Fixing Pokémon

So, how would you fix Pokémon? I think we can all agree that, while the games are not bad, they have become a bit mechanically stagnant, and sometimes even mechanically shallow. How would you fix Pokémon mechanics to appease to a more hardcore gaming audience, but not necessarily hardcore Pokémon fans?

I will start

discontinue it

who would level a caterpie to 11 lol

Make it yiffy :3

1. Remove critical hits.
2. Give scald a 10% chance to burn.
3. Remove pebbles.
4. Give leech seed, toxic, draco meteor, dragon tail, and leaf storm 100% accuracy
5. Make hail power up ice moves

Wait for Pokemon Sage to come out.

Change anything about the standard "Young lad goes out and befriends monsters to take down evil organization and beat league" plot. Have a game where start as a gym leader and have to build up your rank or something, maybe make the big bad one of the more intelligent pokemon.

Also don't introduce a gimmick for a single gen and then immediately toss it

OH FUCK I JUST REALIZED
POKEMON SAGE WILL PROBABLY GET DMCA'D

Almost forgot
Seriously, other than state-inducing attacks, they are good for nothing if you can shrug it off by changing your Pokémon, which happens around five times between attacks in Smogonfag tournaments.

Also, as an addition:

Kill yourself.

Grow the fuck up.
lol no
Get fucking good.
Grow up.
Consider suicide.

Ice should be 2x to Water and resist it (never mind Dragon and Grass). Make hail damage Water but Ice take damage in sun. Buff Grass by making it heal in sun. Also no freezing Fire and no burning Ice.
Just turn them into REAL evolutions.

By pretending everything after gen 2 doesn't exist.

Crystal was the last game.
There are 251 Pokémon, from Bulbasaur to Celebi.

I agree with most of your ideas, but I think it's too soon to call for dropping Z-Moves when we haven't even tried them in an actual battle. Sure, everything seems to point out that they are indeed a poorly thought one-shot gimmick, but hey, maybe they do change the way the game plays in a positive manner. Anyway, it's too soon to judge them.

What are you, hetero?

What about fixed crits? As in, having to build up a crit bar (each attack has a different crit addition ratio, and Scope Lens just boosts these amounts by a certain percentage) to have your next attack become a crit.

C'mon mate.

If combos had appeared the first time on Fallout 4, would you still hate them? I haven't even played Fallout 4

being mentally retarded
dam that sucks man

side note is B&W1 was shit its sequel did make up for it or actually should of how B&W1 should of been instead of sequel, and X and Y while x and y did the jump to 3d it literally had bare bones things to do there was mega stone hunting and making your pokemon fuck a lot was a lot easier then ever before

Roast in hell, faggot.

I want to dick the girls myself, not watch them touch each other.

I completely disagree with your spoilered statement. B/W was unique and interesting and rather enjoyable, however, B2/W2 shat itself by trying to extend out B/W, there was no need for Ghetsis to return, there was no need to expand on the Shadow triade, there was no need to show what happened to Cheren, Bianca and N. That being said, the post game and side missions of B2/W2 were good and should've been added to the original games rather than making a sequel that shits on what B/W established.

Retroactively prevent it from being made.

Pokemon single-player is hopeless.
It's just a boring game.

The only way they could make the game interesting is with a spinoff.
Something where you play as the champion right from the start, with a selection of level 100 pokemon you can choose from, and all of your opponents are also level 100. Certain strategies in the actual competitive metagame are simple enough for an AI to comprehend, especially with a little "I can see all your sets" bullshittery.
The way the games are now, pressing the kill button until you get to the point where the next gym leader is 20 levels above you is a good tactic.

Otherwise, make the game focus on Pokemon Amie (but not shit).
Pokemon is always going on about bonding with your Pokemon and shit, yet the games don't let you interact with your Pokemon on any meaningful level. Let the fighting take a back seat. Take a page out of the books of various RPGs with social systems, but with less Persona-Social-Links and more Nintendogs.

