DDDA General

DDDA General

Stop discussing DD in non DD threads please - edition

wiki: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

Post yer pawn here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-n50bJM4l1R-OtlqlMjXveGUAUrPutCU5cR8b_fxYCY/edit#gid=0

Good mods
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/108/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/4/?
mega.nz/#!ThVyiJBL!Uy2cpiMpl5l60Y6cpFEd0GmPr3r9Kp3T_VUvoZSEyRA
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/46/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/95/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/7/?

FAQ
Dragon's Dogma is an action RPG made by Crapcom with super fun combat, comfy fantasy aesthetics, very good character customization, and [TECHNOLOGY]

You can either pirate it or buy it on GMG (gives you a $team key). You will not be able to share pawns (AI dudes that you create) with people online if you pirate it, and note that GMG purchases don't give any money to Valve

1. Do not play on hard mode, it was added as a way to make NG+ appropriately challenging and it will actually make the base game easier but more frustrating since you will be 1-shotted a lot but will get many instaheals from leveling up twice as fast and can buy super fancy weapons with the bloated gold drops.
2. Make sure your pawn doesn't have the guardian, nexus, or acquisitor inclinations. Guardian makes them stick to you 24/7 no matter what and barely do anything, nexus makes them drop whatever they're doing to carry other pawns to you, and acquisitor makes them into a greedy hook-nosed grabbler that will go look for items on the ground in the middle of combat
3. Don't go to Bitterblack Isle until you have beaten the game, and if you just killed the Dragon then you haven't beaten it yet so keep going.
4. Those shitty notice board quests like "kill 10 goblins" are not something you should focus on, you'll be killing plenty of mooks anyways on the actual quests so just accept them and play as you normally would
5. Explore, you don't have to focus on quests to play the game effectively. Running around the overworld killing mooks and finding shit can level up your vocations much faster than quests and you will find some helpful gear (if you do this in the early game at least). The overworld is full of shit like "that cave behind the waterfall with a treasure chest in it" and after hundreds of hours I still occasionally find new things.
6. If you make a loli pawn prepare to be bullied (especially if she's a mage)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/
stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af000000190005003c000a0000020058000000
gamefaqs.com/boards/684236-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/68138697
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-n50bJM4l1R-OtlqlMjXveGUAUrPutCU5cR8b_fxYCY/edit#gid=0
docs.google.com/uc?id=0B9ShI44SDFoARTBsMnpGV3prT3c&export=download
mega.nz/#!VwUjTRYL!uh2pJ-4Oj0Q_WTc7KLE9nEMv7FC72fatnUIQscSrWUc
stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How active is pawn sharing on PC? Is it worth buying if I already have it on the PS3?

You're fucking retarded. We don't need generals for every fucking game.

He accidentally posted about DD in a Dark Souls thread.

Active enough, my main one is about rank 180 and I get about 10 gifts a week.

Well earlier a thread got completely derailed to only be about DD and I think threads should generally be on topic unless it's a shit thread.

daily reminder that this is what could have been if crapcom didn't cut everything.

So…is the PS3 comunity dead? thinking about starting a new game and redo my character for a Mystic knight build. Can I make a decent build to use the magic cannon focusing in strength?

yeah but you would need a LOT of strength and the virge of madness or some other strong physical weapon. and a strength focused mystic knight is shit, so just do a balanced build with an emphasis on strength, like 600 STR and 500 MAG or something like that.

Hm… any guide in how should I build that? also, is there any guide to train your pawn properly? wanting to train some magic pawn but if I'm focusing in melee the little cunt could start climbing dragons instead of doing magic.

Ah, and also how do you go full strength? at which level stats become irrelevant to go full Warrior?

stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/

this is the build planner, if you hover your cursor over the question marks by the different vocations you can see the stat growths per level (before hitting lv100 and after. my Arisen should've been an hybrid warrior (a lot of health and balanced str and mag with a focus on strength) and now that i'm lv 200 I play as a Mystic Knight mostly. I could've done better but honestly it's not that bad

are the texture mods worth installing?

the best way to get a lot of strength is to level up assassin, it gets 6 STR before hitting lv 100 and 3 STR after

I suck planning stats and all that, that's why I need a guide. I have an actual 200 level character that mas mostly made for assassin related stuff, so my magic is really small. I just want to make my game go slow as fuck with so many missiles and kill even online Ur-Dragon with magic spamming.

Another thing… should I go hard difficulty when starting in level 1 to level up faster?

hard mode early on is pretty bad, it doesn't make you appreciate gold as normal mode does. in hard mode even goblins drop 10.000 coins on death, so no, go hard mode on ng+.
if you want to use a magick focused mystick knight then strength is no use to you. just go with a balanced build and acuity, attunement and articulacy augments and you're good to go. something like this should work well. stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af000000190005003c000a0000020058000000

(low magdef but who cares about defence when you can perfect block and use curatives?)

Man I want to do builds and stuff, but this is my first play through and I'm compelled to just play it. Level 40 or so and still haven't killed a Dragon. Lots of exploring.

So, magic cannon, the one where you create balls and spam the attack button to throw balls everywhere, uses the magic attack stat? I might just prepare an alternate account to have all the strongest weapons and stuff before restarting the game, or make a bank alternate account.

I'm asking about strength build because I've found this video and got curious.

it's both physical and magical damage, so it's pretty versatile but it works in a weird way. "The amount is roughly equal to 38.5 base damage, plus 50% of the weapon's Magick stat, plus 150% of the caster's base Magick stat." took this from the dd wiki. it's full of interesting and useful info there, so go and take a look by yourself

sorry I forgot to add that its phys damage is equal to 50% of the equipped weapon's strength

A full strength MK (as in 1-10 Fighter/Strider then 11-200 Assassin) is too specialized. It can kill Death and Daimon very quickly with the right moves and augments but it kind of sucks in general play. A full magic MK would be slightly better, but playing 190 levels as Sorcerer sucks. I'm trying 1-10 fighter/strider, 11-100 assassin, 101-130 Sorcerer and 131-200 MK right now and it's decent, it does good damage against everything.

If it can kill Daimon and Death fast, why shouldn't it kill regular monsters well? Or even the Ur-Dragon.

It requires a very specific playstyle, no pawns and health always in the red along with the usual spamming of Periapts. If you search for MK videos on YouTube (I believe the video posted earlier ITT was made by the same person) by Ghost of Kirin, he uses the full strength build to take down Death and Daimon very quickly, but he doesn't recommend it for general play, like if you haven't reached level 200 yet, since staying in very low hp is difficult with pawns and having pawns around means Autonomy does jack shit. In fact the hybrid build I posted was also recommended by him. That build allows you to play as MK way quicker than a minmax build and since you don't have to bother with going solo, you can just get some decent pawns and make your total damage still insane anyway by using group boosters.

Hm… sounds fair, I might try that. I guess I can't add warrior levels to the build.

Anyway, what kind of pawn should I make? I'll be focusing on melee most of the time, so I don't know if I'll be good teaching a magician pawn.

Here's the video I was talking about. I got the build off of a conversation he had with a random guy in the comments, and they were discussing just that, full STR vs full MAG vs hybrid builds. The guy's channel has some nice content related to MK bossing around in BBI.

I'd say your pawn should be a Strider or Ranger to compensate for the MK's lack of versatility regarding ranged attacks, the Great Cannon does not become OP in BBI until you start getting better weapons.

I see. I guess I should first start farming level 3 cursed weapons for an alternate account, before wipping out my old character in a new save.

Can you import savegames into other accounts if both are from the same console?

