Been playing TF2 since 2008

Yeah I know pub but the act nothing has changed over this period of time boggles my mind. Talk about stupid shit in TF2 I guess.

Those niggers are usually the type who play call of duty.

I can't find a single game in matchmaking.
Only other game with this issue was Left 4 Dead 2 many years ago.

Different computers, ISP and a new country later and Valve's source matchmaking never works. Except for csgo.

Unfortunately that's the way of TF2.
Apparently getting headshots and backstabs are more flashy than juggling with the Direct hit or pinning someone on the wall via their crotch

its a dead game

So should I go play OW, the reddit of arena shooters?

There is hope yet, OP. I think the reason these little faggots are starting to learn is because of the skinnerbox method of giving out levels. Whereas I dropped in an out of random servers where you had drooling retards or pros in a specialized server doing nothing, now there is something at stake for these people. I've faced skilled teams more now than ever before after the F2P update. They're taking the game more seriously now. Either they get stomped by a skilled team and give up, or they learn from that experience and press on and develop their skills further.

BREAKING NEWS

WATER STILL FLOWS DOWNHILL

You have no clue what Overwatch is, m8

Items ruined the game.

I can never say this with a clean conscience because I loved the flare gun too damn much.

OW is Genji-pros and salt blaming. It's kids are 14 and do talk openly about reddit.

I top them to stop picking snipers and spies on the last point of map 2 in dustbowl especially since none of the them to be MLG with strings of headshots or backstabs. Got banned.

Millenials have no idea what it's like to people who aren't millennials when dealing with the millennials themselves. They are insufferable contrarians.

Spies are now literally unkillable. Spy checking rendered useless. I've played matches since the update and my team literally has to fend off immortal spies constantly assaulting us that have no actual counters what-so-ever.

I really want to met the guy at valve that thought that was a good idea.

Gabe is bad at the game and wants a spy buff, he thought it up. :^)

I've noticed since they have done that you area guaranteed to see a dead ringer every match when before stock and cloak were preferred.

The fact that you've been playing TF2 for 8 fucking years boggles MY mind. What's wrong with you?

That's your problem OP. I've been playing TF2 since 2008 as well. The regular game modes just don't cut it anymore, everyone on them is cancer

I only play Man vs Machine nowadays, where people are forced to give a shit and balance the team

TF2 is literally the only popular shooter you can go to if you want a casual game to fuck around in. No other game thus far can quite fill this niche. And considering all shooters that has come out this year is full on e-sports dick waving I don't think any game ever will

Is this the hot new meme?
Shit is extremely fucking annoying, though. Especially when you catch one spy, he DRs, then you get backstabbed by one of the other 6 spies on the enemy team. They seem to just run around the map in a line after whatever the most obvious route is, and somehow I never see pyros catching them because they're too busy chasing scouts or something. At least I can Big Earner without dying instantly thanks to 20% resistance on normal cloak

Also had a loss where our retard medic ran Kritz and refused to switch when the only obstacle was sentries. That's not the worst mistake, but never underestimate people's ability to be dumb.

I stick with Team Fortress Classic!

Wew, nice meme lad.

nope the game was only good in 2007 and the second it turned to 2008 it turned to shit. only oldfags will remember this

Don't Valve Employees get a special exclusive hat or some shit that lets everyone know they're an employee online?

Didn't the first content "update" come in 2009 though?

like literally tbh smh fam

They get dev versions of all weapons, none of the original valve devs play TF2 anymore, all the money is in DOTA and CSGO now.

I don't think they do. The only employee exclusive thing I know of is Robin's Valve Rocket Launcher.

I think Gabe Newell himself also got a banhammer as a joke item. I've never seen him playing myself but supposedly he used to lurk trade servers a lot. I don't think even he plays this game anymore

TF2's days were numbered the day crafting was implemented. Crafting in any sense of the word is just an autism magnet. And with autism you get horse fuckers, guys who only play sniper/spy and other such abominations that ruin the game.

Honestly, I have a firmly held belief that autism is the sole thing that destroys every online community. And when I said "autism" I don't mean the generic chan insult way, I mean actual, legitimate autism, crippling autism, which I believe is the source of most problems online Most SJW zealots have autism even

Quake died, played UT
UT died, played TF2
Moved to Tribes but it was killed

I don't have anywhere to go.

It wasn't quite that drastic, nor was the game without any problems at launch. The gold rush update didn't drop until late spring and even then it's alt weapons weren't game-changing for the medic. It also gave us Payload mode, which was a huge plus.

It wasn't until the Pyro updates where things really started taking a turn for the worse,
>giving pyro, the classs entirely built around close-range combat, a long range weapon
Then the heavy update,
Then scout,
And it kept going downhill from there. Items really were a mistake.