>>>Holla Forums
You have to go back

Aaand I'm out

A) pull the plug on the series
B) turn it into PokeGen

No user, kill YOUR self.

Let me join the evil team, I'm sick of being "the good guy", if they make me participate in the shitty plot I want to fuck shit up.

Literally every suggestion in this thread is shit except for making hail buff ice def.

You are a faggot and have shit taste. Many of them were pretty good.

Not really. All I see is bitching about EVs and IVs being too hard when they're piss fucking easy to manage in gen 6.

Being the girl is the best.

Just go back to the red/blue/ yellow formula. It was improved upon with other iterations, but the 3ds version are utter trash. I'm not even going to compare Pokemon Go, that is just an utter pile of shite, there is no gameplay, the gimmick is just that is gets you to go out walking irl.

The formula hasn't fucking changed though. If anything the games need to get away from that formula.

Gotta catch'em all, gotta catch'em all, POKEMON!

A slogan is not a formula.

Then you're reading comprehension needs work.

I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause

That one 3D Pokémon fan game where you directly controlled your chinpokomon in realtime after sending it out (switching control from the trainer to the pogey) looked like a decent idea. Something like that would have been a killer app for the WiiU. Of course the Japanese jews at Nintendo killed that project.

You're in a poke-E-mon thread and you're complaining about autism. You need to look in the mirror newfriend you might not like what you see you big bully.

Kill it for good.

It must be so hard for your parents.

die please

I would make the game turn any pokemon fan's 3DS into a ticking bomb

the fuck is this?

let it go

exactly what you just said

I would cut their nuts off.

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/triggered/
>>>/oven/
>>>/autism/

Never really complained about EVs, but if you see nothing wrong with how absurdly grindy it is to get the perfect Chinpokomon (breeding who knows how many times to get 5 max IVs then have a 1/200 chance of perfect IVs, favorable nature, hidden ability, hidden power if you want to use it, egg moves… and then training for EVs, which isn't much of a problem on its own, and then training to level 100; now repeat it at least 6 times), you have either never done it or fall too deep into the spectrum. Doing this amount of work is unjustifiable, much more in a fucking singleplayer game.

Most of these mechanics are there because Game Freak designed the game around fighting with friends and not for srsbsnss minmaxer tourneyfags; you are not supposed to max these stats, they were added as a way to compare your e-peen with your colleagues and let kids wonder why their faggot brother has a stronger Charizard than them. Problem is, if you want to get into the competitive scene, you will face these guys, and these guys play at an advantage because they cheated in all their Pokémon and basically, managed to get their perfect team in an hour while you had to spend half a year to accomplish something that may not even be as good as theirs.

So, you lost to a Pokésave addicted Smogonfag in a tournament, and discovered your team had some weaknesses. Time to start over again! Luckily, the Smogonfag lost as well (to another cheater who was better at changing Pokémon constantly; their team and strategies were the same, after all). The cheater you lost to is not as braindead as the rest and discovered that he could actually make a new team capable of countering the most common team configuration. He turns on his computer, opens Pokésav and reconfigures his team in a matter of minutes.

You are competing against cheaters, who are not banned from competition, because technically these things can be accomplished in the vanilla game and there is no way to determine whether they are legit Pokemon or not (although when you have 6 Pokémon who are walking winning lottery tickets, you may suspect something). You will always be at a disadvantage, and Game Freak seems to realize this because they are introducing ways to make the experience less painful for legit players, but it's still grindier than your average chinkfarmer koreaboo MMO. Not even MH, sometimes described as a grindy game or "offline MMO experience", is this grindy.

tl;dr reduce PRNG, reduce grind

Add dating.

Turn it into an SRPG, or introduce SRPG games into the series with paper mario style encounter conditions (initiate a battle by touching something, attacking it, or being attacked) rather than doing the random battle thing.

