Pokemon Red/Blue is the best Pokemon game ever made

Pokemon Red/Blue is the best Pokemon game ever made

It's pure, uncluttered, simple Pokemon.

It's just a perfect game, you can argue how the sequels improved certain aspects but they fucked up more than they fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/search?q=pokemon x and y framerate
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_European_language_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You are everything holding back modern Pokemon.

sage

Turn 1
Turn 2
Turn 3
Turn 4

That's Gamefreak

To elaborate:

Gamefreak lucked the fuck out with Gen 1 and made the perfect game, which is why every time they try to revitalise Pokemon they just fuck it up. They have no idea what to do with the series and so the just keep remaking the same game.

Sage isn't a downvote

I miss the simplicity of older Pokemon games.

sage

OP is right.

sage

Cry me a river, it never stopped you from beating the game

Hi

sage

sage

Pokémon Crystal is the best Pokémon game ever made.

This here is a smart man.

Pick one

Eh, Gold and Silver are best.

>the perfect game

If you don't want to discuss the topic, don't post in the thread. If you're so convinced it's a troll thread don't bother posting.

Pokemon Red/Blue runs better than fucking X & Y, games made almost 2 decades later

It doesn't, though.

More games have that now than before
See above
See above
One whole region and a watered down Kanto
B2W2 had every gym leader
B2W2 had five trainers and a champion with better team composition.
wasn't introduced until Gen 3
the stats were still shit back then
Debatable
It literally was Team Rocket trying to regain their former 'glory'. It's the most wannabe team rocket than ever before.

Kek, you're pretty good at this OP, I give this thread a 6/10.

The 2nd generation was the pinnacle. The Pokémon craze was at its height in the late 90's.

G/S/C fixed all the bugs and glitches that gen 1 suffered from.

It also introduced so many new features.

R/B/Y was like a prototype, G/S/C was the final product.

It didn't became a franchise until Nintendo saw how popular Pokémon had become, so that's when the long downhill fall began, starting with Ruby and Sapphire.

Actually G/S/C and HG/SS are the only games that actually do that.

I fail to see how it's good.

Pokemon is as easy as you make it.
Of course the fag posting Zone-tan would shitpost.

You have something stuck in your teeth, it looks like nintendo's ass hairs you shit slurping drone.

Modern Pokemon games are a fucking joke, they barely run on the hardware and are so bloated with features they force upon you that you get sick of the game after 2 hours. Not to mention the majority of the new designs are absolute garbage and the series has retained the same gameplay from Red, almost 2 decades later.

0/10, OP.

BW and BW2 are the best games, this is a fact.

OP is right though.

You have shit taste.

Gen 3, 4 and 5 are mediocre.
But gen 6 is a fucking joke, and so will 7 be.
GameFreak is rehashing a dead corpse.

Every Pokemon game is the best game

google.co.uk/search?q=pokemon x and y framerate

Nope, they're all great
Nope, 6 was great and 7 looks great.
I'm sorry, but you seem to have autism.

They're as fucking slow as you.

Only one lying is fucking you.

As a matter of fact, R/B, G/S, R/S, D/P OR/AS and arguably X/Y are really fucking shit.

sage

Surely we can all agree that Pokemon GO is cancer of the highest degree that should be tossed in the fucking garbage, right?

you fucked up, OP.

Pokemon Go is less cancer then the Mega evolution mechanic

ALL THESE BUTTHURT NINTODDLERS

read the post again, nigger, the user I replied to didn't mention that at all.
Pokemon games are slow in general.

More like the overworld wouldn't look any different in 3D.

What? How is that even a valid statement to make?

that explains why you're a cuck

Please go back to reddit.

If you want a circle jerk there is always reddit buddy, it might be more your speed.

Here's your (you)

Why do you act like that's hard to get.
Half this thread is you responding angrily to people disagreeing with you.

I dunno, user, Pokemon GO is pretty cancerous. I mean we're talking Bethesda level cancer here. It may be terminal.

the only good thing about gen 1 and gen 2 are the smaller object sizes that make the world feel bigger
I actually really like that about the earlier gens
oh also the (comparative) non-linearity I guess

Reported for paid shill.

Yes, I'm shilling for a 20 year old game.

A 20 year old game that is available now on the Nintendo® eShop™ for the low price of $5 each. Buy Red, Blue and Yellow and enjoy them on your 3DS system!