Why not play until 200 with yours then use mods to change your stats to be what they'd be at 200 if you had used a specific build?
All the fun, with none of the grind

Oh, I just read it now
My condolences

Yep. I bought the game almost on day 1 and then bought Dark Arisen when it was reduced of price.

I never tried doing that on the PS3, I only play the PC version these days. But here's what some gameFAGs said about it: gamefaqs.com/boards/684236-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/68138697

While I played it on the PS3 I simply made another PSN account to be able to have 2 savefiles. Both were played to hell and back.

I was thinking about importing my save into another PSN account and then feedback back and foward, or at least have my old pawn support my new character.

With 2 PSN accounts on the same console you can still do that anyway. Let's say right now you have account A which has Arisen A1 and pawn A2. Make another PSN account (B) so you get Arisen B1 and pawn B2. You can then friendlist the B account so B1 (which is your alternate character) can hire A2 to help leveling without having to pay RC. You can also send equipment and items that you farmed using A1 by signing in as A1, hiring B2 and then gifting them to B2.

Oh great. Then I can at least have a cheatsy pawn.

I guess I can't send Rift Crystals to another account, right? by hiring my low level pawn with my highlevel character.

Just take your B2 pawn with A1 for 5-6 hours every session and then release it and vice versa. You can't send RC or money directly but you can give the other account lots of RC by doing this. For money just dump unused armors, weapons etc on the B2 pawn as a parting gift so you can sell them with the B account.

Also
It's a low spec game, even a shitty PC can play it smoothly.

I see, and can you equip BBI equipment to friend pawns? I think that is the only restricted item you can't equip.

I know now what I must do.

No you can't. The aneled and gold stuff can't be equipped on rented pawns as well, I think. But they can be gifted if still in cursed form.

What's the best vocation and why is it Sorcerer? What's the worst vocation and why is it Mage?

I see… one last question, can I set some phoney accounts with made-up email accounts in a ps3? does it need email verification to make new accounts?

It needs verification.

Sorcerer is a walking nuke dispenser.

I don't think so. My alt PSN account was created using a throwaway email address I had, and I had to verify it. On Steam it is made way easier by the family sharing feature so you can have up to 6 accounts. For the PS3 just use one of your troll accounts or something.

And a Mage is a walking blowjob dispenser

No, sure they're high res but they blend together in the environment very poorly. Like with the default ones at a distance it is somewhat hard to tell what grass is the flat texture and which one is the model, but with the mod it is very obvious.

b-b-but… I thought it would be a cute idea

Lolis are the meme killing DDDA, keep your chinese girl cartoon escapist fantasies out of my radical high fantasy action games.

So did literally everyone else.

I'm aware of this now. What kind of pawn should I make?

Old granny.

Something fitting to their class and the world. Sorcerors are old men with white beards, assassins are dark-skinned women, warriors look like Guts, mages are sluts

Your character isn't really ill-fitting but it's so damn common it's obnoxious

hard mode is garbage. you die in one hit. not hard, tedious.

Then don't get hit, hard mode is so that you don't overpower everything by NG+ onwards

My ranger pawn is a max height guy who looks a bit like Big Boss and wears the armor set Barroch wears, is this acceptable? :^)

My current favorite sorcerer pawn is made by someone named YourPawnWaifu. But it looks nowhere like a loli though, just a bit like a Nipponese woman.

If you wear fashion armor instead of one with good stats you still die in one hit from Grigori's fire breath at level 140+. Hard mode is quite tedious yes, but it's more because the combat is so chaotic in DD, with enemy attack patterns being so unpredictable.

Missed an opportunity to make a Quiet ranger pawn

See if it's in the pawn sheet in the OP, maybe somebody here made their waifu

If you have one of the classes that can dodge, Instant Reset, or perfect block you don't have a lot of excuse for taking damage in the first place, but yeah, you'll get one-shot all the way up to the higher levels whether it's Hard mode or not, especially by a lot of things on BBI. Probably why they borrowed the resurrection stones idea from DMC, couldn't do anything about the level scaling under the deadline.

There are way too few old pawns, I made 2 and I've only ever seen like 3 others in the hundreds of hours I've spent in the game (and the 3 were all old dudes). There is a severe problem with diversity and equal representation (heh) here so you should combat the loliarchy by making a geriatric pawn.

Or you could just do whatever you want because at this point noone will care about your pawn. The only ones that ever get hired now with any consistency are in the top 1000, though that might change if there's another big sale or they announce a sequel.

If you're afraid of not having enough RC you can farm the Cursed Dragon in Duskmoon Tower. It can be done both pre-Daimon and post-Daimon. As a bonus the Cursed Dragon has a much better chance of DFing your gear.

A bit of a warning to those new to BBI. There is a notice board quest, In Aid of the Emerald King IV, which is stupidly located in the Warrior's Respite area (implying mid progress through BBI), but requires Gransys to be normal (pre-Grigori) to complete, since you have to go to the first form of Everfall to complete it. If you've already beaten BBI then it won't really matter since the reward is a tier 2 armor, but for those going in at level 1 and wanting to be a completionist it's quite a headache.

My graphics card has been half-dead for a few months and I haven't been able to play DD.

Have any notable mods come out since release besides the Nipponese voices and altered level up stats for hybrid classes?

Yes, the dinput8 mod in the OP is easily the biggest gameplay mod so far. 2/3 of it's features are mostly for cheating, but you can do cool stuff like equip weapons, skills, and armor sets that aren't available for your vocation which lets you mix and match. I personally really like to go mystic knight with invisible shield mod + warrior.

>Post yer pawn here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-n50bJM4l1R-OtlqlMjXveGUAUrPutCU5cR8b_fxYCY/edit#gid=0

I'm not playing the game anymore (for now). Is the spreadsheet alright or is there some wacky stuff that needs to be fixed?

Definitely you have to make it past the castle errands quest before the game gets good, but rest assured, it gets absolutely amazing. I think the final battle was the greatest fight in videogames ever.

About how far into the game is the dragon killing mission? The game makes it seem like it's the end. Minus the dark isle.

Which dragon? The big one that takes your heart at the beginning?

Yeah that one, I'm at that part and kinda lost interest because i thought it was the end…. I have a problem were I rarely finish games

It's not the end, if you continue to the true Everfall and Bitterblack Isle it's about the halfway point.

I'd say it's about 2/3rds out of the base game. But with BBI aka Bitterblack Isle it's more like half.

Well now that the great gamble has seen a sale of more than 2 million units for all systems, maybe they should consider making a full edition. The story could be the same for all I care, they only need to put in everything they conceptualized into the game.

Ignoring all that, what kind of faggot doesn't go for endgame content

Not just that but stick to it when it starts to feel slow, then shit really picks up and you get completely invested in it.

I think it's pretty good, no complaints here. If you really wanted to add other things perhaps a dedicated feedback section and a space for augments.

I love this game but I really hate the Grigori fight. It was fun the first time and the one part still gets me (you know the section I'm talking about), but his moveset is pretty annoying and it's really frustrating where they put his heart since there isn't a way to grab upwards. I wish he was like the Ur Dragon and had hearts everywhere to encourage you to use the cool climbing system on the biggest boss in the game.

Here's the bradygames guide scanned into PDF, it has maps of all the areas excluding bitterblack isle.

Some of the loot tables might be a bit off because of changes between the base game and dark arisen.

docs.google.com/uc?id=0B9ShI44SDFoARTBsMnpGV3prT3c&export=download

REEEEEEEEE

Anyone have the digital artbook that was exclusive to the Steam preorderfags? I actually have a physical copy of the Nipponese edition but I can't into moonrunes

Skidrow used to have it but all the links are dead.

