenBSD a steep learning curves is included!

First, are you sure it's impossible to have an imageboard on IPFS? Even if so, I think I saw some imageboards on I2P. We could see a future in which the imageboards are only for the autistic few who are willing to run I2P.

Second, what do you think of neocities? Third, what do you think of steemit?

No mandatory access controls. At least NetBSD has kauth.

You call this autistic, son?
gopher://port70.net/1chan

Proxied into http:
gopher.floodgap.com/gopher/gw.lite?gopher://port70.net/1chan

I think if we're going that approach it may be wiser to get under the protection umbrella of a more powerful and relevant nation.

Since buying up the island will still mean we'd be part of France.

So a British island may be a better investment.
They're well known for letting the overseas territories get away with all kinda bullshit. Look at the Cayman islands for instance.

I guess the only way to secure data perfectly is to have it disconnected when not being accessed?
Like physically disconnected.

Yes unconventional data management would be a must, a separate unconnected data bank with physical interaction needed to transfer data, high end encryption at the users end that also requires physical interaction to read the data.

Connected data storage is specifically designed to be flawed. Hence since before the time it became a reality Governments were warning of its vulnerabilities.

You think we could just buy land on the Falklands? They only have a population of ~3000 and it would be cheaper than buying an entire island.

In practical terms, yes an existing nation implementing such an economy would be preferable but name a nation that isn’t corrupted to it’s core. None can be trusted, perhaps if a western nation has it’s government totally replaced by a new party it could pull it off but it’d be tough.

Well requiring physical presence would be one level of storage option.
But really too inconvenient plus you can easily do that yourself or using a conventional safety deposit box.

More you'd have to sign into your account with the data haven and authorise the physical connection of your storage media.
It could all be automated without much difficulty.
Ensuring a sufficient level of login security might be tough. Many banks offer physical encryption keys these days that are linked to your account and provide a random code you can use to login.
But the rest is piss easy.

It is a very tough problem, but this a good, it makes emulation tougher. To work such a nation would need a unique service. I am confident that there are autists out there would could solve the issue.

The British Government is to corrupt. They are VERY happy with the status quo.

a good thing*

Well connectivity may be an issue there. And of course the political situation is less than optimal with the hostile power so nearby.

In simple terms the idea is to be an offshore data haven that runs as an equivalent to an offshore bank.
So we'd be providing services for individuals and these governments along with their cronies.
Such a service could only survive by serving any and all customers.

Look at the Cayman Islands. This is what they've been doing in regards to banking for decades and the British government has never touched them for it.
Makes the odd angry noise when people bitch too much but never does anything.
The British government is always pretty hands off with the overseas territories.

That’s right. Totally Apolitical, the more diverse the customer base the better.

Is there anyone that isn't happy with the status quo?

I know they have internet and they have a lot of land. I doubt we will find a 100% perfect situation anywhere and on the off chance Argentina does take the Islands what would that mean for us? Argentina has too much on their plate as it is I doubt they would come after us.

I feel that were that the case then such people would never be permitted to be in Government in the first place. It is tough enough to be tolerated as a political party if you aren’t part of the status quo let alone actually be allowed to take power. A data nation would have to form under the radar.

You don't need to put all your eggs into one basket. Hungary and Iceland are already rebelling against the status quo. Rather than imagining one perfect data haven, imagine a world with dozens of imperfect but practical data havens.

There are millions of unorganized people all over the world who want their privacy back. They don't all have exactly the same interests. They are not a nation. They are a socioeconomic reality, searching for an outlet. Imagine a network of countries that cooperate loosely. E.g. imagine Kazakhstan is willing to trade bandwidth with Liberia, so long as it's guaranteed to have no traffic for China. Meanwhile, Liberia would be happy to host anti-China data, so long as the users went through at least one proxy. This kind of arms-length wheeling and dealing is likely to produce a lot of entrepreneurs. Some of them will get it right.

The limited number of financial havens can only exist because they are unique. Should many nations emulate them then all advantages would be lost for them. My personal ideal is not to attempt to change the world via data handling methods, thought that would be nice I see it as unpractical, to messy, to easily undermined. But if a single nation could pull it off then at very least there would exist one place free of the wickedness of the modern world. A place where a small pocket of people could be free and prosper away from the influence of the nation destroyers.

Iceland is ideal but I feel there people would need to harden up first and understand the significance and importance of what they have. Such a nation would need to be hardline nationalist that appreciated its isolation as a blessing.

it's*

I should like to bring these pioneers to the new world, wherever it may be. There exists no more frontiers but the mentality lives still. We have for years talked of breakaway civilisations, I believe that a data economy could the be crucial key that provides viability to the plan.

