How different dev priorities effect a game's overall feel

this really brought that home for me. Same IP, relatively same UI and controls, but a bunch of tiny decisions made by people with different priorities resulted in a significantly worst experience.

Any other examples?

Sometimes when playing a game you can notice a bunch of little things that add to the overall experience that make you think "the devs cared about this". A lot of modern AAA games feel like they just pumped it out because it's their job but some games just give me this feeling that the devs cared and put a lot of work into this.

The little things can make all the difference too, little extra things that the devs did which don't seem like much but that enhance or add to the whole experience can make a game feel so much better.

Yeah like how Beth games don't feel anything like real RPGs but you can tell they at least had fun making pretty landscapes and minor details into the game.

I feel like 343 cared, but they didn't care about the same things.

Are the bungie halos worth a pirate? That video kind of got me interested in its singleplayer.

If you are interested in a singleplayer shooter with a good setting and don't mind things like the two weapon limit then give it a go. The first game is pretty nice but keep in mind it's designed as a console shooter so expect something much slower paced than most PC shooters.

Sometimes it feels like they care and other times it feels like they hate Halo and its fans.

They can be pretty fun co-op games, but only the first 2 ever got a full PC port whereas 3 had a leaked Russian f2p version that got modded into a pretty comfy multiplayer game to play with Holla Forums if the hostfag ever remembers to set up a fucking server

This.

Halo 4: 343 cared about the story
Halo 5: 343 cared about the multiplayer (muh esport retards)

Let's hope they focus on the story for Halo 6.

Kill yourself

Halo 4 was the best Call of duty game to come out in a few years
343 is what happens when fans of something they don't quite get are put in charge of an intellectual property
Imagine if like the normalfags that say they love sailor moon so much were in charge of a new sailor moon show
It'd be fucking shit just like Halo 4 and 5

Hello there, Bungiefag. Have you preordered the new Destiny DLC? Ready to explore the same place over and over?

Swiftly kill yourself

m8, 343 was the point where the series went from "narrative that knows when to be serious and when to step back and have fun with itself" to "SUPER SRS GRITTY DARK DEEP AND EDGY CHARACTERS CINEMATIC DRAMA". It was extremely hit-or-miss and I kinda hoped they'd come to their senses with 5, but holy shit Halo 5 is just fucking awful in every regard with its Tel Aviv levels of multiplayer kikery and dumbass story full of people that literally nobody cares for.

if they did, they wouldn't have made a Halo 3, instead made another ODST

Eat shit Microshill

very noticeable in Halo Reach
console FPS: all shit

Same gameplay with none of the asthetics for half the game, shit plot that ruins the premise,Breaking Benjamin and a shit cliffhanger along with shit awful graphics.

Im sure you enjoyed your shitty Xbawks Lan parties user.

I said this in the last thread, but what gets me is just how different the people are. On one hand you have a bunch of genuine nerds who had passion for what they were doing and wanted to make a fun console shooter. Then on the other you have a bunch of business men and nepotism/diversity hires working as fans on something they don't understand at all.

It's insane how quickly the industry changed.

Thread hidden stop trying to sound intelligent

I half suspect publishers do this intentionally; and by that I mean switch out the original dev teams for less competent dev teams; one which will crank out a game faster at the expense of quality and creativity since the fanbase and the ip have already matured. Guaranteed sales on a prove franchise.

(And yes, I am aware Bungie choose to develop the IP for microsoft contractually).

But even then it still felt like they put huge amounts of love into the games, Halo 3 especially.

It seems like there are less and less of those people, especially with businessmen appearing to have active influence on a games development

I wish this cancer would stop.

Not saying Bungie didn't. I'm saying publishers hold all the cards in the end and they have a tendency to maximize profit in the short term at the expense of the established fan base.

We all know how big the games industry is now. There are probably a great many devs who still have a passion for what they do, but the industry is stagnating because devs have to answer to publishers who have to answer to stockholders.

Bullet magnetism of that type and strength is only in Halo 5. The older games simply lower your sensitivity when you aim at a target.