What are video games that make you feel invincible but aren't boring either? Can such a game exist?

What are video games that make you feel invincible but aren't boring either? Can such a game exist?

Mount and blade

Morrowind

Came here to post this, Morrowind is all about starting out as a piece of shit who can barely afford bus fare to go on trivial quests and eventually becoming a literal god that is capable of leaping over mountains and smiting any living thing that exists, including but not limited to the other gods in the game. I've played no other game that has that kind of disparity in power.

Prototype

Hotline Miami 1&2

F.E.A.R

Prototype got extremely boring after a while imo

How does F.E.A.R. make you feel invincible?

Once you get the controls and gameplay tight even if not good, SlowMo makes many parts of the game a cakewalk as you mow down most of them with it and clean up the two left unless they are at vantage points or there are special ones.

There are plenty of sections where you do feel invicible and hearing the Replicas scared after you wiped out most of their squad, them screaming "shit" as they spot you and their consequent death screams after you wait 1 minute to refill a part of your SlowMo/Focus bar.

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction?

This, if you get really good is one of the few that's actually challenging
back in the day though, fuckin CRPG mod, holding chokepoints with a 2 hander by yourself against a dozen+ players made you feel like a god

This one

You're immortal, after all, but that is not even an issue, by the contrary, it's an essential part of the plot.

TI's fucking terrible.

MUSOU
You have to run around and stop other people from failing.
Dark Souls if you're hardcore.

You do get OP powers that mow down the enemies but you can still die if you are retarded.

Crysis

apply yourself

crysis warhead *

i just replayed all of the crysis games warhead was just the right amount of fun mixed with sandbox

EYE divine cybermancy

DOOM

Katamari Damacy

nah, that doesnt work

if you feel invicible then the game is too easy therefore its gets boring

the best you can get is a game that keeps pushing your shit and you know that if you fuck up once you are dead

Maybe you're just very good at the game.

okay let's go
fuck you yes it does
it's only boring if you play like an edge lord and have no fun with it.
go away from here, there is nothing here for you.

CoD 2 and Halo 2

doesnt mean the game has to be lenient with you like this turbo casual mangina here thinks

isn't it past your bedtime?

EYE Divine Cybermancy
Crysis series
Syndicate
Prototype
Dark Messiah

Is this pasta? I swear to god I've seen it before.

Kid pls, i still have a few rounds left with your mom. Go get "comfy" with your Halo or something.

Armored Core

Pick one and only one. It's a fun game, but it's also very easy to get your shit kicked in if you stop paying attention for a moment.

Darksiders?

Makes sense to me. Most people who play RPGs never figure out how to break these games.

Wario Land 2 and 3, I suppose?

You just run around as a fat man and bully people to take their money.

Crysis doesn't make you feel like god. It just has an extremely high skill ceiling.

You aren't a random average person though. You've been tasked by Azura to fuck up Resdayn for no real reason. Of course you can use your magic to act godlike, while others are limited to levitating around their towers and enhanced cultivation.

You don't feel invincible until you've won, but when you do…

Fallout New Vegas using a character with explosives weapons.

you are a random person

that's the big "twist" with the nerevarine prophecy: there is no chosen one. Basically Azura just picks people she'd think would do good and you just so happen to pass the trials. But if you had failed, she would have chosen another.

The end parts of Prey were pretty fucking tight regarding this, especially when you get the shuttle and just start wrecking face.

The endgame of Super Metroid, right around when you get the Screw Attack, makes you feel like a total badass for a while.

For a moment that sense of invincibility is taken away when you enter the last area, and there's a lot of suspense there, but you walk out of the final boss even more broken than before. It's such a great way to end a game.

Yakuza games are good at this, specifically Yakuza 3 and 4, even if you play on Hard

No but I've posted something similar on this board at least once and I paraphrased it from a video about Morrowind.

Any beat-em up.

KOTOR II made me realize there's nothing quite so satisfying as being an almighty evil asshole

The God of War games.

What are you, like 13? Maybe when you stop succ the tiddy of your mother you can come up with better insult.

Mark of the Ninja.

Persona Q, most of the time.

Infamous.

Most games that are more about style than substance.

God of War would be an example. Dynasty Warriors.

Only if you go for good morality. For some reason evil morality, despite promising more emphasis on combat ability, manages to be objectively shit for combat and provides far less utility.

I don't think I've ever seen so much underage in one post.