"Fucking stupid gimmick where lol you need 2 of the fucking same fucking game but with different colour carts to "catch them all" when the data for all them exists in both."
"even with both mons you can't catch em all because the last one in the game was locked behind having to go to a movie theater and paying to watch a shitty anime movie (and thie event was fucking limited, it could not have the event in your area, and the glitch to now make this situation fucked is a fucking decade away)" - comment you replied to you dumb fucking nigger

Because fun fact PS2 games have much higher poly counts and are on average 3-4 times the file size, now with those same models managed to push the hard wear to make the game while in constant movement (While sacrificing it's original 60 FPS and cutting it in half)
Meanwhile a game by nintendo owned devs can't have some fucking animals standing still run at a stable 30

Pokemon lost it's momentum the moment they started the circlejerk and included tons of new pokemons that wasn't around before.

Those were in , you dumb fuck, and I already replied to that with

You just proved you're an illiterate nigger, and I don't talk to niggers. Filtered.

Good goy trade

What?

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_European_language_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_I

Gen 2 was the pinnacle of the series. Everything after that was a giant mess of features and monster designs that were either hit or miss.

NO STOP IT !!!!
GEN 1 IS THE BEST!!! ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_;

filtered by id thanks

Every gen is the pinnacle of the series, user

That's wrong, there's 151.

That's wrong, you can only legitimately obtain 150 of them.

I legitimately caught 151 of them using just my Pokemon Yellow cartridge. I don't own a Gameshark or a Game Genie for the Gameboy.

Tbh I think the best Pokemon game would be a romhack of HG/SS which removes all of the Gen III/IV mons while retaining the improvements from each generation. If that exists, please someone tell me where to find it.

That's bullshit.

yeah it's called HGSS, you fucking moron. Gen 3 and 4 Pokemon aren't available until after you get the national dex.

Long-range trainer glitch is still legit.

Check out Zophar's Domain, it's the biggest repository of game hacks.

Oy, I'll Rock Smash you right in the face, you fuck.

Except it isn't.

Your autism has 0 affect on me.

I'm not the one with autism here, you are. It takes a whole lot of autism to consider abusing glitches a legitimate way to get Pokemon. Is using missingno to get infinite rare candies a legitimate way to level up your Pokemon?

Buggy as hell, you mean.

Which you automatically acquire when you beat the Elite 4, dipshit.

hell i like pokemon diamond/platinum were pretty meh but whatever but jesus christ man

so you like the game with the worst AI?

nice try, faggo

I see your smug and raise it with smug

m8, this entire thread has been you displaying your intense autism. Take your meds.

I call your bluff!

I like how none of that greentext actually applies to anything I posted, especially
Which I never said.

It wasn't a bluff tho!

OP, shouldn't you be off playing Pokemon Go or at least pretending you're playing Pokemon Go to facebook or something?

I'll run out before you do.

Please go back to reddit. You aren't a special snowflake.

W-Wicke is thicke?

You're pretty special yourself, user.

what is the size of your collection?

If you're triggered by normalfag then I think it's clear you're the one from reddit.

This bot seems to be malfunctioning. He can only repeat the same few phrases.

No, I think you need to go to reddit

I wouldn't mind it as much if it didn't put Pokestops in all the areas I usually try to find vulnerable girls by themselves at night. Now there are groups of people all over the place making it harder (but not impossible).

I haven't got one, that's why I'd run out first.

Just gotta be pickin a fight with somebody, don't ya?

What are you spazzing out about? Did someone trigger this autist?

How unfortunate.

Anything to shit up OP's garbage thread

thank you for infecting me with enough of your autism to make me spend six months in mspaint

i know, i fucked up

except that it's one of the glitchiest games ever made and the special stat is broken af

unless you picked charmander then you're looking at 2 hours of grinding to get past the 1st gym and the rock tunnel

But you don't need any of them, you can easily sweep the game with just your starter.

Eh, I'll give you that

I never knew what the story was. I know it was something about team rocket and mewtwo but that's it. I never bothered talking to the npcs because it wasn't needed unless I had to in order to progress in the game.

it was rather bland

There was a plot?

Ok

I can do more than argue I can prove it. Case in point gen 2 was way better

Don't you remember how broken the typing and stat sytem was and how glitchy it was?

Interestingly enough, the board chose not to save your image.

Red/Blue doesn't have our goddess, though.

this

Color Ids look like garbage.

I bet you like Pokemon GO, you normalfag.

You should lurk more.

