ITT: Post true, genuine heroes in vidya

ITT: Post true, genuine heroes in vidya.

I don't mean any anti-heroes or people who just happen to do the right thing on the way to something unrelated. I mean grand, goodhearted characters who do what's right no matter what

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!gIBAWQKL!F6J7hN4PA-dbKstK3f7ivJJkvbhdM6RSFaYvkhbEugU==
mega.nz/#!3AdQUYSb!R-es6CyGdMm12uPeNgdfLM-bFs5C5m_DwsbWb3OamXY
altwfc.net/
gineipaedia.com/wiki/Legend_of_Galactic_Heroes_(2008_game)
online-literature.com/chesterton/the-defendant/0/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're baiting, but she fucked around for most of FFXIII being selfish and angsty at the gods. Disqualified

Yeah, The Mayor is a great guy.

It's a shame this game wasn't more popular. Lin is easily one of the best characters ever.

You will never have a dad this great and determined

He does it not because he has to, but because it is his duty.

Shulk wanted revenge for a large part of Xenoblade, though. I want to give it to him since he comes around in a big way, but he definitely doesn't start that way.

His sacrifices are not forgotten.

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin ~ Original Sound Version

FLAC
mega.nz/#!gIBAWQKL!F6J7hN4PA-dbKstK3f7ivJJkvbhdM6RSFaYvkhbEugU==

MP3
mega.nz/#!3AdQUYSb!R-es6CyGdMm12uPeNgdfLM-bFs5C5m_DwsbWb3OamXY

These are raw and straight from the source, only the MP3 has been upscaled due to the super low res of the original STRM files.
Enjoy!

A person in real life would've bent over and given his soul to Chaos at the first sight of an invading Norseman.

Moralfags should get what they deserve. Days of Ruin was the only game with balls to show it.

In hindsight I can't really refute this, so perhaps he doesn't count as much as I thought he did. On the other hand almost anyone who didn't know better would say killing Mechon is a morally just and heroic thing to do, so I guess it all depends on perspective here.

Being a moralfag is a risk that only the strong take. The weak are sly and pitiful, only thinking for themselves and not of others.

If a man can't change, then nobody could ever be a true hero. Nobody's born a champion of justice.

Carlos is the purest ZTD

Ramza motherfucking Beoulve

Thx bruv. Love Yoshito Sekigawa/Hirano's works. I'm glad he worked on Codename STEAM's soundtrack too.

What have you done

Not today.

Touché!

Posted a true hero, user

He also worked on Pic Related.

Thanks for telling me by the way, I'm off to download it! I love the guy to DEATH.

W O W.

Niggas still dead.
All that flowery talk and self-righteousness gets you personally nowhere in the end.

The multiplayer is pretty damned good - it even has voice chat for online play.

I think the point is that heroic men don't care about what happens to themselves personally

but the other character types you mentioned are better

altwfc.net/

That's a sign of mental illness.

Jecht, and Auron after Jecht got washed away from Dream Zanarkand.

Jecht wanted his son to be a strong man, so instead of coddling him like his mother must, he takes the fatherly role in that he acts as an idol to surpass. The only reason it didn't really take is because he got whisked away to Spira before his child really grew up.

So, like a bro, after the whole adventure with Auron and Braska, Auron, who died and became a soul zombie unsent fucker, made sure to protect and parent his bro's child in Dream Zanarkand, while Jecht is busy being the unwilling vessal of a death god and shit.

Another good father in the same game is Kimahri, who despite being from a completely different culture and an outcast at that, manages to parent Yuna and keep her from being bitter at the world, despite her role as summoner.

The biggest deal is made about Tidus and Jecht's child-parent relationship, but it glosses over Auron and Kimahri's roles as parents, which means they're good ones, as Auron had to deal with a young Tidus (Who grew up to a successful sports star, so he is clearly well cared for) and Kimahri became a parent with no real difficulty, which shows real character.

t. Mayor

Nope, it's natural selection.

Lin really is a best. She's the perfect foil to both Brenner and Will, and her snark comes off pretty well when things aren't serious. I love that she has enough character to betray Brenner's moral code and execute Greyfield. That was the moment of the game for me. Will confessing to Isabella onboard a crashing super-bomber is a close second though. I imagine this sweet romantic scene happening in the middle of a mass of panicking pilots, soldiers, and blaring warning alarms.

On a side note, I think DoR sales were good enough for the series. AW isn't super popular, none of the games in the series has individually broken a million units sold. Thank God for that, the Advance Wars series can rest in peace. I don't think the current IntSys would do a new AW title any justice.

Well, he did leave behind a group capable of taking down much, much stronger armies, and they fight for the right reasons to boot. I'm sure the post-apocalypse would have been much worse off had Caulder won against the 12th battalion. Brenner may have died, but he helped make the world a better place before his time came. That and Will admits to Waylon that a part of him might be doing the hero gig because it makes him feel good. One flies around being a jerk, the other rides around helping survivors, but both do so because they want to.

Based Karl, a true emperor, 10/10 would make sigmar proud.

He just wanted to rid Pandora of bandits.

Move aside faggots, you all lost.

Daily reminder, this is the only character Burch did right, but he gets shit at the end losing everything.

She saves herself, her friends, and her country with diligent studying and effort.

"Better place' is subjective buddy.
This is why moralfags inherently fail and are contradictory, there is no objective standard of right or wrong for them to so doggedly adhere to like it's the truth.

