Has anyone here been able to beat the elevator surprise part of MGS non-lethally?

Has anyone here been able to beat the elevator surprise part of MGS non-lethally?

Don't lie

I remember the codec call on that part freaked me out, I wasn't expecting Otacon's face to be zoomed in and looking right at you.

You mean just beating people up? Or maybe stun grenades?

Non-lethal wasn't a thing in MGS until 2.

Beating people up counts as non-lethal

>shit brix

I'm pretty sure they can't be knocked out. I tried it in the second elevator fight and the guy would just get right back up after several seconds.

as I recall this is one of the parts in a Big Boss run that you can't avoid killing, maybe the only part outside of boss fights.

So, as someone who only plays kiddie shit like Cave Story and Mario, How would you recommend metal gear to someone like me?

Played non lethally, Metal Gear Solid is a pseudo puzzle game with realistic graphics. You hide and wait, trying to find the best way to your objective and study the guard's patrol routes.

You can either run past them, leaving them on their route, or you can knock them out, making them unable to radio in (and heightening the alert level when they recover), or you can kill them, making it the easy (but unsatisfying) way to play

Play the first games first, the MSX ones. If you make it then you'll stop being a casual shit and will be more than ready for MGS1

And by Mario, I'm assuming you include the retro ones at the very least.

Of course

My recommendation is to kill urself

Who would have thought

ROAST IN HELL, DYKELOVER.

Also, if you skip a single codec call you never heard before you'll be forever a scrub, kojimbo's autism is a big part in any of the games.

There are IIRC 19 mandatory kills in MGS1, that fight included. Other examples would the two dudes inside that tank, and the guys in the jeep chase at the end.

You also get found by enemies a mandatory 4 times due to plot.

Getting the Big Boss rank requires you to be found less than 5 times, and to kill less than 26 enemies. But due to the mandatory plot shit above, it's impossible to be found less than 4 times, and only about 6 of your 25 allowed kills are optional.

I want to say it was a GamePro magazine I read when I was a kid, they claimed to get Big Boss ranking, you needed to be the game three times without saving, under 3 hours each time, 0 deaths and 0 kills

also Snake unintentionally kills everyone in the whole compound anyway

Why didn't Foxdie affect him too, if he's a genetic clone of Big Boss, the same as Liquid?

fo'real monica i caught my one son watchin dat steven universe shit and i stabbed the nigga n sent him off to fosta care fo'real fo'real

Because that was a load of shit and la-li-lu-le-lo, and all those things Naomi went on for hours about in MGS4

What was a load of shit, the virus, or his genetic cloning? I didn't play 4, because I didn't get a PS3

I still prefer MGS1's style to much of the rest of the series, in particular, how hard it could be to play less lethally. I think starting the game with a tranquilizer gun in all the later ones almost ruined the franchise with how simple it made many tasks.

What's even the point of many of the "you like the killing" sort of stuff in the games when non lethal was quieter and faster? You zoom around like a chemist dispensing magic sleeping pills throughout the whole game until you get to a bossfight or chase sequence. At least make it an unlock or hidden weapon or something, it's just way too convenient. As each game came out you slowly needed to move carefully less, and instead just pick out targets to put to sleep better.

Then watch the 9 hour long telenovella and find out. That subplot alones takes about 90 minutes of cutscenes .

3 hours and 0 deaths is correct, but it's the only MGS game that actually allows you to kill while still getting the perfect rank, and the saving thing is a myth (although talking to Mei Ling does waste game time).

Because Naomi went rogue. From MGS2's summary of MGS1:

Then in MGS4 a bunch of other shit happens, but you don't need to know any of that for MGS1.

he should stop at MG2, best metal gear game.