Nah, I got the CODEX release that didn't come with the artbook.

I like how the armor designs in DD are pseudo-realistic like what 15th century armorers would actually make (but not most of the weapons, which still look cool but ridiculous). They also look functional as fuck, indicating that some überautist-tier research was done by the development team. I personally dislike the MMO or animu style high fantasy armors which were always more about aesthetics rather than function. Ironically in DDDA mixing and matching armor pieces to make your characters look great is a legit pastime.

Not really. They clearly copied something else, maybe Berserk, without understanding the underlying principles. It's fine for what it is.

I've decided DD DA is my favorite game of all time. If they ever shut down the servers, that might be enough to change that opinion. Wouldn't be the same without the pawns lovingly crafted by other people.

I doubt you're here, but if you were the user who had a male pawn named Gestalt who was a ranger and stopped playing when he became a fighter, please play again. He was the most useful party member I've had.

I guess I can't argue with those dubs.
The Berserk homage (which itself was said to be based on the War of the Roses period?) in DDDA is obvious, yes. Any examples of what you think as the DDDA designers missing the point? I'm not an armorfag but I'm starting to get interested in it.

I doubt they would just shut down the servers, they probably cost them little to nothing. It is not like it is real multiplayer.

Do people not know that they can give nothing or are they just being cheeky?

Who are you to complain about free stuff? Personally, I always give gifts but I usually stick to thing that can be used, like kept golden eggs or cloudwine.

He's trying to tell you something with the gifts
I can only deduce that your pawn gave a giant fishy smelling vagina just the tip before leaving some sour cream on her green bush.

Four different gifts from four different people.

Give nuts of varying sizes to signify how each rented pawn gave you relief.

You can turn it into potent greenwarish through crafting so I wouldn't say it's useless
it's useless
These fuckers are super rare, you should be grateful!
They're more potent than regular beast steak, unless that one is rotten in which case it is also useless.

If people give you shitty gifts then it sends more of a message than nothing.

I got you fam(s) In about 1 hour when it is done uploading

Well it uploaded faster than I thought, here is the artbook fresh from my steam folder
mega.nz/#!VwUjTRYL!uh2pJ-4Oj0Q_WTc7KLE9nEMv7FC72fatnUIQscSrWUc

Thanks user for your efforts. Wow that artbook is so crisp in digital version. The translated comments from the art team is very interesting.

Nah fam, looking at the artbook they mention doing research into era-appropriate medieval styles, for clothing as well as armor,
though there's still a bit of a mashup.

I have so many games installed that I had planned to play but I just want to play Dragon's Dogma again

Holy shit

Why? Unoriginal?

The final golem design still has the faces, but most of the places you fight them have bad lighting. The eyeholes are still there.

Very unoriginal, not to mention normalfags have a mob lynch mentality towards suspected paedos.

Also, goblins in this setting reproduce by..

The oldest goblins gather and turn into a tree, which is supposedly watered by human blood. New goblins spawn in the roots.

Pretty interesting.

Really? I fought that one in broad daylight out on the western end of the map and didn't notice.

Didn't figure they fucked or anything

Alright niggers, who's your favorite Boss to fight or just aesthetically? Minus points if you say Death, too edgy.

Is anyone suppose to give a fuck?

They'll downrate your pawn and send you garbage. If then you have no fucks to give, then so be it.

Is that a new thing to PC? I've had a loli pawn on PS3 since release and have never received a low rating.

Its a PC thing, ye.

Chimera, though I would say Griffin if it was more clear where the hitbox is for its lightning attacks.

Well fuck it, I'm making a loli pawn on PC then.

I'd rent your pawn as long as the outfit matches.

I wish my Arisen was real so I could massage her thighs after a long day of fighting monsters.

Don't do it, fam. Waifuism is a dark, dark path where you abandon all hope of leading a normal life.

But what if she's sore

Every boss and enemy design is really commendable with how well they captured the spirit of classic high fantasy and managed to distinguish every creatures' character. Griffins are noble and ferocious, cockatrices are wild and feral, ogres are mischievous and playful, cyclops are brash and stupid, every one is different.

Fuck yourself son, Death's design is great.

Best fight in the game is with the firedrake and frostwyrm on Bitterblack

Never liked Chimera myself, dunno why, maybe because its the first enemy in the prologue. I didnt even know you could hit the gryphon lightning, i just like beating the shit out of it in the air while it flies around And make it crash in fire

They really are varied, and well thought out. Even the cyclops and golems have nice mechanics to them.
Ah, I see you like suffering
Edgy little thing are you?

Death's design is as plain and understated as anything else in the game, especially compared to other spectres of death in other games.

You haven't fought a Griffin until you've fought it using Immolation

I do

One time I fought the Archydra in the Everfall with just me and my support Mage pawn, as my hired pawns both died like morons right at the beginning of the fight and I couldn't pick them up in time. I didn't have a wakestone or many healing items either, so we were scraping through the battle by the skin of our teeth. It took over half an hour to finally defeat the damn thing. It's a fight I'll never forget.

I don't mean hitting the lightning, I mean getting hit by it. There aren't very clear borders for where you get damaged by it and before it gets unleashed there is no way to tell how close to him it will be, only the direction from where he's facing. This wouldn't be such a huge deal if the rest of the attacks of the griffin and most non-Dragon enemies weren't so well balanced. This game makes it clear that Crapcom has a lot of experience making good action games. If you look at the souls games for example most of the encounters rely on the fact that the player can use invincibility frames or block to avoid damage while you can reasonably never take damage in DD merely by having good positioning, enemy knowledge, and timing.

Favorite boss aesthetics is Grigori. For some reason his design just clicks, he looks like a generic fantasy dragon but perhaps it's his mannerisms and the fact that you know he was also an arisen that make him such a great character. But he becomes a pushover even in hard mode.
Mechanically it's the two firedrakes in Everfall or just the whole Fallen City the second time onwards. Living armors in hard mode are a close second especially if you are an MK, because they are perfect for training the MK's "perfect block to trigger cannon" tactic.

Thats where you're wrong. In the artbook, the artists repeatedly mention that they were looking for a fantasy realist aesthetic, that is, they wanted to portray typically fantastic creatures as realistically as possible, like what Muira did, and its shows in that they tried to make the dragon look more like a living creature than a romanticized fantasy dragon.

There are no female goblins. It's unfortunate that these things don't really get shown in the game.
The ogres also have a backstory, they were designed as a race of giants (the giants in DD were supposed to be intelligent) who got cursed by the gods.
The cyclops design also incorporates the possibility that the original myth was linked to ancient discovery of dwarf elephant fossils, so its design was elephantine.

It all shows how much work they were willing to put into researching and planning each design before the concept drawings were even put up, all in order to ace that "fantasy realist" aesthetic, and I think they nailed it.

Fair point, if you can name another dragon in gaming with a muscular structure that realistic I'll delete my Lv. 200 save file

Fucking neat

I agree his more simplistic design is much better than the shitty remakes and overly convoluted designs. I also like how he's introduced, rather unceremoniously, despite his actualy strength. Still though, edgy. Even if hes a badass.

I usually just use my fire daggers. Was hard enough to find before giving the blacksmith the damn gold idol. I made sure to make good use of em. I love how they made magickal weapons actually mean something in the game, unlike other games where theyre a dime a dozen.

Ouch. Musta been an experience though. Those are definitely the moments that stay with you, Definitely a git gud proving moment.
I bet.

Ohhhh, I thought you meant the gryphon had a sac, or something you can hit to disable lightning, like the chimeras goat head. Im guessing you played a ranged class user?