How to fix Pokemon:
You fags are shit at game design

The sage devs are completely unconcerened about getting hit by a DMCA. Even if they get one, they plan on ignoring it and keep going.

Which is fine, but they are also not even trying to stay under the radar or takes steps to be cautious, which is just risky.

How though?

They set up a twitter account and a contact email not too long ago for some reason

In what way? Competitively? As a single player experience? As a social experience?
Competitively fixing pokemon is fairly simple, you just knock out as many RNG elements as possible until a match being decided by RNG is a rare occurrence rather than practically every single high level match. Just make all RNG applied directly rather than well, RNG.
eg: 30% chance of burn? Instead, you inflict 30% of a burn.
80% chance to hit -> 80% of a hit.
6% crint chance -> 6% of a crit
etc. You see what I mean.
As a single player experience it really just comes down to content, its not that the newer games have less content per say, it's that they aren't making the same advances some of the older ones were. GSC compared to RBY was a massive massive step up. Each consecutive generation seems to have less of a step up, barring gen 6 here which introduced a TON of mechanics but had very little content to compliment them.
As a social experience they really just want to make the online features more streamlined, and give more room for creative control in some things for people to share and enjoy. The Snap mechanics in S/M seem to be directly this.

How does one DMCA an anonymous project with no head anyway. Sure we'll find out soon enough.

Push comes to shove and we hit a legal wall we can't just ignore, we go the freedom planet style and become not!pokemon.

Which is what you should do, yes, but why risk it, and just take basic precautionary steps too?

Stagger the next demo so it won't come out in the same month as SM, maybe even only post it to here/cuckchan, and for gods sake get rid of the twitter and email

Minimize the chances of needing to freedom planet it, since that's still obviously not the ideal, and there's a risk of nintendo actually getting serious and actually wanting to take more legal action beyond C&D's and DMCA's

You guys set up a twitter and email, though. So they could do it there.

Upload the builds to IPFS or a hidden service, and just watch Nintendo go nuts DMCAing every single copy on the web

You fags are all fucking retarded and have no idea what the DMCA is.

DMCA takedown notices go to domain owners, not individuals involved with projects. If Pokemon Sage is hosted on a website of any kind a DMCA takedown notice can be applied. For example, if Sage is somehow hosted on 8ch, 8ch could get a notice from NoA, and then 8ch would be legally obligated stop hosting the game.

havent they given out cease and desist orders before as well?

Cease and desist letters are not legally binding. They just show that the IP holder has tried to take action before.

its scary though

Correct, but obviously in this context that means a DMCA served to whatever hosting service hosts the download, or the wiki.

Right, but ignoring a C&D only makes you look worse if actual legally binding action happens.

Not that it matters, since if nintendo truly decided to do shit, they'd be screwed anyways due to the financial differences in affording lawyers and such.

They probably wouldn't go that far, but the wiki going down is a concern

ITT
If you don't like it, dont play it and go back to the shitty romhacks of le old gems, Sage included

theres nothing scarier than people trying to talk to you

Is it truly okay when Nintendo does it?

Sage isn't even a romhack

Everything is backed up. I'm not losing sleep.

If I left a note on your doorstep saying to leave town or I'd remove your kneecaps would that be considered scary?

I don't believe there's been any not-bait folks claiming the old gens are objectively superior in every measure, nor the opposite. Just discussion of what we'd do to make the series better.

I got spooked just reading this.

Individual battles are "pick one of these 8 possible viable teams and use this cookie cutter strategy" coupled with RNG.
Individual battles are a crappy version of a traditional JRPG. If you think that's good, you're the one that needs to do some growing up.

You're essentially describing Morrowind -> Oblivion, where the RNG was removed and the game changed to reflect that. Instead of a 50% chance to miss at low stamina, you did 50% less damage.
Nobody liked that shit, it made the game a chore and combat really boring. RNG ain't good but removing it like that doesn't actually improve it.

