That's terrible. Is this a joke?

Not anymore.

0/10 it gave me eye cancer

5/10 the proportions are all wrong and the pallet needs work

nice earthbound recolour faggot

Mother ripoff/10

here's some I did for a project

the princess's arms could be better but eh

I posted this yesterday in the agdg thread, but I may as well post it here as well.

actualskill/10

very nice

Cool

Back when I fucked around in RPG maker

It's the only thing I'm sorta good at.
I never finish anything I start, though.

Yes, keep posting your pixel art so I can steal it all and use it for my chiptune bandcamp page >:)

Nice

fuck off you dickmunching faggot

video games

r8 my art Holla Forums

Oh hey, it's you.

The only thing I ever did was a Haruhi in Pokémon style.

That's a nice game you've got there. Be a shame if something were to happen to it.

What do you mean by that, Shiggy?

For low res stuff like that, what's the best way to make a pallet? Just try shit until it looks nice? I want to do an entire project in either 16 or 32 colors.

Spinning is cooler though

I don't think you know what rotoscoping is

You could always use an existing color palette.

Yeah check it out faggot
bet you don't even color ramps
bet you don't even sketch beforehand
I didn't make this
A friend of mine made this
I'm a hack fraud

CalArts noodle arms

The first one is a Wario Land enemy, the second one looks like something from turbo graphx. I like it.

Looks very good, but disproportionate.

You nailed the style! Very good, they're bland looking in the colors though.

Oh boy. You have no idea.

Reminds me of Axiom Verge or VVVVVV, maybe Downwell.

Sexi

That, my friend. Looks fucking radical.

OC donut steeel

I only removed swastikas from our Starbound Aryan mod, but I can clearly say your work is shit.
But to be productive:
I don't care what era of consoles you are trying to imitate. It would be more interesting if you use more than 10 colors.

Looks ugly, actually. The colours are really unappealing.

Go back to Tumblr and reddit, ashote.

Bruh, blue and orange are complementary colors.

Very CalArts.

No, it isn't. Also

LEAVE THIS SITE
ashote.tumblr.com/archive

Yes it is.

WOW. Looks like was right all along.

I mean the colours look way too fucking bright with no real dark contrast, even the shadows are too bright.
It's not my cup of tea at all. I also may be biased because I know of the guy who made it and he's a furry.

Funny thing is, I don't think anyone has ever looked up where my art comes from from this place. However on the Zdoom forums I have been asked about the lewds I have done

Why do all furries have no self-respect?

Hey, those ASSFAGGOTS avatars are pretty neat reaction image fodder.

I'll assume that by 'low res' you also mean 'low color', like NES/GBC's 2-bit color palettes.
For these, I just make a plain dark-mid-bright gradient thing and tweak it afterwards as needed.
The original palette for this girl was pure red, I shifted her towards pink later.

like this?

you have no power over me, copyright goblin

kys/10

What fucking game is that, and is it near completion in any way?

It just seemed logical to post a GZDoom Project on a GZDoom based forums. I haven't encountered anything that I found concerning. *Yet*

I have.
You posted some stuff in the drawthreads back in 2014 or 2015, if I'm not mistaken.

The shitty image is low res to begin with.

Is that a classic chaos emerald? Looks cool

Me?.. Not I am aware of. I don't draw as much as I sprite and model. Do you have an example of the artists work?

Just resize it in GIMP and disable interpolation when doing so, you lazy faggot.

Oh gee, I wonder why. When I was around 17 in high-school there was this 15-year-old faggot furry. He wasn't the type who never shut up about it or anything, but I always hated the fucker on predicable. He would draw doodles of his OC in class. I remember one day when he was walking down a flight of spiral stairs with nobody else near him. I ran up behind him and pushed him down. He got depressed skull fracture and went into a coma. They thought it was an accident.
His parents ended up taking him off of life support after awhile.

It has nothing to do with Nintendo Señor Myamoto. That's Samantha Aryan form her original game Astroid.

I thought he was Russian

This is my character Phil. What kind of game should he be in?

Doing gods work user.

Wow. It looks fucking WORSE.
HOW!?

You did the right thing.

Jesus fucking Christ

Post some lewd renditions of Phil and I might consider putting him in my upcoming platformer: Phil My Butt With Fish

The kind where you fucking kill yourself

This is my latest work. I'm quite proud of it. Please don't steal it.

Good animation and detail, really horrible design.
Typical furry trash.

I know it's a fucking pasta. Quit sperging and showing your own newfaggotry.

thanks
the aesthetic I was going for was actually Wonder Boy. Somehow Wario Land designs snuck into my head

Go back to /furry/ faggot.

