Have you ever reflected on your own gaming history and noticed you have been unconsciously catering to a specific kind...

Have you ever reflected on your own gaming history and noticed you have been unconsciously catering to a specific kind of taste without even knowing you had it?

What do you think your tastes really say about you?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Fujiwara_no_Mokou
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=4325914&type=all
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have you ever made several obvious threads at the same time?

You're also a fag for not killing people

Killing monsters is more fun, why would you want to suffer like G did?

I'm a rapier-minded (straight to the point) romantic. Sounds about right.

Nigga taste is as simple as it is pointless to try and quantify.

My tastes say I'm shit at most games.
Basically, if its something that requires reflexes and coordination, I probably don't play it.
The only exception there being racing games.

I hate your stupid image set.

For years I thought I was really into turn based strategy and complicated puzzle games, but after looking back I noticed I really liked certain multiplayer shooters and racing games, and hated a lot of strategy game. I finally noticed the common theme of every game I liked, gambling! The only game that get my blood pumping are those where I can take massive risks doing crazy shit and either fail horribly or succeed wildly. So all the game sI like either have human opponents I can attempt to mindgame, or built-in randomness.

Where are these coming from?

I like realism, immersion and tactical games.

Where do you think you are?

Holla Forums, a board about video games.

I'm not sure but I've been saving all of them

Exactly, so what's the issue?

China

I need more.

You can have these, I've got more but I'm going to bed

Chinese artist on pixiv

Thanks user

Let me contribute with two more I found

much appreciated

I prefer fighting monsters over humans, as well. Because I don't believe in gray area bullshit: it's us, versus them.

Well, if we're just dumping these things hereā€¦

I noticed that I only play games with fun gameplay + very replayable co-op for thousands of hours

i want to be a monster fighting humans

Why are these so fucking good?

Cute pictured combined with absurd ideas and possibly poor translations.

Because of her stature.

My tastes tell me I really like difficult games that ramp up near the end(Assault Android Cactus, N++, FORCED), games with loads of secrets(Oddworld) and games where opinions are divided on that imply it's just a mediocre or shit game but turn out to be just right for me(Bionic Commando Rearmed, Dark Void, the demo of Champions of Anteria looks like this too)

So that's why i was having a hard time reading the kanji.

I fucking love these.

I want to have a baby with Mokou!

Uh, you don't get to bring friends.

no choice for them

what do you think touhou is?

And why would I want them?

Post rare chinese 2hus

They were trying to nab your prize, they work for the mercenary; the masketta man

Which tuhu is that and what kind of meme is that

en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Fujiwara_no_Mokou

Chinese meme I guess.

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=4325914&type=all
Here ya go fam.

Drop by it every once in a while, the artist still makes new ones.

Thanks, bruh.

Is this some kind of learn-how-to-read-chinese thing?

anime is trash kill youself

Nah, I think the artist is just that bad at English. Then again, I think they must be at least somewhat self aware ever since I saw the duang one.

But user, no one has posted any anime.

MOKOU A CUTE! A CUTE!!!

where's the edit of this where it was all red and stuff? I saw it posted here before but I can't find it.

Do you hate fun?

I don't, so I could never resist. I killed a shitload of people for fun in most of the games.

This is a message to every one, NEVER use Mokou in the op. I've never seen it not derail the thread from the start.
But seriously though, almost every game I play are games that allow me to go at my own slow ass pace. I'm not saying that I don't play fast pace games or that I never go fast at all. for example, in hotline miami I would clear a room and then evaluate what is going on around the level before making my next move. Or in stealth games I always try to kill everyone using the melee weapon unnoticed or in l4d2 I always snipe even regular zombies from afar. or in tf2 I either play sniper engi or a pyro and leave the group and go through the side hallways by myself and take my time. I always listen to podcasts unless I'm playing l4d2, a stealth game or stalker. I just live to take it easy.

Chad pls go.

I can honestly say I don't.

I'll play Skyrim, then I'll go Wizardry.
Then I'll play Neptunia, then I'll play GTA or Sleeping dogs.

Pokemon to Dementium, Obsidian to Dark Cloud.

I don't have a real specific taste in games. I just play anything.

See theres another one for me
and i still do it. every time.

well see
lockpicking shouldn't EVER be a skill.
Not unless there are otherways to get into door.

A good rpg would let you climb a wall and break open a window and slip into the upper floors.

Its why Oblivions dark brotherhood quests are fantastic. There is literally one where you break into a basement, go up stairs and ide in the drywall till a guy sits on a chair below you and you loosten the bolts holding a big deer head on the wall so it drops, the antlers kill him and in the ensueing panic you run back into the basement and out the delivery hatch and just saunter down the street as just another townsfolk off to worship the 9 divines or some shit.

Needs more Toho.

I completely despise any games that force on you any story and drags you through it's witty and epic writing and cinematics. The less "gamey", the more it sucks. Stuff like Metal Slug, Puyo Puyo, EDF, Umihara Kawase, Worms Armageddon is my bread and butter

This includes less actiony rpgs, point'n'clicks, corny jrpgs

As you can imagine, I'm absolutely livid about the modern games

have you ever seen a whale with a polka dot tail?
DOWN BY THE BAY

I think I like destroying people and things

Hitting this plane, with no survivors

I'm a huge fucking faggot I guess.
I love Starcraft and XCOM but they hurt my soul a little.

Nurse or Murse?

There are no girls on the internet user, it has to be a murse.

I'd ask "Are you me" but I rarely go isolationist.

i love being a dudley do right, but in 4x games i can never resist rolling shit over with a strong military.

The best is covering the entire map with blight in WC3 and Creep in starcraft. That scratches a real satisfying OCD tier itch.

the creep is a lot more satisfying in starcraft 2 i think. it rolls down cliffs and it actually serves a function outside of being annoying in a campaign.

The temptation to do that is hard to ignore. I end up starting a new game to do just that sometimes and using pic related as my justification for ruining everything for everyone.

Whatever you want me to be bby
Murse on a tiny bit of HRT

/cuteboys/ dont turn this thread into a den of lies, you aint just a guy who likes soy in his cereal are you?

No, I'm not some kind of make-up wearing fruit.
I take prescribed medication and tell no one about what I'm doing.

As much as I try to branch into other genres, I can only play tactical military FPS/TPS or casual arcade stealth. I blame my upbringing and the fact that I come from a cop family that would always play that shit around me as a kiddo. Sure I play a ton of other good shit, but tacticool stealth fps/tps is the only genre that keeps me coming back for more.

The only other genre I can think of that I autistically played a ton of was classic Blizzshit like W3, SC1, Diablo, etc. Recently I've been able to condition myself to play stuff like Deus Ex 1, Thief, and System Shock 2. It's been a hard process, but I'm slowly falling in love with the games.

Go to facebook if you want a persistent identity.
Stop avatarfagging.

Here's a tip newfag, learn what avatarfag means before using it.

You didn't notice it wasn't jap from the lack of kana?

I am the greatest

Does "EBA" illicit the same reaction in you as EDF in others?

pleb

i bet you think osu! is a real rhythm game

lmao
not in a million years

CS:GO
Overwatch
Undertale
Fallout 4
Doom 4
Dota 2
Dark souls 3 and 2
No Man's Sky

Cmon, I know you can do better than that

wonderful.

esoteric lol*

>Mokouposting and loss edits
Aw shit nigga that's some GOOD SHIT right there.

Thank you, doctor.