If you played other nip roguelikes, if you linger too long on a level a monster to chase you out appears, usually in the form of the grim reaper(death.) Both terrifying, but also a little mundane. That's the feeling I got from death's appearance on BBI.

Immolation is good against gryphons because you can just latch on and burn them, usually when you grab a gryphon they flail around so much you rarely get an opportunity to even use your weapons.

Not the same though when it comes to immolation. It feels more erpic, and real when you're struggling to get the hits in while your mages throw magicka at the bastard, and your archers slinging arrow, all while you're clinging and trying for that foothold to throw in some stabs.

Helps that he shows up so mundanely too. I like his entrance tbh.

You can still use your other attacks while you're on fire, it's essentially just a buff to anything weak to fire. You can take down a cursed dragon at one health bar per second if you're latched on to it's heart.

Also helps that he will kill everything in the room before he gets to you, so you know he's doing his job. I've seen him take out ten corrupted pawns, three garms and two condemned gorecyclops

*its

I wish, most of the time my pawns are just running around in circles. if the mages get the mood to cast something, they stop and jump whenever something so much as gestures in their direction. While a gryphon flails around they seem to get it in their minds that they're under attack and they need to dodge the danger.

I play em all, got 4 accounts so I can use every playstyle and make lots of pawns.

You're correct that the problem is mainly on ranged characters though since melee characters would better spend their time grabbing onto the beast, though I spend my time on the Mystic Warrior charging up Arc of Deliverance on the ground since it feels so damn satisfying to slam it out of the air Mystic Warrior means I use a magic shield and a longsword at the same time with the dinput mod in the OP. Note that the animations on the shield will look wonky when you use the sword so I have a mod that just makes magic shields invisible which looks way cooler.

I finished dragon's dogma a long time ago, and just got it on PC along with dark arisen. How much better is it with dark arisen and which class should I pick?

Pick something that you didn't do last time (other than mage). If you're feeling creative, get the dinput8 mod in the OP and mix and match your own class.

Also Dark Arisen is pretty good, it is an expansion that adds a big ass dungeon meant for the late game and I think it was responsible for adding the hybrid classes (at least I don't think those were in vanilla, I didn't play much on the consolo).

Mystic knight or Magick archer. If you aren't able to do both types of damage you'll get your shit pushed on BBI.

Damn. No wonder there are so many self immolation comics around for DDDA.
Good point. Death is the true MVP of Bitterblack Isle. If only you could get him as a pawn temporarily as an easter egg. Might be fun, unless he instantly reaps you.

Could be your pawns inclinations are shit. If hes nexus, you know its real bad. Generally for dps, you want them to be Scather and Challenger, as they'll go for the strongest opponent and go all out. It's also good to look for other players pawns with these traits.

Do you mean Magic KNight? Cause those fuckers can be scary as all hell. I know theres a webm floating around about 1 shotting bosses in bitterblack isle after popping some buffs and using some charms.
Why not just try New Game+?

Whatever class you like most user. It's a long game, gotta make sure you like what you're playing. Personally I think the funnest are the grapplers, as its so interactive and fast paced.

No I means that's what I call the custom class I made with the mod.
Then I can't share pawns with myself, have different stat builds, or play through the game again with the original difficulty curve (NG+ is a cakewalk with the items and stats you have at that point, even in hard mode).

Mystic Warrior is a warrior with magic greatshields equipped to use MK secondary skills.

Ahhh ok, Didnt know that. I figured it was just the Magick KNight. How is Mystic Warrior?

Because its the warrior using longswords and greathammers, but also the MK's greatshield.

Super fun because it solves the long requested "6 skill warrior" and makes it viable to solo since the shield gives you defensive capabilities and buffs give you magic damage to deal with enemies that resist physical (like ghosts).

This sounds like it can quickly become horribly OP. Especially with Arc of Deliverance. Like Guts level stuff.

I get the feeling this is like one of those specs where you can one man the whole game?

Absolutely, you can deal with enemies that require both magic and physical like the Living Armors, you can defend yourself by blocking, and you can even keep yourself healed with some holy buffs on the magic shield. It isn't really even overpowered either since normally the Warrior is pretty shit in late game while the MK is only powerful because of the main weapon skills, but when you combine these two weak elements you are pretty balanced.

Why did your original post about the mystic warrior get deleted? I didn't see anything wrong with it. Btw is that you jonggonzalez?

Almost finished autistically reading the artbook, and I guess the majority of people would have guessed this after picking up the masks from killing the online Ur Dragon, but the design brief for the masks and unused mural art (some can still be seen in the "history book" scene after the true ending) implies that every dragon killing hero in worldwide legends (Siegfried, Beowulf, Apollo, St. George and even that cyka blyat Dobrynya Nikitych) is an Arisen. It was also meant to give you a sense that dragon attacks have happened multiple times throughout history and in multiple places, and all of them are part of the Eternal Ring. It is also kind of cool that the Drafonforged looks a lot like a Roman or Greek guy from the antiquity age, although him still dying after you kill Grigori kind of ruins the "millenia old" image he's supposed to give.

How so? Him turning into dust is perfectly indicative of his ancient age.

It means he also fought against the very same Grigori we faced and lost or escaped, which is the main "evidence" lorefags use to craft autistic theories about how Savan is even older than him, while there is nothing about Savan that indicates him as being from a very ancient time. I find the theory about the Dragonforged being the guy who originally ruled the kingdom, or at least a citizen of, around the tainted mountain much more possible.

Pretty sure ever since Savan became arisen, time has been in a loop, ending with either the death of the dragon or the destruction of all Gransys. And its like this until a new Seneschal is chosen. That means in Savan's time, the same Dragonforged was also there, the duke might also have been the same one given the heraldry of the duke's soldiers doesn't change.

The only people that change in each loop are which poor soul must act as the dragon, which brave soul must rise as then-Arisen, and which Seneschal is currently seated. The story is based around the idea that each storyline is a loop, that everything before and everyone else in the story is just an accessory that doesn't change. They're basically just part of the environment. In a meta-sense, that's what videogame worlds and all the NPCs in it are like to us.

That is also a reasonable train of thought, especially since you tie it to the game mechanics. A lot of things about the lore do feel like in-universe explanations about the game itself.
Savan could also be from another world of the same timeline, just like how we can face another player's Arisen and pawn in the final battle. It also fits the "eternal ring" theme since Savan was the very first character we got to play as, and ended up as the final boss. And if you play offline you just get to fight the last incarnation of yourself - which I think implies that Savan is the very first arisen of our timeline.

The 'loop' being exactly the same every time(like the world starting over from the beginning and then progressing in exactly the same way every time) seems more like a convenience to rope in NG+ than the actual way the universe works

Consider this; when you become the seneschal, it usually ends with you cheating the system and /godsbane self NG+ and you in it may be an anomaly as far as the game universe is concerned.

Yeah, it turns out that there is someone more powerful than the most powerful being in the game aka the Seneschal: the player, who has the option of suicide, turn off the game and thus get out of the ring. That's meta as fuck.

It didn't, just used 3 carots which disables the link for posts

And no I am not that person

Well on one hand, doing that might be a unique thing that actually resets the universe, and it's just that nobody else ever does it
But on the other hand, you're still the seneschal in NG+, which, all else remaining the same, should change something

Savan, like the NG+ player Seneschal, pulls the Godsbane out of his own chest so the player can use it to kill him. His pawn also shows no sign of sentience. Only a replacement can kill the old Seneschal, using the Godsbane only solidifies your new role by sending your pawn to live out "your" human life. You do not end the cycle. I'm surprised that, four years later, people still haven't figured this out.

This fucking sucks.