It's not even a fucking copypasta, you damage controlling faggot

please rate

Phil isn't too lewd of a guy but here you go.

It's nowhere near completion, and I have another game to make.
sorry ( ´・ω・`)

Update: I have made a lot of progress since my last post. I would even call it a revolutionary breakthrough in the art of pixels. Once again, please do not steal it.

I've seen a similar one then, do you how many fucked up bullying stories I've read within the time I've lurked imageboards?

The show does suck, there's no denying that.

It's good, it's good. Are those your only designs?

Damn. Phil is fucking girthy.

Oh, you actually made that user?.. You did pretty good work with limited palette!

That's fucking beautiful.

pls rate.

You posted this in agdg. are you making a Popeye RPG?

It's like I'm back to using windows '98, good work lad.

I wouldn't believe him if not for that guy who killed his gf on Holla Forums awhile ago.
There are fucking horrible people, user. I mean fuck, I myself killed my neighbor's dog granted I didn't mean to when he hopped our fence.

It's not a pasta you easily triggered faggot.

dunno, I want to remake the nes game.

need some programmer.

It was only once or twice. I didn't save it but I remember the colors palette being very bright and saturated, and it looking like vector art.

Maybe it actually was a 3D model.

You mean the one developed by Miyamoto?

My suggestion for you is that the best person to rely on is yourself when it comes to projects. You probably would be better off learning how to program yourself, user!

That does sound a lot like my art, but I never posted in draw threads before. What was in the images?

On another note, I may as well post some other sprites I did.

I have a couple other props from the project but nothing fantastic
the statue was really just an exercise in minimalist color and I didn't have time to redo it in style with the princess character

mostly I work in 3D trying for a low-poly look. 3rd pic is a prototype pic, but all I have on this machine at the moment. His hair is much better in the final version

the arcade one.

Thats pretty good low poly stuff, but I would add some shadows the model! Unless its a wip of course

pixel art is ez

So Miyamoto's Popeye.

that was wip and I had lighting turned off. He's cel-shaded in the final so shadows are automatic (it was a simple platformer for my multimedia club in college)

Just be careful with low poly models an d cell shading; it never looks as good!

addendum:
currently I'm working on a generic template patterned after Max Hancock's Hocu character; it's surprisingly difficult to ape other people's model styles

Thanks. The colors were taken straight from other Earthbound sprites, though.

no

The dota shit was in hopes for making dosh on the workshop and the Undertale thing was before it exploded in popularity.
I keep my old stuff around as a reminder in case I act like a fag.

noted
if I can get a model looking as good as Jet set Radio I consider it a success

It's rare to see people owning their hipster ways on Holla Forums even though we all do it

I need lewds of this pronto

Oh, thats pretty much what you are doing now then. Just keep in mind that it will look a bit wonky; you could Probably get away with it if you make it more angular, or do what Wind Waker did where It was VERY angular when it needed to be, and when something wasn't, was VERY round (See Chuchus).

r8

Pixel art is cancer, it was only good at the time.

I mean, that's how I remember it. The drawing barely had any notes initially and after a while it exploded, once tumblr REALLY latched onto the game.

Add another shade to the knight for some details.

dubs speak truth

When the FUCK did I say that, you illiterate retard? That's pretty much the opposite.

That's REALLY pleasing to eye, actually. Reminds me of tomba or something. Keep it up brother. That design is iconic.

Needs better shading, it looks like a game boy game right now as is.

They all look like toys, I fucking love this. Post more.

i limit my pallet on purpose, the gameboy look is exactly what i was going for

Here you go.
Weirdo

The 4 color limit is fucking tough but can be pretty fun.

nice
wouldnt want to run into him in a dark pixelated alley

These look great but most of them seem too rigid. For example in these 5 the skeleton and the cleric hold their swords and shields upright the whole time, and the gunslinger's pose just looks awkward if it's supposed to walk all the time like that.

Same goes with the black knight and mage here.

Or in tall grass.

Love that style man, reminds me of certian SNES/GBA JRPGs

Orgasmic

dark shiren the wanderer

A few years back I got into splicing because I tried to make my own Fire Emblem rom hack. I gave up because fuck me spriting, writing and eventing is a lot of work for one person and even the slightest mistake can fuck everything up.

Thanks user. I'm trying to roughly imitate the GBC style, but it probably breaks a few rules here and there. I'll probably post more in the agdg threads when or if I make any progress.

Those threads are also good for input if any of you ever need it.