The timing of this technology after the UN ICANN transfer says a lot. Fucking Obama, worst thing that has ever happened, was the US giving control of the internet to the UN, for no evident gain.

Some autist won't be able to get anime, and is going to break their system in a week. Happened with the Australian porn filter, in less than a week.

Here's a technical document explaining how this API works and how it can be implemented. I'm still combing through it myself.
w3.org/TR/encrypted-media/#introduction

Is that Kaiji?

its = possessive form of it
it's = it is

Denuvo was preventing games from being cracked for several months. Now it's less than a week before it's cracked on a new game. I don't understand why the shekel hoarders that run these companies fall for this blatant Jewing. It's obvious to anyone who looks at the numbers that anti piracy measures cost way more than the money they potentially save, except in one thing specifically: blockbuster movies. Only reason that so many people pirate those (my dad does it for fucks sake) is because going to the theater is a joke and nobody wants to support whiny actors that hate them. Netflix, Microsoft et al. are being Jewed by the folks who make Denuvo, Securom etc.

For game companies the first few weeks are the essential big money period.
Same with movies.
They need maximum revenue in that time to satisfy shareholders

Good luck with the international communication part, since the phone system went completely digital. They want to boot all the wrongthinkers off of the internet, isolating them from each other. Set up a physical meetup? Here comes the Sword of Israel in a state-funded fleet of Trucks of Peace.
On the plus side, the infrastructure is a house of cards, with so many points of failure it's a wonder why some malcontent hasn't already kicked it over.

My nigga, once SHTF, what FCC? We got a replacement comms network right above our heads. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skywave

But user, corporations are people.

Smells desperate, doesn't it?

Until HAARP fucks that up for everyone

They'll push it for a few years then give up once after it fails miserably, as all DRM is destined to fail.

every household should have a BSD based router.

what did they mean by this

There already is a working imageboard using IPFS. Check out github.com/smugdev/smugboard

Once IPFS JS implementation is done (high priority) normies don't need to run an IPFS node for shit to work seamlessly and without them even knowing.

You obviously have not been keeping up or are just regurgitating bullshit like most pseudotechies.

This people are seriously retarded. The internet is literally the last post for western civilization. Once that goes… they will see blood flowing like the rivers of ancient Babylon.

My question is, why haven't they tried to take Holla Forums down with all their dirty tricks?
They seized the domain and ddos'd us for weeks, but it all slowly petered off…

idioms.thefreedictionary.com/count noses

Hello, you don't seem to understand what "Fair Use" is.

No one cares about you in this world. You might be robbed. You might be shot. You might have your original content stolen. Too bad.

If you have the resources, you can invoke the power of the state to recover your property. After the fact. You can file a police report. You can mobilize the courts to file a copyright lawsuit according to your country's intellectual property rulez.

As it stands in America, no one is allowed to use your content. If they use your content, you can invoke the power of the state against them to make them stop. You must bring a suit against them, and they must defend themselves, and you must win.

In defending themselves, under some circumstances, they can use a defense called "Fair Use". This is a defense that would lead to defeat for the content owner under particular circumstances that the court finds benefits society and does not harm you.

That's all Fair Use is. A legal defense.

Let this be the end of this topic here, for this is not the thread topic.

I bet that Mozilla's move away from their legacy addons to webextensions has to do with this.

That's going to be me installing gnunet

That's a beginner using git

Reee.

A majority of video content circulating the web contains clips from other sources. Even MSM does this. How the fuck they are going to even enforce this is beyond conception, but the very idea of breaking a video up into every single frame and copyrighting them is absolute nonsense. And on top of that, each frame can be tagged and coded depending on it's colour map, then bots could identify duplicates. Even if they could do that, they would have to map that all out in order of the footage origin all the way to where the particular instance being investigated, which is impossible. It can be done with facebook, but only because people make accounts and literally give up their data. Unless they make an account for every object (including persons) that can be recognized in a frame image and somehow network the whole mess out in calibration with reality (impossible) this is pure autistic screeching by big data and the kike legal system. If they can pass this, we can surely get away with something equally effective. The whole thing is going to backfire in their faces.

This is literally the equivalent of patching the first amendment with a new system where you need a license to each and every word, and every word is copyright. They can't even implement this insane system.

The main backfire I can see coming from this is that they have shown their hand.

The kikes fear memes in the form of webms more than any other form. This authoritarian system will assault meme freedom but (as you have seen before with twitter, faceberg, etc) it will leave the antifa, ISIS, jewish supremacist groups unscathed. This is white genocide on a digital level, anons.