NO MARIE, NO BUY.

Akagi is shit compared to Kaiji

This isn't one of those threads, shoo base goblin

pick one.

Laughing paladins.jpg

She just wanted a world without borders and major conflict.

The fucking riddler is more of a hero than that nigger. At least he puts your brain to the test.

Not this shit again.

You've never seen the good guy kill the bad guy?

Shouldn't you be back on Cuckchan?

If Kenshiro is so one-dimensional, how do you literally not understand the character at all? Half of those points don't even make sense and the other half are reasoned by the way of Ken's backstory and experiences.

I have the feeling you go there yourself. Not surprising, since you seem to be in you edgy teenage years.

… do you have a tumor?

I mean, that doesn't even fit dumbass. This is the Christian image board, Cuckchan is the hive of devil worship.

I have seen it, many a times.

However, those scenarios don't indicate a actual moralfag but rather someone whose values have been twisted.

Everyone cares about what happens to them personally. Being heroic is being able to put that aside for the greater good.
As an aside, I don't think there are any heroes, because everyone has flaws, failures, and vulnerabilities, and in the real world they aren't endearing. I think that people can sometimes act heroically, though, and that it's important and admirable.

Too many people, including you, use that where it doesn't apply. Natural selection is a genetic phenomenon, it doesn't apply to societies or social interaction or ideas or anything else. Even more annoyingly, that term is misapplied most often by edgelords.

Also,
Is it 2008 again?

Nice buzzword.

How can you have such shit taste in anime characters?

You misunderstand, fool.

It is not good to let a murderer mass murder, and those who will not relent in their evil, they must be imprisoned. This is what you can do in a society where prisons are available.

But if a man is trying to kill you, do you seriously believe you should let him? Then you are evil.

Fact is that if you don't go all out like him, you're going to die. As a result he will die. But he will kill no man forevermore.

You misunderstand, it is better that we can imprison evil people who kill and rehabilitate them. But should they not accept imprisonment, they need to die to protect others if they are willing to kill for any reason.

It is evil to not put a stop to evil where it sits.

"If you kill him, you WON'T be like him." That's saturday morning cartoon bullshit pushed by parents who are afraid of their children growing up and leaving the nest.

Kamen Rider is a good example of this kind of justice. They kill plenty of people, who are monsters. But when one shows that he isn't a monster, despite having a monstrous appearance like the rest, they willingly accept him into the fold and he becomes a recurring character.

Now, monsters in this series are usually killed because they either will not stop killing or doing horrible things, or they just keep reviving and continue to do horrible things. But humans are killed as well, should they be in league with the monsters of the series.

Cops kill. Cops clean up the streets. SWAT also kills. same thing, different clothing.

Worse

back to cuckchan

Yeah, now do you have a response to the rest of my post?

Then man, do you have a small reference pool.

This shit's common in Saturday morning cartoons, and I guarantee you that if they were allowed to show humans dying in those, they would do it as a habit for evil people.

It doesn't always work like that. Most scumbags will lie to you to make it seem like they have reformed when they actually haven't. Niggers get out of jail and get straight back to raping and killing.

You expect this bugfaced moralfag shit meant for Jap six year olds to be an intelligent and nuanced discourse into moral theory?

What a faggot.

Do you honestly think you have to be intelligent to be a good person? It's a natural fucking instinct.

People who invest into "moral theory" are the same chucklefucks who invest their time into "critical theory", both are corrupt assholes who dream of warping society to fit their own interests.

In other words, you need a Kamen Rider Kick to the face.

Wait we're going with the scenario where you kill in self defence here? I mean obviously that's okay-ish but I was clearly talking about the context of the image here.

Always a last resort imho but I can see where you are going with that.

Exactly, so kill em.

Which Kamen Riders are worth watching user?

I get the impression you're Brazilian or some other kind of South American mud monkey.

Man, you have the whole dismiss-a-post-and-pretend-it's-a-reply thing down to a science.

Kuuga, Stronger, Agito, Fourze, Amazon, V3, Black

Guess who didn't play Peace Walker!

Also, it is easy call people hypocrites when you don't hold yourself to any moral standards and oversimplify others' standards.

I'm taking that has yes. Fuck out of here Pedro.

lel
Well at least you've outed yourself.

Thanks user, I'll look into them. I've already watched OOO and Decade.

Not hard to change IDs. Though I guess BR would have trouble figuring it out.

Yeah, it's too late now, cuckchanner. I suggest you go back to where you came from, because you can't walk that one back.

Y'know, despite him clearly aiming for disregarding posts he does have a very tiny point.

Culture.

When you take that into account it's pretty clear there are minor differences on people thinking what is moral and what isn't, and usually not because of the culture itself but rather the small little dialogue in between the lines on how it came to be.

I can post a example but it would be long winded and blogposty as all hell.

Really, nigger? It's okay PERIOD. The only reason you should be wary if someone says they killed in self defense is because you have to determine whether or not they're LYING.

Alright, let me give you a lowdown

There are 3 eras of Kamen Rider, Showa, Heisei and Post-Decade, which coincide with tonal changes.

Showa is classic shit, if you've watched star trek and liked how hammy it was, you'll like pretty much anything there.