B-b-but user the loading screen text right after that suicide/soul swap indicates that the Arisen is well and truly dead now
I just wish Ca$hcom would do a DD2 to expand on that shit.

So I decided to try out DDON again, this time give it my all in terms of trying to hit endgame

I got bored and figured I might as well try if I could get the vpn bypass working to get as little latency as possible. Couple it with the current translations and it worked fairly well.

With the Season 2 update they added a new mechanic to boss fights, an extra meter that appears when a boss enters rage mode. Attack the boss while its angry and the meter fills. Fill it completely and the boss loses half of its rage and the bar turns blue for a few moments, meaning attacks decrease the rage bar faster, humping even moreso. This makes it so that characters like hunters and sorcerers can actually contribute to the fight while bosses are booty bothered.

They increased the everloving shit out of the main quest's XP, Gold, and R rewards, to the point where you may have to do a grand total of two sidequests just to gain a level and continue on with it. The only other exception are when Area Rank is required to progress the story. They gutted a few missions out from the looks of it, so you will only have to do that a few times. Gearing up becomes a necessity, due to the fact that you level up so quickly, you quickly enter missions that are well above your gear's level, and stat gains are fairly minimal. BO farming is a thing, but really only once you've really reached level 50+

The Season 2 content features a new island somewhat reminiscent of BBI in terms of the enemies and maneaters found in it. Here enemies are inflicted with some sort of infection, or corruption. Bosses no longer have rage modes but instead have large branches spawning from their bodies. Deal enough damage to the branch/monster and they fall over. I found these fights to be much more like DDDA if it weren't for the fact that you can get afflicted with this corruption as well. It seems to act somewhat like petrification, where you gradually get slower and slower. However, it can be removed if you let your pawns/party get it off of you. Just stand still and they walk up and interact as if you were KO'd, do a recovery animation that takes a few seconds, and it's gone. It doesn't stack that quickly unless you're literally on the monster practically inhaling the stuff.

It seems to be that endgame so far is trying to get access to some Extreme Missions, which are relegated only to plays with an item level of 22 or higher. Main quest gear will only take you to item level 11. This is the point where things are starting to grind to a halt because grinding is exactly what it is. Without at least one party member that can shred everything gearing up is becoming more of a problem than expected. I suspect I'll have to at least craft a level 62 sword, then a 65 one, then go for the item level 25 gear before endgame really starts. It's going to take a while before I reach that point because certain items needed that are only given by the new island's Area Master. Once a week, one at a time.

I don't expect anyone here to give the MMO another chance but I actually had fun with it when I had a friend to coop the main quest with, and I figured I'd blogpost my experience with it again.

MFW consoles

If that were the case, NG+ wouldn't work the way it does, and if all it took for a Seneschal to be freed was to suicide, then they'd have all done it long before a replacement could arrive. Once you kill the old one, you're stuck there until some other fucker comes along and proves their worth. For the being closest to godhood, the Seneschal doesn't have much reason to exist beyond ensuring that these people with the power to attain godhood remain stuck in endless cycles of death and rebirth.

I know I know, the ps3 is 10 years old, I've had a lot of time to learn since then.

Also if you're not going to help I'd prefer if you didn't reply at all tbh

You want help? There's a sale on Humble at the moment or just pirate the fucking thing. Besides, PS3's have been cracked for years so either mod it or move on.

The godsbane you use to kill the senschal is created by him, then and there. The godsbane you use to kill yourself is given to you by the dragon, with no fanfare or explanation. This suggests that it was a last minute addition and that even the ending itself is unfinished.

I just watched the cutscene again and its certainly plausible that the godsbane sword that savan produces comes from the wound he put on himself from the godsbane dagger, but its not the only conclusion.

They're releasing 2.1 in like two weeks, so there's no point in really grinding for endgame stuff yet

They're also releasing the new spirit lancer vocation. Do we know what they're doing in terms of quickening the grind?

I just wish there was a fast way to level up the other vocations as well. I feel like I'm stuck as the one I did the MQ on, not that I hate warrior but I'd love to squeeze in more time as alchemist as well.

I thought that wasn't until later
Eh, too damn grindy to level another vocation anyway
Same thing as always, releasing more story missions to get you closer to the level cap
And possibly even increasing the level cap to get you farther from it

And trust me, alchemist is cool but it wears off quick, half the skills are worthless and one of the few good ones is one of those endgame skills that requires you to farm blood orbs to unlock

I just want to dance around monster's attacks while shitting CC on it. It strengthens my boner to the extreme when I get to pull off cuhrayzee shit like that.

The BO farm's not bad if you can get a good party to run through the island, in my experience. can easily rack up several thousand in one hour if you can find one.

Then pirate it nigger

or you could buy it on GMG which gives Valve none of your shekels and sends Crapcom a message that they should make DD2

Shit I'm still new to this game, I've got some 50 levels split between Ranger/Warrior/Strider/Fighter/Assassin. I've only tried the Mystic hybrids up to rank 4, are they really that necessary to play?

You can scrape by if you got competent pawns and by using magic items, such as the Surging Light Tome. You don't have to be a hybrid magic vocation, but you should spend a few levels as a blue vocation so your magic power is good enough to use enchanted weapons on physically resistant enemies, of which there are many.

What are enchanted weapons? I've only seen stuff like Edan's Warden, Scalding Daggers and Cadbolg which have good physical and magic damage.

Those are enchanted weapons.

I didn't know if enchanted implied anything else beyond just being an elemental weapon. I might give some levels to sorcerer, MK/A then if having some magic attack is good

I normally gift portal crystals or heartstones because of the cash value.

Elemental weapons do both kinds of damage but they scale off of your own STR & MATK stats. So putting in a few levelups as Sorcerer is a good idea, at least to get your vocation rank to 9 so you can get the two best magic user augments: Acuity & Articulacy. Minmaxing as in playing one vocation only for the whole game is not even that great in endgame or BBI, what matters most is versatility as in being able to do both sufficient physical and magic damage and reach enemy weak points yourself. I always lol hard when reading normalfag Sorcerer or Magick Archer players whine about the Metal Golem for example, not to mention Death.

In BBI you get loads of Sour Ambrosial Meat and Airtight Flasks. Combine the two to make Kept Sour Ambrosial Meat, which is also a good idea for gifts.

But why? I must bring the light of this game's joy to everybody. Everybody must play it and love it, and if they don't, they're living wrong.

The return of regular DD generals has also led to the return of regular anti-DD shitposting

I understand you want to spread the gospel but please also understand that not everyone can appreciate the game's high quality

Well, I played 52 levels of the physical classes, might do the rest till 100 as some of the blue ones for magic. Should I be making my pawn get some blue too? And should I also make my pawn a chick because he doesn't seem to get many rents, I'd post a picture for his fashion but since I installed the watermark removal mod I can't locate where the game is saving screen shots now.

I always do kept golden eggs and I just clone them at the black cat (5k gold each).

They aren't, unless you're soloing. Just bring a pawn that does the kind of damage you don't do.

>>>/vg/

I usually don't argue with trips but you're board a shit. There's very little cancer so far aside from your own shitpost and this faggot LARPing as a DDfag from Tumblr.

Remember anons, dont kill Saurians. Theyre actually just tribal animals defending their homes!

I gift ferrystones. Usually with some dickish comment about teleporting to a cliff to thrown their pawn off. I still give 5 stars across the board tho.

If you like halfchans model more, why not go to halfchan user?

Splitting Holla Forums into /vp/ and /vr/ and /vg/ was one of the things that drove vidya discussion out the door back on 4chan, no

They're deadbeats who lie in the sun all day, fuck em

Not to mention were not very big as it is and breaking the board apart even more would do nothing but slow down discussion even more.

