Buying Earthworm Jims IP

I have more then enough money to do so, should I buy it for Holla Forums and do something with it? I remember the creator came and did an Q/A with us awhile ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

tennapel.com/contact.html
twitter.com/wedbush
nichegamer.com/2016/01/27/devolver-digital-offer-to-bring-metal-wolf-chaos-westward/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just give it to Doug TenNapel or something

Yes buy it, get a new earth worm jim game out I miss that series so much.

If you buy it for Holla Forums, nothing's going to made from it (see: Anton and Coolpecker)

Maybe you should give it back to Doug

Better yet, tell him to go buy it himself

FUCK EARTHWORM JIM SAVE BOOGERMAN

I think I am going to do it.

Do what these guys said. Buy it for him.

I would work with him, I have been coding n CS shit for years, just never went into video games with it.
What other IPs on there deserve a notice?

Godspeed.

SOMEONE BUY SHOGO

I NEED THIS

If there was ever time to say:
DO IT FAGGOT
It would be right now.

I don't give a slightest fuck what happens next I just trust random user much more than any company.

I think it will cost 250k, EZ 4 ME.

Just out of curiosity , how much does the wild 9 go for ?

Wild 9 was pretty neat.

OP, if you can, get your hands on EJ.

while you're buying Earthworm Jim also grab it's spiritual successor which is MDK and don't let Bioware or anyone involved in MDK2 near it

Descent, Shogo, Freespace, Sacrifice, MDK

The asking price through/ biding is going from 100k - 250k

Is there anyway I can get (((Mark))) in here so I can contact Doug?

How much does Evolva's IP cost?

DO IT FAGGOT! DO IT NOW!

WHAT HE SAID.

It's like you want to crash this oppurtunity with no survivors.

Just contact Doug through his twitter.

Buy Screamer, so someone will make arcade racers great again

yfw from sofware buys DBTS

What will happen to freespace?

I would buy this.
Never played earthworm Jim but holy fuck I want a copy of a game that was created because of some user on Holla Forums.

If you're getting earthworm Jim, then Clayfighters wouldn't hurt.

Additional thought - why the fuck isn't Notch doing this right now? Otherwise pic related is going to snap them up

Mobile game dev with millions in the bank here…

Kind of want to get Shogo.

Would be kind of funny, because years ago I said on some web forum that I wanted to make a fan remake of Shogo, and got laughed at that it would not be possible. But now I could buy the IP entirely, and make the official sequel.

Who's laughing now, faggots!?

Let it be. You won't do it justice as much as any other company.

I want a new casper game tbh.
Also buy me a ps4 too. thanks bb ;)

DO IT FAGGOT

Somehow I doubt it. Make sure you know exactly what the price of the IP will be before buying it. Then give it to Doug.

lemme guess. pay 0.99 to recharge armor?

Well if you must go for earthworm jim , you must ; i simply would've taken my chances and made something new altogether and just called it a "spiritual successor" to bank on the nostalgiatards

why not

Anyone got any idea how much would Die by the sword cost to get?

All I remember about it is playable skeletons, mantises, and being able to make custom combo's.

SOMEONE PLEASE BUY SHOGO!
I'd love to see that shit come back. An anime fps with mecha.

Hot damn all of that is worthwhile for one reason or another. Do what you will, OP, Earthworm Jim is cool too.

it wouldn't be the same without the outrageous cast of EWJ

it would be armikrog all over again

It was two, to my knowledge.

Also why is no one calling op a faggot for not taking a screenshot?

Actually, it's 4 games, an HD remake, and a TV series.

Surprised Shogo was Interplay.

Would be neat to see it come back.

This too. Please don't let Randy Pitchfraud of Gearbox take it

it was four games

first was very good, second had more minigames than proper gameplay, 3d sucked and game boy game is nothing to say about

the cartoon was very good though

The worst he could do is a harmless failure at attempting to revitalize it. Other companies would do so much worse.