Here's some western Metal Slug.

well damn, now I want to play this

Maybe some day. I can't code and most of my group efforts haven't borne any fruit.

closest you're going to get without snagging the model from sketchfab

It wouldn't look out of place in a BYOND game.

dithering is sex tho, i love it

Could be worse

There's nothing dithered in that gif, user

That's obnoxiously well done. Something about furfaggotry gives them preternatural devotion to their work.

i know, just saying. your gif is still cool

literally 10x better than OP's in terms of skill & effort put into it

GG

You will always be more willing to put in work into something if it turns you on. Doesn't matter if you like vanilla or complete and utter degeneracy.

These look like 3D models.

Then why is paheal full of garbage?

Autism, that's why.

Contrary to what you were told in primary school, more work does not necessarily equal higher quality.

But if you work long enough you should see improvements. Why it doesn't work for a lot of artists I don't know.

If you work hard enough and are trying to improve, sure. If you're trying new styles, pushing your limits, trying to pull new skills into your repertoire. If all you do is draw the same shit subject matter in the same shit artstyle and never stop to think about what makes good drawings good and your drawings bad, you'll never improve. You can draw the same image of a furshit OC Donuts Teal a million times, but if you never push yourself, you'll only get good at making shit.

That garbage would not even be made at all if not for boner potential.

Gameboy/10. Would play right now.

Have you ever tried a anything like pics related?

It's true, I was the stairs

I never put in enough effort for anything, even though I love dot animation.

thanks

Nigger I don't understand you.
Why do you have interest in this notorious KKK Leader Goblin Wizard?He would smash your faggot skull in the curb if he knew about you.

I never thought cowboy demons could be a thing.

Work more on the face lad.

Funny thing about the Cowboy Imp; original the Undead Mage was going to use guns, and the Imp was going to be a Monk, but I made an additional 6th class outside of the original 5 planned (The Hawkman Knight), and thats how the idea came about as I shifted things about!

What genre will the game be, a dungeon crawl one?
It looks kinda promising.

Oh is there a berserker class?
I usually play as that.

pls don't abandon the thread ;_;

Oh Sorry!

I posted this project in agdg. Its a FPS doom mod that is essentially System Shock 2 but in a fantasy Setting. I can show you some of the videos if you want!

I was busy playing Immercenary for the 3DO

GIVE ME THE VIDEOS.
And add a berserker pls ;_;

So for you art fags here, where did you learn to do this stuff? What resources did you use to get to where you are.

They is already a warrior class in the game. I am currently walking my way towards making a real game play trailer.

pen and paper with a stroke of autism

The last, and really the first serious attempt, I gave at doing pixel art was when we had that a pixel challenge thread a year ago. Since then I've been busy working on my own game and have been more focused on programming.

Here's my first attempt and my re-draw I worked on a day later. Also, any of those indie fags that draw pixel stickmen and cry, "THIS IS THE BEST OF MY ABILLITES STOP CRITICIZING ME" after working on a game for a year are bullshitting, it's a cover for being lazy and not wanting to put in the effort to improve. If I can get something that looks decent with no experience in a fucking day so can you.

Look, I'm shit at this, but at least I'm not at that level anymore.

I haven't taken a class, but i'm learning every day. It's actually a good idea to post on here, because at least we'll tell you when you're shit, and what you can do to improve it.

Learn about dithering, look up tutorials and shit, it's not hard. Compare your shit to good character sprites and say "it's not good enough" when you look at yours. That's how you improve.

Some stuff about a year and a half old

From reference. It ended up being shit. Back to programming.

Is it me or most attacks are projectile based rather than hitscan ones, even in stuff like the imp's revolvers?
Also, I have an idea for a class (or enemy).
Basically some kind of old technology looking Mecha, maybe a dwarven style Mecha.
It would kinda look like the robot in Chrono Trigger, more or less.

Thats due to the fact that Time Stopping does not work with hit scan weapons; and I perfer actual bullet travel then hitscans on bother players and enemies anyway!

Also, they is already something like that in the game, but I have not shown it off yet

Hey, when will you add SP abilities? I have seen none in the videos.
I'm looking forward to more content and this game to finally come out.
You could sell this in the 90's as a legit game and could probably sell a lot.

Those are also a secret; all will be shown when I get around to doing the trailer!

I think the main issue with this artwork, specifically the last three, is you rely way too much on noise for texture.

Nice, nice.
Also, if I where you I would make the AP to be obtained by ammo boxes, drinking a potion so shotgun shells appear in your pocket sounds a bit weird and quite makes one feel weird.
Also, if I where you I would also change stats, like hp, defense and speed, depending on the class.

I suppose, but it looks flat and uninteresting otherwise

Im making a shmup, rate plz

I kind of did a test on doing an FTL-like ship without a reference

This is all stuff thats already done, I wouldn't worry too much about it, I got it all under control!