Generally, Kamen Rider 1/V3 (V3 is a direct sequel I think.) Amazon (fuckin' ridculously off the charts on ham and cheese), and Black and Black RX for even more of that.

Heisei is generally more serious, with more understated moments and experimentation.

Kuuga is a "realistic" kamen rider police show, Hibiki is literally a series of fucking ACTUAL MUSICALS, but the production values are really high for the first half, Den-O has actual comedy and it's pretty silly, and Decade is a crazy crossover show.

Then you have Post Decade, which was basically influenced by Den-O and it's more teen friendly, but Drive is a comfy buddy cop show, Fourze has some of the best comedy in any Kamen Rider Show, And Ghost is currently running but I actually found myself laughing at an exceedingly overacting character who may as well be a hyper Shatner.

Pick one, can't go wrong.

That's right.
For example South American subhuman shitskins often look up heavily to superheroes because their lives are complete shit, they live in filth and are surrounded by poverty and crime so they sit around their shit-stinking huts huddling around their coconut powered computers watching dubbed Japanese tokusatsu for children waiting for a bugface hero to rescue them.

Seriously, you need to go back.

Not what I was going for m8.

He agreed with me though. Shitskin mud monkeys by and large love this crap as a result of their "culture" (and childlike brains).

and he can't read to boot.

Thanks to you too user. I've been meaning to get back into Kamen Rider for a while now but I just got sidetracked by god knows what.

Don't backpeddle faggot. You know I'm right.

user. The Culture Influence I'm talking about is ridiculously subtle.

Sit the fuck down.

And that's the end of user, a whimper, not a bang.

seriously, you are one sad human sack of shit. go outside. go to college! get some goddamned exercise for once.

It's not as subtle as you think. It's in pretty broad strokes.
Rich, educated, strong nations don't want for heroes. Third world shitholes do because they want somebody to rescue them from their every day misery and they can't see the world around them in anything but he most stark moral contrasts as is befitting their primitive understanding.

Do as you please. If refusing to define what is right and wrong helps you stay sane, so be it. But I will never rely on a person like you, who can so easily shrug off responsibility by claiming that neither side is right or wrong. I don't believe in people who don't believe in themselves, and you clearly don't, if you can't make your own moral compass. If you can't define yourself, how am I supposed to know who I'm working with? I wouldn't trust someone who's more chameleon than man.

I'd say the same thing to you. Maybe get some understanding of actual human interactions beyond horrible Jap special effects shows. Go look up actual sociological tests that show the true face of mankind. Or is that information not available in your village that runs on coconut power and gets raided every other week by warlords and drug cartels?

You keep saying this, do you have experience in being a sad sack? Because goddamn, you really are, you'd know.

Are you sure you're not projecting, Mr. I need a hero? Go an hero or something.

BR please provide something or worth beyond your clearly ass-flustered excuse for insults. You've done nothing this whole thread but appeal to emotion because a guy dressed as a cricket somehow became your role model.

There's a filter feature for a reason.

I'm talking to an idiot who basically called me a nigger because he couldn't argue right.

you're projecting.

So this is the complete faggot I heard about.

I want to start Sip-posting to show how shit this derail is but that's just gonna put the autism scale to maximum overdrive.

There's nothing to argue. You've revealed yourself as a third-world mud monkey who's view of humanity is completely skewed since you needed to retreat into a fantasy land where children's superheroes zip around and save the day to rescue you from the crushing reality of your existence in a failed nation crippled by corruption and poverty.

The fact is children tend to enjoy moral centric protagonists. It appeals to the moral policeman freshly instilled in their young brain. Older audiences tend to enjoy characters who are reflective of real people, characters who are morally ambiguous or at the very least are logically fleshed out.

Adults who cling to black and white heroes are essentially overgrown children. It is likely they own every silly piece of plastic Nintendo has spawned and think the WiiU is an innovation.

All accurate.

If being called a shitskin is what makes someone brazillian, then do you live in the chaos dimension or something?

Because I think you're just being a ranting faggot.

Cmon, let's get him to 300, we can break the record!

I use it as a blanket term for all South Americans. Argentinians are just as bad as BR.

Wow i had no fucking clue, i've never seen anybody mention it before.

I didn't ask you a question, faggot.

Please calm down my white friend. I'm sure your Japanese bugface gives stern moral messages against letting your temper flare up :^)

Will you two just fuck already?

Oh, so now I'm white?

What happened to that fervor for your hatred of Brazilians? what are you, bi-polar as WELL as being a stupid faggot?

Today I will remind you.

The filter feature exists for a reason.

How are you doing fellow enlightened white man?
why are you arguing with such shit skin peasants when you can spend more time propagating the white race.

Let it go, my man. You've already won. Let him stew in his self misery and move on.

but I LIKE provoking him

and I'm going for a personal record.

Brain damage maybe?

But then I wouldn't witness a double record breaker.

Breaking the record would require dedication, which is a redeeming quality. I think you'd be better off searching elsewhere.

Checked

I always had some nagging feeling that Khimari was supposed to die and be replaced by Auron.

What a time to be alive

Dumbass

You're the only one whose been provoked thus far, Pedro. All I've remarked are simple truths you find incredibly offensive because they challenge your ass-backwards world view you developed from watching children's shows well into adulthood.

This quote needs to be immortalized.