You wounldn't like to capitalize on nostalgiafags and mace a ton of cash? Sucks to be you

At this point, 2 decades after the game, any worst case attempt would be a harmless failure. Even some piece of shit mobile game.

hey retards , the greentext refers to Wild 9

For the love of god yes DO IT

I dont even mind if its not Die by the Sword. I just want another fucking game with controls like that. Theres exanima but i dont think the isometric perspective works with the controls very well.

I wonder how viable that kind of control scheme would be for a first person game.

For the love of God, someone buy these IPs so that shitheads like Pitchford don't get them. I want more Shogo and Descent. Freespace too, but that's slightly less important.

Okay, I will find a way myself to contact him.
I don't want any kickstarter crap involved.

My business model is going to be, Make game, Give out Demo of first level, Release game in full for a good price. I don't want to make a profit, everything can go to Doug.

Well fuck, bully me then.

Freespace

No make profit and buy this shithole website and make it great again.

You're playing with my heart right now, user, not cool.

Please deliver, I'd be interested in at least trying a demo

If you want more descent you'd better pray that Overload turns out as good as the demo because Descent Underground sure as shit isn't a good game.

There's less people who give a fuck about earthgay jim than there's people in Holla Forums.

Enjoy poaching the VA from the Simpsons

would it be worth the price though?

god I hope someone buys it and actually does something with it

Making a profit is fine for someone with a good heart.
You can invest it into even more good shit.
Like said for example
So just take a small percentage if you want and do something good with.

I really hope you're not pulling our legs and can really do this.

That's a little extreme.

Didn't Earthworm Jim just scream and say GROOVY, AMMO, WAY COOL?

He is rather active on Twitter (@TenNapel) if you want to do that. Take a picture of the bill of sale to prove that you're serious about this should it happen, and say that you're more than willing to do a contract to legally transfer the rights to him if he wants to do work on it.

You faggot. Do it, just make it gud.

Also I just want to say

Man this is full of fucking nostalgia trips for me dude, those were some fun games.

Hardly. The administration here is beyond garbage, even at a hobbiest level. They just don't care.
sage because I don't want to derail

thanks for the laugh

Yeah, Castellneta voiced the character, but only (to my knowledge) in Earthworm Jim 3D and the TV Series.

He also has this page to contact him from
tennapel.com/contact.html

guess who OP is

at least I can pretend

Go to sleep user. You're not reading posts right.

Don't be a fucking idiot user. Unless you're Notch wealthy, this screams either 'liar' or 'retard'

He was Castellneta in the cartoon, but he was Dave Perry in the games.

A faggot?

So still a faggot.

Would be a great way to redeem himself.

Awesome, thanks.
Yeah just contacting them now.

Talk about a guy with a very strange story.

BUY SHOGO
BUY SHOGO
BUY SHOGO
BUY SHOGO
BUY SHOGO

Buy Sacrifice you nigger.
And don't do anything with it, just let it rest in peace.

Buy it before someone else does. Then you can give it to whoever you want.

I beta tested MAX 2 kek. It was a stinker.

I wouldn't mind seeing Messiah come back. I like the idea of a little cherub punishing degenerates. I also liked how he would cutely say "pain" when attacking.

Actually it is quite clear notch is one of anons. I actually wonder if we should get him to buy these and make them open source or anything.
If there will ever be a guy who have too much money it is him.

FREESPACE

apparently you have to buy the whole lot, you can't handpick ips.

BUT GUYS
FUCKING BOOGERMAN

I read it just fine ,what reason other than profit would anyone ever have in order to buy this place?

unless of course you're implying he goes through the whole trouble acquiring the Earthworm Jim IP , making a successful game from it only to use the proceeding of that to buy this place that will yield no rpofit ; in which case he should just skip the middle man and buy this place from jimbo wasting his money without any uncertainty whatsoever

Wild9 for sure nigga.

Goddamn that was another good game. couldn't play it worth a damn but for fucks sake it was entertaining just because of all the ways you could build up your army and the interactions between the gods.

