You die after 3 turns of being knocked out

Gay mechanic that ruins the game

ITT: Gay game mechanics

The PSP port was hella easier than the original version, so I don't know why'd you complain about a mechanic that complicates gameplay by making losing all HP risky, but not removing it as an option completely.

I liked the FFTA way more, that's it really
It also makes it impossible to bring people back to life since one second after you give them 15hp back they're just going to get killed again two seconds later

I just wish characters' models looked at least faintly like artwork/portraits instead of ugly anime dwarves with random toxic colors on them.
I mean even Warson on genesis had more or less human looking characters, not even mentioning Fire Emblem.

>People that can't use skill to minimize the risk from luck

Speaking of FE4, the way it handled each unit having a personal amount of gold (and causing you to lose a whole lot of gold because you could only have a certain amount) was a shit mechanic.

git gud fgt

This is even worse when they give you no warning of them coming. It's completely counter intuitive to strategy in general. There's a difference between being surprised by a new enemy squad flanking you and then countering, and then there's a enemy instantly spawning and killing your archers from behind before the game actually gives you the chance to plan or fight back.

Fire Emblem 6, Awakening, and Tiers to Tiara 2 did this shit last I checked.

How do we make this go away?

The eternal bullshit of rngfags

RNG is indistinguishable from sufficiently advanced determinism.

This game's mechanics are so well put together that it almost seems like an accident that it turned out so well. Especially considering that almost every game that came after wasn't nearly as mechanically sound despite having their combat based off it.

How else would you simulate chance?

"Charge" timers, daily quotas and anything else that prevents you from playing the fucking game.

Forgot image.

This. The Only reason they like it is because you can remove any challenge at all if you know what you're doing. I never knew the weebs were the biggest casuals of them all

I don't know that's why I'm asking

Wow, I wonder how they ever managed in the entirety of human history. I'm honestly not sure if you are mega casual or just retarded.

And while I am here I may as well post a superior game to this trash.

Keep RNG, but make it simulate a deck of cards instead of a dice roll.

I fucking hate luck, I swear I'm cursed or something.

That is fucking genius user. It would even create a neat situation where certain enemies would become stronger the longer a fight goes on depending on how you make it work.

That's what Tactics Ogre does. It prerolls a stack of numbers at the start of every battle.

Pre-rolling is actually to prevent save scumming, not to ensure proper value distribution. The card deck method is a bit different in that each possible value has a guaranteed number of occurrances, and the RNG is used to shuffle the values in the deck instead of rolling new values.

This is a videogame, not reality. It's simply bullshit that an enemy gets to spawn and attack without giving the player any way to counter what so ever. This isn't fog of war where you can't see enemies but can at least plan around surprise attacks. This is an enemy simply appearing, usually behind you, and attacking without the game giving you a chance to actually fight back. Sometimes with no warning. All the examples I gave were turned based games. There's no strategy revolved around this until you die and retry.

How would you plan around an ambush, when the game gives no hint of a ambush, while also giving you no chance to defend yourself when they arrive?

>tfw Secret Short Bus

Are you clinically retarded, OP? The 3 turn period of grace makes it easier than losing your unit at the moment they go down for whatever bullshit reason, which doesn't happen very often if you play it smart.

Not even that, you even have THREE MORE LIVES for each unit on top of the three turn period of grace. If you really need more safety nets than this then I weep for this generation.

why

I guess that explains how her eggs got scrambled.

oh look, mark's favorite position

>I want to fuck a canadian trap

Both 4 and 5 really wanted you to get away from relying on a very small core of power units and to try and take a balanced approach to who gets EXP. Unfortunately, it's difficult to make that happen organically, so there's that shit. It kind of backfired too because in order for a weak unit to earn gold, they have to kill, but in order to kill, they need better gear. You could have your stronger units weaken someone for the new guy to get gold… or just kill the guy with your core unit so they get the EXP.

It's too bad because they really do try to get you to use the objectively worse units, but the player has to consciously make that choice instead of it just happening. Kind of like how I did a /ss/ run of FE6 with males under 20 and older women. A lot of the older women the young'uns can pair up with in supports are average and the dudes in their 20s are usually the core units you take to endgame. Or they're Cecilia the general that got ultra critical fucked up by Zephiel and it's reflected in her stats or Chad the wonderthief who would have been the best assassin if thieves could promote in 6.

Sounds tasty

Dubs AND another person initialed CM. Impressive.

What's yours, Cum Muncher?

Russian Crock-pot

the fuck would this even look like?

hell, what kind of fruits even grow in alaska?

I can't imagine what this'd be.