Comcert master/10

REMEMBER TO REPORT ALL AVATARFAGGOTS

Actually I based the design on the Axelay, but thx dude.

The knight character makes more sense thematically with the earth tome and synergizes with those abilities while the thief fits the air tome more I think. Looks real good man

I have allways thought that Blazing star looks absolutely amazing. The walking animation of the first boss looks so good.

I wanna throatfuck Shinoa's smug face.

It's all pre-rendered graphics, they're basically 3D models.

neo geo magic

Also, to this day, I dont know how axelay managed embed related boss animations.

that spear guy looks like the pirate gooms from wario land

man, this pixel art stuff is hard as fuck.

How do I make art? My programmer brain isn't meant for this. I ended up with a man whose hair is made out of bananas and another one the looks like a gay robot with horse cock arms (even though it was supposed to be a template buff guy).
How the fuck do I color palette?
How do I dither?
How do I shadow?
How do I outline?
How do I transition between colors?

Help me fam I want to make shitty programmer art that can at least be excused as the work of a man who tried to git gud as opposed to the cognitive turd of a mentally challenged third grader.

pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299

Also, a good tip is to try to learn from observation, try to find some games you like and mimic their style. Don't copy shit pixel by pixel though. Here's some good resources:

vgmaps.com/ >Lots of ripped backgrounds.
spriters-resource.com/ >sprites and miscellaneous graphics.

Start here 2dwillneverdie.com/tutorial/

Almost forgot- COLOR THEORY IS REALLY IMPORTANT, IT CAN SAVE OR RUIN PIXEL ART

Look it up.

No, seriously, there are millions of guides on all of that shit.

I'll try to keep doing one hour daily.

kyrieru just told me to practice at least one hour daily.

Hey man, do you have some kind of blog so we can see your progress with the game and all that jazz?

Thanks sex tutorial homie.

???

Well I guess this just proves how little you know about either.

I'm sorry OP's post was just so bad I compulsively shitposted, it was a kneejerk reaction

Okay, just don't do it again.

I won't I promise, that's a really nice piece by the way

That one's nice, almost as nice as your dubs.

I've been ripping backgrounds between programming work. I got these from Marvel Superheroes : War of the Gems. It's taking forever because Vsnes only accepts save data from Zsnes and a garbage version of Snes9x that crashes all the time and suffers from really bad sprite slowdown.

whoops, meant to blow that up, make it easier to see.

those look incredibly cool.
is that just the gameboy pallet with two colors changed up?

would fug/10

I believe so. They're not mine by the way and in fact I think they're done by 3 separate artist. Here's another one by the first guy. It just goes to show what you can do with an extremely limited but striking palette.

Kakatte Koi?

I'll try to explain it. The snes technically doesn't have any native sprite rotation without special hardware, however, background mode-7 allows you to scale and rotate backgrounds. The problem is it limits the game to only be able to render one single background layer. The head of the boss (in yellow) is a large background being rotated. The ceiling and floors are also background layers but using some HDMA tricks you can edit the properties of how the background is rendered between each h-blank (the time between when the game finishes rendering one scanline and goes to the next one) so they don't get rotated. This is also how they do that neat gradient effect in some games squeezing more colors than what the system can actually show. The blue bits are all sprites, including the background pieces, if you skip ahead and watch the video closely (around 9 minutes in) you can see them flicker when the sprite limit is reached.

You really should be able to upload images and embeded videos at the same time.

I make memes

I actually said exactly the same thing about the colors a long ass time ago and he god mad at me for it.

ask him for the yellow bird knight if you want to see some retarded colors

drawing isn't that different from programming tbh, it's about applying knowledge to solve visual problems; the rules are just more lenient.

huevaluechroma.com/

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8AE91DDD51E20FBB

kyrieru.com/p/this-first-part-will-cover-many-of.html?zx=1293b01eb81a9fc1

The better way to put it is art, music, basically anything creative to a degree is all technical. If you want to figure out how to do something, and do it right, is to just learn the fundementals and put them to practice.

updated

forgive me

it really is a wonderful piece of work.

Not quite pixel art, but related:
I've been trying to make a convincing CRT-style shader that isn't too taxing on low-end systems. Here's a little experiment I did with the Killscreen from Pac-Man. Did I do good?

You're gonna have to use it on something with a bit more detail. Try something like Chrono Trigger or Magical Quest and see how it looks.

I haven't tried making pixel art in years, as it's mostly been dedicated to learning to actually draw instead. I love the fiddly little details of pixel art but, getting the correct saturation and color ramps down to look both appealing and correct for defining forms are pretty hard.

Might as well post some ripping progress since this thread is being filled with reddit shitposters.

fix it

That's not my fault, that's actually how the tilemap is set up in memory. They probably just reused tiles to free up space in vram.

what software is used to rip sprites?

