RTT > RTS

Prove me wrong.
Protip: you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

yadi.sk/d/o4Z_lblDmmUA7
lunar.lostgarden.com/game_HardVacuum.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yawn

YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN WHAT ARE THOSE ABBREVIATION MEAN. IF YOU CANNOT DO THAT THEN YOU DON'T HAVE THE PERMISSION TO POST ANYWHERE

OP = Faggot
Prove me wrong.
Protip: you're a faggot

Apples and oranges, my frerf.
MechCommander 2 is fuckin' ballin'.

Real-time strategy and real-time tactics. They're not uncommon terms.

I commend your good taste user

I prefer turn based tactics because my clicks per second are shit.

Objectively true.
RTS games are for gooks to click around in.

DoW II > DoW FITE ME FGTS
DoW III fans may not apply.

Does it even have fans yet? It is not out, right?

RTT exists thanks to RTS, is rare as fuck and fun at times but the fanbase has grown to be quite cancerous.
Look at me I positioned my tanks in cover :DDDDD
thus that makes it deeper

Implying you aren't that one guy who discovered RTT a year or two ago and became ultra cancer.

It's [current year] user, every game has fans before it actually comes out. Doubly so if it's a Kickstarted game.

THE ONLY PROOF YOU NEED IS YURI-SAN

Speaking of RTT, Mud and Blood 3 when?

Have a map (requires wolfman-mc2x)

yadi.sk/d/o4Z_lblDmmUA7

Truly astonishing work.

I can't, because you're not wrong

i play red dragon, want to have a go?

red dragon is shit

We do, we just don't around you.

How is RD shit? Are you just a hipster?

I still play.

My nigger

It's not shit, but for some reason I couldn't get into it like I could ALB

Why would finding hidden values in a test be bad?

Uh, what do?

Why did they have to make ALB and RD different games? They could have just made them expansion packs or you know, released Wargame EE with planes and boats.

I really wonder why they've done that.

Hillo frends ))))

Eugen basically stated that certain parts of the game were calculated a certain way for combat and the like
Then an autist went into the game files and found out that it worked completely differently and helped to explain why some units were completely unbalanced

gotta get them goy bucks
plus naval never worked

reported, sage

What?

Whats a good singleplayer RTT?

Does anyone know what happened to R.U.S.E.?
I know it was nothing too special, but why did Ubisoft have it taken down? You can't get it on PC anymore.

Classic RTS formula is shit (basebuild and shallow unit spam, e.g. Starcraft, C&C, AoE, etc.), always was kinda boring but after 25 years of it being repeated over and over it's old and tired.

Stuff like Men of War and Wargame are the good stuff.

This user knows what's what

I tip my fedora, o great masterbaiter.

You can still buy the game and DLC on steam through amazon

licensing for the vehicles in game ran out

Real Time Tactics is for white men who believe in making do with what they have in an intuitive and innovative manner. For real problem solvers not for a bunch of robotic drones.
Real Time Strategy is for chinks who believe gathering resources in a robotic manner whilst throwing everything including the kitchen sink into warfare is the optimal method.

What does my gayme count as

I know what RTS means, but I have absolutely no idea what RTT is.

This is not bait.

Real Time Tactics

It's in the fourth reply. Read the fucking thread.

Why not both? I failed utterly to get into Wargame and haven't picked it back up, but I can see the virtues in the design, it's just not for me. Beside that, doing some mediocre 1v2 Normal compstomping in CoH 1 Blitzkrieg is enjoyable, sometimes because of and sometimes in spite of the gamey aspects, but I'm also itching to give Men of War a try, because more simulation is almost never a bad thing and it doubles as a very light tanksim with at least one mod, probably multiples on the same concept. They're two different niches that share some similarities and can be equally enjoyed, though some people might prefer one over the other, maybe to the point of disliking one as a general rule.

Also good, though I need to try the genre properly, never given it a fair shake. That first concept art piece is from an XCOM successor I can't remember the name of for the life of me, I just recognize the UN bluehelms and the red & teal ray guns, and the second is Jagged Alliance, right?

Read a little more closely next time, but Real Time Tactics. Nixes on-map resource hogging & base building for locked in unit deployments, an abstract line of supply limiting further deployments, and/or an overmap building mechanic like Total War. Usually has a fair bit more focus on the actual interunit combat mechanics now that there isn't (as much of) an abstract resource metagame to worry about and manage. By contrast, Grand Strategy generally goes the other way, with everything being about managing less abstracted noncombat aspects like economics, while combat is heavily abstracted out to a minimum scale of major battles.

Xenonauts and Yes, JA2 1.13.

