There will never ever ever be another .hack// game series or even a good remake of the first series

The future is boring

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.coldbird.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2218&p=15263#p15263
forum.coldbird.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2095
dothackers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18515z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I still have them all, shrinkwrapped except the first one.

One day ill sell them .

Yeah, Namco doesn't seem to give a shit about the series at this point, much less in the west. They seem content to leave both IMOQ and G.U. at $200+ and $150+ here respectively, and even if they did a pair of cheapish HD collections or PSN rereleases, I get the feeling they'd just pull a Sega and keep them Japan only (the way Yakuza 1 and 2 HD are).

faggot

Are the G.U. games any good? I've only played the first series and never looked at G.U.

TFW NEVER PICKED UP QUARANTINE WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE AND NEVER WILL GET IT EVER

f-fuck you.

Quarantine's honestly the only entry in the first subseries that's all that expensive (contrast to how each part of G.U. costs roughly $50-80). Unfortunately as a single segment it's horrendously expensive.

Not going to bother picking up IMOQ unless I can find a cheap copy of Quarantine first. I mean, I managed to find G.U. Volumes 2 and 3 really damn cheap, so I'd like to think there's a possibility, but when Quarantine is close to a good $150 complete, somehow I'm not sure I'll be so lucky.

Whoops, should have been $50-60. Though From what I've seen Redemption's getting closer to $70.

I havent checked in a while, I was trying to mod my phat ps2 with and HDD but I think something fucking up, it won't boot to the new dash board after I put the hard drive in . Which makes me sad, because this would be the first game I play.

Yeah, I've been meaning to set up my fat PS2 to place games from a drive, but I've heard that doing so's generally not as easy as, say, modifying a PSP or Wii.

How hard would it be to do a FFX/X-2 HD version of the first 4 .hack// games? I would buy it, even if it was digital only and I would shell out for a CE limited physical version.

It'll never happen but how hard would it be for them to do it anyway? Couldn't be that hard, could it?

For the PS3/PS4, probably not real hard (I mean, a number of other PS2 games saw HD Collections on the PS3, albeit with varying degree of quality, and the PS4 is apparently more open for PSN rereleases of PS2 games than the PS3 PSN was), but if you mean for the Vita (given FFX/X-2 was multiplat), it would likely depend on how well the games could potentially translate to a handheld (control and savewise, though the latter is less of a problem with modern handhelds having sleep mode and such). Also, I might be wrong, but I hear that the individual games had a lot of dummy code to fill out the filesizes or something, so I would assume removing that you could probably fit them all on a blue-ray disc or whatever. Just my thoughts though.

That's assuming Namco cares to though (and I'm pretty damn sure they don't at this point). I'd also guess that the games have a lot less of an availability issue natively in Japan.

Even if they're more openly available in Japan, usually these upgrades are to add the little things they wanted to in the beginning, or to fix some of the flaws or just up the graphical fidelity anyway for the new gen. And even barring that, just rereleasing on PSN can't be too expensive, though I'm not really sure the actual cost. Plenty of shitty PS2 'classics' have hit the PS2 classic lists though.

It'd be neat to have them on Vita but I'd understand why they wouldn't come to the system not to mention how much space they'd fill on those expensive memory cards so I'd not be too upset. I know it's casual shit to shout "but free money!" because it's not (PSN costs and authentication costs) but… I know none of it matters since Namco will never ever, not to mention potential licensing costs, but it'd still be neat. These games are up there with Super Mario RPG before it came to the virtual console in price, and the collector market shows some demand, so I don't see why Namco doesn't take a little notice and consider it at least.

They're okay. I think everyone agrees that the first series is far and away the better between the two, but G.U. on it's own is still pretty good.

I wish .hack//fragment got an official western release. Honestly I'd love a modern co-op rpg set in the .hack universe.
I remember about a year ago a couple of anons from here played a fan translated version of fragment using PCSX2 but the threads were never really popular & I think we got like 4-5 people participating at most. It would be nice if we could pick it up again.