Dont tell anyone

If it's really you, don't fuck up.

So, is OP buying this shit or what?

We have nothing like that in modern games. Where did it all go so wrong?

Consoles.
Always consoles.

but they started on consoles.

Buy all of this
Waste all your money
Get fit
Finally get GF

It was a literal shit game, move on.

I am just waiting to get emailed back, I might have to use Twitter to get this started, which I don't usually do.

Make sure to release the source code for the love of fuck.

What did?

I think a big part of it was the low quality of the models and map, no matter how you slice it Sacrifice was an ugly game, but because of that things such as raising a mound out of the ground or launching people from a rather jagged looking tornado. It all works well becauase it isn't bound by trying to look visually appealing, it's a substance over style approach I think. A lot of games during the time period took that approach.

Not being a nostalgia fag, but I do think that was atleast an important part of it

why would you post that user

Don't wait! Do it before someone else does! Then you can do whatever.

they

By what fucking criteria?

Alright then, but let me ask you something. Are you sure you can handle it, even if Doug TenNapel doesn't want to be part of a new EJ game?

it's not very cheap.

Other user is right, it's better to jump on this while you can before someone else does, just to lock it away. I don't even think Doug would want to work on it himself in any major capacity, but he would certainly give his blessings should you do something with it.

tell who? I don't have friends anyway

amazing if true.

How are these being sold? Fixed price or auction?

When will Sega sell theirs

If he is telling the truth that is not a problem.

Because I'm being logical

twitter.com/wedbush
Looking at their twitter, it might take awhile.
Also, if Doug isnt interested then I might give it a bit of a go with some other devs, if I am not content with the work. Then I will let it be put to rest.
I might just buy them all and let them go to rest

Notch has been user since the old days of 4cuck glory.

Who the fuck is Doug

By anyones criteria. The units were lumpy and crimped at odd angles, they resembled play-doh models than anything else. I'm not saying it takes away from the game but for fucks sake you shouldn't let yourself be blinded to what's right in front of you.

what's google?

Sacrifice creatures had unique models, nothing about them was "playdoh"

To make it better?
Right there in the post.

Also you'd have to ask yourself why Jim bought it.
And also to use it? Why reason would anyone have to to make and run an image board in the first place?

And why would you make it out that buying this place would be the sole reason for buying and making a new Earthworm Jim? It was a suggestion of one thing to do with whatever amount of money is made.
Your hang up about making no profit is funny since the user said he doesn't even care about making a profit with Earthworm Jim.

Generally you're not making a whole lot of sense.

Are you guys seriously thinking this is Notch after one of OPs first posts is literally saying he's never went into games?

sorry my internet is not good imagine that this is a picture of a mildly amused man.

Hes a dumb motherfucker that hosts a lot of cringe on Channel Awesome

Was anyone doing anything more than humoring the thought?

Suddenly I want to know less.

You know you first have to believe that OP is really capable of buying the game. Then you have to believe everything else he has said is also true. But that is easy, after all, no one would lie on the internet.

user please. Look at these infantrymen to the left, if i could find a better version of Gaia's or Jim's flying units I would post those as well, and those are just the examples that pop to mind. Some of the other caster models were kinda ugly as well.

I'm not saying that the character models were uninspired, I'm saying that they were ugly, which they are.

OP is a faggot, just like Notch. It could be him.

He's the creator of Earthworm Gym.

And I'm saying you're wrong especially since it's a 2000 game.

duck duck jew is shit, startpage results are being tampered with by google, bing is shit

But Kabuto, Messiah and Sacrifice are all that counts

I hate duck duck jew too but it's the only thing that works with tor.

Nigger come on now

It would be garbage.

You need the spatial awareness that comes from 3rd person to utilize it properly.
3rd person is in general the best way to simulate the spatial awareness a real person has in a video game.