Every fucking time I see that guy's grin, I can't help but remember how disappointing No Guy Buy is. I actually like the game, but I can't keep playing it, because there's NOTHING TO DO. Collect more dictionaries, build faction up, buy a new ship… Why do these things, though? It doesn't seem like the game is going anywhere.

I'v had it with you

Pokemon seriously lost out moving beyond gen 2. The abstraction that you had to do to fill in the blanks in a world with such poor sprite quality was what made the games immersive to begin with. Gen three and beyond had sprites (or models) which unambiguously represented exactly what they were supposed to, demystifying the whole experience. As a result, the games became autistic spreadsheet simulators.

Gen 3 was the worst gen.

Anyone who thinks Gen 1 and 2 are good are fucking retards. The battle systems were broken shit, more so in Gen 1 but Gen 2 didn't escape this. There is a reason they scrapped everything and started from scratch. Gen 2 was really just 1.5 and you Gen 2 faggots might as well be called genwunners too.

Pokemon Gen I and II are just as much spreadsheet simulators though. Stat experience being replaced by EVs doesn't change the fact that the exact same system existed back in Gen I and II.

Having low-res graphics due to a platform's limitations rather than out of some artistic choice doesn't mean that having those limitations removed makes it somehow worse.

What was wrong with the battle system in gen 2?

Don't believe the lies

Heliolisk is neat but not best poke

X Accuracy in Gen 1 and Gen 2 automatically made all moves hit, so even if someone degraded your Pokemon's to-hit chance, it didn't matter, they still couldn't miss.

Horn Drill + X Accuracy is a "FUCK YOU, I WIN" combo.

You need to go back.

I thought they fixed that in gen 2.

I think it was.

Oh you mean splitting up a paragraph instead of putting paragraphs beside each other? Like most people do on every website of the internet, including on here?
Why on Earth would someone single space like this? It looks downright ridiculous and can even make it seem like it's a single paragraph. That's a good one mate, using punctuation is a sign of someone going to reddit. Sorry that we're not all BRs like you are.

I could go on, but off the top of my head these are the most broken. Also both Gen 1 and 2 had heavily over centralized metas.

Holy shit, you really need to go back.

Nice nostalgia goggles faggot. Come back when you actually have some sense.

A question mark denotes the ending of a sentence. You really do need to go back to school.

here you double nigger.

You're double spacing after green texting one sentence.

Granted the lack of physical special split was a problem, but that wasn't fixed until gen 4.
Also I wasn't under the impression that even in gen 2 poison (except for toxic) was that much of a big deal.

You can continue to argue with yourself, but I'm just going to ignore your stupidity at this point. Oh sorry, I did it again.

The only people who don't prefer Red/Blue are assblasted ought tots who never even saw the superior nineties.

But toxic is a huge deal, and it too has the same glitch. It's a huge thing. And also I think all gens before 4 are shit because 4 is where the Physical Special split happened and made so many more pokemon workable.

Gen 2 didn't have natures or abilities, it's utterly barebones. It has a special nostalgic place in by heart but it's got a garbage battle system.

Is that what you mean to say? Because I was born in 87.

As someone who grew up in the nineties I always feel the need to ask when this subject comes up, what was so fucking great about the nineties other than the lack of helicopter parents? There was still garbage music, instead of Bieber and Gomez we had Christina and Britney. What is it that made it so much better?

Why do people pretend Gen 1 and 2 Toxic was this big deal?

Natures or purely for min-maxin stats and abilities, while a decent addition, are far from vital unlike physical/special split, which did greatly improve the game. That being said, the game wasn't awful, it just wasn't as involved.

Your fetish is pretty fucking weird, it's a pocket monster.

I'm sorry, but I can't take seriously anyone who says genwun was the best generation. Gen 2 was basically gen 1 with more map, more Pokémon, more bosses and more mechanics and gimmicks. You can't even play the whole "but genwun Pokémon were cooler!" angle because both gen 1 and 2 were designed at the same time and later on split into two generations. Technically speaking, Pokémon that appeared in gen 2 for the first time may had as well appeared in gen 1 if GameFreak decided to split them in a different way.

I personally prefer gen 3's designs, but I respect anyone who says gen 2 was the best one simply because they have a lot of arguments in their favour. Genwunners don't, they are just blinded by nostalgia and will often cite bullshit reasons as to why their games were better ("it had less Pokémon!", "it was simpler!", "it was monochrome (or any other variant of technically inferior = better)!", etc). Half of OP's reasons don't even make sense since they apply to many Pokémon games.