You aren't really going to find anything that rips sprites real well. You can kind of do that in the program I'm using (vSnes) which reads save states from Zsnes and Snes9x.1.4. The only issue is they are dumped from vram, which are loaded in sequentially so they don't make much sense on their own. You are probably better off just turning off all the background layers, pausing the game and going frame by frame capturing all the animations that way.

Are you the funny boy who tried to petition for ZDoom to have DRM added

delete this

I was wondering why my colourations always felt off, thanks man.

Bump.
Doom Game dev, please release a playable demo soon.

y-you too

OP here.

I have made a little of practice.

pls rate.

Better than the first one, but you need more effort on it.

feels good to improve.

Posting some work in progress.

that head really looks out of proportion
please tell me if Demonsteele is still being developed

What does that Doom mod have to do with that sprite?

Fuck you buddy I'm a homegrown shitposter

Got me with the head, I pasted and edited it from another frame I did previously while I hopefully finish the correct one.

Bumpity bump

Bump again

I have been asked this before, and No, that wasn't me. I am curious as to why this is the second time some one has asked me this, however.

They are, They are done in the style of Tomba where they are 3D models touched up and rendered with a material suited for spriting.

Really bad.

The animation is pretty good, but it's overshadowed by your shit colors. Doesn't help that you're a disgusting furry either.

These are cool.

I have not been in that thread.
What do you mean he is a furfag?
Are we going to have to curbstomp him?

I have gotten lots of complaints in regards to brightness. The reason for the brightness is namely due to the fact that in game they are darkened areas as shown in the screen shots, which should give you a better idea of how it should look in game.

Its pretty common knowledge. Its been mentioned before in the /agdg/ threads on Holla Forums before.

Is it also true the myth that you are a literal faggot?

I imagine when I ever release my project, this would be what an AMA on Holla Forums would sound like if I was ever offered to partake in such a thing

But is it a true statement, or not?
Don't worry I don't hat fags.

I don't mind if people dislike fags or furries, it doesn't bother me since I think thats to be expected here, and Its completely reasonable to dislike both considering what the majority of such groups portray them says with revolting gay pride parades and slew of art that would make a moderator of e621 horrified.

That being said, the answer is pretty obvious user.

I never thought that some gays could hate the LGBT parades.

Are you new to Holla Forums?

nice onlyafro pixelart

The only people who go to gay pride parades are uggos who need to parade their only characteristic crutch due to how shallow they are to feel validated. Plus, not only is they many diseases in such an event, their obnoxious nature makes the hate towards them completely justified.

BASICALLY; 2D is always better then 3D.

user, imagine it this way.

We're transported back thirty years and the only people promoting video games are doing it by waving your favorite title around main-street and literally shitting on it.

Now imagine if the vast majority of people believed anyone who liked video games also shits on their CDs. This culture is pushed by the CD-shitters until new entrants to the hobby shit on CDs just because that's what "we do."

Eventually the lie becomes culture.

Why would gay people not want a disgusting, obscene and fetishistic thing to become their culture; dictated by flaming faggots they never liked in the first place?

So you made the giant horse dick sprite? Was the for some sort of rape brawler?

**I don't want to offend you but the blue reptilian warrior class makes me feel very uneasy.
It brings back bad memories that I want to forget.**
The style of him reminds me a lot to certain comic posted in LOL threads.

There it is. Every gay person I know who's lived and flaunted their sexuality as their identity has been incredibly narcissistic and ruined friendships with people due to it. Fuck, I even know a guy who came out as a furry. It wasn't enough for him to come out as gay, he had to do it twice. I still ask myself fucking why the hell anyone would do that, it's like announcing your fetishes to your closest friends.

On topic, here's a sprite set I made for a project in uni. I originally made the tiles 64x64, only to need to resize them to 100x100 due to me being a dumbass with Unity, so the actual quality is pretty shit. Still, I was happy with it for the time being.

No, thats a different artist. He's Korean irc. He draws a lot of huge dongs.

I am curious what comic you are referencing.

If some one makes it known that the only aspect of themselves are worth mentioning is their sexuality or birth defect, it pretty much sums up how shallow they are.

Wielder of the legendary hook-sword, vid -kun is able to bait his enemies into an attack, and then launch a dastardly counterattack.

He started his quest seeking to restore peace to the land of Al Vidya, but soon realizes that Al Vidya itself is the enemy…

This was done at the same resolution and color count as the OP.

I don't have it downloaded but it featured Sar Fox characters.
They where Fox and the tribe of lizard people that's in the game.
It had fucked up fetishes with it like shapeshifting.