IF this is a possibility, fuck the no profit model, make the investment back and put that towards another IP reinvestment. Great games and great ideas are lost in the corporate shuffle and merger mayhem.

YOU LITERALLY OWN THE IP

halo came out a year later and looks like it's from 5 years in the future.

Fuck off murkans

Shogo was Interplay?

My ears still remember.

Enjoy your fake privacy

Halo also did things like real-time map changes, rendering dozens of units and huge environmental effects at the same time.
Oh wait

Holy shit.

I can see the headlines now…
Honestly, I'd prefer Descent, but anyone can make a 6D shooter.

It wouldn't be like he's making the game himself.
Actually, Notch could end up being a saving grace if he snipes IPs from companies as they crumble.
But he needs to stay on the down low so that they don't expect it and inflate the prices

It looked no better than a Unreal Tournament 99 mod

What's the other mistake?

It's too late, he started shitposting on twitter.

I think those niggers have bigger issues right now

So while we are waiting, let me use the moment to ask.

Lately I have been licking and smooching my own toes. Am I developing a foot fetish?

FM is so shit for sound effects

Thats what i figured. Although the thought of a fully physics based combat system in a game like elder scrools sounds pretty funny. Nothing beats watching two drunken dudes try to beat the crap out of each other. Had a blast with sumotori ages ago.

I just wish more people were interested enough in that kind of control scheme to make something with it. Because ill never manage to just get off my ass and learn how to make vidya.

checked

Certainly not.

Do you like it?

Proof?

Fug.
Oh well, the companies will only have so much wiggle room anyway.

Yes

Kotaku was bought by the spics. All of Gawker's websites excluding please use archive.is were auctioned off and scooped up by Univision.

Okay, don't mind the footfag, I have a more important conundrum.
If nazis were "gott mit uns" and jews believe they're god's chosen people, doesn't that mean that they're basically the same but nazis beat jews to the punch?

I haven't bath since Tuesday. The fun thing is I like it more like that.

what's this please use archive.is one?

which ones? might even apply for a job
kek

Univision
you better be a spic yourself

Tampered as in comparison with plain google results. It doesn't give the same results (with all the tailoring shit turned off obviously)

Mark is a fucking kike faggot. G­awker.com.

I think I'm going to buy it, people have always said I'm an ideas guy, that's why I also plan to go to japan and to become a renowned manga artist.

do it for him.

Still works fine at finding things I need. Your google is probably lying to you when you turn that stuff off btw, just like every other thing that lets you turn off their tracking.

Chess more like chiss

My dad loved it.

How fucking rich are you?

shogo is up for sale?

That's one of the IPs you don't actually need for anything. It's not like they own chess or the concept of pieces beating the shit out of each other.

we should buy american Deer hunter and make the ultimate dark magic rpg with it

Speaking of Chess, did that fag Carlsen ever reach 2900?

Is your inner child-weeb shouting out?

RIP Fitz ;_;7

You gonna recruit anyone from around here?

if he didn't quit when he was loved he'd just be sucked to the dark side of youtube.

we will just need to wait and see for OP to deliver

Holy fuck Markus is that you?

Honestly you should just fund dwarf fortress instead, my man.

TAKE MY MONEY user

It's Google that tampers with the results, not the other way around.

By the looks of the thread, it wouldn't notch his bank account

Leave.

Oh shit
This user was having a lot of trouble with his parents making his life hell right? It would be really great if he got help.
We probably shouldn't overwhelm the benefactor though, but if you're seeing this post you should try to get his contact sometime and keep him in mind. Not sure if he still posts on /agdg/

It's an absolutely terrible game.
Go play it now. You'll be blown away by how shit the shooting mechanics are.

You ready for Borderlands x Shogo?
Now with 300% more memes?

yes wasn't my intention imply otherwise

It all makes sense now.
OP, IF IT IS FUCKING YOU THEN FUCK OFF YOU TURNCOAT DOUBLE NIGGER..

I respect your right to have a shit opinion, user.