The truth of the matter is that complaints from genwunners are complaints about a game that isn't designed primarily for them anymore. I'm not saying you can't enjoy Pokemon; it's more like "cartoons today are dumb and flat, the cartoons of my day are superior" when the generation before you probably said the same fucking thing about your cartoons.

Everything in OP's post reeks of rose-tinted glued-on goggles (or is just a troll going for low-hanging fruit) and everyone trying to counter argue OP is either not realizing that arguing with a genwunner is futile or arguing with a troll is doubly futile.

Yes, adds so much to the series by adding in unimaginative duplicates of what already exists in a different pokemon.

It's broken, buggy and severely lacking in content.
GEN 2 and it's remakes are still the best the series has to offer.

The only part I read from OP's post was the line about 150 pokemon, so I corrected, cause Mew existed and is number 151. But reading his post, there are a few things that I can agree with.

You get your pokemon almost immediately, and then you can leave Pallet town, you get to town 2 and go in the shop and they give you a quest to go back to town 1 and then that's it. You're on your own, no more quests, no handholding, you get your pokedex and now you're playing. There's no bullshit about go here to complete X quest for Y. I remember that really put me off the whole plot about the random guy stealing pokemon and then you have to battle both him and your rival at set spots in one of the generations of Pokemon games.

I don't care about story in games, I just don't. If I wanted a good story, I'd watch a movie or read a book, there's only a few fucking billion of one and millions of the other medium. I don't think Mega evolutions are bad, perse, and more minigames is not a bad thing either, so I disagree with that criticism, but games do put too much emphasis on story these days.

And I don't care about the plot that this Legendary pokemon wants to rekt the fucking world, and now I have to go track down some fuck I never talked to in the first place to convince him to move to his phase 2 spot so I can talk to him there and continue to nudge him through his various appearance locations in order to trigger him to show up for the final scene so that I can end the stupid end of the world bullshit.

Mewtwo didn't have any kind of plot like that attached, he was just a super strong Legendary hidden in a cave, no one talked about him, no one knew he existed. Pokemon Origins redacted that and made Red's rival (Blue, I suppose) tell Red about it, and Red went and caught Mewtwo, and then they're like "BUT THAT MEANS THE MYTHIC POKEMON MEW EXISTS TOO" and then they both jump out of bed and go looking for him.

That's fine in an anime, why, because it's a fucking anime it's not a game. I don't need a reason to do something, I can come up with my own reasons to want to catch a Legendary.

Gen 1's advantage was it was a linear RPG, so pokemon strengths were balanced around the fact. There was no breeding so certain pokemon were simply better than others. This can be easily seen by how caterpie/weedle evolve very quickly and seem to top out, not getting much better moves for the duration of the game. There was only one dragon type in the game and it was justifiably overpowered. You could only get it in the late game and you had to level it up from low levels… Unless you bought it at the games corner, in which case you were rewarded for earning all of those coins to buy a dratini early. And what was it weak to? Ice type moves, which were in limited supply. Seriously, go check out which pokemon learn those moves and when you could get those pokemon at earliest. Most times it was TM or bust.

Many of the earlier areas encouraged you to explore or provided alternative tactics. Brock? Evolve a butterfree. Sand attack. Go for a lucky poison or burn. Rage. As a kid you had to try different options or get your ass beat. Misty was faced when you pretty much only have normal, bug and flying types, but if you go just a little bit north you can fetch a bellsprout. Lt. Surge had diglett's nearby.

Want one of the broken OP psychic types? You have to catch a wild abra that only knows teleport, then swap in-out fights to level it up to level 16 (usually from level 6-9), or pick up the less good drowsee. Buy a magikarp before Mt. Moon and you could later on have the sickass Garydos. Yeah it has a 4x vulnerability to electric, it also learns hyperbeam. Pikachu in Viridian Forest? Low rate of appearing.

The game had content that reflects a traditional RPG and in many ways that is what people truly remember when they think of Gen 1. The trades, the discoveries, the things that they had to work to uncover. People worked around the battle system, they learned to master it, they didn't suffer it. People who didn't play the original game without online knowledge can't experience that.

I played Yellow without Internet. I know many people who played gen one without Internet, and let me tell you most of those kids bruteforced their way through most of these "puzzles".