In fact, most combat is pretty much already cookie cutter builds that people use with little to no variation. You show up with your team, the other guy presents his and you can almost predict who's gonna win before the combat even begins. RNG is still the only thing that kinda changes that, since sometimes you get lucky, but even then it hardly ever feels fair.
You remove RNG, you have an even more boring game, you keep it in and you have an unsatisfying game.

S&M looks like the best pokemon game yet, if you just want to go back to le old stuff just do it and let GF move forward

Is there a way that we can back it up as well? Could you guys upload the back up?

Fire everybody related to the 3D game and go back to 2D pixel sprites.

3D ruined Metroid and it's ruining Pokemon too.

Morrowind and Oblivion aren't turn based, RNG definitely has a place realtime games as you can adapt and change to it effectively.

In fact, removing RNG aspects from some mechanics makes them more viable, this makes the individual pokemon themselves far more versatile. While it'll still be the same 16 or so dudes on 90% of teams that's literally always going to be the case the things those guys do would be far more varied.

uh sure can't hurt to ask, can't see why not.

No because I have a gun

So fire everybody who has been at Game Freak for decades now?

Drop the Final Fantasy party combat system. It's boring, over-used and stale with little space left for inovation.

Make it happen in actual 3D with the environment playing a role in the fight as well. All pokemon's move around using their natural movement and speed on their own (you never have direct control). You can order them to attack and use a specific ability at which point they'll try to do so as soon as possible. Dodging, blocking and just running away would also be possible actions, as well as pointing to a location and telling him to move there.

All that time, you're still controlling the Trainer. You can move a bit around to see the battlefield better and even use items or shout orders, but never stepping in.
If this sounds similar to Digimon World, that's because it had an amazing battle system that was much better than any pokemon game and it could even be further expanded a lot more.

That's just the combat though. Pokemon games should be about the world and exploration as well. You should be able to open your Pokéballs at any time, have a chat with any of your mons and feed them treats or walking side by side with you. Tall grass meme wouldn't be needed, wild pokémons would just walk around. At any time one saw you, he'd attack and cause you some damage. Take too much and you faint and wake in a Pokecenter. To fend them off, you could tell one of your mons to attack him and he'd aggro the wild pokémon immidatly until you either recall it or won.
A defeat would force you to recall your pokemon and run away.

Raising pokémons wouldn't be about the retarded EV memes. It would be about winning battles together, doing side activities like picnics and taking him to his favorite biome.
Food for pokémons would play a role in how they grow, possibly having food for the Trainer as well so you'd have to prepare before leaving towns on a journey.

The game would feel a lot more fluid with the combat happening in the same space you walk around, more action-oriented but not based on your reaction time since you still only have indirect control. Raising pokémons would be about what you do with them, not numerical stats, exploring the world would be about seeing it with your mons side by side using their abilities in the world.

Think Dragon's Dogma Pawn System, basically, I guess.

See

Alright, thanks

And even though iy may not actually impede your progress if nintendo does anything, it really wouldn't hurt to just the sourt of baseline stuff said in

I can do it too.

1. Smogon and showdown have proved that all that is needed to make pokemon competitive is a few rules and tiers.
2. All the talk about rng is wrong, or even autistic because it doesn't work like this. Other strategy games use rng and are still amazing at that, like XCOM.
3. Nintendo DMCAs only fangames that monetize through "donations", if the dev wants to make money out of someone else's ip, he is both a criminal and pretentious. If you want to make a legit fangame do it for free like a fan would. "Pokemon generations", "Pokemon Uranium" and the Metroid 2 remake were all taken down the moment they added donations. And yet so many other romhacks and rpg maker pokemon games haven't because they stayed true to the fangame concept.
4. GF replaced most of their staff with new blood since ORAS and it shows with all the inspired things they do now, the Aether plot, the Type:Null and UB-01 are like a basic sci fi plot about playing god and etc. Sounds like NGE to me.
5. To everyone asking to drop basic concepts like the turn based and the single player overworld can either take a look at "pokemonmmos" that suck, or play something else with the pokemon ip, but not made by GF, like the Pokemon mystery dungeon series. Asking to overhaul the entire game is as stupid as asking to change MGS into an top view 3rd person shooter

3D saved pokemon, get over it

thank god

Pokemon is actually the farthest from a "generic JRPG" you can get. No other JRPG had done what Pokemon did before Pokemon was made. You just want Skyrim with Pokemons, though.