Xenonauts.

Yes. It's a great game.

I could never get into RTS the same way I can into RTT. I'm also just not good at building units and bases as well as maneuvering units. RTS games really are more about who can click and manage resources the fastest, not really much strategy to them. Whereas a game like Men of War or Total war I can get into because each player has the same amount of resources to play with, they just have to be smarter about their troop composition and placement.

The only RTS game I thoroughly enjoyed was Cossacks.

Xenonauts, that's right. Did it ever get properly completed? Last I checked it was taking a bit overly long to mature. Jagged Alliance was easy to guess based on the stupid amount of guns that I remembered being a selling point.

I can understand that. I'm really not very good at micro at all, hence only managing against two Company of Heroes normal AIs, when I hear about people somehow managing against multiple Experts or Insanes with even more of a resource advantage and Space Marine syndrome units. It's why I'm rather grateful to Dawn of War for having morale and tabletop-accurate mods and to Company of Heroes for having suppression and a kind of wonky abstract simulism in different weapon & armor types being tuned to each other, although I'd prefer a single overarching system ala MoW.

It's a bit funny how RTS games following after gookclick are sort of muddied between tactical management in micro to set up economies while RTT games depend upon efficient use of scarce offmap resources, but I'm not sure if this is entirely fair. It's not that there's no strategy to it, it's just unneededly strenuous fluff if all you really want is accurate mass combat without the meta of extra behindline management. It can sort of bleed together, I imagine, and become a slog. The map control focus of later Relic RTSes sidesteps this problem nicely, although it developed into backcapping hell later on.

Understandable. But there is something to be said about the strategic aspect of denying the enemy crucial supplies by dicking with their eco. I don't really care for it, but I still have to be fair to it.

Cossacks is like Age of Empires on steroids with accurately simulated line infantry formations, right? How is it? How far back & forward does the timescale go? Does everything take place in the 1700s or 1800s, or is there any age progression, starting from maybe pike & shot onwards to Napoleonic semi-mobile warfare with skirmishers and flying batteries?

And as a small tangent on Men of War, do you know if anyone's figured out a current patch fix for Terminator Mod? It's been the main thing beside wallet pains preventing me from getting AS2 already, the Chinese maker can't tear himself away from autistic testing with other autistic Chinamen to make the mod even more unit and feature-laden to release a hotfix, and probably won't for a few more months to half a year. I remember screencapping someone testifying in the mod comments that it could be fixed by modifying all bullet tracer data, which was apparently the source of the glitch due to the patch changing the format to not allow decimal style percentage chances or something, but never verified it.

Whats the context of that pic again? A reporter turned mercenary

fug typo

Protip: check em

For fuck's sake, Lombardanon, you've been posting this cap for days. Give us an actual update already, why don't you?

Very well

but the AI is beyond retarded, or did they fixed that?

Is there a way to make the graphics actually work? I keep running into this weird bug where the UI is monochrome, maps have no textures and effects are just squares.

what game?

Mount and Blade is an RTT and an RTS and an Action game and a merchant sim.

Charlemagne DLC for Attila TW looks like.

are you playing on elite? can you keep your mechs blue on elite after multiple engagements?

It works flawlessly on windows 7. Are you using 8.1 or nsa/windows 10?

Go back to reddit. If you can't understand those terms you don't belong

mountain blade is a moba because theirs two sides of ai attacking each other :^)

What are you, a wimp"

Grand Strategy > City Builders > RTS >>>> RTT

This was probably the peak of attempts at giving the standard C&C-like formula something new, too bad the actual balance and stuff was shit.

Point is, RTS remained stuck in that formula and very few actually branched out. Grey Goo is a good example of formula fatigue, it died extremely fast. On the other hand Supreme Commander is a good example of a successful branching off.

Also Wargame can almost be considered RTS, you have to take into account strategy (supply lines and their defense, as well as infrastructure of the map) and such, though it's a bit of a stretch perhaps.

And forgot image, of course.

RTS takes more skill and is more interesting.
OP just thinks SC2 is the only RTS.

the last good rts was forged alliance
its not surprising people think this way

They're different genres.
Myth/Myth2 are the best RTT.

This nigga knows what's up

This user is correct

I wasn't playing Mount and Blade, lad

Using Windows 7, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Maybe a sign I need to build that 98 machine.

Anybody else smell gefilte fish?

is Charlemagne better than base Attila?

Yes goy, overuse the jew meme to the point where it becomes meaningless to point it out as everyone and everythings a jew by then.

Xp compatibility mode?
Running as admin?

