Did they really add a love interest in a real shin megami tensei game?

Did they really add a love interest in a real shin megami tensei game?

Why are they treating this game like persona lite?

Other urls found in this thread:

megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Heroine
megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Yumiko_Shirasagi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably because Persona is selling more and SMT isn't anymore.
Change is good, if people don't like it they'll remove it in whatever next sequel they make

NO MARIE, NO BUY.

Or they stop making sequels altogether.

Which might be good too, sometimes you just gotta let a series die, and after SMT4 I'd do just that

Clearly they made a sequel to IV because it was underperforming

Compared to persona?
It probably was

Nigger you what ?

Nice way to show you have no idea what the series is and are just shitposting, bruh.

I didn't know Persona let you choose an ending where you betray your love interest and friends to side with Char Aznable and kill fucking everyone

Isn't the peace ending pretty much Persona 4?

DDS isn't SMT

I really would play purseowner if they did this

More or less, but even Hito-Shura from 3 could choose to revert back to the normal world and return to his happy high school days in one ending. The key is that there are multiple endings that aren't just "the bad/good/true endings," there's actual choices even if only a moron would ever side with Law or Chaos because both sides are fucking stupidexcept MegaTen 2 where siding with YHVH means you get to become a god yourself

Didn't the other SMT games have a female character in them either? Of which pretty much all of them were supportive of the MC in way or another, making them a love interest?
What do we know about this character in particular? Do we date them, upgrade social links with them or something? Because I fail to see the Persona influence otherwise.

megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Heroine
megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Yumiko_Shirasagi

Let me guess, SMT3 was your first SMT game.

Did you even play the game

The original Persona titles didn't let you go down that road if memory serves, but they were still solid stories that were more than just shallow excuses for dating sims like P3 turned the series into.

Meanwhile, SMT 4 FINAL has vid related.

See The first two characters are from SMT 1 and the last is SMT 2. The first is Lilith, after you because you're the reincarnation of Adam, while the Heroine is the reincarnation of Eve.

I see, I hope the Anarchy ending is satisfying so that I have something to look forward to in the storyline.

Yes. If you want to go back further, megami tensei 1 had it as well.

Same here, I still need to play FINAL myself, wanted to finish every route of 4 first since FINAL apparently improves the battle system and everything so much I don't think I'll ever want to go back to 4 once I start FINAL.

OP is a stupid Preta.

She's more of a daughter in the backstory, but in the events of the game she is in fact a love interest to Serph. I'd say subtly so, but there is nothing subtle about a couple literally merging together.

SMT has never sold a lot though they barely broke 50k in the past, Nocturne got lucky but didn't sell to Atlus's expectation, while Persona has moved truck loads of copies

The fucking hand guard on her sword is on backwards

Don't forget Hitomi.

The hell are you talking about? Both SMT 1 and 2 have love interests.

This, Pixie is Demifiend's Heroine

Also, to anyone actually wondering how this game is, it's like a better SMT4. Smirk is reworked to actually not be broken, app points matter, game is much harder from start to finish. If you even slightly enjoyed 4, I would recommend it. Only problem I have with the game is with the "Bonds" ending where everyone will eventually end up worshiping Danu and the faries anyway.

Demons are tools, not waifus

get a load of this pleb, he does not fuse a super loli team each game he can.

Only SMT titles I've played are Nocturne and Strange Journey. Absolutely loved both.

I pre-ordered Apocalypse but don't plan on getting IV at all, since it's essentially a massively improved version of the original. Japan liked it a lot too.

Can't wait for the 20th.

He's a demon, though.

Apocalypse is the foreignese name for FINAL then? If so, it's actually an almost sequel, it takes place during the final chapter of 4, so it's not a remake if that's what you're thinking. Mechanically though yes, that's the impression I got.

Pretty much, hence why he can't establish his own Kotowari, that's only for the movers and shakers of the universe, humanity.

Didn't Soul Hackers have a love interest?

Haven't played it yet since I've yet to play the original Devil Summoner, but I know it has a MUH DICK interest

While SMT and Persona are separate entities, they share the same roots and compliment each other. The farther apart they're distanced, the worse they both get.