Thers one way to make it happen. I think I have the files sitting somewhere.

forum.coldbird.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2218&p=15263#p15263
forum.coldbird.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2095
seems to be all the necessary files and info

EMU-LATION

ACROSS THE NATION

HIP GYRATION

SEMEN GENERATION

I completely forgot to mention, but if you haven't watched .hack// roots do so before you play G.U.

Seriously, the game makes so much more fucking sense, especially in the beginning when you understand who the fuck all the important characters are that Haseo knows but the game never explains

So Holla Forums, who did you end up cybering?

Isn't that technically gay?

you're cybering a female PC, it's totally not gay

But it's still a boy on the other side

As much as I love the dot hack series, you have to admit they fucked up a lot of the continuity. It'll take either a miracle writer or a massive retcon to fix everything. Oh and they need to bring back Crim.

Animu shit deserves nothing. Same scum as newsmedia, those spreading it should be killed.

Thank god for that, Namco-Bandai is one of the greediest, scummiest publishers around. .hack was fine by itself with the early stuff, and GU was acceptable. Everything after has been trash, and we really don't need to further disgrace the series.

Leave it as it is.

Where's the ROM? I feel like playing it again but I'm not going to fly back home for the disc.

Watching roots itself made no fucking sense, the manga made even less sense. The fact that Haseo turned out to be Sora from .hack//SIGN made even less sense. Great music as always, however. You can always trust .hack to have a great OST.

the .hack// games were never good.

Why play .hack when you can play Tales of, which has superior ARPG gameplay?

fucking .hack// fags and their shitty overdone MMO theme

One day I hope they at least make a game that looks that good as the OP pic. It's sad all the years that past by and we still can't get that good even if it is pre-rendered.

Calm down. I have zero doubt that some vidya you enjoy will have animu shit too. It's inescapable if you game that at least one game you play has had an animu or multiple animu. Besides, at the time, it had great graphics, music, and story which is why it spawned such a dedicated fanbase for so long. People were truly sympathetic to and invested in the characters and franchise.

checked

I can't help but wonder if a certain other stuck-in-an-MMORPG series that got way bigger than .hack did demoralised the creators a bit so they just finally gave up and killed the franchise. It's sad the story didn't go the way it did. I loved how the entire universe just connected and the characters of the past just sort of linked together to future ones and we even got updates of what happened to the old protagonists IRL. However they botched so much of the execution and people got too invested in certain characters expecting them to return in the future only to never see them again and that just caused more trouble.

It's because of a combination of factors like the psychological and philosophical concepts and social commentary. A lot of people who liked .hack liked Lain and Welcome to the NHK. It's not hard to see why. The Tales series just doesn't fit into that.

Filename related

Why the fuck do you want another one? There are like 20 games.

Speaking of ARPGs, anyone remember Code Age Commanders?

anybody watch .hack//Sign? its weird and slow as fuck but somehow its pretty good

I may like Tales more than .hack, but screw you.

Honestly, even your pic kind of makes me feel good about that.
It won't be raped.
It isn't going to turn into Star Ocean 4.
It isn't going to turn into Drakengard 3.

If made today it would be horrible.
It would be Neptunia.
It would be a lot of anime drawings face to face with each other talking to each other about cringey moe' shit.

I think it just goes without saying that everyone here has. I even think the dub is one of the few good ones out there. The voice acting was great.

And I get that one of the most common criticisms about the show is how slow it is but just appreciate it for the character design, large and unique cast, music, and don't rush through the whole thing at once. Even after all this time, it's still the best or at least most accurate MMO show so far, even with tech that doesn't truly exist yet.

HERESY

Blame Namco for deciding that's what they want to use the .hack license for these days. Not new games, not new multimedia entries, but costumes in other Namco games. Some of which were never even cleared to come west.

Oh wait, I forgot. They apparently did do a new game for mobile phones earlier this year called "New World" which, while not .hack in the title, was released as part of the Conglomerate and according to wikipedia serves as a reboot to the franchise.

They should have went full DBZ with crazy fights and evolving protag, rather than making him demigod from the start and ride cringeworthy melodrama ride. It's what I call waste of assets.

Yeah I know that, sometimes they choose wrong books to adapt. From what I gathered from internet original novel's writing is even worse.