Now all we need are that "don't play your 3ds in public Diamond Dogs" guy and the circle of autists we can mess with will be complete.

something something you're a faggot who keeps trying to posture that he's better then everyone else because YOU adopt an edgy and "mature" yet immature viewpoint that relies on emotions rather then logic something something

We've all been 11 years old, babe.

Ignore the Brazilian. let us watch our aryan entertainment and enjoy the great works of Clutch Cargo and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

That is literally the exact opposite of what I've said.

also when was "something" a buzzword?

next time just use the text option to type the ID numbers. Save you the trouble.
Otherwise 10/10 I fucking kek'd

THE MAN

BON VOYAGE BASE GOBLIN

LoGH is a legit masterpiece and far more sophisticated than any piece of moralfag entertainment which by and large is for children so I don't get what you're trying to imply here.
Oh wait, is LoGH 'edgy' now too to moralbronies?

He's mocking you. Isn't it obvious?

I never said it was edgy, I was merley suggesting to watch something better than dealing with these such inferior beings. if you excuse me, I will now keep watching one of my best aryan animated pictures.

Yes Pedro, that's why I'm asking why he's using LoGH in what I am assuming is a negative connotation.
Could you go watch your bugface shows while the adults are talking?

I just came into this thread. what is this bug face show that he is muh dicking about.

CUCKED TO DEATH

THE FILTER FEATURE EXISTS FOR A REASON.

LOGH is an anime, retard.

so use it!

ok

see

Take a look at those characters.
This guy is actually trying to simplify the infinitely complex subject of morality with these characters.
Am I seriously in the wrong here for find this absurd?

LOGH elevates the anime medium far beyond its station.
Far, far above some live action superhero garbage where all the characters dress up like insects.

This thread has gone past the point of no return.

Kamen Rider?
By the Gods I love Kamen Rider.
it is a great show to teach children the concepts of morality, fighting for what you believe in and the preservation of family and friends.
it even has mature themes that can be enjoyed by both children and adults alike. the fact you simple dismiss it because they're knights in insect armor shows you are no true Aryan, but a self hating Brazilian trying to project your insecurities.

C'moooooooon Tingle!

Show me the complexity of morality other then don't be a dick, stop murdering people and get along, and don't steal like a jew.

Morality only gets "complex" when a bunch of mooks want to justify their shitty actions to hide behind academia and influence and you've been on that ruse cruise for ages it sounds like, considering that you've literally holding up an anime as the highest form of entertainment.

Man, it's out of fashion to call you a fedora neckbeard but you fit pretty much every criteria, goddamn.

I terribly apologize for misunderstanding you and being deceived by an insecure brazilian who cannot into metaphors and fight for the greater good. I hope that he will learn his lesson in the long run.

FOREVER HE WILL BE MY HERO

Truly sad, isn't it? To watch anons get caught by such cheap bait.

But user, you're the one saying that a character that's based around the idea of pure, uncorrupted morality is shit
There's nothing wrong with having clear convictions, even if it is unrealistic in most cases
You shouldn't focus on making a character realistic or relatable, you should focus on making them interesting and plenty of people find the idea of a selfless hero who does what he does for his sense of right and wrong interesting

Fuuuck.
I just want tingle puss. C'MON.

user…

gineipaedia.com/wiki/Legend_of_Galactic_Heroes_(2008_game)

I can confirm this: I've played the game back when I had my old desktop PC years ago.

That fact alone makes my dick superior to every LOGHfag in this thread.

Fuck-

Everyone was awkward in their teens.

I'm sure he will. else he's facing a Kamen Rider Lawsuit or Kamen Rider Get Shot While Resisting Arrest For Murdering A Guy Because Of Edgelord Autism Behavior.

You're a joke, Pedro. You literally have a child's understanding of the world around you and your blatant anti-intellectualism perfectly characterizes you appropriately as a subhuman in my mind.

Morality, isn't a real thing. It's an arbitrary set of rules, different to each person, and usually with religious roots. It doesn't really exist. You can't sense it in any way. Its just an idea and ideas change.

In the grand scheme of things, feeding the homeless is no 'better' than murdering them because 'better' suggests there's a definite, indisputable measure of morality, which there isn't because morality changes.

Actions therefore can only be judged on how they help the species as a whole. Killing is thought of as 'wrong' and yet nobody bats an eyelid over the amount of killing we're doing in the Middle East to defend truth, justice and freedom and all that jazz.

There are no absolutes. There's no such thing as pure good or pure evil. They're synthetic constructs. Raping a child has some good elements because it brings pleasure to the rapist. You may find that repulsive, but you can't deny it. Making people happy is always seen as an admirable quality, right?

In terms of fiction, truly GOOD, thought-provoking, well written fiction, the point of moralfags is that they're tragic figures. It's impossible to uphold their morals in the world they live in, and not because the world is just bad and everyone's bad and I'm good; it's because the moralfag is so stubbornheaded that he can't realize he's on an unsustainable path (ie tragedy).

Look at Noah for an example, the story was supposed to be rooting for how great Noah is for not being corrupt and evil and saving all the pure creations of God, but Darren just filmed what was really happening (and described in the Bible), Noah going to extremely immoral ends (letting millions die, many of whom were likely not 'evil'; and in the movie, obviously planning to kill the babies and not let the family live on) in order to carry out the mission he was given. He's a moralfag and the whole movie, you watch him knowing he's wrong.
If the movie just turned and said just Kidding! He was right all along now take home these values of strong father figures and steadfastness to your ideals, well it's just an dumb umreflective movie, most likely written for kids, like yourself.