NEEDS MORE

DO IT FAGGOT

wish i had money

Oy vey man could you string me some muns at [email protected]/* */ (not a joke email)
Thanks in advance.

sent ;)

STOP

It's fine if it's terrible, what people don't want is some shithead kike getting their jew paws on something anons cherished years ago, when everything was simpler.

doesn't mean I don't still miss him

Haim Saban doesn't sound like a taco, he sounds (((Kosher)))

I played it for the first time like a year ago. The robot parts were pretty fun but the on-foot segments were unbearably shit.

also I pretty much live alone now
I was half joking, but I could cobble together a Unity prototype for OP if he ever wanted
I'm quite experienced at getting the look and feel of an existing game right

tfw no new mecha shooter that subtly parodies animu

oyy vey

Jesus fuck
Why can't I contain all thse (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

How we can mix this up?

What about a game that parodies the US of A?

Still mad that never got released here.

I don't understand this meme

That's okay.

FUND DWARF FORTRESS

nichegamer.com/2016/01/27/devolver-digital-offer-to-bring-metal-wolf-chaos-westward/

Just believe

How can you be Israeli when it is not even a real country?

Have you suddenly become better at money?

Let me get this straight, you're paying $250,000.000 Two-hundred-and-fifty-THOUSAND dollars just for the rights to use earthworm jim in a game? What the fuck is wrong with you? What a dumb decision. No wonder people are accusing you of being some billionaire in this thread because no normal person would ever spend that much just for the rights of using some fucking video game character for a future game release that won't even happen in the first place.

Same as Scotland.

Where do you think we are?

Or Belgium.

Let me get this straight, you're paying $250,000.000 Two-hundred-and-fifty-THOUSAND dollars just for the rights to use earthworm jim in a game? What the fuck is wrong with you? What a dumb decision. No wonder people are accusing you of being some billionaire in this thread because no normal person would ever spend that much just for the rights of using some fucking video game character for a future game release that won't even happen in the first place.

I hope this thread is just "lol i troll u"

I'm still waiting, Tetrachrome dev.

What are you doing?

Fuck that, buy Boogerman and put it on Steam.

Or Sweden

How antisemitic of you to even think that!

No. I was always a greedy little kike at heart. Finding out just explains so much.

Just make up a new character called nematode Steve

For?

I remembered he did some of the music for Beverly Hills Teens, but now I know he did the US music for Dragon Ball Z. I guess the first release?

You all think that OP will deliver? or its just all a ruse?

When did anything nice ever happen?

Hope and dreams.

Holla Forums
now let's be srs for a moment
is there a way to contact notch? Twitter maybe?
That sellout can do one last good thing for humanity and buy the good IPs there like Descent, Shogo, Freespace, Sacrifice, MDK and Earthworm Jim and freeze them so EA or other type of vermin can't lay their filthy hands on them
I mean IIRC Notch is completely pathetic now, like he has unlimited money but no one to share that monies with
He needs a reason
Here's a good reason
Using autism money to save those good games would make him a hero and redeem him
Think about it

I hope he does, that would be glorious.

Just reply to OP and there you go

No fuck that. We don't need him, and he wouldn't do it anyway.

DARK FUCKING ALLIANCE

SHIT, I FORGOT THOSE FUCKS OWNED THE IP FOR THIS! FUCK EVERYTHING, FUCK THESE KIKE LAWS KILLING EVERYTHING! I'M MAD AS FUCK AND I CAN'T TAKE IT MUCH LONGER!

Also, fuck them for never making a Wild 9-2

I never expect anything and yet i still get disappointed

At least a few anons will replay EJ because of this thread.

So are all of these only $250k each?

"Gnarly!" - N.Steve 2016

So what did the Doug button do?

"Caw ka Caw!"

-psi-raven
N.Steve's arch nemesis

Earthworm Jim is a relatively well-known IP. I'd imagine that others would cost significantly less.

Oh man I'd kill for a new, good Wild 9

I WOULD KILL

where did the $250k figure come from then and is there a price list somewhere?

how many?

