Could the insane push for metro/minimalist styles be linked to us becoming lazier and more impatient?

Could the insane push for metro/minimalist styles be linked to us becoming lazier and more impatient?

Like, the less graphics we use, the less work we have to do AND the less the user has to percieve.

Think about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/a/ewg.k12.ri.us/all-about-youtube/the-evolution-of-youtube
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, it's just a UI trend. 75% of UI designers are shitters that just follow what the current trend is, just like in fashion. We'll come back around to higher fidelity assets soon enough.

t. UI/UX guy that misses doing photorealistic icons.

I hope so.
I'm getting tired of looking at light colored blocks.

Computers exist so the user doesn't have to do as much work. Why would you want to do more work?

Content over presentation, macfag

Hopefully we'll move past UIs entirely in a decade or two, and all of our devices will be highly personalized and intuitive enough to anticipate anything we want to do as we want to do it.

Can't believe it happened with both metro and apple interface

What do you even mean?

The metro UI is more inefficient.
If anything it requires more patience.

I've found that minimalist UIs tend to require more effort to use, on top of looking ugly as sin. The sooner this fad is over the better.

I miss skeuomorphic.

I like how minimal looks, but it lacks charm and depth.

How can you like this

How can you like this

We still need to see what we're doing.

I'm not sure if you're fucking with me or if you're being serious

Would you rather navigate a maze with landmarks, or without them?

If the maze without landmarks has giant arrows telling me where to do then I'd rather choose that.
That's what stuff like Google's Material design is, it subtly makes it easier to navigate instead of obviously pointing out everything

At the cost of functionality.
Nothing hurts my eyes more than horrible bright WHITE when browsing in low light
JewTube doesn't like dark and it doesn't exist, and two, good job contradicting your argument faglord.
Yes. It makes perfect sense to have the app open on home instead of subscriptions, having a trending page, not having 30 second skip forward to back buttons, a visible play/pause button that is white with no shadow, and making it impossible to view content with specified lists ascending or descending.

Kill yourself.

[citation needed]
You're basically telling me that Blackberry interface design is better than current Android interface design

Which is why so many apps using minimal designs allow you to switch to a dark style incredibly easily.

Pic related, a thousand lines of CSS taken from when youtube made youtube dark for a day

Youtube never opened to subscriptions. Would you rather have the homepage be the place to discover new stuff and act like a general hub or just have things you decide to watch?

I don't think you get the point of designing things. Without an homepage that everybody visits no new videos would be discovered, Youtube would have the same 10 youtubers and everybody else would have no chance at getting their content out there.

You're literally complaining about the fact that you can't be bothered to put the Subs page in your bookmarks instead of the homepage.
Which might mean you're retarded.
kys

Good job moving the goal posts you faggot.

Which is why it opens to a homepage when you're not signed in and opens to subs when signed in.

Are you this fucking retarded?

I don't recall ever mentioning that good design was only on phones. Yeah sure, the phone app for youtube sucks, that doesn't mean that minimal design is always bad in very single case

Are you fucking stupid
How do you think youtube would stay afloat if nobody could find new good content?

You're basically arguing that a giant fucking Waypoint telling you where to go is better than designing a game level to be intuitive visually

Shit looks like an OS from a cartoon. I'd say it's more that more dumb people have computers now and need shit slapped in their face to figure out what is what and where.

By advertising the same shit channels they always do such as PewDiePie and other big name channels. Have you ever looked at the home page? Probably not because you'd realize this and nobody fucking uses it anyways.

You are mentally on the level of an Alienware-buyer. You like useless, tacky flash that gets in the way of functionality.

Currently in my homepage

And it keeps going like that. So maybe you haven't used the homepage in a long time, because you seem to be completely disconnected from it.
Not to mention that youtube was white before the minimal design, it was white in the middle of the "oh so great Windows Vista design", and it's white now

I have no idea how much of a faggot you have to be to make these problems the website has about its current design, but I'm going to guess a whole lot

sites.google.com/a/ewg.k12.ri.us/all-about-youtube/the-evolution-of-youtube

You lack so much self awareness holy shit jej

Some posts later

Go back to making more pointless GUI changes because it's hip Mr. Jewgle Intern.

Nigger you're wrong, you haven't even responded to half of my arguments and you've been moving goalposts for half an hour

You should probably just realized that how Youtube is looking now is the best it's ever been. That windows vista and 7 looked like shit, although not worse than 8. And Android looks amazing.

I don't even know what you're arguing for anymore to be honest, you're just using strawmen to attack parts of my argument to somehow prove that you're right and come out on top to get one last bit of satisfaction despite being sorely wrong.

Please, don't be such a faggot next time

All you.

Look at this fag and laugh

fuck off

Who let this underage on the board?
I feel two distinct emotions at this moment.

Confirmed for not having seen the birth of youtube.

See that's the problem. This User Experience "UX" meme almost all User Interface Designer picked up. They talk about "User Journeys" and design their godawful sites and apps around this terrible idea that they have to babysit every click and every action a user does. They create and sell "experiences". It's literally alchemy, smoke and mirrors. They constantly mix psychology and empiricism without having any modicum of knowledge and then resolve the matter like an artist anyway.

Here is the truth: Interfaces are tools to manipulate and to view data. Nothing more, nothing less. You should always argue about interface design like you'd argue while creating a tool and the question is always the same: Is this useful and will this get the job done?

The most useful website doesn't earn you the most money, so everything is useless anyway.

I hate most of my fellow designers and this craft, it makes everything worse. I'd say 95% of us would be without a job if engineers would learn some basic typography.

The point is designers have become lazy, so they make those shitty flat interfaces that are actually harder for the user to figure out.

The reason why flat UI design is trending (apparently nobody here has done graphic design) is that with mobile devices having a variety of screen resolutions and websites being cross-platform, it is essentially easier to rescale assets and still have then be aesthetically pleasing without taking up space. Skeuomorphic design sadly can't keep up with that.

What complicated non-minimalist styles do you have in mind when comparing to the recent Metro styles?

>id has dada
how fitting

Is this a meme?

I didn't know this was actually a thing. Now I'm actually disgusted.

plebs

No, the trend now is is that programmers also have to make the GUI graphical shit, that's why it is so bleak and lazy as possible. I'm one of those fucks that's struck by this bullshit.

I mostly just hate how both development and criticism of UIs focuses so much on minor cosmetic stuff like whether muh boxes are solid color or gradiented, over things like actual ease of use or logical placement of buttons/icons.

It's because you can make those UIs with nothing but the line and the fill tool.

I hate how most websites today don't bother to have a night theme. Fuck your bright the sun colors, just give me some grey background colors you useless fucks.

Windows’ UI looks the way it does because it was literally done in PowerPoint.

because retards see busy interfaces and get "confused".

I would love another hud like old unreal or a racing game

>retards people call it very deep and confusing because of its size