The game runs fine on 7. You're doing something wrong. Make sure you delete the intro videos with the M$ logo.

City Builders get me excited, I want to design a city I'd like, then the game is a dumb pile of crap with one correct optimized design and everything else sucks dick.

Samefag

kys

YOU CANT PROVE THAT ORANGES ARE BETTER THAN APPLES YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING MONGOLOID.

RTT takes more skill and is more interesting.

You're full of shit faggot.

Or its Cities: Skylines and there is no correct design to stop your buildings from filling up with rotting corpses.
Seriously, though, I feel your pain.

Actually oranges have far more calcium, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B1, and have fewer calories, the only thing apples really have the upper hand in is fiber, and even then only slightly, so clearly oranges are the superior food.

apples also have a lot of hunger appeasing pectin.
and your argument btfo because now we're looking at pros and cons and not "best"

fuckshit i want to love that game but I can't. I want to design a goddamn city, not reverse engineer some faggot game designer's ideal city.
and that Art Deco DLC is disappointing as fuck. I love art deco, that DLC barely qualifies as art deco.

Pic related.

I didn't even know this was a thing.
Seriously $5 for an asset pack? Fuck me.

I'd be fine with a $5 Art Deco asset pack, but it has like 10 buildings and they all look bad.
not even a statue!

And no, they don't accept recruits from Western nations since they only recruit people from the area. They do accept donations though.

I just want a WH40K version of Wargame.

Are Strategy threads common on Holla Forums/v ? they're pretty much the only reason i browse 4chan anymore

That and a WW2 version

Why don't you save yourself the time by printing out the game map and coloring in the map? Then you could go ahead and write up your shitty fan fiction AAR.

TBS > RTS
prove me wrong

You should know the answer to that. **But yes, there usually is a RTS/RTT general, a grand strategy general, some dominions threads have been running for a while and we get total war and 4x threads sometimes too.

What other genre requires a turn timer?

Unless it involves mashing your keyboard like a piano no one will touch it. Somehow how quickly you can hit commands directly relates to skill.

I never understood this. By that definition the AI is the best.

cool

It's what faggots always spout when they got their asses handed to them playing online. They try to make themselves feel better by deluding themselves into believing APM is all that matters in RTS.

Reminder of the existence of Graviteam Tactics. This game is fucking great, but I never hear anybody talk about it. 80% off on Steam now.

RTT = the traditional concept of what a RTS is

RTS would be something like GSG with no fast forward or pause buttons. Strategy is not how you micro your units on a battlefield.

one of my favorites. hard to fit in a thread like this, it's proper strategy and simulation and these are more game games.

That's because all those gookclick games are the lowest form of skill. The people that play them and are good at them aren't strategists or generals or whatever, they're 16 year olds jacked up on energy drinks.

Any idiot can train reflexes and memorize build orders, however intelligence is a lot harder to train and you can't really become much smarter than your genes allow you to. If Wargame, Graviteam games, etc. became a competitive esport kinda thing, the people at the top would be there mostly due to intelligence.

Does graviteam even have multiplayer?

No, was just a hypothetical scenario, mostly referring to the type of game than the specific game.

The last time I checked, the average demographics that play RTS are in their 20s and early 30s.

RTS is hardly about reflexes nor build orders.

*tips fedora

That sounds awesome, it reminds me of the terrain deforming features in the cancelled RTS Hard Vacuum.

lunar.lostgarden.com/game_HardVacuum.htm

Is there any other RTS game with terrain deforming abilities like this?

Sadly not that I know of, there are games with some terrain deformation (Perimeter, for example) but that's about it.

The guy in that post makes a very good point:

For competitions you are considered too old past 25.

Tell that to the Koreans training their APM and build order timings 10 hours a day.

No but all the standard C&C/SC formula RTS work more or less the same way.

Why has there never been a game that combines the action of FPS with the strategy of RTT? Shooting dudes with your gun while issuing commands to your squad, and using a map to give more complex orders. Basically a mashup of pics related. It's my dream game.

Which is why I stated "average demographics."

No one trains their APM. That is a fantasy. You only naturally gain APM by continuously practicing on harder opponents. Build orders are also not as important as mindreading, predicting, and changing strategies on the fly. If you stick to several particular build orders, you're going to get your ass handed by an opponent that can read and react to moves.

No one made that claim. I was just mocking your fedora statement. No need to be overly-defensive about your untenable beliefs.

No one made that argument so I don't understand where that came from.

You can just admit that you suck at strategy games. No one is going to blame you if you decided to stick to easier genres such as RTT instead of attempting to get good at RTS.

Somebody list some non-shit RTT games.

Kill yourself.