Any non furfag giant dongs/

Oh god, the Lust Penis comic. Jesus Christ why does it reminds you of that, that shits gross.

It's his face, it looks like the tribe's leader's face.

yes I am

German pixelart truly is the best in the world.

Is that the one with the guy in the shower and the eight year old?

no the lust penis one is where Fox turns into a dinosaur gets fucked in the ass, then turns into a giant penis so that two statues fuck eachother.
No I'm not joking

No.
A part of me wants to see the one you mention in order to see how far human degeneracy can go and another part of me is scared of it.
Can you post it?

just 4u

I used to do palette swaps to learn how a lot of sprites are organised colour wise. I tried once making original stuff but I'm really shitty, I should practice more. Here's my shitty OC that I made

General Pepper gives no fucks, seriously.

your talent is wasted on this furshit garbage

both /cuteboys/ and halfchan /lgbt/ minus the trannies are pretty anti-pride/anti-tumblr

Lust Penis is fucking tame

It is, but the plot is nonsensical.

Does that mean that even more fucked up shit exists?
Prove it to me.

Every time. Is it the autism that makes them good at art?

I think it's the bullying, it spurs creative development or it gets them to stop, either way we're doing them a service.

why does everything look so damn tiny?

What kind of retard would devote time to making shit like this

Jumping spiders are so cute.

Good shit, lad.

low res pixels are small my homie. a lot of old school games use low res pixels

lurk more im not spoonfeeding you

I have read the cheesy lasagna my man.
I thought you knew more obscure tales.

OP here.
after one day of practice.

Holy Shit you improved man.

kek

hard work motherfucker.

also I was using a kyrieru miku sprite as reference.

Thats a good improvement OP. My only suggestion is to improve your line smoothness.

hi OP, this is scarlet
remember to always believe in the miku that believes in you.

bullshit

It is the power of will and preserverance.
I think all of us learned a life lesson thanks to OP.

I've drawn on paper before.

I had shitty pixel art skills but average animoo skills.

While I'm sceptical of your progress, perhaps some helpful advice on how to proceed
1) Your outlining stands out like a sore thumb, rarely do sprites do a full colour outline.
2) Use numerous sources, from the looks of her calf and hair, it seems that you just tried to convert an image into pixel.

Your face is really well made, your body is slightly off here and there but good job

Oh shit I've done image search and I got no results.
This nigger is truly serious.

original is by kyrieru.

I'm all for a good cock sucking but let's not be too quick to pat op on the back, okay?

You still need to improve quite a good bit, and you should start working with larger sprite sizes, because if you work with such a small sprite size you'll only be able to make characters that have very low graphical quality, and while it was nice when we were actually restricted to that, we don't have that restriction any more, so it just looks garbage.
Look at the sprites from HFTF and other arcade fightans; that shit has high quality detail that should be what you strive for.
While my shit isn't that great you can see it's where you need to be right now as a starting point. I can't do faces for shit, but my strohiem was a lot better because I was working off a face that was looking to the side.

A-at least when I actually start drawing stuff I'll be good at anatomy and getting poses down

You're only fooling yourself OP.

cute, I want you to make it senpai!

I think everyone taught I had no previous art skill.

but I wanted to practice low resolution, and forcing myself doing 8x8 and 32x32 during an entire day help me to understand low resolution sprites.

here, a non pixel art shit I did some months ago.

God dammit OP, just fucking kill youself.

The only way to get better is to do it
The thing with me is I can't ever draw good because I have window-vision, which means I can see out into space as far as it goes until there's a wall, to the point where I could probably pick out a person on the horizon, but I see everything like it's a big picture frame, since I have no depth perception, so I can't draw because my brain doesn't comprehend depth in a way that I can translate into a drawing.

there's no need to be upset.

It looks like she's retarded or something

working on 32x32 is much harder than doing a full copy.

I like it, you can do dozens of them quickly.

Working from reference is fine, blatantly stealing someone elses work and parading it as your own isin't going to do anyone any good.

I didn't claimed it was mine.