Except that's false.

Why do you post contrarian shit like this if you have no idea or don't care to prove it?
Sugimori is finally gone, Ohmura is a new director (ORAS was his failed first attempt), Masuda is probably gone too looking at all the new stuff they are trying to do in spite of his backwards plans.

a hard mode setting that doesnt require connecting to an already beaten game
have postgame battle facilities with (interesting) gimmicks. the maison is to bland for my tastes.

Except he isn't. He's still doing monster design and basic human concept artwork. Ohmura is just doing all the human final artwork.
No, Ohmori is. You're getting fucking names mixed up.
He isn't. He's the producer.

Turn based combat?
4 attacks per party member?
Stats that influence the outcome of those attacks?
The possiblity of using either an item or an attack on your turn?
Running away from regular combat but not critical fights?
Equipping items that give you a passive benefit?
Random fights on the map when passing over certain areas?
A party of 6 characters that grows strong by fighting and keeps facing increasingly tougher oponents?
A plot by a devious organization to take over the world, foiled by a little kid and the power of friendship?
The quest to be the very best at something, with a rival that just doesn't understand cooperation?

Nigger, Final Fantasy was already on Final Fantasy 6 by the time Pokemon Red&Green popped out. And many other JRPGs came before that using the very same tropes.
There's nothing original about pokemon except maybe that your party members fight alone, one at a time, and the main character isn't a party member himself.
Even the damn bike you always get on those games is nothing but the equivalent of the Spaceship in FF, just a piece of equipment you get that upgrades your ability to travel the overworld.

I want Digimon World with a team of 6, not just one, better interaction between the world and the pokemons and a world that takes effort to explore.
Direct control is still a no-no, and stats would still matter. That's quite far from Skyrim, but you gotta strawman it anway.

You're an idiot.

I'd actually like the removal of non-combat RNG mechanics. It would make customization a lot easier.

Just something basic like getting a Nature for a mon is a pain in the ass. Gotta catch a dozen mons just to find one with the 'good' nature that actually matters. Or a neutral one because he odds are higher and I'm lazy. What if the mon has 2 abilities, and 1 of them does jack shit? Add some more RNG in the mix. Sure, I could get a synchronize mon.. Except then I have RNG to get the right natured mon with Synchronize. And so on. There are ways of reducing it but it still boils down to RNG and autism shit that boils down to a button press on showdown.

Combat RNG on the other hand I think is what makes battles hilarious.

Then find a shitty fangame that satisfies your delusions, GF isn't going to overhaul a succesful million dollar franchise just because some backwards thinking autists that don't even play the games anymore want to make their childish delusions come true

Try not playing a kids game

What if the overworld monsters were represented by their pokedex colors and shapes? It would somewhat retain the mystery of random encounters (at least the first time youre in a given area)
I have started work on a pokemon fangame that does these things

150+ unique party members. Also

not really, some are merely the child forms of other monsters, you should probably only count the fully evolved ones in that sense, maybe.

also let me elaborate why you're an idiot: What other game did monster collecting while also having trading and battling with other people on top of all of these things before Pokemon?

this reminds me of something
the online pokemon trading should have a function to search for a pokemons specific form. would make getting specific vivillions easier (though that doesnt fix unreasonable requested monsters)

Compelling argument.

I never said nor do I believe they are ever gonna change their formula. At at this point, neither should they, since apparently people still buy it.
That still doesn't mean the game is good or that it can't be changed to something better.

