What does Holla Forums think of this piece of shit? What were the chucklefucks thinking while making this...

What does Holla Forums think of this piece of shit? What were the chucklefucks thinking while making this? People actully enjoy the absurd grinding and taming speed that would make chinese gold farming kids cry.

Other urls found in this thread:

please
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

please use archive.is/2016/4/16/11443486/ark-survival-evolved-lawsuit-trendy-wildcard-stieglitz-noncompete

This is where you may direct a lot of frustration. This is downfall of the Developers.

what happened there

From what I've seen, most people play on servers with the shit turned up to 20x

i watched my good buddy's older brother play this game because its all he does after work.
watta waste of time.

Then the guy joins a guild with the sole intention of farming rocks.

The guy spends 10 hours a day working then spends another 4-6 hours grinding for his hebrew overlords. Fuck everything that game represents. It awakens autism long thought dormant

Apparently it didn't like posting a link.

Anyway its a non compete from another team and the lead developer of arc was in fact competing amd so the rumor is that the dlc that was recently churned out is a direct result of thia trying to recoop drastic amounts financial loss. So it makes sense why they would want to do something but they went about it in a very stupid way because it blew up in their face when the main product isn't finished.

if you have a group of 5 or more friends to play with its great.
playing it solo is just shit i would imagine.

I played it and have only played on modded servers. I had no idea thw real time was legit that bad. I had heard though.

Every game is great with a group of 5 or more friends.

I guess the overall purpose of the game is to get to the point where you collect enough rocks to go to space. But no one does. There are pvp servers where you can fuck with people and indian trade their stuff to get to space first. But no one does.

Making lego building a full game was a mistake

yes, but there are games where its just fun because of the people you play with and games that actualy get better when you have more people. ark is just such a game, since you have to do 1/5 of the grinding you would have to do alone when you play with 4 other people. you actualy get to the fun parts of the game.

it has its moments but

grindy as fuck if you play on official servers
playing with friends is a most if you want to get anything done quickly even on higher rate servers 2-4 on high rate servers are fine anything below 5x you'll need like 6-10+ players
dinos are fun but Pteranodon is still broken in pvp and literally shits on anything that is not protected by auto turrets, same goes for gigas even after the nerf they still do a lot of dmg and can tank better then most dinos.

Hold up right here because I know this is 100% out of your ass now.
wew thats terminal autism.

Anyway ARK has its ups and downs, great with friends if you aren't joining some (((tribe))) you don't know to be slaves.
if you are solo do shit like ghillie suit up and huck spears at people/micspam using proxmic since its proxy with area-fade.
How much fun you have all depends on your playstyle, you could have fun with your friends playing the meta and making a massive metal box you call a base or actually doing something fun as a group like abducting new players off the beach and forcing them to fight giant snakes, or taming a hundred or more compies/centipedes for giggles.
Even some light roleplay is possible if you are on a server where the playerbase is a bit more easygoing and less serious.

This is important though, don't grab the DLC unless its gifted or on sale. its not worth it. also don't play on official unless you can gather 60 autists+ from around here of all timezones to fight the chinese.

This is the only way to feasibly enjoy this game. You'd have to be retarded to play on vanilla rates.

This video is semi-related in the sense that it teaches you how to manipulate structures. Some servers also let you build past the 88 structure limit.

Plus the expansion released during early access.
Is it still a unoptimized piece of shit ?

Jesus, this was a documentary of autism with that guy's narration.

We had a server with some absurd rates (like 40x) and the server host put in massive dino barges.
We proceeded to turn one as a tribe of 20 or so into a massive battlebarge. had a good 100+ turrets plus the entire top covered in plant turrets. an interior with supplies and crafting equipment for mobile restocking and dino storage.

People couldn't fight us and we couldn't fight back either since anyone looking at the damn ship had

Gotta agree with the one point OP has that makes the game shit: On official servers, the rates are just retarded.

That's why pretty much everyone just plays on servers with 5x rates, then the game becomes perfect.

Also,
THAT is what people should talk shit about. But who cares? Doesn't impact the way I play the game and have fun with it in the slightest.

Also, if you have fun or not in this game depends a lot on if you are smart enough to figure shit out by yourself and READ THE FUCKING WIKI. Like, holy shit. If you play on a server that isn't hostile to noobs you'll see so many retarded kids who ask a million questions all day, need help with everything and make it an art to build the most terrible bases ever.

It's grindan, user.
There's functionally no difference between a game that's P2W and a game that's Grind2Win. One requires expenditure of money, and one requires expenditure of time (and time = money).
Neither requires skill. Only Skill2Win games are legitimate vidya, and they're definitely out of style.

Wew, buddy you sure are trying hard to fit in.
Lets think about this you REALLY want to say Grinding is like p2w when there are several popular games here faggots enjoy that involves considerable grinding?

I'll give you a hint, one also involves hunting dinos and monsters.