I-I did once…

incorrect hair color, visually they are only wearing kinda the same clothes
dude, it's trash, just get better

I think for one day of practice is fine.
tomorrow will keep doing.

let's see how much can I improve after 100 hours.

whatever you say

these are from like, 6 months ago or something

dont care for them any more, thinking on restarting the whole thing without aping the neo geo snk fighters so much

it was implied the picture was mine.
I didn't steal nothing because the picture was mine, I didn't post kyrierus ones and claimed it was mine.

cool
maybe some mugen could be great on this.

the thing is that you need to understand color theory and how shapes work in order to understand how to turn a circle into a square correctly; it's like converting Decimal to Binary and you're just muddling about trying to make it look as close as possible without actually just doing a straight conversion. Just do it man, just make the conversions and the world opens up; sprite based work is heavily based on references, since making something from scratch is hard to do without messing up details. Start with a base image, and then use a really large grid, then fill that grid in where the dominant color lies, and then slowly work your way down from a big grid to a small grid and adjust details here and there, going from boxes to smoother circles of squares.
The reason pixle shit is garbage most of the time is because people lack the capacity to draw things out first or use refferences, which leads to everything looking like shitty blobs

You posted kyrierus' one as the reference that you used but the one that you made was so similar what was the point? You may as well have just traced it at that point or claimed that kyrierus' one was yours because its so damn similar anyway it may as well be the same thing.

I used to make pixel art. Stopped because it takes too long to get even a small image right. What does Holla Forums think?

Wait, you have the power of the Hawk Eye?

Looks good, but pretty small, I understand where you're coming from

kyrieru is my inspiration man.
he doesn't use references.

will try to get 100 hours next week and then move onto realism in paper.

I think if I make the 100 hours practice (I just invented it now) and studying one topic during those hours I could improve fast.

after all 100 hours is like one week of work.

you know working from reference is about trying to understand the work, even if it's similar?

that's how you learn.

If you're referencing other pixel art you may as well just trace with a different colour palette to get an understanding of how things are used

I fucking wish, that way I'd at least be decent at it

tracing doesn't teach you nothing user.

is this him?
I can tell you that this is only a little above the shit work but it's nowhere near ready to be in a game. This shit looks gross to the trained eye, and it's just chibishit made for autists who don't care about things looking good, as long as it's cute. If you are looking to be this, you're already there, m80.
Shit, just throw it in now if that's the pinnacle you want to be.

That's 14 hours a day. You a NEET?

Yeah i get that, working from reference is fine, but its the difference between working from reference and doing the exact same.
For example pic related is a model that people will draw reference from, but all of their perceptions will be different and they will learn from it. What you are doing is akin to looking at what one of them has drawn and copying over it. It serves little purpose to you.

tracing doesn't teach you nothing user.

he's pretty good.
unless you mean eroico and kurovadis are crap.

waiting to enter college next month.

except copying other drawings is recommended exercise for begginers.
most old masters used to copy other drawings from other masters when they started.

"Study" is the word you are looking for.
They study how they drew things in their style but they didn't trace over something that their inspirations did and then put it out to the public as their own original art, that's called "stealing".

Neither have the English classes you've taken, apparently.

I didn't claimed it was mine.
I claimed my referenced work was mine and I didn't traced.

Also, tomorrow I'll try to download vilppu and work on paper.

;)

Make up your mind.

tracing is diferent than copying though.

I can't tell if this is bait.
Using another work as reference and trying to recreate it by looking at it is a completely different thing from just running your pen over the lines with an extra sheet/layer in between.

One you actually develop the skills necessary to draw, the other one makes you a millionaire comic artist.

it's actually expected for this form of art, since the low quality requires you be working off of something in order to have a reference to how the art should actually look when scaled up
No
No
NO IT FUCKING ISN'T
YOU FUCKING RETARD
SPRITE ART IS INHERENTLY GOING TO BE DIFFERENT FROM A REFERENCE, SO DRAWING OVER THE REFERENCE IS OFTEN REQUIRED OR ACCEPTED
HELL, DRAGON'S CROWN STRAIGHT UP PUT ANIMATED DRAWINGS INTO THEIR GAME INSTEAD OF FUCKING SPRITES BECAUSE IT LOOKS AESTHETICALLY PLEASING
I WISH I HAD THE PICTURE OF ORIGINAL MARIO TO SHOW, BECAUSE THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY DO.
THEY HAVE THE FUCKING PLUMBER ON A PIECE OF GRID PAPER AND THEY FILLED IN INSIDE THE GAME WHERE HIS DOMINANT COLORS WERE, AND SINCE THERE WAS SUCH A HEAVY RESTRICTION, BOTH A VERY LOW QUALITY STARTER AND INGAME IMAGE WERE USED
FUCKING SPRITE WORK ISN'T FROM SCRATCH GOD DAMMIT
JUST LOOK AT FUCKING ANYTHING, CRONO TRIGGER, SONIC, MEGAMAN, FUCKING ANYTHING THAT HAS PIXELS WORKS FROM A REFERENCE OF SOME KIND THAT IS MORE OFTEN THAN NOT JUST A DRAWN PICTURE THAT YOU TRACE OVER AND SCALE DOWN IN YOUR TRACING
FUCK YOU FUCKING DUMB PIXEL SHIT IDIOTS WHO DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE FUCKING PINNACLE OF THE ARTFORM YOU'VE BASTARDIZED

Trying to recreate something sure, but when you can see the fucking pixels on something what is the difficulty exactly? Have you somehow hampered your vision to make it a challenge?

