I wanted to play Star Control 2, should I play the original or should I play The Ur-Quan Masters version?

I wanted to play Star Control 2, should I play the original or should I play The Ur-Quan Masters version?

If I understand it right the second one isn't complete, or is it?

It's complete and has some superior technical qualities, such as better custom options and controls.

Lol component materials

thanks fam

correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't ur-quan masters lack the part of dialogue that reveals the location of mycon homeworld? Been a while since last played uqm

If it does or doesn't is no matter as you can guess their capital by looking at the center of their territory-circle, which always points at there.
Otherwise I remember I normally found it anyway in my playthrough.

Ur Quan.

It's amazing how you can side with the objectively most evil faction but still be considered a good guy.

what? you cant side with the druuge

Reminder that the Ur-quan (both) did nothing wrong, and neither did the Orz, or the Mycon.

The Ur-Quan imprissoned your race
The Khor-Ah want you dead.

Those were their mistakes.

Who says I'm human?

Is this game timed? Like, in general? I got a short ways in, read somewhere you have to liberate Earth within a certain time limit and decided "fuck that."

Farming materials
Fighting alien ships
Talking to Ayy Lmaos

THRAADASH ARE BEST.

Putting such a limit makes sense otherwise you could build up such a powerful ship to completely break any balance the game has.

It still one of the best space based games I've ever played but it's a shame the combat and mining are so repetitive and simple.

Clever fan moding bastards. Anyone know the status of this? Did it ever finish?

I never even found those guys

As far as I know, it didn't. I haven't looked into it in a number of years, but I think the project was dead then

There's a time limit, but it's very VERY generous.
As long as you're not a retard and pay attention you can get fast travel decently early on and once you have that, you'll move around quick enough to bumble through the rest of the game without missing much.

The only reason I got near the time limit was because I was spending a ton of time on a quest you're kind of shit out of luck with if you don't have the game's physical map for, but it's easy enough to find

This shit looks great. Too bad it was never finished

Ur Quan did nothing wrong!

The moment you find hints about a portal that opens on an specific time, go there.

The rewards from doing that more or less make the time limit almost infinite.