No, the Medic, Pyro, and Heavy got updates in 2008.

holy shit fuck off just let me pick a server
takes so much fucking longer now
i've played 20 minutes since the last update
and 1800 hours beforehand

fucking ruined

The DR used to be OP as all shit too. Valve's idea of balancing is to nerf into the ground, buff back up again then nerf. It's almost as if the constantly changing 'meta' (i.e. FotM OP weapon) is a scheme to sell items…

Even if it isn't Valve's method of balancing is just to see what items are never used and buff them at random and what items are used by everyone and nerf them hard. Pure numbers rather than accounting for the fact some guns are shit in average hands and amazing in the right hands.

from the beginning core mechanics in tf2 were broken. pretty much all non-6s meta classes that aren't sniper were fucked from the start. engineer is only good for stalemating, and minisentries are only good against uncoordinated teams/people who don't know how explosive classes work. the pyro is only good at close range, but he's also really fucking easy. you either instakill light classes or use critwhore items to deal with beefier classes/jumping scouts. then there's the heavy who is only really good when he's getting healed by a medic, and when he is he's basically unstoppable unless you have the 1 sniper on the planet who charges shots/kills the med or if you can coordinate pub idiots to shoot 1 thing all at the same time.

This so much. Crippling autism destroys damn near everything when it goes unchecked.

Not mild "I like to categorize my toothbrushes by color" autism, or "I repeat the thing I just said" autism, mind you.

The kind of autism that makes somebody a fan of Reek from Game of Thrones. No, not Theon- specifically, Reek. The kind of autism that makes "speculation" videos on what repeating gags the next episode of Dragon Ball Z Abridged is going to have. The kind of autism that makes somebody sincerely want more of those weird "Elsa _" or "Dora _" flash games (or whatever the fuck they are) and makes a "fan forum" for them. The kind of autism that has no goddamn sense existing, yet there it is.

Normally that kind of autism is perfectly neutral and inert- but when you mix it with online games, they become useless pieces of shit that drag down the rest of the team, who never shut the fuck up about whatever inane bullshit they obsess over, and drive away anybody who just wants to play fucking video games.

None of the examples listed above are real. I hope. But it's the kind of bullshit that's really not that much of a far cry from having an obsessive worship over cartoon ponies, or humans that look like animals, or insisting on categorizing people based on their idealized gender and sexual orientation, etc

I haven't played TF2 in years, but do people seriously play Sniper and not charge shots?

Honest to god the average public server post-F2P can't stop a single Heavy + Pocket Medic if they've got coordination and one of the faster healing guns (Kritzkrieg works). On some maps like the inexplicably popular 2fort or Turbine you can sit outside the spawn killing them 1-2 at a time until the server is empty. I can't understand how they can be so fucking bad.

and to add on to this, spy is probably the hardest class, while also being one of the most useless. if you get caught out while invisible, you're fucked because of how long uncloaking takes. if you need to defend yourself, you're fucked because the revolver has shit DPS. your only option is the ambassador and you need godly aim for it to be viable. you can only backstab someone when they aren't facing you which means that the only way to have high DPS is dependent entirely upon which way the enemy is facing. this is a non-issue with every other class. once the enemy knows that there's a spy, pyros will just spray fire everywhere and you're probably fucked.

Post-F2P all snipers do is shoot other snipers and they even do that poorly. I finally gave up on TF2 about two years ago and I seriously doubt it's improved since then.

why charge shots when you can do a sequence of flashy quickscopes that are ultimately useless?

but why

you do realize the server browser is still a thing right?
did you not try scrolling down the menu?

I love DR spies.
Free heads 👌

They removed the ability to see each other's sprays in valve servers.

On the internet, no matter how dumb something you make up is, it almost certainly exists out there somewhere.

Holy shit you right. I cant even spray a "teleporter law" on spawn.

Instead of buffing the deadringer to godhood, they should have left it as-is and added a new item called the liveringer where the spy purposefully drops a ringer that to the enemy team looks like whatever disguise state the spy was in, being either undisguised or disguised as another player, but to his own team it looks like a cardboard cutout.
While ringer is active, spy can remain invis, but ringer only has 1hp and spy must find ammo to replenish cloak.
It's dumb, it's fun, and not completely game breaking.

I've never liked spies at any point, (and I started back in the Orange Box days,) but over time they've consistently gotten worse and worse to the point of being intolerable. If there were such thing as no-spy servers, I'd be there.

git gud

why is this allowed?

That was 90% before
Another old situation
New DR is annoying but inferior to old DR.

why did valve buffed this crutchy shitfling even though it was better before? and WHY DOES IT REMOVES STATUS EFFECTS DAMNIT!
THIS FUCKING THING MADE SETTING SPIES ON FIRE WORTHLESS AND NOW THOSE FRENCH COCKROACHES CAN RUN AROUND PICKING UP AMMO PICKUPS ALOT FASTER

i really, really, really want to slap the TF2 team Fuckers behind this and force them to play this game in gunpoint

Underrated post.

You know what else destroys damn near everything wehen it goes unchecked? dubs

Why, it still has explosives in it, it's not like they fucking vanish out of there

They patched that, no longer gives head :^)

(really though it doesn't work)

It makes them fucking annoying not good