That feel when your favourite franchise has been nothing but a cheap commercial garbage since the beginning

ok

But it wasn't. SC1 was gud.

Well, pretty much every game is cheap commercial garbage. Just some of them have more effort put into them than others.
There has always been marketing and looking for the mass appeal and like with all products it just took time and (money) to get that shit down to a science.

I'm afraid that you're not going to see the average quality rise up until you can get a few indie scene developers out of the crowdsourcing muck and mindset and get them into producing AAA titles.

There's something I like to remind people of when it comes to lots of iconic movies. That if you look into them, their origins and how they were made, most of them, especially horror, were done for shoestring budgets in such a strained and small amount of time.

Same thing with video games.

A very grounding experience of where we were and to where we are now is done in simply completing a game.
I like to go through the RE series every October and as the game titles climb in number the amount of people and DEPARTMENTS/JOBS increase exponentially with each new title.

Watching the credits of RE2 feels so fucking quaint compared to like RE6.

sorry, faggot, it's time to take off the nostalgia glasses and come back to reality

SC1 was a good game.

All games are garbage now, there's little love when you have guys like Todd Howard marketing lies to gullible idiots who still buy DLC and season passes of a game that's not complete.

No always online bullshit, LAN, great mapping and competitive community that wasn't on the level of Gookclick sports, and that storytelling about factions that are warring against each other for ultimate supremacy and survival.

care to enlighten me?

I used to like the Terran lore for this game. I can't be the only one that found the backstory for terrans interesting.

I kind of miss playing sc with friends.
Back when I had friends

Thats what you get for liking blizzard's knockoff of 40k.

Remember when each race had playstyles that matched their lore?

Terran had high risk/high reward strategies that destroyed themselves almost as much as they destroyed the enemy.

Zerg were forced to expand aggressively in order to survive.

Protoss were obsessed with power overwhelming that they made units who would come back to fight even after death.

Now in SC2:
Super cost-effective, safe terran units with very few drawbacks

Caster zergs make turtling zerg strats viable

Protoss relying on stupid robots instead of their psionic breatheren

It's like the people responsible for SC2 balance have no idea why the races were themed the way they were.

This isn't even close to what the problem with sc2 protoss is.

OP is young and thinks he knows what he is talking about. SC1 was made when Blizzard didn't become top dog in MMO development and a newfound fondness for total kikery or being bought out so they actually made complete games with the expansions basically being sequals to what was. Generally when DLC was big fucking games that could pretty much be independent sequal releases in their own right (called expansions) like Brood War. They even took the time to make manuals with a bunch of neat shit in it that nobody was actually interested in reading just cause.

Of course the story was pretty much a bunch of sci-fi cliches slapped together but the execution was pretty nice since it was basically War for supremacy in the space boonies. Oh and the Zerg weren't a bunch of dindus or that retarded ass Star Child nonsense. Fucking look at this, this pic is advanced lore rape.

I was trying to get through without using health items. I played a bit conservatively.

I don't think i would class SaGa Frontier as cheap commercial garbage.

hilari-O's