Binding of Isaac

whoa…so this is the power of indie games….

Wew

Well I'm not a fan of the binding of issac, but when play real roguelikes I listen to a podcast or some music. In fact, I really dig that its a great way to zone out and engrose myself in a couple things.

What's wrong with that?

Payday and payday 2 does it and does it better.

Left 4 Dead is one of the earliest ones I can remember though. When the AI director got bored and sent a horde at you the music went frantic.

Are you calling the greatest wrestling podcast ever cancer?

any recommendations?

Serious Sam has been doing this since 2001.

peepee poopoo jokes are the best

So?

Holy fuck

Ironic or not this needs to be a bannable offense

heh

Not the guy that said this, but used to listen to a lot of sleepycabin stuff. Early stuff was nice but it can be a little dry.
Also Jerma985 streams are nice to listen to in the background, most of what he says doesn't require actually watching him play oyveywatch

One of the few things that still bring me back

ur gay

Wait, I thought Hasbro gave a seize and desist order to stop the pony fighting game. What the hell.

Or did the main characters get replaced?

Transistor was nice because of that.

Also the first boss fight has you singing to the boss, and after you bring her down to half her HP she sings back at you a distorted version of the same song.

Why do AAA studios fuck up dynamic music so much?
MGRR and Deadbolt are perfect examples of how to do it correctly, but fuck you, you get generic ambiance music.

Despite praising payday for this I actually don't like it in Serious Sam. I think it's because the combat music will kick in when you're fighting a single enemy. Payday it's more a "IT BEGINS." sort of thing because the game is more structured. I've noticed in games that do have dynamic soundtracks I 'switch off' as soon as the battle music ends, because I know I've got everyone, and if I haven't I'll know there's an enemy because of the music before I see them.