Theyre supporting their families and restful and happy. Nothing wrong with that. Only problem is we come along and murder them all for nothing.

I don't think anybody regularly posts outside of the legacy name boards anyways. Even /a/ takes at minimum some weeks for threads to die out, anything less popular than /a/ shows threads living for a year or more.

Degenerate NEETs should be killed off.

Which is a shame tbh. It'd be nice if a lot of the smaller boards like /a/, Holla Forums, and /x/ got traffic.

They get what they deserve.

user, how could you?

m8, the tails will just grow back.

I think they just need less autistic volunteers. /a/'s BO is a chill dude but the volunteers he got are a bit too involved in enforcing no fun rules, plus /a/ is just a hotbed for LNfags spoiling anything airing so a lot of people just opt to not even bothering reading/posting in currently airing threads. Personally I prefer endchan/pol/ over ours.

Yeah, but still. Its like you cut his dick off, after you invaded his home. And now it has to grow back. Thats even if he lives. All the girl saurians laughing at him now and shit.
Isnt /a/'s BO a trap or tranny or something?

And his dick grows back. The girl saurians couldn't laugh because they all run away and let their dicks grow back before going home.

I don't know the specifics of /a/'s BO, just that they larp as anime maids.

So losing your tail as a Saurian means you get NTR'd?
Ah, like OnlyAfro.

Well, do the females lost interest once the tail is gone and regrowing?

THE WIND IS PUSHING ME

I don't know a whole lot about /a/ other than that they think the absence of recommendation threads makes it the best board in the world

How would you even tell if a saurian is female or not? Maybe the white spellcasting saurians are women, mages are sluts

Y-yes?

What if Saurians become females when you cut off their tails?

The alchemist's built-in dodge move doesn't have i-frames, and the CC isn't that good
You only have three real avenues for attack, permanently affixing yourself to a boss and giving them gold plated herpes, using your basic attack which is slow and does meh damage, or using a skill which does pretty good damage and launches smaller enemies, but is easily interruptible by any attack and requires you to set up your magic trampoline and continuously jump up and down like a retard, allowing for no dodging or lateral movement of any kind

The best actual crowd control it probably has is a disco ball structure you can place that staggers nearby enemies when you hit it, but it blows, both figuratively and literally

Do the game's servers notice when I or my pawn use an item that was modded in? Farming Daimon 2.0 or Godsbaning in front of certain BBI chests to get Armor Lv. 3 etc gets boring after 10 runs. Especially when trying to get a specific bonus enhancement on the armor pieces.

Oh shit, you might be right. They could be Aesexual. So when they lose their tails, theyre demoted and forced to become the bottom and carry/lay the eggs. It's like being tortured with rape and pregnancy if they lose.

gosh

G-guys, this isnt a good thing!

Reported and filtered.

Ethology is an important part of Dragons Dogma user.

It's not lewd!

Alchs are built for kiting and well-timed strikes, not crowd control. (Plus you never really need to deal with a huge crowd unless on a GM.) Their dodge actually cancels out of recovery animations, so its more useful than you think.

Alchs are better than you think and can become invincible almost on demand if a Priest is in the party and shit out herpe bombs once you master the timing to their heavy attack. They just aren't DPS. They're highly mobile offensive support.

TIL they also get triggered by posts making fun of Muslims. >>>/a/543536

The only important values of mobs in games like DD is the XP award and loot drops. Everything else is just window dressing.

That's still pretty awful, compared to most other classes at least

Also, I just found out that all of the prerendered cutscenes are loose files in the game's folder, but none of them have any sound
What a dick move

Does DDO actually expand on the original game's lore or is it just a game meant as a franchise killer like DD Quest was? I heard that support for that game didn't even last a year.

The world is different from the original game's, and parts of it seem interesting on the surface
Anything beyond that I would have no idea about since the fan translation doesn't actually translate anything other than menus, names, and quest objectives, and I can't read moon runes

Franchise killer, it's on life support and basically ruined a lot of what made DD interesting in favor of a generic MMO experience

Is there any particular reason there's no mod that gives Warrior the ability to have 6 skills?

d8input.dll does that and more. I've not tried to give warrior six skills, but it'd allow that as far as I know.

Then I'm very surprised a mod hasn't made that does that yet then. I assumed it was because it wasn't possible.

If you put six abilities on your warrior pawn, it becomes invalid for sharing.

I wanted it for myself, not a pawn.

Have you guys ever seen decent Lv200 Sorcerer and Warrior pawns? The search system is crap, it only shows the most popular ones who got a lot of hires recently, while for all we know those are forum players circlejerking with their overrated pawns. I tried lots of different level 200 sorcerer and warrior pawns and got disappointed by all of them to the point that I re-hired my two favorites who are level 180+.

Then use the dinput8.dll mod I don't see the problem.

If a mod enabled you to put six skills on warriors in a more integrated way, it'd become a noob trap for getting your pawn blacklisted.

Anyone know where to find bandit stalkers in a chest? I could have sworn it was in the witchwood.

What the fuck. I want my hype back.

Yeah, daimon is ezpz
Now do it again and you'll have the exact opposite problem

He is easy even on hard. But you still die in very few shots if you're not careful. Doing farming runs up to his crib also means having to run through Forgotten Hall and Bloodless Stockade and hard mode makes these fuckers not comfy at all to fight.
I've been playing on hard with whatever gear I got my hands on aka playing normally like a newfag but I've been considering switching to normal to make Lv.3 BBI stuff farming quicker, since there are some chests in the Fallen City that just are impossible to godsbane in front of unless you clear the enemies first, and the enemies in Fallen City are the greatest challenge the game can offer even for a level 200 like me. However it's a bit of a hassle that once you do that, you have to start another new game to get back to hard mode.

Planning to start another playthrough today, anything I should know about the ranged classes? I was figuring on starting with Ranger and moving forward to Assassin

Bow play is pretty great and rangers shit fury all over everything.

I'm not going to be disadvantaged without a magick option? I was planning to make my pawn a Ranger / Strider also to see if pawn training is really a thing, I mostly played solo prior to this. After all the time spent playing as a Sorcerer / Mystic Knight / Magick Archer I don't know if I can go back to dealing plebeian physical damage.

Ranger is better if you only plan to use the bow, but as an assassin you get sweet counter moves for melee.

If you get mage pawns with enchantments, you'll probably be okay.

Looks like I gotta do this

MEME

GAME

As long as I get dodge-rolling and Instant Reset like Magick Archer does, I'll be fine with it

Do it, the game makes a bad first impression on a lot of people

for you

Rangers rape everything outside of BBI, I'd just bring along a pawn to do affinity. BBI can be a pain due to the high defense and power gap at the top tier of bows. I'm in that situation right now and feel forced to either abuse periapts, switch to daggers, or rely on my sorc pawns remembering how to blow everything up.

Top tier b8 nigger.

Tagilus' Miracles and Salomet's Secrets are your friend. As long as you can speedrun to Daimon and speedkill him a few times more than 20 times I mean you should be getting quite a few Weapon Lv. 3s and get Revenant Wail and/or Framae Blades off of them. I do think it's better to do it on normal mode because I'm a scrub and you can clear out rooms much easier thus allowing you to Godsbane in front of more chests, since quite a few of those can drop Weapon Lv. 3s too.

Alright anons, its time! Lets see your Arisen, and your pawnfu, and waifu?

(check'd)
Arisenfu not mine though

I forgot what the hobo phase was like and when a pack of wolves may have actually posed a threat

I miss High Comestion too

Don't worry even when you're level 200 and wear epic armor you will still get BTFO'd by wolf recolors aka Garms.