No I mean what's your name, I want to meet up so we can try out the Russian Crock-Pot

Red Apples, Blue Berries, Lingonberries, Raspberries and Strawberries.

So red and blue stuff. An Alaskan Fruit Basket might be cumming on someones road rash and bruises?

Rectal inhaling?

Because PRNG is sufficiently advanced determinism.

Eat several very large meals, put on a blindfold, scoot around on the bed shitting and every time you bump into something change direction.

bullshit level depends on the ability to handle, prevent, or recover from critical rng rape.

Why is razorfist so retarded?

I also remember him trying to convince everyone that The Witcher is a plagiarism of some book because the protagonists both have white hair and the nickname "White Wolf".

Look no further than Mass Effect.

what

Are either of those guys mechanics?

>If any enemy is in range of your archers you can kill them instantly

Only if you want to ;)

No, the gay mechanic in mass effect is a nigger.

Good job taking away all of the skill and fun of using that class.

Mexican Rocking Chair sounds like an actual sex position, but I just keep wondering what a Horizontal Tornado or a Reverse Microwave would look like

No but I am, trust me.

He thinks Oblivion is a good boy, dindu nuffin, and that fast travel was always in TES and therefore Morrowind is overrated trash. In that very video posted ITT he claims that Fallout 3 is superior to Fallout NV because every 5 feet something happens.

He also seems to believe he's some serious part of the industry whose criticisms actually affect companies when none of his videos can break 100k views

Replace one-shot with death's door and you've got Darkest Dungeon

I've never watched this guy but is it possible he could just be pretending to be retarded just to get views?

His videos outside of bethesda games are usually alright

If that were the case he's actually retarded because he can't get views

He said Duke Nukem Forever was an alright game basically because it wasn't COD

im not so sure thats a good comparison. poker comes down to math, and in the end so do a lot of competitive games.

That is literally the least bad thing about the game.

I mean the game's fun, but holy

SHIT

is it frustrating sometimes.

YOU CANNOT SKIP THE FUCKING CUTSCENE

You need to git gud because I played through that shit without once using the turn reset function.

That shit's just cheating.

burning with passion

>mf in Area 51

I prefer when crits occur from specific special conditions rather than chance.

even faggotry was a fucking faggotry

You make it sound like this is the game you want.

And that's why I don't play Fire Emblem anymore. I played 3 of the games in the series and they all pulled that bullshit or something similar.

Fuck that game.

what exactly are you supposed to do in that second scenario?

What I did was go play through FFT again. Way less bullshit involved.

I don't care what sort of casual you're trying to appeal to, leave it in there for others.

You see, Ivan. When having warm hole can to be making borscht anyplace.

Hi

>tfw average but a 4 inch girth with foreskin

Ready for the horizontal crock pot bby?

I miss these types of games.

Someone wake me up from this fucking nightmare.

sleep snug, smug

Ole, ole, ole

you were a homosexual all along OP

WAKE ME UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

Surrender. Or don't, that would be more fun!

You're such a fucking wrong asshole.
You favorite game is shit.

Amphysvena is fine, Opiomorph is the pain in the ass

IIRC, that's how Doom does it. Its RNG is just a fixed table of numbers from 0 to 255, and it just takes a next number every time it needs a random value.

Not to mention Ramsus and the white haired elemental titty monster love to talk a lot before and after the fight.

Though seeing Elly shoot Fei was pretty kek worthy.

I was 14 when I first played Xenogears. It had no official release in EU back then so I had no manual, it was also a time before FAQs on the net were easily accessible. Thanks to that I never learned hot to get new deathblows and only used 1st level deathblows when using mechs. I somehow managed to get by but by relaying on Frame HP. Opiomorph was when I hit a wall I remember I finally managed to get the bitch down with Chu Chu.

Climbing the Babel Tower was most frustrating for me. I also raged like a motherfucker in FF7 at the Forest and Temple of the Ancients.

Well Tower of Babel was shit because they wanted to slap platforming in the middle of an rpg with random encounters.

at least i aint a homo, gay boy

Fuck that was awful. Waiting for a random battle before a jump just to be save, done with the battle, ok I'm safe time to jump….another random encounter mere seconds after the last one.

Emulators and save states can really help dealing with such bullshit but recently I played my PSX library on a PSP so I got to relive a lot of my childhood frustrations.

Well, if you were bleeding out or you had a severe concussion and didn't receive medical attention soon enough: you would die too. Get good, this isn't X-Casual: Enemy Unknown.

Now, the fact that there's more Tactics Ogre games than proper Ogre Battle games, now that's bullshit. Ogre Battle 64 is the only good RPG on the Nintendo 64 but it rivals the vast majority of the PS1's library in quality so it's a shame that there has been no new release in 16 years.