I miss moving shit that way in a video game.

Do you think we could buy Clayfighter or something?

Why is Star Trek listed?

As many as they are needed

I loved the Trine Franchise (3 is kind of shit though) but even it being so old and archaic, they don't hold a candle to Wild 9.

Interplay made some Star Trek games

Probably because they had the rights to a few of their games. On that note, I don't think they have the current rights, which makes the OP image a little more suspect.

Wew, I didn't even know they made a third one. Talk about the most vanilla piece of vidya. If Trine 1 could be compared to a condiment it would be sour cream. It's great while you don't know what you want to play but it really can't hold a candle to a good handful of games out there.

Last time Freespace was sold for 7,5k$ from THQ to Interplay.

Maybe it's the rights to Just those games they made, though it is worded weird.

They can't do that unless the devs stole assets.

Are you retarded?

How old are you?

Thats what the IP list says.

Given the recent defense of nintendo when they DCMA'd a shit ton of he might be legitimately retarded.

Or that's some good b8.

Looked it up. We need to contact a Joe Morgan about the sales. Should I reach out just for curiosity's sake?

Anyways, I'm not sure whether OP's shit is a fake or a leak.

Here's the contact info if anyone's interested: [email protected]/* */

I have two brothers and I really enjoyed it for it's local coop, we have a blast every time we play. 2 Is pretty much better than one on every aspect besides maybe a shift in the level design, 3 however threw everything out of the window and made everything 3D, which while not a bad idea, it's executed poorly, a shame really.

Contact him about Wild 9

The game, of course.

So, is Notch buying it or not?

OP, I'll sell you this post here for 5 whole american dollars.

OP, give me $5,000
I'm selfish and I want money, and I hope you're impulsive and stupid enough to do so.

Is this the beginning of the new era of gaming?

Oh fuck, I'd love to have the rights to these!

You DO donate to hotwheels so this site can stay up and running, RIGHT?

I wonder how many anons really aren't in the loop.

F

You get the gist of what I mean. Make sure this site stays up.

Until I see proof that OP goes through with buying the IP, I won't believe it.

Fuck man, Id give an arm for some rich autist to actually do this and make a low stake sequel to some of these.

Alright. I'm going to try to type up some realistic e-mail. I doubt that they'll release the prices to just anyone.

TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED

I HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR A BIT AND I COME BACK AND SHIT HAS GONE DOWN?

Hotwheels fucked off after Infinity Never.
Codemonkey's our new admin.

Don't forget he probably is gonna die soon.

He never fucked off. He's now a tech consultant for Jim.

Jim fed him to the pigs

Please don't, there is a slim chance we could get a good game out of it. If we get a shit game out of it we can just pretend it doesn't exist.

user now you're just talking outta your ass. And this is coming from a 99' fag.

HW died

He still alive.

Not him but I stopped donating when Jim got control of the site.

What happened with amikrog? I thought it was the original devs from skull monkies and the neverhood working on it.

shut the fuck up faggot, are you seriously saying you wanted me to stick to minecraft after what the community became?
I'm glad to be rid of that shitpile

Nice try user you aint the Swede fuck

You should know the drill, post ID on twitter.

It came out, and it was pretty okay… not near the level of The Neverhood and the puzzles were only OK. The story (the ones that you read) were good, but it had a null resolution,

Soundtrack was on par, though. Very glad that they got the fucking thing. It's pretty much exactly what you'd expect from this situation, mainly go for it for a love of Claymation and Terry S. Taylor.

It turns out Hotwheels had a cum skeleton all along. You see where most people have a skeleton made of bones, Hotwheels has a skeleton made entirely of cum

He seems mostly involved with his Cripples for Eugenics thing and talking up Trump now.

POst of sorrow for how OP played us like a damn fiddle.

bump

We've passed the 300-post limit, user. You can't bump it anymore.

It's okay, we were only pretending to be retarded.