I don't think so

I still get one shot by these fuckers when I try to face a gang of 3 or 4 melee. It was fun though. So you can actually stack up to 4 cannons with a ruinous sigil? Never tried that before user, I prefer the Burst Strike since it can be used as an escape maneuver in a pinch.

Hey guys, what do you think about Dragons Dogma Online ?

Periapts are pretty much just cheating since they're so overpowered. The only time it's okay to use them is against Death.

IS THERE A MOD TO MAKE UNARMED DAMAGE NOT SUCK DICK YET?

Have you tried the d8input.dll hook?

Skipping down to BBI to get some better gear, might stay a while

Why would you save a picture of a character who isn't yours and looks like gutter trash?

Oh my friend you have no idea

Because I fap to it user.

How do you manage that when its just a headshot?

Fuck

Shit taste fam

That method of killing Death is way too situational though. I've watched that video and analyzed his skill/augment use, and even he himself said it is too autistic to use his build for anything other than that purpose aka showing off that it can be done. First off you need to play as Assassin for 190 levels and if you're going to build up the maximum possible strength that way, then why not just kill Death as an Assassin instead? If you want to farm his drops it is much more efficient to go to Bloodless Stockade or even the Gutter of Misery, where Death has a high chance of spawning without you having to b8 him, as Assassin or Ranger and spam blast arrows + Viagra (Tagilus' Miracle or Conqueror's Periapts). The MK class aka shieldmage is still my favorite class for general play though.

Not everyone likes blondes fam

Sage because I'm close to turning the thread to shit.

He also isn't using the Ruinous Sigil method I mentioned, but essentially if any enemy comes into contact with the sigil and the sigil is overlaid with a Great Cannon, it will continually apply damage frames to the cannon so that the cannon continuously spews out magic bullets. Times four cannons, times four Demon's Periapts, times four Tagilus' Miracles, silverwheat paste, etc.

I want to play a warrior, is that viable all the way through the game? Is mystic knight fun?

ufckin srs m8

Then boy of boy do I got the webm for you!

Mystic Knight is the dragonball Z character. You got to charge up to hit your enemy, and it takes too long, but it hits like a fucking freighttrain.

see

MK is fun because without setting up the battlefield first you get rekt, or at least forced to fight it out melee/spam cannon from a safe spot. But when you get it right you're the one laughing your ass off.

That's dank m80

I wish I could make female characters older. I had an old man wizard as my pawn in the PS3 version so I made my current pawn his also wizard wife but I think she looks too young. She definately sounds too young.

Is there any reason to play as a boy besides sweet shota with Mercedes? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

There is one secret area in Shadow Fort (one of the goblin tunnels) that only a character under 151cm tall can enter. Not sure if that area counts under pawn travel knowledge.

Smaller characters use more stamina but recover it faster and has faster jogging speed (or at least the animation is faster). Sprinting speed is the same for all kinds of physiques though. Smaller characters get over encumbered sooner than big characters.

It is a single-player game. People should just do whatever they want anyway.

That's why at the bottom it says "just play however you want"

I am just saying that arguing about it is just pointless autism.

It's like it never occurred to them that Crapcom designed the game so that whatever kind of "crap" build you make, you still end up being a decent character with the right equipment, and as a bonus can easily challenge yourself, if you want, by intentionally wearing crap gear. Hard mode in this game is overrated since it's more annoying than difficult, those who say they only exclusively play in hard mode are only doing it for bragging rights. Autistic minmaxing doesn't even make your Arisen or pawnfu have better survival ability in hard mode anyway. Well at least those kinds of faggots have the Steam forums, Let's Play channels, Wikia and Tumblr as their containment boards.

THE WIND IS PUSHING ME

I think it's more likely that they just didn't have time to polish the leveling curve before it was pushed out the door

That too.

Well at least it allows us to play however we want and not get screwed over by not being autistic.

I wonder what class mr popo would be.

This is why having a loli pawn is objectively inferior. I just pick up my big ass pawnfu and lug him around. Or throw him at crows to kill them.

When does Assassin get good? I'm at rank 8 and I hope all of the sweet skills are hidden behind rank 9, because it doesn't seem like these counter moves are going to be much good against the condemned gorecyclops on Bitterblack. Pretty neat that they added a lot of augmentations around nighttime combat and poison to go with the vocation, but I think I'm probably going to just switch to Ranger or something once I max out Assassin.

In other news I think pawn training is not actually a meme because my pawn is being useful this time around

Speaking of throwing things, did you know that if you pick up a pig and throw it at one of your pawns, your pawn will catch it and throw it back to you?

MC Torment
MP Alicia Silverstone

Assassin has the jack-of-all-trades thing going on, but is still best with a dagger-bow combo and was the premier solo class because of how OP it was. If you think counters are weak, you're not using them right - Masterful Kill+Instant Reset means you can counter as many attacks as you'd like per second, given your stamina holds up (Liquid Vim helps).

OP? I'm using the best equipment currently available and don't remember being this underpowered on NG on any previous playthrough, Sorcerer was way more OP than this.

Must be a level 9 skill because it's still called Easy Kill now, but I've never seen it work on anything bigger than a human.

Not bad

Masterful Kill works on a Condemned Gorecyclops, Cockatrice, Living Armor, Eliminator and any of the dragonkin from my experience, including the Ur-Dragon. It's a significantly better counter move than the MK's Riposte since you can just activate it and wait for the enemy to hit you.

Guess my timing's just shit then, because I tried Easy Kill against a Griffin and it didn't go well.

Sounds like a more casual :^) counter move if it doesn't need to be timed, but I'll see how it goes tomorrow

Easy Kill needs to be timed while Masterful Kill doesn't. But getting hit by ranged or magic attacks or otherwise getting staggered will still cancel it, so you can't use it against those pesky ghost type enemies (it works on Living Armor in ghost phase though, weirdly enough). It also doesn't work against grab attacks from any monster, kinda like how Street Fighter throws are unblockable. I do feel like a scrub every time I use it since it's much more forgiving than attempting to perfect block (which the Assassin can also do with fighter shields)

Yes, I found this out the other day when I was throwing random critters while walking around. Spent 5 minutes amused as all my pawns started playing catch with a pig.

Wow, apparently failing Lost and Found seals a portion of the game until NG+? There was no indication it would fail in the first place, I think I'm done giving this game a chance

Will I be able to share my pawns if I change her stats using dinput8? I had her be a Sorcerer the whole time, but I'm beginning to wonder if I should have just made her a ranger instead, in terms of fun. I'm also unhappy with just having a pawn who spits out nukes while I have to tank and enjoy fightan monsters.

It's a pretty small sequence of sidequests unless you're trying to romance the goth lolita, chill out

I was just frustrated and wanted to post something inflammatory, I couldn't quit if I wanted to. I dislike the open world wandering but the dungeon diving is incredible and makes up for every other fault I could name

You'll like Bitterblack Isle then, if you're not already there

Fun fact, Itsuno is apparently a huge fan of open world western games like Fable and The Elder Scrolls, but thinks those and most other RPGs have shit combat, which is why he took his years of experience with fighting games and DMC into this game

My pawns were always dicks who never passed back. Now i just throw pawns who dont fight during battle.

Pretty good.

Yes, maybe fallout 4 is more to your taste user.

You will but just make sure they are actual stats. You can be sure by finding the starting values, setting it to those, setting her level to 1, and leveling her up repeatedly as whatever voc you want.