I feel like this is the biggest problem with games today. I can't play a game that comes out anymore without already knowing something vital about the game, the wanderlust and exploration is already ruined.

I don't know about objectively saying RGBP were the best games, but I do know they're the games I enjoyed the most in the franchise, to the point I can still go back and play them and have fun, whereas anything from 3rd gen going forward just feels like a chore.

Emerald was my favorite on my book
I wonder why there's no '3rd' version on newer main pokemon games,besides Platinum.

Gen 2 the most dominant meta was toxic stall Suicune. If you don't think it was a big deal then you didn't play pokemon competitively back then.

Gardevoir is a talented cosplayer

It's not a particularly good game on its own, but the key aspect is that they took all the repulsive time sink grind collection bullshit to a whole other level in subsequent games. That is what makes them the better Pokemon games.

I didn't play competitive back then.
I don't play competitive today.
And you're telling me that Toxic was the dominant meta even with the weakness of not hitting if your opponent doesn't use a move?
What the fuck are you complaining about?

Uhh, that doesn't happen. And I'm not complaining about anything, I'm explaining why Toxic being broken Gen 2 was a big deal.

By which I mean to say this is what makes the first generation the best set of games. They could have improved things immensely in later generations but they didn't. As always, greed got in the way of good game design.

You fucking said

And then you went on to clarify that the same applied to toxic, and now you're telling me toxic was the dominant meta?

Yep, even with it's issue people still loved it. It's still absurdly powerful. It being broken as fuck just made it apparent how shitty the battle system was, not that Toxic stall didn't work or couldn't dominate.

The battle system was so shitty that something that had a glitch working against it was still the dominant meta.
Right.
Okay.

YEAH, WELL I THINK ALL GENERATIONS ARE EQUALLY AS FANTASTIC, AND I ENJOY AND LOVE THEM ALL EQUALLY.

implying it has to be female to be your goddess…

I agree that Pokemon has become cluttered to fuck & not in an ambitious way, but in a "shitting everything up" kinda way.

webm-related

I'm sorry if it's hard for you to understand, I know autism often causes people to be unable to understand subtle concepts.

You know the situation in that webm is totally different from what he described, right?

I think they're all equally good too. Equally shit.

/thread

Gardevoir is a fucking shoggoth and sticking your dick in it is literally the worst idea you could possibly have.

It's not, it's exactly the same. It's people trying to make the point that the game is competitive when in fact it's just completely broken and designed by retards.

Wait.
What.
You just said you thought they were all equally good.
and then just said equally shit.
what.

Art degrades with time, everything does.
I see how this escapes faggots like you, we are living in a time of cultural decay. Its entropy.

How can you honestly look at the latest gens of pokemon and say they are better then gen 1 or 2, and most of 3?
They were INSPIRED, they were ideas that sat at the back of talented peoples minds, however age and the ability to create endlessly has made later generations weaker.

You can see this in everything, the sooner people understand the situation except it and demand better refusing to except the current shit show we have the better it will get.
If you look through history this has been true for generations, you come to a point were any artistic or value is lost, causing the consumer to no longer consume.

Thank God.

Man, I didn't want to fuck one before, now I kind of do

Fuck. you.
THE OLD ONES WERE, THE OLD ONES ARE, THE OLD ONES SHALL BE .. THEY HAVE THEIR HANDS UPON YOUR THROATS, YET YOU SEE THEM NOT.

well that's the fun

I learned I could cheese brock with butterfree
on my own, as did a lot of people

but I also bought a shit ton of potions and just charmander scratch the fuck out of a legion of geodudes

that's what makes a videogame unique, there is the effective way you discover on your own, or you make your own way which is less effective but can be just as satisfying

none of the later pokemons have this design that encourage exploration or striking out on your own if you encounter a roadblock

I fucking hate the piece of shit artist behind these images, he always waters down this crap without even thinkign it through.

The worst sin you can ever commit with Fantasy monsters is this.

Atleast we can all agree that

Pokémon
Dragon Ball Z
Yu-Gi-Oh

were the Holy Trinity of childhood animes.

Girls had Sailor Moon.

Oh. Okay see I thought you were being clever. But nope just a moron who thinks he's smart

Oh, and 2 honourable mentions:

uh, didn't Blaine's dungeon or that team rocket volcano hideout have diary's talking about mewtwo?

he did in fact have a bit of setup

Ever heard of "don't stick your dick in crazy"? This applies here as well, except this crazy literally wants to feed your soul to Old Ones.

