Which game requires the most intelligence?

Which game requires the most intelligence?

Pic unrelated

The void

Probably a stupid ass puzzle game from the nineties.

that one game about stuff

that pic is one of my favorite memes

a trivia game i guess

Super Mario 64

Where in the fuck is Carmen Sandiego, if you lost the literal full sized almanac/encyclopedia that came with it.

Might not be as much a problem in the days of the internet, but in 1989 it was brutal.

This

the game of life

Tetris, Chess and Backgammon.

Realistically?
Probably some extremely obscure game that's 10+ years ago.

And it allows room for creativity too.

Fighting games.

You mean autism?
Aurora

Oh I almost forgot.

Kerbal Space Program.

It actually takes a lot of planning and clever use of resources to get the big stuff done, like landing on other planets and coming back alive.

Smart games, for smart people™
People actually like this game

Not really, charisma and people skills can lead to a much easier time.

Luck can play a part in success as well. Let's not forget nepotism, social engineering and other methods of manipulation, inheritance of various family benefits, networking with specific people within a group who are not accessible to the proletariat, and any given method one could use to step outside of the given boundaries via some exemption or loop hole.

Fuck you, life's not easy and you should work toward ubermensch, but there's a number of people who got lucky. Everyone wants to win but nobody wants to play by the rules.

There are many old games, like Robinson's Requiem or something like SS13 where you can kill nigh gods with enough knowledge. Silent Hunter series, primarily the ones where you can use manual TDC. Most simulators, infantry or otherwise. List is long but the niggertood is strong.

The game of become a millionaire by the age of 30.

Tetris. Prove me wrong.

DROD is the most intellectually demanding single player game I know of. That and the better simulator games of course.

For multiplayer I would go with Homeworld. If someone is smarter than you to a decent degree, and they aren't a beginner at Homeworld, you will NEVER beat them. Honorable mention goes to MvC2, aka "the world's fastest RTS."

pick one

Wizardry.

Also, if you're such a dullard you can't come to games that require knowledge by your own providence, you're pretty well stunted and should already know you were born wrong. There really is no reason for you to be spoonfed unless someone is creating a more definitive board list.

Fuck the Wizard series holy shit, imagine if DSP had to play them in order

kek

A fine argument. You're likely talking about the shit Nippon versions because you don't actual play games or seek them out. They couldn't even work out how to port Shadowgate properly.

Holy shit, i would pay to watch that.

Imagine if he had to play them with no help

Yes, and that's why you're an utter faggot. Your shitty board is dead and it's the closest Nippon thing to your gay board. No wonder every casual fuck on every multimedia service has smug anime avatars. Because they have no direction, passion discipline, taste or skill.

/gsg/ in general takes a lot of intelligence(autism)

Grand Strategy is not the best. It's just populist enough.

It's a figure of speech numbnuts.

So La Mulana?

No it isn't.

check these out

It is

Only if you're a faggot.

HOW DO YOU SOLVE THIS I'VE BEEN ON IT FOR THREE MONTHS

Video games don't require much intelligence. All games can eventually be "won" via trial and error. Memory is the only thing that matters.

I've been trying to figure this out, and it's been difficult because even the most complicated games have been completely mastered by many players. In Kerbal Space Program there's people that make gigantic SSTOs that go to the farthest planets, or are so skilled at flying that they can go to the Mun using on SRBs. In Dwarf Fortress, people routinely go down to the Circus and make all the clowns their personal bitches. 4X games have all been beaten. 2hu games have all been beaten. Tetris has been beaten by a guy blindfolded. Games like chess have been so thoroughly understood that people write basic computer programs that can play them to a high degree of competence.

Is there any game out there that even the best players of it haven't even begun to master? Is it even POSSIBLE for a human to create a game that is too hard for a human to beat…?

Isn't.

Memorization =/= intelligence. This may not be readily apparent considering the most popular education systems in use nowadays, but it's true.

TIS-100 is harder if you ask me. But yeah, Zachtronics games require quite a lot of intelligence unless you're a faggot who looks up solutions.

Correct, but more intelligent people are generally significantly better at memorization as well.

Chess.

Any chess game that uses one of those super complex algorithms to fuck your shit up.

It will counter EVERYTHING you try to do because it knows every single move you can currently make now and 4.something billion moves later.

Only last year (or, more publically, this year) was a computer able to beat a "Go" grandmaster, and the computer used 1202 CPUs and 176 GPUs. And the human still took a game.

Spec Ops: The Line.

Pokemon. Even figuring out how to exit the first room could take you months.

Memory and understanding are linked. If you understand something well it takes less effort to remember all the details about it. Hence smarter people have better memory.

I guess some of the weirder puzzles at the end of Fez I know require a solid understanding of cryptography, but most of the game is shit so I wouldn't say it's worth it.

You're probably best off playing something that gives you a lot of freedom and doesn't require intelligence as much as it rewards you proportional to how intelligent you are. This generally means autism games like any good GSG, dorf, Simcity 4, heavily modded minecraft (or even vanilla if you want to do computer engineering with redstone), or of course Fallout 4™ I guess if you modded the settlement limits you could do something cool but it wouldn't be worth having to touch that godawful building UI or playing the game enough to get the resources you'd need.

Maybe not intelligence but games like infinifactory and space chem require good amounts of spatial awareness, planning and problem solving skills which could be seen as indicative of intelligence

Shit, this place really is turning into reddit.

True, some 9gag fags have been roaming around the place. 9gag memes, standard meme formats (white text etc.) They are everywhere nowadays, and pointing it out only gets you "haha baited" and shit. It's infuriating.

IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN

lol baited Xd

High skill ceiling multiplayer games like League of Legends and Overwatch.

Has much better have Chess AI's gotten since Deep Blue?

Are they better than the best human players at this point?

Ask a euphoric question, get a euphoric answer.

Fuck. That's the very level I got to before I threw in the towel.

Hard maybe but it looks shit.

I blame Holla Forums, the are the ones bringing in 9gag and facebook refugees.

Being an effectual captain in Space Station 13 requires a great degree of intelligence, social nuance, and exceptional combat skill.

Let's take a look:

Taikyoku Shogi

The only job that requires a mild degree of intelligence is non-calculator Telesci.
But seriously, who the fuck does that?Only retards I assure you. SS13 is pretty much 100% memorization

The only real skill you need in SS13 is social manipulation. Telesci is fucking fun though. Teleporting cap bombs into gnat's asshole, hell yes.

I got this game from the kind user with the trivia pics / sounds / huds. I already beat it. What is that line in the middle though? Also that swap instruction, I've never seen those things.

Fucking magical.