I understand that the subject matter in hand IS about developing a technology that could be universally applied BUT even in the case that such a thing could be achieved, there would be businesses and institutions that would be granted immunity. Selected interpretation/ implementation of law is where quasi-democratic regimes excel.

None of my video down loaders work anymore, only the ones that cache directly connected to an app (not in gallery)
YouTube video editor was terminated too and all this right after a new law has been passed prohibiting downloading of music even as a personal copy

No, he's the guy who invented the WWW.
You do know the difference, right?

There literally is though.
>>>Holla Forums785171

Count heads is objectively better. Everyone has a head. Not everyone has a nose.

try this (require FFmpeg and NodeJS):

addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/youtube_downloader_webx/

lol no it took a bunch of years until some norwegian hacker broke it

They want to bait as many they can with fake reviewers and commercials to buy it before the word gets out its a pile of shit.

It's time to assemble our forces. Rally the boards. Spam this thread onto Holla Forums. Spam it to halfchan. Spam it on Leddit.
BROADCAST THIS EVERYWHERE, WE NEED NUMBERS FOR THIS AND WE WILL NOT BE THE ONLY ONES TO CARE

soooo, mesh nets everywhere?
seeded by anons
need teck info graphics for CJDNS and Telehash
i think we have anons everywhere
little by little
hell this could be the birth of a digital nation, complete with markets and citizenship rights
immutable global

They found a use for us.

wh-what use might that be?

Does the rat know what use he is to the scientist? However that is a problem for another day.
We need to focus on alerting as many people as possible to this. Numbers can only help us here. Hell if we can meme it into the news all the better.

We could set something up like the Diamond Dogs, use "oil platforms" in the middle of the ocean to house the servers, as well as fund a small private force to secure them from any potential attacks from any other political entity.

Post with dubs of 9, response with dubs of 1.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

But when the rat becomes aware of the scientist, the experiment must end.

t.The "scientist" who has been watching you.
Just kidding

/thread

dig a gopher hole

soooo, no to mesh nets?

ooooh it's sliding

get to it then!

You didn't tell us what problem "mesh nets" is going to solve ans how.

Mesh nets solve the problem of relying on internet service providers. They're not really viable at the moment, but imagine packets being routed by collaborating wifi routers.

CJDNS is no wifi mesh. I like the idea though.
But why not just use existing ISPs and hide what and with whom we're communicating? Tons of time and money has been spent on developing and deploying fast and reliable infrastructure. They won't censor darknets (and if they will, there'll be a way for them to shut down our mesh nets).

I think now is the time to get behind Holla Forums and /g/. They have been warning us about this shit for years. If we can create a net with DRM free content we can effectively become the CD Projekt Red/GOG of video platforms. Bitchute also seems a good way to side step this.

NO MORE FREE FLOW OF INFORMATION
ENGINEERED EPIDEMICS
FULL RESTRISCTION OF WRONGTHINK®
AND THE LAMBS FOR THE SACRIFICE WILL BE NONE THE WISER
ALL THE WHILE (((THEY))) WILL HAVE THEIR SHELTERS
Serves this piece of shit world just right, that's what you get for breeding normalfag scum.

And how do you propose to do that when they come up with "muh (((information turrists))", and your family not only turns against you but rats you out for being a wrongthinker?

tell them to self investigate before listening to retarded celebrities.

Only Pluto's Kiss can save us now

So was W3 created by any legitimate government entity?
No? Then they can get fucked. And even if they are they can still get fucked.

So let me get this straight, you have access to a computer, with whatever fancy web browser on it, with DRM software that allows you to decrypt video streams, and you can't figure out how to decrypt video streams?

Worst case scenario you buy two computers and use the output to record fgt. But seriously, you really don't see a fucking flaw with this idea? It's shit. It didn't work to begin with, I guarantee the tech fags working for these companies are telling them it's not going to work, and the faggots in charge think it will when it won't.

More than that though, W3 is supposed to be a standards organization, so how exactly are they supposed to both give web developers the standards for DRM content while also preventing hackers from getting access to the information?

Also W3 doesn't control the internet, they control the "web" -basically they created the standards for HTML.

Which just gives us a chance to make an even better language at a fraction of the cost with none of the shortsighted retardedness of HTML.

Existing ISPs should be made obsolete, but until they are, they have their uses.

Ideally, it should be possible to buy information for cash. A common man in 1950 could walk into a bookstore and buy a book without leaving his credit history. It should be easy for common men to connect to an anonymous mesh net and buy some bandwidth for cryptocurrency … without showing identification.

Can you elaborate?

That's going to attract the kikiest of all kikes, the ones willing to send (((some people))) to abduct your kids to make you bend.