Given the most popular works of fiction amongst adults for the past, say 30 years or so, no, not really.

but you're an absolute faggot.
the only redeeming this is aknowledging aryan video games of great morality like Super Noah's Arc 3D

There we go, the wall of text mental breakdown I was looking for.

Hey, and it only happened after 28 posts. There's hope for you yet!

hoo boy, we got a "I'm an adult" type autist here! Time to reel him in!

(checked)
My aryan!

Super Noah's Ark 3D is truley the most aryan of games. it has the struggling morality of letting all the animals live or fufill god's promise of keeping 2 of evrey animal. truley no other game can surpass it.

and he's reached 30! What a record! Let's see if he can be goaded into 40 posts, folks!

Yeah,

I guess I can't expect anything less of a monkey than to hurl shit everywhere.

From the way you've been talking about it, it seems like you think characters should be complex for complexity's sake. I'd hate to read anything you'd write if that's the case
Enlighten me then on what you consider good complex characters. Name like 3

I like LoGH and all but the political and moral dilemmas presented are extremely simple and not elaborated on much.

yeah, I found more complex dillemas in kamen rider as it holds closer to the individual.

Tony Soprano
Walter White
Hannibal (Mads)

You know, from some of the most popular modern tv shows watched by adults?

rollin

Generally, if you support the murder of human beings, exploitation and all that shit, you deserve the hammer of justice, and you forfeit your human rights.

That fact that you don't know this simple thing is proof that you really need to get a life.

those are just babby edge characters.
if you want true morally complex characters

Nigga you watch bottom of the barrel soulless mass market tokusatsu and you want to condescend to anyone? Why not watch something with actual merit like Tsuburaya's works, the Gamera Trilogy or Daimajin instead of Toei's drivel? Or are you one of those babies who shits his diapers about older toku because not enough flashing lights and gimmicks?

Kenshiro was TOLD DIRECTLY FROM GOD THAT EVERYTHING HE EVER DID AND EVERYTHING HE EVER WILL DO IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

If that's not the shittiest and most uncompelling character you've ever heard, then yes, you are a moralfag.

how do you not know it was actually god and not his subconcious trying to justify his actions?
you rely too much on the physical plane ond not the mental.

This guy gets it

Spot the 19 year old. You better be trolling because my god the edge.

It's terminal.

In both the manga and anime and OVA Kenshiro has divine right to carry out his moralfagging ways.
You can't argue this is a good character. A righteous altruist in a post-apoc world should only be written to fail (Brenner) and not get wanked by the narrative and turn into some moralfag revenge porn story.

Because I don't really care about them.

Also tokusatsu is a broad term for special effects shows in general in japan, and I like Kamen rider and THE FACT that it's hammy.

It's like asking a reading enthusiast if he'd like to knit. If I watch any of those, it's because i'm actually interested or intrigued. So sell it to me, what makes it special?

And yet, everything he does is the correct action. Don't you get Romanticism?

it was fun while it lasted but really we will never see great writing like Hank's character ever again. know any private servers?

he can't because Brazilians can't into romanticism. it's like the faggots who think only chain mail bikinis should exist and can't comprehend the other side and thinks it has to be autistically "realistic"

gimme waifus or give me death

Having watched this thread go to complete shit from flagrant shitposting, have a somewhat relevant essay that I thought was interesting in my plebeian tastes. A Defence of Penny Dreadfuls by G.K. Chesterton.

Oh, here we go. "you should write it my way because i'm offended and my fake version of reality is actually reality"

Are you triggered? are you seriously "triggered" by this? Go back to fucking tumblr or write your own story that no one will care for because you're a dumbass faggot who wants to change reality to fit him instead of becoming a practical human being.

So in other words a legit fucking pleb who doesn't really give a shit about the genre beyond le ironic enjoyment.
I don't care about this current arguement but now I agree that you're probably a fucking Brazilian.

If the authors and publishers of 'Dick Deadshot,' and such remarkable works, were suddenly to make a raid upon the educated class, were to take down the names of every man, however distinguished, who was caught at a University Extension Lecture, were to confiscate all our novels and warn us all to correct our lives, we should be seriously annoyed. Yet they have far more right to do so than we; for they, with all their idiotcy, are normal and we are abnormal. It is the modern literature of the educated, not of the uneducated, which is avowedly and aggressively criminal. Books recommending profligacy and pessimism, at which the high-souled errand-boy would shudder, lie upon all our drawing-room tables. If the dirtiest old owner of the dirtiest old bookstall in Whitechapel dared to display works really recommending polygamy or suicide, his stock would be seized by the police. These things are our luxuries. And with a hypocrisy so ludicrous as to be almost unparalleled in history, we rate the gutter-boys for their immorality at the very time that we are discussing (with equivocal German Professors) whether morality is valid at all. At the very instant that we curse the Penny Dreadful for encouraging thefts upon property, we canvass the proposition that all property is theft. At the very instant we accuse it (quite unjustly) of lubricity and indecency, we are cheerfully reading philosophies which glory in lubricity and indecency. At the very instant that we charge it with encouraging the young to destroy life, we are placidly discussing whether life is worth preserving.

Looks like you're losing your composure pretty badly there Pedro. Stop pounding the keys with your shit-stained fingers and actually try to articulate a reasonable thought.