Well considering how you just went "Hey guys look how much I've improved" and posted your thing without the reference a misunderstanding was imminent. At least you posted the reference next post.

copying a better artists work will you teach you.
tracing wont teach you nothing.

there's a diference.

yeah, that was my mistake.

Heres a picture of Lyn from Fire Emblem.

Heres a picture of Lyn I drew from reference a second ago.

Please do no steal my artwork.

do you seriously think I traced kyrieru sprite?

holy kek.

How about you ask the artist you copied from if they are happy with you claiming that your picture is your own work?
I'm sure they would be trilled to hear that.

my version is my own.
I didn't claimed his version to be mine.

you're asking about cover versions in music to stealing other artists works.

Its like a cover version with 2 notes different in the whole song.

forget all this argument

1. do you think you actually learned anything worthwhile by your doing the piece visually copying the other? if so what
2. take it for future reference- when copying an image to study it, present the original always

you're blind if you think I traced the sprite.

not even the same resolution.

yeah, I learned a bunch of stuff.
I've figured out you can do half pixel paintings by using ramps.

Whatever you do as long as you learn from it its fine, just don't post a near identical replica and say its your own.
The Miku picture is a knock-off of the original and you wont get away with that sort of thing for very long.

He fucked the face up, her sleeves aren't loose, overdid the anatomy on the legs and the torso rhythm is different. He didn't trace the drawing, of that I'm sure.
Now the problem would've been if he decided to claim the artwork was his, but even then he later posted the reference to clear up that it wasn't actually his drawing.

look bro.
I simply made a screenshot from this animation.

chill bro.

Okay, since all of you are faggots, just listen up
here are the fucking rules:
Steal shit; if you make it all pixelated properly, show it off because you have to actually do some work to actualize a translation of art to pixelated art
If you use a reference, actually fucking use it; it doesn't matter if your reference is green if you're just going to make the thing look red, if you're going to change the colors it's going to look like an improper translation and you get a shitty final thing
If you don't have a reference, make one you fucking shit; It's nearly impossible to start from scratch with this kind of art, you need some higher resolution to start with and work down to a lower and lower res thing, so as not to make fucking blobs
Those are the rules, sluggers, go do good shit, stop this fucking nonsense, and fuck off.

I'm still confused about how there were this many newfags that didn't recognize the source without being told.

It's fine to take notes from other artists and study how they draw specific poses if you like their style and want to incorporate it into your own. But there's a fine line between that and just redrawing what you see then claiming it as something you made.
I draw from reference and I make it an absolute 100% point to never make my art look like a blatant, shitty knockoff copy. I do it purely for my own personal study, and try to make it as different and unique as possible while still retaining what I learned from the reference in front of me.
sage because this applies more to all art then just pixel art

kek

What I have been poorly trying to say this whole time.

But at the end of the day, IS it alright to use other artists' artworks as reference, at least for people starting out like me? I've only been drawing since last April. It always feels shitty when I do it, because the last thing I want to do is be labelled as some guy who just copies. I've been moving on to taking real life references recently

Tried making some Megaman Wily stage capsules, I gotta learn how to draw broken glass.

it's fine, so long as you're not just superficially copying and are actually trying to deconstruct what you're referencing to see how it was created and what choises exist under the surface. and even then if you dont do this, the only one losing is really yourself.

You are all literally faggots who don't understand that pixel art and regularly drawn art do not translate 1:1 in terms of reference work.

**I'm sure most people will agree that using other artists art as a reference or guild line is perfectly fine just as long as you dont go overboard and copy them one hundred percent. Some artists I follow actually encourage their artwork to be used and they would like to see the results.
Other art and artists inspire people to get better and learn, its nothing to feel shitty about user, ya just gotta know when you're starting to go too far into copycat territory**

well fuck

A+

It doesn't matter the art medium, I was saying you should try your best to never copy 1:1 like OP did. Learn how to read, faggot.

Good thing nobody was talking about that.

Fixed them up a bit, made them more readable, less noisey.

8/10 would leave on in settings

AM2R has some sexy spritework.

the most ironic thing I have seen today…

Tracing != Copying a picture using negative space and proportion (pixel) measuring.

I want to fug liberty-tan.

Jesus Christ, I knew a kid just like this in Highschool. I'd always call him out for copying shit out of game manuals and he'd cry, "HURR I DIDN'T TRACE IT THO".

Make a greentext out of this please.