I want to get in/back in to quake but I have no dueling buddies in Australia to practice with

I want to get in/back in to quake but I have no dueling buddies in Australia to practice with.
Is there anyone in aus that wants to start dueling regularly? I'm in Western Australia and I could play adelaide servers. But I get ~100 ping to sydney.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/55763342/
steamcommunity.com/id/kazadley/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd like to play more Q3A but I'm in Melb so connect might not be great to Perth

VQL or CPMA?

VQ3*

You're shit outta luck, mate. Not many servers there.

We got loads of servers… Just no players. Isn't camma form Perth? Maybe I'll go play with him

i play quake but im not even near western shitland

Vanilla

Play with your brother-uncles.

There are a handful of WA quake players but they're all shit. Myself included. Quake Live is where it's at though not Q3A

Would you be cool dueling with a shitter until I get good? I'm from Canberra but I've got that NBN nonsense, so ping shouldn't be too bad.

I don't mind as long as you don't mind.

Where can I find you? Do you hang out in irc/have steam?

I don't mind mate, only one way to git gud. Which version of quake best suits you?

Quake Live works best for me. I already have that installed and something about Quake 3's mouse input gives me the willies.

Thought it was available on linux. Just checking how to best get it working now.

We had a linux client a few years ago but sponge trashed it because it wasn't being maintained and they didn't have anyone to support it. Runs better under wine than it ever did natively with all the pulse/ALSA issues.

i would, but you seem to be in queensland these days

I'm in Melbourne, but if you have quake live I'll play with ya
steamcommunity.com/id/55763342/

stop living in the most remote part of the world's most remote country, idiot

you're not a miner

You're just part of the landowner class trying to keep the renting bubble going well I got news for you it's all over man it's going to come crashing down around you any day and THEN I'll move to sydney.
I spent a few weeks in a nice house in the middle of bumfuck nowhere somewhere between queensland and the hunter valley for christmas. It was great. I wish we had trees over here.

sent :)

Where did you go user?

Do you blokes not have trees over there?

Sorry, Kinda dogged you. Had dinner with the missus. I also thought Quake Live was free. You still keen though?

I'm too used to playing against predictable dumb-asses in us west.

Nope. We have large bushes though.
It was for a while, and if you played at all in the last two years I think you get it for free. You might need to have bought a subscription in some point in the past though I have a friend who played with me for a few years and got it for free despite never buying a sub.

Purchased, what's your steamID?

steamcommunity.com/id/kazadley/

NSW Master Race over here man, I don't keep of your gypsy descendants and where they travel.

I don't know what's worse in your country. The giant spiders, the internet speed, or the deadly deadly emus.

anyone from sydney who plays on PiT ctf servers?

This is liars thread. Australians are not allowed to play quake because its far too good for them.

Who /Pauline Hanson/ here?

fuck off

I used to live in NSW but I moved to the Banana Republic (QLD) a few years ago.

My whole backyard was full of funnel web spider holes as a kid. You could stomp the ground near the hole and they'd crawl out pissed ready to attack.

Cheers for the game mate, it'll be good to play again sometime

she still thinks Asians are the enemies with all the Muslims around kek.

Does anyone know a good college/university in Australia?

I have been thinking about doing a course there.

t.hue