Use this to calculate stats.

stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner

Can't let the general die

Fucking suffering, remember the same thing when fighting as a low-level sorcerer, I hate being at the mercy of the pawns' AI for half the fight. Do Surging Light tomes and other tomes stack with Salomet's Secrets and other magic buffers, or am I just going to have to power through taking off their last four healthbars a few pixels at a time with an enchanted weapon?

Fuck I did not mean to sage

Whatever class I play as I always carry at least 2 weapons of the same type with one being a physical weapon and the other an elemental. If you're like me and like to debilitate enemies to troll them first before smashing their faces in, then you carry even more (Rusted, Aneled, Golden etc). Talking about Living Armors specifically, since you are a Ranger you might want to look for a Dragon's Glaze. It's behind one of the moonbeam gem doors and is a 100% guaranteed drop. Are you playing on hard mode? I no longer bother with it since one of the quick tricks they pulled to make it seem HURRR DURRR HARDDD is to make you more prone to stagger but at the same time give more stagger resistance for enemies, which eliminates one of the biggest advantages of a ranger.

Oh and the damage from Dragon's Glaze and other elemental weapons is increased by both Salomet's Secret and Tagilus' Miracle for maximum over fun .

Dragon's Glaze is what I'm using, I guess I just need to upgrade it further, it isn't even dragonforged yet. Should be a few lesser dragons out in the post-game overworld.

Nah, maybe next time

I don't understand the appeal of playing as Sorcerers.
Most of it is charging a long ass time for the spells and hope you don't get hit. They can provide a spectacle, but I feel like it doesn't pay off. I can see a benefit to making my pawn a sorcerer, but playing as one seems boring as fuck.

Moments like these are why I love this game.

Then try it for yourself, because it really isn't. Only things like High Seism or Maelstrom or the really, really high-level spells take any considerable amount of time to charge, short of that it isn't really a whole lot different to the charge times on any other vocation.

I thought it was pretty disappointing going all the way out there just for it to fall off the ledge

Not that I don't abuse fall damage to make it past the first few Elder Ogres on Bitterblack

Go to the Duskmoon Tower at any time and use a Rancid b8 Meat to get the Cursed Dragon to appear. Or get to the 2nd shortcut (left hand side) then go left to face the Dark Bishop and his Cursed Dragon which has lower health than the normal Cursed Dragon. Bring lots of Blast Arrows to rape them. The Cursed Dragon has a much better chance of DFing stuff.

I always cheese the Living Armor by tricking it into falling over and over. Always.

Rock on m8

None ever played it because of the VPN requirement. Had they tried its multiplayer, they would stop wasting time after the UrD.

I played it before 2.0 came out, I should get back in touch and see what's new. One day.

2.1 is coming out in like 2 days
Though 2.2 will have a new class, so you might want to wait for that

New cap & zone in 2.0, right? Did they add new shops, maybe pvp gear, or it's still crafting only after 40?

The fuck are you saying? We had threads fro some months before they started implementing the VPN blocks.
I'll probably go back to improve nipponese skillz, after i play DDDA in japs.

I'm not a long time player or anything, but I know there's gear in shops up to like 45-50, though that's from relatively old content at this point
And the currently available story missions get you to around 57-59 so there's really not much need to craft anything under 60

man dragon's dogma was good and all but fugggggg i don't have fun playing anything other than ranger and the double dagger mounting guy

I think you're thinking of Assassin.

And generally I agree. Mage/Sorcerer is just too many cooldowns for me, and Warrior for some reason is gimped by only have three skills equippable at once if you use a two-handed weapon.

Apparently Mystic Knight is pretty fantastic, though. You might want to try that one out.

This game is shit and I'm a retard yet again for listening to Holla Forums.

Assuming you're not shitposting, would you mind clarifying what you don't like about it?

You know how you need to fight a chimera in the beginning?
I guess I was supposed to be impressed by the fact that you could climb it, but I didn't care since every swing seemed to completely lack impact or feedback.

I fortunately got it dragonforged while trying to get an azure dragon scale out in the overworld, now it's just farming for Moonshimmer Pelts.

Also holy shit does the Firedrake have high physical defense, I never noticed since I usually do Bitterblack with high-level magick users. Even frost-enchanted arrows don't do much unless it's a Deathly Arrow straight to the heart

He's shitposting

yeah that's why I don't really like mage stuff. I might have to try that out. the first half of the game is just such a slog for me

The topmost shop used to be in Gritten Fort, afterwards you had to craft (raid gear was the cheapest) or luck out at the gacha. I didn't play for the longest time either, I maxed a class and brought the others in the 30s.

Pic related, the hardest motherfucker in both games.

A meaty sound effect, a screen shake, a visible response from the enemy if there's enough damage, a split-second slowdown on impact, blood spray, and force feedback on the controller? Not enough?

That changes when you beef up and equip some bad boy hammer. Actually I'm always saying that DD and MH have the only fights with "weight" to them.

Bruh, play warrior

Anybody got the webm of the dude charging up Arc of Deliverance and smashing the chimera?

Nevermind, found it.

Anyone ever tried comparing Resonant ENB to Ree Fantasy ENB? Which one is more taxing for the hardware? Lighting improvements aren't really worth it in my opinion if it brings down the framerate too much.

The Firedrake is the fighter of the three which is why the Frostwyrm is a spellspammer and squishy just like mage types and the Thunderwyvern barely ever lands making it tough to hit, much like a strider. Firedrake fights are not much fun as melee characters especially if you have to face more than one at the same time, at the BBI arena where this usually happens, I always torpor both first to even out the odds.

Almost everything is new.
New vocations and all are unlocked at the start now. No need to do some hidden quest for them.
4 new skills and 8 new passives for each class and more to come on 2.1 - Said new skills actually being really good too.
The ability to set a secondary skill load out and swap between them at any time after a 5 second animation.
Skills can be leveled to Rank 6 before needing to do a job quest making the powered up variant of skills available right away.
MQs now give shit loads of levels. (Can cheat the game and raise two classes at once by being clever with hand-in rewards on an entirely new character.)
Level cap is currently 65 once 2.1 (Launches tomorrow apparently) hits raising that to either 70 or 75 with one more new class (Spirit Lancer or something like that) and more MQs.
About 6 new areas since launch in total.
EXP ring that doubles exp gain until 45 making the already increased MQ EXP insane.
A sizeable amount of new enemies and the faster EXP gain means there actually seems to be variety, instead of grinding the same few bosses over and over like at launch.
Shops stock gear until level 51 however crafting is also made easier and has no pawn craft level requirement. Also translated materials are easier to buy and find. A few of us are also massive jews sitting on huge mounds of shekels, willing to give you some free Gold as well. Although you shouldnt need it.
Player house content which is lacking and only serves as waifu dressing for your pawn and a way to get some craft experience.
MUCH more storage space. (About triple the amount at launch)
Plus newer "Raid" content and some enjoyable 4-man missions that are stand-outs.
P2W currency can be earned through log-in rewards now allowing for remaking of chars and pawns or instant crafts of high level gear.
The VPN requirement was in from the start and the VPN block that happened towards the end of 1.0 has an easy work around that allowed you to play without remaining connected to VPN after character select screen.
Enrage also has a new "Break gauge" That goes up with damage, allowing players to ignore pulling entirely making fights more enjoyable and enrage phases last much shorter periods of time. Having a party of nothing but DPS is now viable and fun thanks to this too.
Sorc remains OP as all hell as well with proper timing and positioning.

If you ever want in, doing so in a few days will be the best time to do so. Most of us that play will be there to help you catch up and will be playing semi-regularly for about two months at the least.

I like to send "Rock" myself

The one in Bitterblack Isle.

Either that or any drake/faux-dragon/Grigori