All with the personality and background of a fish. Literally, quite often.
If you want to count things that way, we can check on how many weapons\armour\accessories you had to customize your party in traditional JRPG and see how many combinations that gives us.
Final Fantasy 3 had actually 3 types of characters. Humans, Androids and Mutants, with humans being proeficient at Magic, Mutants at Abilities and Androids at normal Fighting.
I may be mixing how they worked since I haven't played that game in about 10 years, but they already had "types" that worked in different ways.

Except they have changed it plenty
Except it is
Nothing is better than what it is now.

Party building with a fancy name.
It pioneered multiplayer for the GameBoy, you got that correct.
Is that the strong aspect of Pokemon? People actually buy it primarly to trade and battle against other people?
Because now I wanna know how you think this is different in anyway from CS:GO autism or similar FPS games where people trade shit and play specifically for the multiplayer aspect of it.
Or how the multiplayer part of the game even affects and contributes to the singleplayer world besides evolutions that only happen when you trade.

Adding more types isn't changing it, the underlining system is still the same and it's no different then releasing newer pokemons.
As far as I remenber, it's still a party of 6 pokemons, each with 4 attacks limited by PP that evolve with XP at certain levels (or trading and stones for special cases) all with their types that give them resistances and weaknesses to other types. The core of the game is still the same and hasn't changed at all.

Last I heard, those few activities like the pokeshows and beauty contests are considered wastes of time by many players that much prefer the combat.

Except it is completely different than party building because of the steps involved in obtaining and training your Pokemon.
Uh, yeah, you dumbass newfag.

Except the underlining system isn't the same as Gen I except on the superficial level of it being a turn based RPG with 4 attacks to choose. Mechanics have changed over the years and the games are vastly different from each other in terms of play.

Of course if you actually did some research instead of spewing shit you would have seen this.

You mean getting your party menbers in a stricly linear way, since there's a path you have to follow according to the story of the game and pokemons are gated to the location they show up?
Kinda like how JRPGs tie your exploration of the world to the story and party members show up when you reach a certain milestone?
Good luck catching Water types besides your started before doing the first few gyms and getting the fishing rod.

Uh, I knew the e-sports meme came from somewhere.

You mean more Status have been added to the game. If they are similar to how Toxic is just a stronger Poison, that's not "vastly different". Status effects, Stat Boosters and similar stuff haven't changed at all, they were always there. So what if you have all these new Techniques when all they do is something similar to what the previous ones did?

I played the first GBC pokemons on an emulator, I liked the games for the singleplayer and though they were quite neat. Never was atracted to the autism of it all but I have friends that were and still are fans of it. They still talk about exactly the same mechanics from before, about "double weakeness" and putting a pokemon that uses a move with a type that's strong against the type that counters that pokemon (Psychic and Fighting, can't remenber the mon)

More types don't change the mechanics, it's still the same. X type is strong against Y type, that means 0,5X and 2X damage going either way. You can increase the combinations possible but it's still the same mechanics, just like more pokemons don't really change the core gameplay or how you play the game, they just add more variety.

More techniques that do the same shit previous ones already did are the same thing. Some boost this stat, others do it at the expense of another stat, some heal, some have a casting time, others change the environment. All of these was already in the GBC games, is there anything genuinely new and unique in the latest ones? Can you even give an example?

I don't quite see Pokémon becoming an ARPG, but you could easily do the same thing as you propose by turning Pokémon into a TRPG. Basically, whenever you enter a Pokémon's personal area, action pauses and you get to choose whether to throw a Pokémon, and item or move around, like in BoF V but with Pokémon. Would make for a fun spinoff, at the very least.

There was a "big" jump from Gen I to Gen 2. Anything after Gen 2 have been small tweaks to the similar system that wouldn't account for "changed plenty".