DW deserved that punch and more

ADOL MOTHERFUCKING CHRISTIN

the lack of self awareness you have is astounding, but also not surprising.

I've never watched the sopranos so I couldn't tell you about that
Walter white isn't really complex at all. What makes him an interesting character is how far he's willing to go but that doesn't give him any more dimensions, it's just his motivation. If that's your standard for complexity, I'd say you should read more
The TV Hannibal is awful and your suggestion of him solidifies your love of edge. I would have agreed with you if you said the movie version

if you noticed in the episode he showed restraint in his punch and it was just a slug in the arm. there was something pulling him back from punching the face.

More ad hominem without saying a single thing of actual merit. Every single thing you've said this entire thread has been nothing but an appeal to emotion.

You spent most of this argument calling him a Brazilian

EDITION 2
NOW WITH PICTURE

now 40 dollars at the Holla Forums store.

Yeah but I wrote out a whole thing he just ignored by calling me the edgy buzzword because he has no other response in his pea brain.

but all you've done was call him a Brazilian.

You're the one sounding pretty triggered right about now.

EDITION 3
NOW WITH WEBM

Free DLC, but you must have a copy of Edition 2.

I've wasted time writing out pretty substantial responses he refuses to actually address in favor of limp-wristed insults, so I return the favor.

I know, she wasn't even hurt, hell, she even screamed louder from the icepack the dad gave her. Arthur is a better man than people give him credit for. DW needed some serious reining in though.

Look, i'm running out of Editions, here's early access.

DW will grow up to be an SJW

Desperate.

You started with calling him a sub-human spic, then you bothered to write your little Essay on complexity and morality, not the other way around

I have like 4 more set up.

Also, read up on the guy using Ctrl+f, ID is d01dc2

Well at this point it's pretty clear he is indeed a subhuman spic but at least I was considerate enough to argue my views to him and unsurprisingly had him hurl feces regardless rather than engage in any kind of debate.

roll

dang, this ost

thanks OP

think Im gonna pirate this game for my flashcart

EDITION 4 CANCELED
YOU ALL ARE SHITLORDS
SUCK MY DICK, CHOKE ON IT
-phil fish

Are you a shill trying to undermine the white race with such abysmal, snake-like faggotry? Because with attempts at duplicity this fucking obvious, you have even LESS depth than the 'moralfag characters' you're so insistent on bashing.
Fucking hell, you have less depth than any Kamen Rider character. Re-evaluate your life. Consider getting some sleep and setting some tasks for self-improvement for tomorrow; you desperately need some.

You are more annoying than the edgelord.
He is at the very least correct in saying your views on morality are childish. I will add to that and say they are dangerous too.

Do you have a link to this all together?

More dangerous then mister "let's kill anyone we want because morality is fluid!" idiot?

Dangerous to whom, murderers? That's a good thing.

No duplicity here buddy, I wrote out
and he didn't' address a word of it.

Do. I hope you enjoy it. Days of Ruin is a fucking gem and Nintendo need to make a new Advance Wars game

I do, in fact, along with the rest of the essays of The Defendant. It's an interesting thing to pore over, I've been intermittently reading it this night.

online-literature.com/chesterton/the-defendant/0/

Nobody said this. It's another strawman you've constructed.

Basic morals are determined by our own nature that dictates what's the best way to live and survive, it's simple and evolves as society evolves.

Thanks guy.

Rolling.

He may be Brazilian, but your argument is wrong

Tell me why.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Alright, time to get the bait out.

character assassination and insults.

No, it isn't. All functioning societies have rules like "don't murder and don't steal" and this is because they survived and that morality is what keeps them alive. Other bits of law that include "kill all non-believers" because evil men made them for the sake of personal power.

Go kill a homeless person and see where it gets you in ANY country. Or you know, kill yourself instead and save the world the trouble of doing it for you.

Addressed.

Gravity, Space, Darkness, Temperature, Physical Laws, and laws like Don't murder or steal because it leads to societal death.

What, because they have dangerous jobs dealing with edgelords? It's tragic that they even HAVE to do it in the first place, idiot, it's because of people like you who require that people have that job in the first place. If evil didn't exist, tragedy would never be.

aaaaaand we've gone into the realm of fiction to prove a point in reality.

I don't respond to that shit because all of it's retarded, end of story. See what happens?

The thread was looking so good, too.
Also, benevolent deities count if they're major characters.

user, why did you help derail this thread by responding to cheap contrarian bait?

You're looking at the wrong guy here.

Too bad he got played up and ended up doing Sigma's dirty work

No, I'm talking to you. That other fucker laid the most obvious, simplistic bait, and you've been falling for it for 38 posts. Fuck him for baiting, sure, but why are you giving him the time of day?

It's reminding me of an essay about Camus' The Fall. Basic premise is that it is criticising those who challenge conventional morality because they themselves aren't in a morally superior position, but just want to sit in judgement of the judges. See the modern social justice movement.

He isn't baiting and he actually believes this shit and it's hilarious. I'm actually baiting him on this one.

A BR and a mudslime apologist too I see.

Lol it doesn't count becuz da ebil man tricked all these millions of people within this culture!

The whole reason the homeless get killed is often because everyone knows nobody will miss them, including the cops who do the bare minimum to find out what happened.

Who even mentioned those in regards to moral theory?