Eh, people refuse to learn, expect someone to make another anime about being trapped in cyberspace and you have to videogame your way out and for a game from that series.

If memory serves the "two years of glop" subchapter was so fucking bad the editors refused to put those into the actual books. It's since been translated and uploaded to fan-fiction.net for posterity.

Also dot hack is just a less cool ripoff of Kid Chameleon.

It's the current year, user.

I have them all too, but I opened mine
Because I play them

I'm a cute grill user, tell me where you live~
I'm going to tear you in half

Are MMOs even as fun as the game portrays?

As long as you play with a group of IRL friends yes, yes they are.

Well fuck.

/thread

As says, the big draw is interaction and co-operation with other players. Unfortunately, some MMOs don't quite get that, or in some cases (like WoW) have lost that aspect over the years and become increasingly single-player oriented.

you can find the isos at emuparadise.me
check the D subsection of their PS2 section

Speaking of downloads, is the Terminal Disc for G.U. worth a download? Saw it listed once at ISOzone, I think.

That happened because soloautists are drawn to imaginary worlds on physiological level, but once they start playing the game constructed around interaction and cooperation with other real people, they refuse to do so and then complain that the game is shit.
Publisher listens, because guess who the majority of player base is, and make game more solo friendly.
Socialfags leave, and soloautists realize that they're playing single player game but with shittier everything and leave too.

And the result is the currents state of MMOs.

couldn't tell you. Worst case scenario you wasted some DL time, right?

Yeah, I started playing WoW shortly before TBC launched and always enjoyed the interaction. Was sad that by the end of WotLK a lot of people that weren't leveling, gathering materials (provided they didn't just buy them at the auction house) or doing dailies just sat around in major cities all day long waiting for stuff like the dungeon finder to find a group for them.

Well, a lot of the decisions for the characters in G.U. were retarded. Kuhn being Sieg, but not recognizing Balmung in G.U., or really even Sieg coming back to the game after falling into a coma once already just makes no damn sense

About the only returning characters that actually made sense were Wiseman because he's autistic and Piros because he's retarded

But most baffling of all is having Azure Kite, Balmung and Orca, as if they weren't already reusing Kite a lot for no reason

Alkaid

The real sad part is that every other mmo has copied that theme park bullshit too.

Also from a thread a bit back, a thread about hacking .hack games and finding that the way some stuff is coded is fucking retarded

dothackers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18515z

There will never be a good MMO ever again. Or ever depending on how you felt about previous ones. How would you make a good MMO anyway?

Yeah, I contributed to that back in the day. It's a shame it died (and G.U. has nothing nowhere as interesting)

Well, unless you count digging around for cut content, then G.U. is a fucking treasure trove. Also escaping the battle cage, that's fun too until you get hit by a blowback and fly off into space

Any examples?

Of what, cut content? Sure.
These are real spoilers, for the people who haven't played through yet.
IYOTEN and Asta were supposed to join your party in Vol. 3, which was cut extremely late in development. They have full portraits and dialogue (which was missing from Vol. 2, since they don't join you there) and even have marriage videos on the disc
Ovan and Aina were also meant to join your party at some point, though this was cut earlier in development
The entirety of the final act comes out of nowhere because it's a supercondensed version of Vol. 4, which was cancelled entirely
Matsu was intended to be able to weapon change like Haseo, but they hadn't programmed that for the NPCs so it was cut and handwaved with the 'muh I'll never use my heavy blade again' spiel
Skeith was supposed to have a bunch of RPG mechanics tied to his growth and Avatar battles were originally meant to be more complex and common, all of which was scrapped. You even get a message in Vol. 1 about Skeith growing stronger as Haseo levels up but all of that is dummied out; Skeith has set stats for each battle
Those are some off the top of my head, I can look for my notes if people care.

Still have the video?
Otherwise would love to see the notes

All that concept art and even what could be like the OP picture.

Namco will surely go to cyber hell for this.

It's portrayed as not fun until you find others to play with. That's really the point of playing an MMO to begin with. If you didn't want to interact with other players and form a super fun party or guild then you're better off playing single-play games like Nu Male's Sky.