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAH GET OUT

Thank you for your contribution, tripsman

iris has as much boobage as mei. where is all her oppai loli porn?

its really that simple. nintendo just adds garbage like pokemon beauty pageants because they dont want to actually do any real work to evolve their games

Coliseum and a false dichotomy.

Black and White.

get good

makes sense

fuck off

casual

oy vey

fuck off degenerates

fuck off

fuck off

so
why

Every time.

you are the guy who didn't think pokeautists were autistic aren't you? taking a screenshot only spreads the fact that you got btfo

Basically try to make something as good as BW2 and then let Drayano fix it for you, I guess.

Shit user. Next you are going to tell me you hate dialog trees.

Step 1: Add moms

There is no step 2.

What, you don't want to do anything with the moms?

but theyre already moms

What you do with the moms is completely up to you.

>not having an excuse for a newgame+

i hope shes just a titty monster and not a middle aged mother

The game already has moms though. All you're missing are ways to interact with them.

Hey, that's pretty good too.

All pokemon needs is a good story.

GOOD STORY
O
O
D
S
T
O
R
Y

Gameplay is already alright. They need to go away from their shitty peaceful town system, rebuild how trainers are treated and make the world actually a dangerous place, do some dramatic story with good plot twists and more complex organizations ruling the world.

personally i prefer having interesting fictional environments to explore to a dramatic story, although the story can absolutely dictate the environments you get to explore and perhaps more importantly give them meaning.

Racemixing

The longest it ever took me to breed a pokemon in x/y was like 2 hours to get a gible with 6 perfect IVs. Natures can be locked down with an everstone, egg moves take literally no effort if you know what you need beforehand, and ev training takes at most a half hour if you use pokerus, power items and hordes. If 2 hours of "effort" that can be spent watching youtube or some shit is still too much for you, you should probably consider playing a game that isn't an rpg.

so Monster Rancher?
i hope Godot gets concave collision polygon to work so i can go back to working on that fangame

Half of what people ask in this thread can be done through romhacks. So instead of shitposting and complaining, just get your work together and make what could be called a good Pokemon romhack.

That would be work though and I'm tired.

I know gen VI introduces ways to reduce randomness, but even following breeding guides
If you introduce egg moves or passing motherfucking hidden abilities, you might as well kill yourself right now since "gitting gud" at praying and pressing the DPad up and down for hours is not worth it.

Sure, this method beats the 1/fuckyou chance of randomly breeding or capturing perfect Pokémon, just in the same way being kicked in the balls beats shoving a broken wine bottle up your ass. Doesn't mean it's an unreasonable effort just to have a chance at competitions. I mean, sure, I could do it, but I have better things to do (ingame) than pressing up and down the whole afternoon.

You are either lying, extremely lucky or not telling the whole truth. If we assume you can produce and hatch 5 eggs, then open them, then check their IVs, then put them to breed again and throw the remaining Pokémon into the PC every 13 minutes, that still makes for 6 cycles (78 minutes) you will have to complete. Assuming you got a good Pokémon in every cycle (even though you have the odds against you), you would still have to roll a 5d200 (2.5% chance of success each cycle). It would take an average of 20 cycles just to get that sixth IV, and that's way more than two hours.

Were both parents already perfect or something? Were you using something else than Magma Armor/Fire Body to reduce hatching time? Were you using some autism way to trick the RNG into giving you what you wanted?

Holy shit, how does it feel to be so wrong and so autistic?

Point out to me a better breeding guide if you are so gud, faggot.

Not having autism is a pretty good guide

ebin. Wait while I screencap your post and make a montage with lots of laughing reaction faces and post it on /r/4chan.

K

Make the game a dungeon crawler RPG like Sekaiju no MeiQ. 151 different classes, each with different skill trees and the like. Make evolved forms a class upgrade that gives better stat growths but fewer skill points to buy new skills. Drop IVs and EVs entirely.

That's a fucking shit idea.

You are a fucking shit idea