I can't even understand what this means. What's the English translation from BR mudshit language?

So you consider natural disasters, accidents and disease evil? How can they be 'evil' without malicious intent, or really any intent at all? Is this really how you see the world? You consider everything an 'us or them' scenario? You really think the bad guys from Kamen Rider are responsible for every single minuscule outrage and offense that occurs in the world at any given time?

Didn't you do that first evoking children show superheroes and then comparing them to cops and SWAT teams?

Hell, it doesn't matter what he believes, nor what you believe. You two are dancing the shitpost tango in what was a perfectly nice thread.

God damn, get a room both of you.

Ahahaha what an arrogant spic

Your assertion that moralfaggotry is bad throughout the whole thread is because there's no objective reality to hold it to. Yet if you were to ask people that were not edgemeisters in high school, they would give you the same statement that murder is bad and that you should not do it
Read this too

I'm calling them evil, what more do you want? Wait, do YOU actually sympathize with them or some shit?

Lack of ID from being off the grid, lack of evidence from canceling subscriptions and not having bank data, mental illness that pushes people away.

"There are no absolutes" Isn't that also an absolute? MIND BLOWN

You can't even read, this was established.

So you bring natural disasters into discussions about morality? Semantics, next.

Cops and SWAT teams actually EXIST, biblethumper.

A gaytheist too huh

a three person shitpost tango may seem complicated, but we can try to dance with 6 feet.

this thread got boring.

well I'M entertained.

alright it seems I even got it working
odd that the game hangs with YSmenu, but works with the normal r4ds software
usually it's the opposite

And very stupid
Any good Kamen Rider games ? I've only played the SNES one and All Rider Generations

Go back to cuckchan you godless spic

I don't know. but I've been having fun playing Deus Ex and it's almost time for my yearly play through of Half Life

Enjoy the ride, bro

Once again you only look at the world through the broadest possible strokes.
That a few million mudslimes believe in murdering gays and slaughtering the non-believers isn't some fringe element that's pushed by da bad guy. It's a fundamental of the entire religion. Islam alone dismantles your entire argument that morals are static across the entire universe considering that their standard of right and wrong is completely alien to the western world. But instead of acknowledging it you just call one evil and deny it exists in any moral context because you are incapable of comprehending subjectivity.

All that shit you mentioned is exactly why nobody cares about killing the homeless. They are non-people.

There are no moral absolutes, nobody said anything else about obvious objective facts of our universe.

I can't read gibberish typed by a chimping out ooga booga getting an uncomfortable dose of reality his brain can't handle.

You claimed without clear malicious intent from a sentient being tragedy as a whole would not exist. Which leads me to believe you are fucked up enough to believe natural disasters, accidents and disease are not tragic simply because no intent was behind them. Where's your vaunted morality in regards to human life there? Did you lose it so fast?

That's right. Police and SWAT teams exist. I'm glad you realize this. Which is why comparing them to about the most unrealistic fucking thing imaginable, superheroes dressed up like bugs, to draw some kind of paralleled about real life is utterly fucking insane.

Go to bed Pedro, you are more fucked up than any 'edgelord', your morals are not based in any reality the rest of us occupy.

As far as heroines go, I cannot think of anyone better than Celes from FFVI. She was treated as a traitor by everyone. Yet, she was the one who brought everyone together to fight after the world was ruined. The best part, her character was feminine rather than being a stronk female character who plays the role of a man.

he may have been mr whatever, but he never hesitated to lead when shit hit the fan

No problem.

Now, since 41 post man- 42, 43, 44- is whinging about how no one will fully address or attempt to deconstruct his argument, let me have a go at it.

In what sense? In the sense that it is not a tangible metaphysic, admittedly something of an oxymoron, or in the sense that it is not otherwise arbitrarily 'real' in the sense of being physical law? If it can be held that mutual altruism is almost universally beneficial between sapient beings, and that is mutual, not pathological altruism, then does it not follow that that is both pragmatically and objectively the correct, moral way of being? If that is not a morality in sense of moralitas, 'proper behaviour' or 'good character,' then what is it?

Ideas shift, but they do not change. 'There is nothing new under the sun' is a phrase that holds meaning for very good reason; if an idea has been had, then it has been assuredly had before then in similar form and context in another time and place, or if one subscribes to Nietzches' eternal return, occurred in another iteration of precisely the same place. Philosophies recur with the passing of time, and not merely from philosophers' draw upon their predecessors, but in a vacuum, the wheel is reinvented.

This is incorrect. It is always better that the beggar be upraised than to be butchered, both for the greatest net material benefit of the two parties and for the compassion necessary, which is perhaps the only technical measure of what is fully moral, as it comes at expense of self without conscious hope of recompense. This may mutate into pathological altruism and insincere slave morality, certainly, and yet it is still the ideal method and circumstance. For that situation in which the beggar cannot be saved, as in, for example, any number of first-world overpopulation fallacies, it is still not a good, nor is it for a greater good, only a lesser evil against a greater, for the unpreferable action is only taken when one may not afford to have preference. It is an evil even under a flatly material model.

Does it? The present species of men continually repudiate, when not intoxicated and indoctrinated and sometimes even in spite of it, the current postmodern doctrines and the rank universalisms ala Islam. They wish to have nothing to do with it, inherently, as long as they are not immersed in it. To hackishly derive from the Chesterton I dumped , their characters are vulgar, but good. How, then, does their morality change? How does the morality of what is most beneficial change- what is the most correct behavior- change simply because of the incompetence and incorrect behavior of a measure of modern men to their own detriment?