Only nigger and spics like YGO.

There was the books in the Pokemon Mansion that mentioned Mew, but not Mewtwo.

totally agree. nintendo needs to scrap everything and start over from scratch with gen 1 and focus on competitive pokemon training and fighting with a new generation of pokemon.

Nowadays they tell you where to get or sometimes directly hand you the key to defeating the first 2-3 gyms. It's awful and makes me want to puke.

When have the first 2-3 gyms ever been anything even resembling difficult?

Gen 2, when the first gym had Mud Slap.
Gen 1, when you didn't have bulbasaur or squirtle for the first two gyms.

But that's wrong, you retard.

Ehhhhhh… Squirtle didn't provide you with any advantage against Misty. Unless you started with Bulbasaur it was always better to get a new plant type for Misty.

Switch pokemon to reset stat drops, or just use your own flying type.
Catch a mankey or nidoran, get it a fighting attack.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess you're one of those retards who uses nothing but your starter all game, likely fire. See, pokemon has this mechanic called "catching pokemon" and it can be used to make up for weaknesses your pokemon might have. You should try it out on your next playthrough.

Sorry not everyone is an autistic part-time faggot like you, some of us actually care about Pokemon.

Isn't it just that everything not a human is female in his shit?

I want the underage children to leave

If we're talking proper Lovecraft Old Ones, they'll get your soul no matter what you do. If we're talking MGE's, I don't see the downside.

That only works in Pikachu Edition, not in the core games.

Actually, outside of extremely early game, using only your starter is way easier. Overleveling is stupidly overpowered.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you're one of those retards who only played yellow. In red and blue you couldn't catch a mankey that early, and Nidoran (both of them) didn't learn double kick until level 42.

Oh don't worry, you've made it quite clear you're a full time faggot.

To be honest, I think Pokemon games should have provided more variety and choices. Instead of just Fire/Water/Grass, give more options, Pyschic, Ghost, Fighting, etc. It ain't gonna make the games good, but at least it won't be based on a shitty rock paper scissors mechanic.

This. One of the things I liked about that Touhou version was that you could pick any base form character as your starter.

Hey ANONs! Guess what?
OP is a FAGGOT!
>Enemy TENTACRUEL used WRAP! __ can't move! Enemy TENTACRUEL's attack continues! Enemy TENTACRUEL's attack continues! Enemy TENTACRUEL's attack continues! Enemy TENTACRUEL's attack continues! Enemy TENTACRUEL used WRAP! __ can't move! Enemy TENTACRUEL's attack continues! Enemy TENTACRUEL's attack continues! Enemy TENTACRUEL's attack continues! Enemy TENTACRUEL's attack continues!" etc.!
To be continued!

And the Pokemon were hilariously underleveled so they got 2-3 shot by most Pokemon.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to make you feel better about your clear case of autism, cuck.

>Enemy TENTACRUEL used WRAP! can't move! Enemy TENTACRUEL's attack continues! Enemy TENTACRUEL's attack continues! Enemy TENTACRUEL's attack continues! Enemy TENTACRUEL's attack continues! Enemy TENTACRUEL used WRAP! can't move! Enemy TENTACRUEL's attack continues! Enemy TENTACRUEL's attack continues! Enemy TENTACRUEL's attack continues! Enemy TENTACRUEL's attack continues!" etc.!

What other purpose would there be for the move to exist other than lockdown with a damage status?

How many posts do you have on smogon.
Be honest now.

It is a pretty shit mechanic though. I was playing through Yellow and I had a Gengar who was faster and stronger than a Tangela, but the Tangela made the fight continue to be a fucking coin toss because if I didn't one hit KO the Tangela, the Tangela would do it again and again and again and I just couldn't do anything. The bullshit wears off and they do it again.

But he's not stuttering or exasperated, don't be a faggot.

I'll agree, since more subtle tactics like that are usually pointless compared to a straightforward element weakness damage strategy, the effect of the move was just that the AI stalled you constantly, but the later games just made it a completely meaningless move entirely.

I bet you were the kind of kid who constantly cried cheater because you couldn't wise up and come up with the obvious solution.

That wasn't my point at all. I was complaining about the garbage AI in Gen I that literally just randomly selected attacks. The point was that on the same turn your pokemon is afflicted with a status condition there's always a chance that the enemy will try to afflict you again or worse there are so many points where an enemy ghost will use nightmare on a pokemon that is awake or I've had an oddish use poisonpowder when I was already paralyzed.

fuck off

I used to be that kid, once upon a time, it seemed so much better to me to keep doing damage and kill your opponent faster. Then I'd get frustrated by Confusion, Paralyze or Sand Attack because it slowed down my DPS by making fights go longer and even cause me to fail an attack.