Oh? And why does this matter? What 'helps the species?' What is the species to do? Is it to proliferate? To evolve? To merely exist? Must it attain some achievement or function? You quibble about morality being 'arbitrary,' and then arbitrarily declare a materialist standpoint of murky human progress as the measure of morality. In the next line, you quibble about morality and absolutes as 'synthetic constructs,' and yet ingroup altruism, well-measured justice, fidelity, courage, all emerge completely organically, either from the evolution of the human organism or the unseen pen of an authorial exterior God. On the other hand, your quibblings are very literally synthetic. A freak circumstantial bunch of thought-vomit, spewed forth by inorganic circumstances brought about by less than ideal conditions for the greater developed human populace.

And brings dysfunction to the child, damaging the current and following generations. 'Some good' is not net good, and if there is no net good, it cannot be good, only a great evil, and if it is a net good but not wholly good, then it is not good at all, only a murky thing and therefore always a relative evil. You muddy the waters, but if we are to quantify things by benefit to the species, then this point is no point at all.

Once more striving to enter your own thinking, can a child rapist be considered as holding personhood, being totally outside the bounds of utility for the functional, ordinary human organism? Can you be considered as holding personhood, muddying the waters so thoroughly? If we must speak on whether to feed you or kill you, which is the wiser option? It is no choice, nor is it a good one, but perhaps it would be better to consign you to a place where you might find answers to some of these inane questions.

According to whom and to what taste? You and yours? You are not the target of so-called vulgar fiction that is most vital to the maintaining of civilization, and one should wonder if the kind of vulgarly unvulgar 'thought-provoking' fiction you should like to have should be produced and yourself allowed to continue enjoying it and for that matter to live and be capable of doing it. If the homeless are nonpersons for their lack of utility or their mere subsistence, then you are assuredly lower than beasts, as beasts at least only seek to sate their needs, not to damn those of all others for the most ridiculous kvetching wants.

But of course, a claim to utilitarianism while rejecting all utilitarian bindings and organic goods is entirely sustainable. Yes, surely, if we will all fall to navel-gazing and tripe-consuming in a quest to ensure that no one can make any sense of anything, or moreso than the base state of being in a universe that one has not himself authored, then our paths and stories will be terribly sustainable.

Noah and Genesis as a whole is a plagiarism and permutation of the Flood mythology as contrived by Yaldabaothian Jews. Why, precisely, should one be surprised that it's mad? And who are you to go on about good taste and raving about toku shows being mindless special effects fests for moralfags, yet subsequently cite a shitty Holowood shlock action-drama thing with a fashionable Biblical veneer directed by a Brooklynite Jew?

You put on airs of being a Holla Forums poster, but you type like shit and write from a relativist viewpoint. Are you some brand of garbage IRC autist ala Rugga? A Holla Forums shitter trying his hand at astroturfing? Maybe a Freech leech, judging by the stink of trash you give off.

Judgement of judges is what I derived from it in part, and it is rather relevant to the present nonsense. One should pay careful attention to his allusion to certain 'German professors' and property as theft when comparing to romanticism of roguery, perhaps. Here, I find it relevant because this disparagement of 'vulgar' literature that displays pure, earnest, and simple virtue that is tremendously necessary in the hearts of both children and adults is not dissimilar to this tired old 'muh moralfags' shitposting.

Can we at least agree that morality is not absolute, but is in most cases a product of utilitarian standards set within a given society meant to optimize its survival, and that often leads to "don't fuck with your in-group; fuck up those who fuck with the in-group"?

And can we also agree that characters that epitomize a given society's image of a heroism tend to thought of as boring due to lack of character development, but can be interesting if placed in the right setting?

Diving headfirst into the shitpost tango

(checked)
I may not be aryan, but I respect aryans such as yourself.

Back on topic:

I can't think of many videogame characters, but I think Apollo was a pretty good guy in greek mythology. Robocop may count as vidya, but it's kind of a stretch.

rolling

I cannot agree on a basis of belief, though I can entertain the possibility and conceptually understand it, as well as using it to deconstruct the argument flimsily using it as a basis.

Of course they can. Good worldbuilding is key, as are drives for the player/reader/watcher to immerse and endear themselves to the protagonist through the circumstances of his story or through supporting characters acting as foils, or both.

Well, even with a dubious ancestry in similar fashion to Heydrich, I'll take it as a compliment to displayed character if nothing else.

I'd give an example myself, but beside nothing coming off the top of my head, the thread's been carpet bombed by this bullshit. Might've been a nice thread, too. Nothing to do but sleep it off and try not to feed into the shitpost machine in the future, no great loss.

Shockingly erudite and thorough, user. Such writing should be saved for more deserving mediums and forums, where they might last and be properly appreciated, respectively.

The only thing that's bad is extermism. Belivingin black and white morality is just as good as staunch belief in total moral relativism

A good example could be Archer. A guy who lived only to realize an impossible ideal and ended up in his own hell for all of eternity because of it.
Then again, it's canonical he is mentally not fully there.

bumpan & roll

Daily reminder that the voice actor ad-libbed the character himself, from which Burch is still salty to this day.

Shit, son, you got a source on that?