Mewtwo's lore was intentionally left a little open ended with the only other info given being in Emerald on an island that no one got to reach without cheating devices. No media gave proper credit to the actual creator of him until Pokemon Origins which also sort of explained how Mewtwo has mega-evolutions in a way

Drill Peck and Fly.

I actually like the original sprites more than Blue/NA version's. Some of the back sprites are godawful though, like Charmeleon's. Either way, I'll take them over 3D models any day.

This is logic is just as faulty as saying things automatically progress with time. Would you say that this generation of airplanes, trains, and boats are worse than the first because they were inspired by their predecessors? That age and the ability to create more has made the later generations weaker. No, of course you wouldn't, their greater speed and strength are more than readily apparent.

You are just another one of those faggots shouting "Come on, It's 2016!" trying to justify certain behavior based purely on year. The only difference is how you view that behavior. You should go back to your box of antiques wipe the tears away from your eyes as you reminisce about the good old days. Then you can finally kill yourself.

You do realize this board is full of nintendrones that defend all of nintendo's shitty consoles after the GameCube and the shitty new pokemon games.
Honestly, I thought the pokemon designs for gen 5/6/7 were pretty bad, but S&M designs are terrible. There isn't a single pokemon that looks good. D&P is when it started to get boring.

Wow that's bad.

Nigger, you fuckin wrong. Gold/Silver were the best games. Whole new region to explore, breeding, new evolutions to make old pokemon more useful, and after everything, you can go back to the old region from the first games to explore what came of them after 3 years.

You're right, but you'll never convince the tumblr pokefuckers otherwise.

No society comes in waves, we are in a time of intellectual stagnation.
There are times where complaints of the next generation are unwarranted and when they are.

Would you argue that Rome didn't collapse due to societal decay due to ever increasing numbers of people who became weak to decadence?
Do you think every cautionary tell of a society soften through self-indulgence in every religion major and minor is just a coincidence?

Which was nothing but minimizing. Every 'dungeon' was either outright removed or made significantly smaller, and so little actually changed. Like that dude and his machop were still laying the groundwork for his building.

Gen 2 was made to be the ultimate Pokemon game because they never planned to make any more afterward. They went all out with what they could. That's why the end of the game was defeating your player character from the first game to bring everything full circle and to a close. But just like with corporate greed not wanting to let a good series die, it was brought back to life forcibly.

You say any of that like it's bad.

Have to agree with you on the minimal story. When I played Omega Sapphire i was yelling at the 3DS to hurry the fuck up with the exposition.

Nothing of value was lost

None of that is a loss tho

Say what you will about anything else, but I'm pretty sure these aren't glitches.
Persian's got nothing going for it besides its speed stat, which is normally redundant if it already outspeeds anything by a huge margin. So crits give speed a second purpose.

Wrap is the obvious final form of player annoyance that Zubat started in the first cave. If I remember right it didn't restrict you from everything, you could still use items and I think some moves.

And? Getting elemental versatility at the expense of raw power is part of strategy.

I'm not seeing any problems with this at all.

People like to whine that pokemon is too simple while complaining when anything is added to it.

But I do, I'm playing through Green as we speak

Jesus, you're playing the extra busted version. Good job.

You have to be an idiot if you think using the elemental punches, even if super effective, are ever worth using on Hitmonchan over Mega Punch.

Natures are pretty shit though, since they're another part of that whole 'supposed to be hidden', 'every pokemon is special and unique' thing they were trying to accomplish with IVs

Because there's no shit pokemon now, amirite? All competitively viable just like Nintendo envisioned.

This is just sad, user.

Excuse me, out of all the physical moves Hitmonchan can learn Mega Punch is one of the shittier ones, Submission and Strength are better options.

Gen 1 and 2 didn't have natures and abilities you fucking idiot.

IVs were back in GEN 1 as well! Though they were called DVs instead! Also! EVs were known as STAT EXPs and they worked differently back then!

Nice backpeddling there buddy, If Hitmonchan's niche was elemental coverage and it was done better by a ton of other pokemon then perhaps it's poor design on Nintendo's part?
Don't get me wrong, Pokemon is full of poor design choices but the Hitmonlee vs Hitmonchan thing was quite a big one.

How is a system that makes pokemon deeper bad? Are you a fucking casual? Also, you do realize that Gen 1 and 2 had IVs, right? They're coded differently but, they're still there.

No, retard, but it had IVs, you'd still have to breed or recatch for mons with good stats.

You still had to breed for the perfect pokemon in gen 2, dumbass.

>A word tucked away on the second or third summary page means your pokemon has personality
kek

I don't really care about the "my gen is better" shitposting, I just don't like the system
Anything that greatly encourages mass eugenics in a game about raising pets to be your friends is an inherently shit mechanic in my opinion

All of which require one-use items most of which can naturally only be acquired once per file. There is of course item multiplication, but from a design standpoint they were balanced assuming you wouldn't be able to teach 10K Volt to every other Pokemon without buying two copies and playing the game over and over to get extras.

Because its so much harder finding the right IV than it finding the right IV, Nature and Ability. Gee, it's almost as if you're exaggerating.

I didn't bring up Hitmonchan's versatility. I was pointing out that there are bad pokemon in every generation, and that you're holding genwun to a higher standard than modern games which still manage to fuck up. Does Gen Wun need to all of its pokemon competitively viable or something? Just do what said and teach it other moves.

You can easily beat the game without breeding, user, what the fuck are you talking about?

Your fee fees don't determine good game mechanics, faggot.

Just because you never even tried to breed doesn't mean breeding good mons is some sort of obscure arcane art that requires extreme autism to understand.

Breeding is piss easy, and it only got easier with each generation. At worst, it's just time consuming.

It objectively does not foster bonds with pokemon, and even encourages cheating by being so fucking grindy
Whether that is a negative thing to the games as a whole is debatable, but not much
So basically, it's my opinion, but if you disagree you're fucking retarded

No breeding 200 shit pokemon like a puppy mill for that change 1 with max IVs, a target ability, and a non-shitty nature.

chance*

Fighting other players is optional. And even then, how many random people breed the ultimate team? If you want to be friends with your pokemon, then don't engage in eugenics. They'll be fine in a battle, you fucking baby.

I'm way more attached to my 100+ egg Hidden Ability perfect nature egg move monsters than you are to the trash you just tossed a pokeball at, that's just a fact.

He will never know the pleasure of having a small army of organized dittos. His loss.

And? You still have to get the right IV's, ability and nature while in genwun you only had to get the IV's.

This has been the funniest thread today.

I only suggested to ignore the elemental punches because Hitmonchan can't use them with its base 35 Special/Special Attack stat, and that's no excuse for how gimped Hitmonchan is because of it. Hitmonchan's problems have been alleviated somewhat due to Generation 4's Physical/Special split making the punches Physical moves.

IVs are the hardest part of Pokemon, and in gen 1 it was totally randomized bullshit. There is no challenge in abilities or natures, that shit is retarded easy.

You can't pass down IVs in the first generation, while you can now. Your point is falling apart.

My nigga, God damn I love my Ditto box.

Isn't it great, opening up a box and seeing 30 of these little bastards?

You can basically lock in 5 IVs, ability, and nature, there's nothing to complain about in that regard now.

Video games are not social media

I'm just saying it goes directly against the themes of the games

No it doesn't. Pokemon breeders exist, they've always existed, why do you have a problem with being able to be one?

Pokemon is inherently a social franchise

You still have to get the IV's in the first place.

see

Modern gens making it so you can catch easy 3IV dittos with locked natures is so satisfying. One day of ditto hunting and I could breed anything.

See above

And they run against the themes of the game
The most direct real life parallel is dog breeders, and those are generally fucking horrible people who create abominations of nature because they make money, among other things

Shut your whore fucking mouth.

It did have elements of that early on that were a huge detriment, since it basically meant certain 'mons required you to buy a second Game Boy and game and play through it multiple times to unlock everything, but it seems like the focus on the multiplayer aspect has only gotten stronger as time goes by, which is why the games just aren't engaging anymore.

He only breeds Pokemon because he can't breed humans though

No, sorry, you're still not attached to your pokemon on the same level as one I've have actually WORKED FOR, versus you just tossing out a ball, the training was the same retard.

I'm glad I never took Pokemon seriously.

jesus you're still posting? i feel genuine pity

this man gets it

/thread

Gen 2 was a cancerous fucking time sink.

The irony is beautiful.